[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

19 minutes ago, oic said:

Yes a season 2 would be awwwweeeeeeeeeesoomeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is it me or does OYS literally doesn't smile much in BTS stills/videos with LSG ? That's so sad. I wonder why is she so reserved. I think that's why there's so few BTS of them together; cos there's not much interactions to show for :(

We don't have proof that they don't get along from the little material we got and I think most the BTS of them is rehearsing or filming, when they're supposed to be serious. Reminder that they have to shoot 2 hour episodes every week, so little sleep, you dont feel like laughing all the time. LSG did say OYS is the coolest actress he's worked with when they started filming tho

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, akoomy said:

We don't have proof that they don't get along from the little material we got and I think most the BTS of them is rehearsing or filming, when they're supposed to be serious. Reminder that they have to shoot 2 hour episodes every week, so little sleep, you dont feel like laughing all the time. LSG did say OYS is the coolest actress he's worked with when they started filming tho

I would bet some of it is self-preservation too. People may complain she seems too reserved but I bet the Antis would come out in droves if she acted to chummy with their oppa who just got out of military service...

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, akoomy said:

in the 2 secs of BTS there is of them, it also tends to cut away from them soon as they’ve both finished the scene and so it looks like they don’t interact at all. I’m sure they get along just fine in real life. No one is really sure why they have limited their BTS so much. It’s likely that maybe it is to prevent rumours between LSG and OYS but that doesn’t really make sense because BTS between OYS and other costars are also lacking. If you look back in some of the BTS videos, you do see the pair being playful with one another.

I think we’ll just have to see if they release anything after the grande finale of this drama :D

• Like 5

Waiting restlessly for ep19. Watched some of the clips from hwayugi’s press conference and seriously in awe with how all the cast look so good together.

It’s really a dream team. While i think park bo gum is a handsome and good actor, i can’t envision SOG being acted by anyone else other than Lee Seung Gi.

neither can I imagine anyone else being SJ other than oh yeon seo. She’s so effortlessly beautiful. That mature vibe she gives off is perfect for the role. Glad the production team matched our immortal monkey with an independent female CEO. 

Also, i wished they showed us the scene of how OG n SM moved on from making out in the livjng room to the bedroom. The rooms look really far apart ehehehe

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

Waiting restlessly for ep19. Watched some of the clips from hwayugi’s press conference and seriously in awe with how all the cast look so good together.

It’s really a dream team. While i think park bo gum is a handsome and good actor, i can’t envision SOG being acted by anyone else other than Lee Seung Gi.

neither can I imagine anyone else being SJ other than oh yeon seo. She’s so effortlessly beautiful. That mature vibe she gives off is perfect for the role. Glad the production team matched our immortal monkey with an independent female CEO. 

Also, i wished they showed us the scene of how OG n SM moved on from making out in the livjng room to the bedroom. The rooms look really far apart ehehehe

Allow me to help out. While kissing, he removed her coat, then he picked her up in his arms and walked to the bedroom(all the while kissing). Then he placed her on the bed and climbed in himself. After that more kissing. :ph34r:

Basically we were cheated from seeing the whole thing...just saying. :tongue::lol:

1 hour ago, oic said:

Is it me or does OYS literally doesn't smile much in BTS stills/videos with LSG ? That's so sad. I wonder why is she so reserved. I think that's why there's so few BTS of them together; cos there's not much interactions to show for :(

Either, LSG and OYS really dislike each other or it's the opposite and the company/channel is respecting them since both of them were burned by a public scandal. Although, if its the former than the actors avoid too much of kissing or any intimate scenes(like the actors in Black Knight, [just my feeling and opinion]) so I doubt its that.

Basically she had a very bad scandal where the guy she was "dating" threw her to the wolves(media and knetz) and LSG had a very public relationship with Yoona and when they broke up, the knetz were not very kind or supportive. Hence they are both wary.

Anyway, we can't really know and all we can do is speculate.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

8 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Allow me to help out. While kissing, he removed her coat, then he picked her up in his arms and walked to the bedroom(all the while kissing). Then he placed her on the bed and climbed in himself. After that more kissing. :ph34r:

Basically we were cheated from seeing the whole thing...just saying. :tongue::lol:

Or he just wooshed them while kissing - *poof!* :lol:

• LOL 9

28 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Either, LSG and OYS really dislike each other or it's the opposite and the company/channel is respecting them since both of them were burned by a public scandal. Although, if its the former than the actors avoid too much of kissing or any intimate scenes(like the actors in Black Knight, [just my feeling and opinion]) so I doubt its that.

Basically she had a very bad scandal where the guy she was "dating" threw her to the wolves(media and knetz) and LSG had a very public relationship with Yoona and when they broke up, the knetz were not very kind or supportive. Hence they are both wary.

Anyway, we can't really know and all we can do is speculate.

Who ?

