[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Did I just see our OTP with wedding rings on their finger in Instagram?! Omg! So it might be a happy ending!!! I will love you more, Hong Sisters, if you give us fans this wonderful ending! 

• Like 17

50 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

Can yall imagine if SOG really has a daughter as adorable as SM though? Constantly doing aegyo to melt her daddy’s heart.

gahhhhhhh :blush:

That would be adorable and the mother-daughter pair would team up to hit him with double servings of aegyo.

I bet it will happen even if the Hong sisters don't write it into the drama. Oh Gong and Sun Mi are surely going to have eternity after all (practicing positivity). I just pity any young man (regardless of whether he be deity, yogwe, or human), who later tries to become Oh Gong's son-in-law. Oh Gong would definitely have a slew of extremely crafty pranks as tests that poor young fellow would have to try to surpass first if he wants to approach the Monkey King's precious daughter.

EDIT 2: Me being happily duped :wink: 

Spoiler
31 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

Did I just see our OTP with wedding rings on their finger in Instagram?! Omg! So it might be a happy ending!!! I will love you more, Hong Sisters, if you give us fans this wonderful ending! 

[...]

Waw! I feel spoilered, but happy!!:wub: Thank you for sharing @Liting1!

EDIT: ...Oh Gong's still wearing the GGG. Maybe he'll take it off only at the very end, and then they will both put on the rings? If that means the GGG never disappears, then that is a sign that Sun Mi will never die (and then be brought back to life or reincarnate). Good signs, good signs.:heart:

Edited by Zelda
Sticking me being fooled in a spoiler tag, so I don't mislead others, but it's funny so I'm leaving it here ;P
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

@butterflyeffect, Ah, you're probably right. That fan twitter account has already taken down the image, I think. Good catch.

Still, a nice idea to imagine, though.:wub:

And about the official still of Oh Gong. I'm still curious about the GGG. Does that mean that this scene will be at the beginning of ep 19 or the end of ep 20? It's going to be hard to wait for subtitles this weekend.:sweatingbullets:

That's probably just OYS fan account. Hahha. But anywayyy, we are hoping that could happen! Wedding rings on uri 503 couple! 

I also want to add that OG gaze is soooo charming! :wub::wub: make me melt like ice cream ~~~

Thanks all for sharing such lovely photos!! 

• Like 1

Those twitter fans od OYS and LSG are hilarious lol :D:D:D

the thirst for shipping this couple is so real 

there is a pic of Mawang with 2 boys? Who are they?

now whenever i see the cast taking pics with kids al i can think is "Monkey babies yeaaah!!"

please give us a happy ending. If

it ends sadly i'm gonna be so broken

food truck from OYS fans today (that means she is still filming till the end right? No death or anything?)

739B33C7-6214-4DBC-9DFB-DB1FDA475A03_zps

A5CBC2B9-00F6-466B-9AA4-61230AD67E52_zps

EB7BF073-2F1A-4C15-9F43-B8042A245FB8_zps 

the banner is funny though "Human Jin CEO fighting!!"

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

(I'm too excited tonight -my time-, so I decided to post this early in case anyone wants to play to tide themselves over while waiting for episode 19 to air :wink: )

Hwayugi Funny, Firey Fill-In-the-Blanks, Finale Round 4!

Welcome to the fourth and final round of this game for this drama!:wub: I hope you will pick your wackiest words and enjoy a barrel of laughs when reading the game results!:lol:

What the Game Is, How To Play, and Example Words:

Spoiler

What it is:

Ever tried to run a piece of Korean text about your beloved drama through Google Translate, and come up with something absolutely absurd? This is a game that mimics that, but you get to create the absurdity. :D

How the game works:

-The game host (for now that's me, Zelda) selects a short piece of text, such as a text preview, song lyrics, or a short scene from the drama, and then prepares a word list for you to fill out without knowing what the short piece of text is about.

-PM your filled out word list to @Zelda with a capital "Z". (Please note: @zelda with a lowercase "z" is a different user.) Submissions are accepted until Tuesday at 22hrs/10pm KST.

-The game host will insert your chosen words into the piece of text, and one to two days later, everyone's custom Fill-In-the-Blanks text will be posted in this thread for us to laugh about together. :D

Word examples:

Get inspiration from Kdrama memes! (Non-Kdrama related words are welcome too!)

Nouns: ajummah, wife, husband, fauxcest, truck, model, snack, subtitles, bowl, episode, extension, shower scenes, bias, military, abs, etc.

Nouns describing a person: ajummah, wife, husband, oppa, noona, omma, appa, halmoni, harubji, second lead, main lead, serial killers, villains, gangsters, teacher, secretary, driver, cook, housekeeper, etc.

Verb: read, want, feel, see, need, experience, watch, face palm, learn, sing, dance, cry, laugh, sleep, snore, tickle, cook, etc.

Adjective: hungry, surprised, amazing, tragic, funny, confusing, passionate, sad, happy, pink, fluffy, etc.

Terms of endearment: Yeobo, Chagiya, Oppa, Dear, etc.

Name a Kdrama celebrity who is not part of this cast: Yoo Seung-ho, Suzy, Park Shin-hye, Ji Sung, etc.

Tag on a reaction phrase for extra laughs! (optional):

Got a great reaction phrase to watching your favorite Kdrama? If the word list asks for a reaction phrase, feel free to write a full sentence or two. Will it match the text or will it not? Enjoy this mini-game of chance! :wink:

Examples:

"No, please don't do this to me!"

