Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

I am hoping that the memory loss in ep 20 is due to SOG sealing his own memory. 

That’s his only defense mechanism to cope with the loss of his loved one.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

ohh.. she's not stabbing herself for dying! It's KDS did! That evil jerk! And he ran away??? If he didn't stab her then SJ will be just fine or is this also part of the heaven's plan to let her got stabbed by him? Why r writers doing this huh? :bawling:

If he didn't stab her. Sunmi herself will stab herself to death after summoning that dragon into her body

yes heaven is beyond cruel. They left this girl to die and sacrifice herself

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They gave us a beautiful start but struck us in pain towards the end, OMG! My heart ached as I  watched SunMi die in his arms. Heaven is too cruel to them, they didn’t give them any option aside of fulfilling the fate as SJ and OG as the executor.  :bawling:

Since I watched it, as I tried not to question why it goes that way, the story goes more complicated now that they killed SunMi, where’s the happy ever after for these two, i can’t think of any possible scenario to revive her character. As everyone one here object; reincarnation is a big NO, it too common. 

Come on! The CG of dark/black dragon is so-so. I was expecting of huge dragon props and real frightening since that thing is magnificent and majestic, but that one, I don’t know!  Maybe it costly that is why the production settled to use that thing. By the way, heaven guards doesn’t look heavenly peoples to me , why not dressed them in all white including the shoes, because of the black shoes, it seems not in appropriate to the scenes.

• Like 4

after rewatching the episode, I am still very upset on how the whole ordeal come trough. I mean the gods couldn't be more stupid and useless.

how can they contain the most powerful "weapon" that heaven probably have against the dragon that would destroy the world, just because it is not according to their plan. hello!? there's a thing called alternative? plan b? they should just release OG to help Samjang. even if one of them must die in the end, it would not feel this vain.

I don't understand the whole purpose of containing OG even if it was Samjang last wish.

*take a deep breath... now, Writer nim please.. please let this drama have a happy ending, and not the reincarnation kind  nor a bitter sweet one, but they kind of happy ending where OG and Sunmi live together with their litlle monkeys in Seurom-dong, and OG will have to take his own medicine when he learn that his children are just like him, naughty and full of wit. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

If he didn't stab her. Sunmi herself will stab herself to death after summoning that dragon into her body

yes heaven is beyond cruel. They left this girl to die and sacrifice herself

I see. Since it's originally that she's fated to end up sacrificing and dead so the destiny just plays it in a different way, instead of being stab by SOG it goes to KDS who did it. Well, it"s because I wonder maybe the things would go much better if it was done as SOG's plan. Like she just got hurt for summoning it and he come right in time just to stop the dragon and kills it just like did did in the end. Those deities are blocking him could, only if they don't take his time, he'll go there before KDS stabs her. Here i tried to find any possible things which maybe can undo her dead. I have a feeling the writers plan for reincarnation thing. Or if it has to be ended as her being reincarnated to reunite with him, I hope somehow they returns her previous JSM/SJ's memory to this new life. So I guess that's how SOG will try to regain all her memories of him into her back. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

after rewatching the episode, I am still very upset on how the whole ordeal come trough. I mean the gods couldn't be more stupid and useless.

how can they contain the most powerful "weapon" that heaven probably have against the dragon that would destroy the world, just because it is not according to their plan. hello!? there's a thing called alternative? plan b? they should just release OG to help Samjang. even if one of them must die in the end, it would not feel this vain.

I don't understand the whole purpose of containing OG even if it was Samjang last wish.

*take a deep breath... now, Writer nim please.. please let this drama have a happy ending, and not the reincarnation kind  nor a bitter sweet one, but they kind of happy ending where OG and Sunmi live together with their litlle monkeys in Seurom-dong, and OG will have to take his own medicine when he learn that his children are just like him, naughty and full of wit. :D

i wont mind the reincarnation ending if they fall in love again ;p 

• Like 3

Spoiler
28 minutes ago, kjesin said:

Watching Hwayugi EP 19 like

I know!!