Yes,, I agree with you. Until now OYS has received so many hateful comments especially for that rehearsal kiss on ep 18 BTS. I saw lots of comments on YT judging how cold she was to LSG.. and how sad LSG  felt to have a co-star like her.

Everyone on social media would only blame her and never on LSG's side. 

And the funny thing was how people can judge that they were not getting along well based on 2-3-10 secs bts video, which I suspect have been cut prior uploaded in the social media to protect both parties. 

9 minutes ago, haymochi said:

As a fan i also prefer her to stay low key with her relationship until he is really the one she is going to get married to. 

If something really happened between these two, I would prefer your idea too. 

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

Yes,, I agree with you. Until now OYS has received so many hateful comments especially for that rehearsal kiss on ep 18 BTS. I saw lots of comments on YT judging how cold she was to LSG.. and how sad LSG  felt to have a co-star like her.

Everyone on social media would only blame her and never on LSG's side. 

And the funny thing was how people can judge that they were not getting along well based on 2-3-10 secs bts video, which I suspect have been cut prior uploaded in the social media to protect both parties. 

If something really happened between these two, I would prefer your idea too. 

I'm used to it tsk tsk tsk. Everything is always her fault...

I remember during Jang Bori days since she is a big fan of Mickey Mouse, she uploads lots of Mickey mouse toys, etc but haters wrote "she is a bad person for  showing off stuffs". For godsake, it's only plush toys ??!! 

I'm happy enough that now i don't see people mentioning Leejoon in every arcticle of hers.  

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, haymochi said:

If you watched their teaser making, press con, bts of ep 3 and 5 .. they get along just fine. 

It's just  I just realized that they cut OYS bts a lot. During the ep 7 kissing scene, they were laughing when they were about to kiss  because of  Cha Seung Won's ad libs then OYS just disappear just like fhat.

the bts for ep 15 is also the same. When the director teased " it doesn't feel like OG?", LSG joked pretending to be ready to catch her, you can actually see her laughing but then they cut her again.

If not for people complaining of her bts, i doubt they would ever show her bts or interview at all.  It's obvious that the casts get along more than fine

I don't care about celebs personal relationships but i've been a long fan of OYS,  she suffered a lot because of that one particular scandal. She even said that she didn't want to do any variety shows for a few years, disappeared from her fancafe (she was very active in interacting with her fans), lost lost of weight till you can see her collarbone sticking out.. that time her fans  worked so hard by continously writing supporting messages. 

Only until the success of Jang Bori, she starts being active again.

I can imagine the hates and backlashes she will get if she gets into any dating scandal again esp if it involved the nation golden boy who dated  the nation lovely girl lol.

As a fan i also prefer her to stay low key with her relationship unless he is really the one she is going to get married to. 

As you mentioned the scandal had really affected her so probably she requested the staff to cut her out of bts. I have watched Jang bori drama only so I don’t know in other dramas of her they showed bts of her or not. 

I knew about the we got married scandal but I didn’t know that her boyfriend at the time was that’s of a coward. I can imagine the pain she went through, it’s really hard. I hope she find someone who really loves her. She is an amazing actress. Her performance in Jang bori was amazing. The first and only family drama that I followed every week. 

Back to to our drama I have a question actually... why at some point the GGG became black whenever SJ called SOG name. I really didn’t get the reasoning behind it other than the writer wanted to mislead us that SJ gonna kill SOG. And now that we know it’s the other way, GGG is not turning black anymore...

another comment on GGG power that was discussed before and caused some debate here... if you carefully watch the drama you will notice GGG only controls his heart as literally is connected to SOG heart but not his brain and reasoning. He told SJ once that she not gonna be killed until after SOG dies because if so his heart gonna be shredded. I am amused why even SOG doubted his love for SJ. Until he burned the seasonings hehe he was like a bipolar his heart and mind were fighting with each other but after that he showed multiple times that he cared for SJ beyond GGG power. Like why he would care who is the owner of GGG, even when the owner of GGG changed he wanted SM and only SM as the owner as if his mind was declaring who he wants as the true owner of his heart. 

Impatiently waiting for ep 19 and babbling here :)

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

I am not a big fan of OYS and I have not been satisfied with her acting in this show (I have already said so here and I can explain why further, but that is not the point here [please don't attack me; we all have our own opinions on the matter]) but I find those comments to be really unfair to her. She is being professionnal, doing her job and rehearsing like she ought to do. Who cares if she is cold or not, as long as she prepares for such an important scene?

I also think the fact that she is a woman does influence the type of comments that she receives. If a man would show the same actions, he would be hard-working and professionnal but if a woman does that, she is cold? I don't get it.

In any case, I now wish we'd see her more on BTS to show that she is as much a part of the team as other actors. My understanding was that the BTS were mainly comical and played on the chemistry between OG and MW; that is all good. It's their decision to do so. But why should such an approach have a negative impact of the lead actress?! I don't get it.

