[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

3 hours ago, candiilicious said:

Anyway i have never heard of lotus flower scent perfume. Hahaha my interest was piqued when you mentioned that!

Went to google search and there were quite a few brands with lotus scent perfume.

Perhaps gonna see if my country did carry this > Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Lotus :tongue: 

:lol::lol: i believe we all have this *hwayugi disease* as well. hehehe

You guys, I am totally crazy about perfumes! Never knew there's a lotus scent. I'm gonna buy one. The Kenzo perfume sounds great. 

On another note, I truly appreciate your thoughts on SM-OG relationship @stroppyse. It's true that SOG treats her so preciously, and comparing that to how she's been treated by others so far, I just can't help but ship them together even more. This one guy who was initially so selfish and see humans as nothing, now is willing to do anything to save the only girl he ever loves, and a human girl at that. 

@haymochi, you know what, yep MW does reminds me of a jealous love-and-hate type relationship. But it's also true that immortals bond for eternity, and I'm glad that they keep the MW-OG bromance dynamics until the end. Because honestly there was a time I was convinced that the end will be an epic fight to the death between those two. But now, I'm convinced that MW will help OG, or rather do anything to keep him alive. 

@YourHighness ., love your perspective on the change of SOG's feelings to SM in the movie world. I do agree that that's when his heart starts to change from interested to love. The Monkey King is smart and apt to take advantage of all chances. We see him always a step ahead. Now if he is solely thinking by his head, he would have just let her die in the movie world. Why waste energy to destroy an entire world to save one human? That means his heart is now winning the inner fight, and he's now thinking not for himself but for SM.

Oh well, basically I loved all your discussions chinggus. Sorry I missed a lot of people's comments. Past few days I've only been lurking because had been very busy. And I skipped most of the trolling few pages back - really don't like tense situations haha. 

Can't wait for tomorrow! 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

Summer Fairy was OG’s first love/crush right? Even when she had to share a body with frosty, OG frequently visited her at her bar.. 

They would actually make a really cute couple as well haha. Summer fairy is pretty, gentle and kind.. kinda similar to SM:blush:

I don't think OG ever fall for Summer Fairy, maybe he was amazed by Summer Fairy beauty back then because she is the most beautiful in the heaven realm in the past

• Like 8

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Playing devil's advocate, the writers could have put all those things in about OG planning to do things after the GGG was off as a feint. It would hit that much harder to lose OG who is so full of life and had so many plans, if they were going to do a maximum impact tragic ending. Actually, I don't believe that OG is going to die either, but I didn't really see all those as clues to his survival. I mostly just want it very badly that OG and SM not die, but have OG Jr. instead. :D  Plus, looking at the Hong Sisters' track record, I don't think they've written a sad/tragic ending before. Though, perhaps someone who is a bigger fan of their work could confirm that? I just hope that they don't decide to start writing a sad/tragic ending with this drama.

In terms of OG developing feelings for SM when SM protected OG by preventing him from going into the film world with her, since the last time they jumped into an alternate world MW burned the entryway down , could be the moment when romantic feelings for SM started, as you've said. I think he was surprised and touched as well as amused both by SM's protection of him, but also how she calls him "my OG" in that scene as she's talking to MW. :) And, you're right, shortly after that, OG is having to find reasons why he really can't free himself from SM with Frosty's help because he has to watch My Golden Life at its broadcast time, and other random reasons why not that night. :lol:

So, I'm just going to ignore the sad predictions, and think about the morning after. That shirt does look big on SM, but it could be OG's shirt. He's actually worn a variety of different styles of shirts in this drama, and not all of them were fitted styling. Plus, SM is very slender anyway.

I'm happy that we're going to get a morning after scene since that was unexpected. However, it still makes me a bit nervous that the episode is going to start happy, then build anxiety and tension until a massive cliffhanger which will keep all of us viewers on edge until Sunday's episode which will hopefully have the introduction of OG Jr. as it's finale. Anyway, I'm expecting to have a tense Saturday night. :)

It was not just the clues I weighed in to reach the conclusion. Logically it made no sense to me that they would kill a powerful Deity for a mere human. These are the endings I thought we will be given.

1. SOG dies but he is made a human and lives normally with JSM..but this scenario felt a little insulting to me. A deity, powerless and demoted to a mere human after sacrificing his life to save the world? Nah-Uh.

2. JSM dies and SOG waits for years for her reincarnation...my gripe with these ending with immortals as the other half is that time and again they will have to suffer through watching the love of their lives grow old, get sick and die. Nah-Uh again.

3. JSM and SOG both become deities. It was a given that JSM was meant to die. That was her role in the whole story. She had to sacrifice to save the world. If not for that part, what would she be? A love interest and a bait? Why was she given such a strong siren blood if not to call the evil demons to her? That was how the hell's door was supposed to close. Of course she was supposed to die. Was SOG supposed to do everything from protecting her, to pouring his love, to sacrifice? No. By giving her such a powerful sacrifice, she becomes crucial to the story and the saving of the world.  Her sacrifice makes her worthy of deity hood. Not to mention what would JSM's role have been after SOG's death? She had already lost everyone close to her. Would she have survived loosing another loved one? No. Besides SOG dying would have meant JSM being even a bigger target for evil without any protection.