I need to rewatch with the subs but I don't want to cry again (>_<!)

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/gifs/videos. Thanks.
  • Sad 2

I will be singing praises for these stupid gods in this drama if they give Sunmi a reward of becoming a deity.

I still believe there will be a moment when OG takes of  GGG in front of Sunmi and reply back the i love you 100x part that Sunmi has been saying to him.

A wedding:  it has been hinted so many times as well so i'm gonna trust you writer nim

that baby is introduced to the drama for obvious reason too

i'm looking at you writer nim!! If not i will be the evil human who summon pink dragon

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

Regarding the black dragon, it's true that the CGI for this drama was never going to be up to Hollywood standards, however, I was fine with the depiction of the dragon itself. It's a classic Chinese dragon that has been depicted which is much more of a snakelike form than the ones in tales about St. George. Here is a depiction of a Chinese dragon albeit a golden one and not a black one from an article about them on the Dramafever website which says that Chinese dragons might have been based on recently discovered dinosaur fossils in Asia which depicts dinosaurs which consisted of very long necks that was more than half of their body lengths.

Image result for chinese dragon

This dragon form is also consistent with the drawings and carvings that the drama has been referencing all along on ASN's sarcophagus and other artifacts.

I'm more bemused by the fight scenes between the various humans and the black dragon. However, given that this dragon is the ultimate evil spirit, so what OG was fighting was more of an energy fight than a physical brawl, I guess they did the best they could with the fight choreography.

I was reading some comments that mocked the black dragon depiction, so thought I would say something about it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

I'm just wondering what is KDS actually? I mean did he have some foreseeing power or something? He can even see the dragon opens its eyes in his vision just like how SM sees it. He has such supernatural power too? :wink:

What do you think guys?

I hope that the peddler keep SM for some times just like she keep MW's child. After that, they reunited at the beach as there are some scene taken at the beach is it ? 

• Like 3

oof hong sisters please don't pull a reincarnation plot on us! like they always have a separation period towrds the end, but like separated by death?? like wtf is gonna happen to kang dae sang? fool just stabbed someone and bolted! I hope Oh gong goes to seek revenge or something. 

listen, i just don't want an reincarnation ending, ok? I just want them to get legit married and have a little family bc seon mi never had that or real friends. She  should either come back a goddess or like son oh gong become mortal for her to return back to earth or something. *sigh* i really don't know what's going to happen  in the final episode, i just want a happy ending for them!

• Like 3

@stroppyse thank you for your explanation. Yes the dragon is depicted like the one in chinese classic  .. of course it's different from the western one where they are fat on the bottom and spit out  fire from their mouth.

the Cg for this drama isn't the best but it's not that ridicuolous either since the acting of the casts made it believable 

happy ending with wedding that's all i ask for

no reincarnation

• Like 8

I feel like the only logical ending for this couple is immortality. SOG is immortal and completely unkillable. They briefly introduced a vulnerability because of the GGG but now that it's no longer a shackle to control him, OG is back to being his invulnerable self. Looking at the preview, it seems the Gods think SOG is being emotional because of the GGG. They plan on sending JSM down to earth for one day to remove his GGG. My guess is that one day on earth is somehow going to become an eternity.  We've been told how crafty and good at finding loopholes SOG is. Hopefully, they show us his crafty brain in action trying to keep his JSM forever. 

• Like 13

Episode 19 goes from this:

tumblr_p51j3ks8Yq1s8t96qo4_540.png

credit: @briseis

To this:

v1dbErA.png

credit: @briseis

How can it break my heart so much in a single episode to see OG?

OG who goes from hopeful and confident at the start to totally broken at the end of the episode. In a way, SM who has decided to make herself the ultimate sacrifice and to protect OG while doing so, and feeling relieved as she says that the geumganggo protects OG from heartbreak, at least finds a measure of peace in herself, her actions, and her fate. My heart was always going to break more for the one who was left behind.