"Feeling so hungry. Should I also get a subway?"

"I am in love with Oppa."

"How can there not be a shower scene when Oppa is sad!?"

"Of course, the second lead loves her. That's his job!"

"I want to squeal over the kiss, but my mom is watching the drama with me."

(Feel free to pick from the above examples or come up with your own words!)

Example of a filled in list:

Spoiler

Noun: subtitles
Verb: face palm
Noun (describing a person): secretary
Noun: extension
Noun: husband
Verb: dance
Adjective: passionate
Name a Kdrama celebrity who is not part of this cast: Jang Na-ra
Verb: sing

Reaction phrase (optional): "Feeling so hungry. Should I also get a subway?"

Credit goes to Lmangla for coming up with so many examples and the reaction phrase idea and to the original Mad Libs for inspiring this game.

This week's word lists!

Feel free to fill out both lists or to only pick one.:wink: Joint submissions are accepted if you would like to fill a list out together with another user.:) If you are struggling to find words or unconfident in your language skills, using a random word generator is accepted, too, such as this one https://wordcounter.net/random-word-generator. The point is, have fun while playing the games! :grin:

Word List 1
Noun1:
Noun2:
Noun3:
Noun4:
Noun5:
Verb1:
Verb2:
Noun6:
Adjective1:
Verb3:
Verb4:
Noun7:
Adjective2:
Adjective3:
Verb5:
Noun8:
Noun9:
Verb6:
Reaction phrase (optional):

Word List 2

Noun1:
Noun2:
Noun3:
Noun4:
Verb1:
Noun5:
Verb2:
Noun6:
Noun7:
Noun8:
Noun9:
Noun10:
Noun11:
Verb3:
Verb4:

PM your filled out word list to @Zelda with a capital "Z". (Please note: @zelda with a lowercase "z" is a different user.) Submissions are accepted until Tuesday at 22hrs/10pm KST.

Missed last weekend's game and want to know how it ended? The previous rounds' results can be read here: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3

Tagging: @stargazer187 @rocat @chunkyung_8690 @Anybody else who wants to join in on the fun! @Lmangla

• Like 3

8 Ways “Hwayugi” Episodes 17 And 18 Played With Our Emotions

Cha-Seung-Won-Lee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo-e
As the finale of “Hwayugi” draws near, conflicts and crises are at an all time high. Characters are interconnected in so many ways that every new revelation, breakthrough, or happy moment also brings about new worries and fears. All these mixed feelings make us feel like we’re wearing Geumganggos of our own!

1. Sun Mi’s fate… as dishware

We were happy to see Sun Mi (Oh Yeon Seo) being more proactive this week, deciding not only to embrace her fate but also to actively pursue it and learn about what she must do.

2. Secretary Ma’s fake-out

“Hwayugi” gave us emotional whiplash in Episode 17 when it seemed like Ma Wang (Cha Seung Won) had accidentally killed Secretary Ma (Lee El) when she jumped in front of elder Soo Bo Ri (Sung Ji Roo) as Ma Wang tried to kill him. Our hearts were temporarily broken…

3. The saga of Ma Wang’s son

Now that we know Ma Wang’s son is alive, we think we have an idea who he might be. And their interaction this week was sweet in a subtle way that warmed our hearts…

More https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/02/8-ways-hwayugi-episodes-17-18-played-our-emotions/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, haneybee87@gmail.com said:

Clarification about the picture just now:

It's like bringing  fans hearts  to a sky heaven then  plunging  them :D

i mean OYS is the endorser for Minigold so their wedding ring will be that GGG model one not Cartier (although Cartier would match this expensive couple better:tongue:)

• LOL 3

14 minutes ago, haymochi said:

It's like bringing  fans hearts  to a sky heaven then  plunging  them :D

i mean OYS is the endorser for Minigold so their wedding ring will be that GGG model one not Cartier (although Cartier would match this expensive couple better:tongue:)

Thats true! Everyone is hoping for a happy ending for SOG & JSM.. don’t know what to expect in this final two episodes actually.. From the stills that were released and weibo update from OYS, the little SunMi is also there for filming...

• Like 1

Peddler Grandma: You only need to empty yourself of what's precious to you.

JSM: Something precious to me?

PG: It's not something any human could do. Because you are Sam Jang, you should be able to.

Precious. Love, obviously, like JSM thought but also, IMO, she is talking about the will to live for that love. From the beginning we saw how strong JSM's will to live was. She wanted to survive even thought she was scorned and ostracized by the world. Some people would have given up and committed suicide but she held on and stubbornly refused to give up on her life. She lived for herself. But now she will give up that will to save SOG and the world.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kdramafangirl29 said:

Hi guys! Do you know a working livestream link later? :) Thank you!!!

Not sure if this is okay to post, but I stream it here: 

Edited by stroppyse
Unlicensed viewing sites are not allowed to be posted here.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, haneybee87@gmail.com said:

Thats true! Everyone is hoping for a happy ending for SOG & JSM.. don’t know what to expect in this final two episodes actually.. From the stills that were released and weibo update from OYS, the little SunMi is also there for filming...

I think OYS took that pic when she was filming ep 10 . Their outfits are exactly the same

As for happy ending. It has to be if not the whole drama will be ruined leaving a bitter taste to the loyal viewers. 

• Like 6