There are more but I won't bore you guys.

Oh I have watched almost all of the Hong sister's shows and I can confirm they have always given a happy ever after. Even in Hong Gil-Dong, which I didn't watch, I think there was a reincarnation happy end.

I have this new scenario where we will get a quick HEA. JSM will die but instead of a year, she will come back as a deity in a few days or weeks. The Gods wants to see SOG suffer true pain but I don't think they are sadistic enough to make him suffer for years and centuries. It shouldn't take the Gods too long to decide that JSM deserves the title too. LHJ will be told that she has gone traveling with SOG since he will be in no mood to socialize. This way her family won't try to take advantage of JSM's properties. When she comes back, SOG will hold a wedding for them, maybe a huge public one and her leech family will not be invited..hey a girl can dream. They will have SOG Jr and together they will attend Jonathan's movie premiere.

BTW you are right, it can be SOG's shirt. And looks like there will definitely be a morning after with naughty SOG in a black robe, maybe teasing JSM. Same bed frame:

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db%26no=24b0d

DXSXZagXUAEe27j.jpg

Also the ruffled bedspread is giving me life! :lol:

@missirina Also, all of SOG's problems would have been solved if he had let JSM die in the movie and remain there. The GGG would have been useless. He wouldn't have been "in love" with a mere human. He wouldn't have had to protect anyone. And the most important point, the contract between JSM and MW to collect points would have become null and void. All of this if he had just let JSM stay dead in the movie. By bringing her out and saving her life, he himself willingly chose to be in love with her.

• Like 17
  • LOL 1

15 hours ago, haymochi said:

Really!!! I love those stills

It's  the first time i see Sunmi laughs like that. 

and of course OG eyes are fixated on his sunmi :wub::wub:

but you cheapskate , you are not letting her wear your Versace blouse? :tongue: *kidding*

i can have another 100 eps of this two just being lovey dovey to each other . This withdrawal symptom is driving me crazy

the abs scene is from ep 1 of seungi's variety show 

• Like 5

If I were to name episodes of Hwayugi....

Saw a post on Tumblr by belladonna2018 and got inspired to make my own version of episode titles of Hwayugi...

Episode titles

1)the monk, the monkey and the bull

2) a trip to the general store

3)the cons of being in an unrequited love

4) how to catch a glutton

5)for you I'd destroy worlds

6) to escape another marble mountain

7)the mystery of the library mermaid

8) jealousy may not be the best policy

9)the bookseller who stole kids

10)goodbye, samjang

11)the Devine tree of the sleeping demon

12) the rose pristess of doom

13) the proposal of the great sage

14)the blind bull

15) the lost bride 

16) the monk's guardian

17) the bull king's son

18) the secret of opening the gumgango

19) the great sage versus the black dragon

20) a heavenly wedding...

The last two episodes I named based on how I want Hwayugi to end....

• Like 9
  • LOL 6

I finally finished the MV for this song :wub:

I've been so busy the whole week but I'm glad I managed to finish this now since I have other MVs left to make. I'm hoping to finish at least two more this weekend.

MV making is how I'm gonna deal with the withdrawal... I still don't know how I'll live on the weekends without Hwayugi. AT LEAST PLEASE HAVE A HAPPY ENDING AND DON'T RUIN MY LIFE? My mental state is depending so much on this drama it's unhealthy...

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

On 1.3.2018 at 3:38 PM, stargazer187 said:

@YourHighness . 

My happy thoughts, if SM needs a place to live with SOG it should be Anju-nara (Anju land) built in sureumdong. Or maybe they can fly to Japan for fun couple holiday! OG promises her to go there together. 

I like the idea that SM married to mansour SOG. I can't imagine how HJ will react this time if his boss will finally marry him and live in his luxirious penthouse, that would be epic! Hahaha

Well how about this, both become deities, but they still live on human world. Just like what the gang do for all this time. Move to other secluded country, to a warm country and open a bed and breakfast restaurant, a hotel business. MW and the rest are following too. Hahaha... then the writers can consider for season 2 start from there. Hahaha

Okay.. I'm thinking too much... yeah.. let's vent out our depression for a while. 

Yes a season 2 would be awwwweeeeeeeeeesoomeeeeeeeeeeeee

18 hours ago, briseis said:

We are really gettting the morning-after scene! SM is wearing OG's shirt and trousers :wub:

Hide contents

source: osen

Is it me or does OYS literally doesn't smile much in BTS stills/videos with LSG ? That's so sad. I wonder why is she so reserved. I think that's why there's so few BTS of them together; cos there's not much interactions to show for :(

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)