And, how bitter that OG who didn't tell SM about his true love for her to protect her in case he dies so that General Frost could tell SM the lie that OG was able to get the GGG off and thus ran away, and spare SM the pain of his death, now at the point of SM's death, can't tell her the truth of his love so that she can have the measure of comfort that she wanted from knowing that OG won't be badly off by her death since his love was generated by the GGG rather than being true love.

Knowing that what awaits him is endless torment and heartbreak over losing the love of his life, I can understand why OG seals himself off in Sureumdong after winning the battle with the black dragon. It's also not being able to face SB and the heavens edict who kept him confined so that he couldn't interfere with SM's plan to die as SJ. OG goes off to finish killing the black dragon at SM's request, but afterwards, the hopelessness and lifelessness in his voice as he stares up the blue sky and voices his thoughts that the world hasn't changed, but SM is no longer in it. Perhaps if OG had gotten to SM in time, he could have defeated the black dragon without sacrificing SM's life. Perhaps if he had told SM that he truly loved her, than they could have teamed up so that he could protect her as well as battle the black dragon, rather than SM doing an end run around him to try to keep him safe instead.

Given that OG is being offered a place in heaven for vanquishing the black dragon after all, I hope that the liquor ban is also listed for him, since alcohol may be the only thing that can given him some ease of mine right now. Not that I advocate drinking as a solution to problems, but I think OG definitely deserves to have a drink or several.

My thoughts are a bit jumbled still from this penultimate episode. I'll wait to see tomorrow's episode to see how I feel about this entire drama in general, I guess. Thanks @briseis for your posts, and I hope you don't mind that I used some of the images that you posted. Still several hours to go until the final episode airs.

• Like 20
  • Sad 1

I have many nice things of ep 19 to say, 

#1 I know I'll be crying for this but I love how SM manages to find out SOG's plan to keep her away from her fate. She didn't go "SOG, I'm sorry" and ran away as MW accused to. She bravely faces her fate and steps in to deal with it. Such a cool human JSM! She's not just doing it for SOG but really do it for the sake of the ordinary world. The world is still continue to exist well so the happy ending for good people like HJ could still be true in the future. 

#2 As already mentioned here, that JSM love can change the old irresponsible and jerk great sage to be a good hero who dreams to keep doing cool things (good deeds) all the time. He can just let the world ruined when JSM has died, and no, he didn't. How furiously angry he is, he comes to stop the dragon from releasing to the world. He can just burn it down like last time or leave it to be fallen apart. But he follows what SM told him. Sad but it's pretty wise how he loves her that much. 

#3 I love seeing how Sec Ma persistently save MW from following what SBR's offers him. Hahaha. I love how she keeps dismissing SBR's effort to waver MW. Seriously, that bull almost turn his back to that petty temptation  for easily got lured with that offer. 

#4 And the moment dragon prince sacrifice himself to save PK. I feel so sad with that. I love how the writers depicts the bromance between them by making him possessed Alice. I might not be that moved if the two men were hugging together that close. Lol. Anyway, the scene comes as meaningful send off for dragon prince. Poor PK, he loses BJ as well as DP. If only he can be much calm like other peer immortals, he won't lose him as well. 

#5 MW finally acknowledged that he does care for SOG. He said he'll be bored without him. 

• Like 12

50 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I'm just wondering what is KDS actually? I mean did he have some foreseeing power or something? He can even see the dragon opens its eyes in his vision just like how SM sees it. He has such supernatural power too? :wink:

What do you think guys?

He's the devil incarnate

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

Few more hours before the finale! Stay positive and trust the writers that they will give us the best ending.

I just want to share this one while we are all waiting for tonight's episode.

tumblr_p51wuhgJip1x1ecjho2_500.gif

tumblr_p51wuhgJip1x1ecjho1_500.gif

I was watching some clips from New Journey To The West season 1 and found that gem. He looks so good with Geum Gang Go no matter old or new model.:D No actor can be Son Oh Gong but Lee Seung Gi. :D:D 

• Like 9
  • LOL 8