• Like 8

@ParvinStar I think the GGG becomes  black  when SOG ‘fights’ ’ the orders of JSM. She said, ‘stop!’ when he’s about to kill the two thugs, and when she’s at the dream state/burial room.  And he kind of ignored her orders hence the pain in the heart. 

I think everyone is well casted on this show. I have no complaints. :wub: 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

I am not a big fan of OYS and I have not been satisfied with her acting in this show (I have already said so here and I can explain why further, but that is not the point here [please don't attack me; we all have our own opinions on the matter]) but I find those comments to be really unfair to her. She is being professionnal, doing her job and rehearsing like she ought to do. Who cares if she is cold or not, as long as she prepares for such an important scene?

I also think the fact that she is a woman does influence the type of comments that she receives. If a man would show the same actions, he would be hard-working and professionnal but if a woman does that, she is cold? I don't get it.

In any case, I now wish we'd see her more on BTS to show that she is as much a part of the team as other actors. My understanding was that the BTS were mainly comical and played on the chemistry between OG and MW; that is all good. It's their decision to do so. But why should such an approach have a negative impact of the lead actress?! I don't get it.

she is quite serious in jang bori bts too .. i notice her becoming more cheeful and open again after the love she receives in SOGC. After that drama, she even held a fan meet

i won't take bts scene so deeply. I was quitr weirded out that she was cut out before but after seeing the baby comforting and the one with LeeEl bts, i'm so happy  and relieved already :)

she has never act girly in her bts anyway. Every co stars treat her like a bro. Jang hyuk, Rain, and Joowon are already in relationships  so she must have not care lol but with the most loved golden boy  and the fans shipping must have scared her. It's the first time i read knetz comments asking her to marry Seunggi.  Quite surprised cos knetz are more lowkey in shipping couples..

about the GGG, this GGG tied around his heart so it's more serious than just giving pain to his head? 

• Like 15

Reading all your comments about the hate comments to OYS to she and LSG don't get along, makes me really sad :bawling:. But then, we can't judge whether they are close or not just from the bts that showed them working hard to commit to their characters and it was only just a couple seconds.

From the press conference video and viki interview, I think they get along just fine. They are in the same age anyway so maybe that wil make them feel more comfortable. I don't believe a co-star especially co-star who playing as a lead couple will have that explosive chemistry if they don't get along. :)

So be positive everyone and let's just hope for the success of the drama and all the casts and crews. And hope they all can wrap up the drama well and safely. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Reading all your comments about the hate comments to OYS to she and LSG don't get along, makes me really sad :bawling:. But then, we can't judge whether they are close or not just from the bts that showed them working hard to commit to their characters and it was only just a couple seconds.

From the press conference video and viki interview, I think they get along just fine. They are in the same age anyway so maybe that wil make them feel more comfortable. I don't believe a co-star especially co-star who playing as a lead couple will have that explosive chemistry if they don't get along. :)

So be positive everyone and let's just hope for the success of the drama and all the casts and crews. And hope they all can wrap up the drama well and safely. 

Sometimes. Inetz take this shipping thing to another level lol.

knetz love thic couple . They 

have been saying that they match each other really well and singing praises how good their chemistry is.

they are also still complaining about the bts  for this couple but none of them blame the actor/ actress or even saying they don't get along cos they know that tvn always give a clickbait title with the actual otp bts only  for 5-10 seconds at most and not the actual  filming  scene. 

To show an interesting bts, they should have shown funnt  NG but they have been so consistently bad. Whats with the abrupt scene of suddenly showing the crew watching olympics when none of the casts aren't there ..

Speaking logically, from their past  interactions,   their personality,  and explosive chemistry.. does it even make sense that they don't get  along?:D

If they really  don't get along, they would have acted like they are for the sake of the drama lol.  In conclusion the bts  team need to do a better job.

Have been loving the acting from this drama. They are all really good in showing deep emotional and comical acting. 

This is one of the most affectionate OYS's drama role for me. Sunmi is not full of aegyo , sometimes gloomy and expressionless but her eyes expressed ao much emotion: her hopefulness, her love for OG, her sadness and loneliness, 

At first, I thought  it was just because she has a big eyes that she can easily convey those emotions but when i see her act as ASN. Those eyes and smile turn into a psycho real quick

this is what knetz have been saying on Naver   too "i feel like watching a totally different drama after seeing her changed back from ASN to samjang. Her voice and expressionless  are like totally two different person"

sorry for the long post lol.. i can always write an essay if involves my gave actress hahahahahaha

• Like 17

OYS did a great job and its true that the BTS they showed was a mess, it's all over the place and they literally showed the same exact scenes from the drama.On a side note, I can't wait for the episode tomorrow! kinda nervous, I think i'm going to have a major withdrawal syndrome on sunday, truly the worst day of the week.

• Like 6