[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Really!!! I love those stills

It's  the first time i see Sunmi laughs like that. 

and of course OG eyes are fixated on his sunmi :wub::wub:

but you cheapskate , you are not letting her wear your Versace blouse? :tongue: *kidding*

i can have another 100 eps of this two just being lovey dovey to each other . This withdrawal symptom is driving me crazy

• Like 17

Rewatching Hwayugi is really a treat since you notice little easter eggs and elements of foreshadowing which the writers have subtly inserted in every dialogue.

My takeaway from this drama is that the writers love irony. The fact that OG -SM's biggest predator- becomes her biggest protector itself is ironical. Or how the person who was the most cursed from the world becomes the biggest source of hope for the same world (meaning Samjang). They also like ambiguity (as seen by Kang DaeSung and the mirrors that are placed in countless shots). For instance they're trying really hard to keep it ambigious who will die at the end with OG having a softer heart and SM's calling as  Samjang.

But I think after the dialogue in episode 4, I can see how the ending will be. Why? Because as I said : the writers like irony.

-> This was OG's dialogue with SM at the end of episode 4 (recalling it roughly) : "Until this love disappears (with the GGG that will be taken off) and I leave you to be alone, I will pour this (love) on you like crazy."

Now let's recall the dialogue from last week, in which SM said that she will pour it all on him.

It won't be SM who will be left alone but SOG and he will have to bear being without her. The moment his drinking ban is lifted, he will drink out of sorrow as many of you speculated.

Until she returns as a deity that is. SM is way too pure not to become one and I don't think that the gods are as ruthless and selfish. Until now, we only had the demons POV, which was biased in my opinion.

So eventhough "what happens will happen" and SM won't be able to escape her fate as SJ, they will still have a wedding. Mawang will play the piano, Pal Gye will sing, OJ will be responsible for the food service and Secretary Ma will choose the dress maybe? :D There also have been many hints for a happy ending

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

So so happy that we get a morning after scene. And I've always loved it when SM does aegyo in front of OG. And she's smiling so happily. So cute! Thanks for the stills. These really made my day. I was so anxious about the preview and even more so when OG's bloody stills were out. One more day guys! What are we going to do after this drama ends?! :bawling:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Now that we've seen the morning after pics, I can't help but be greedy for a little bit of a bed scene continuation crazy-monkey-emoticon-060.gif?1292792394 This spoiler basically screams they're trying to lull us into a false sense of security before ripping our hearts out by the end of the episode crazy-monkey-emoticon-029.gif?1292792386

• Like 9

@aunniek : That translation *seems* more correct. I was afraid to correct the translations before since my Korean isn't that proficient, but to me it sounds more like : Naega andago (I said I know it) instead of Naega handago (I said I will do it) 

EDIT : Or I could be wrong

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aunniek said:

So this translation is slightly different.  At the end he says "I said I know!" instead of "I said I will do it!"  Thoughts..............

OG clearly said, "내가 한다구!" ("Naega Handagu!" which is I said I will do it!) not "내가 안다구!"("Naega Andagu!" which is I said I know!). Also, in the context, the latter doesn't make sense. :(:)

And, If OG  had wanted to say "I said I know it!", he would have said "안다구, 알아!"("Andagu, Ara!) or "안다고 했잖아!"("Andago hatjana!") instead. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I usually find that the text preview is less misleading. Feels like ep 19 will end with OG arriving just in time to the scene.

from the previous episodes, they’ve been saying that SJ is a special human being who is pure, and will have to “empty” herself to act as a vessel to contain the demon. By containing the demon, it will not be able to unleash its evil acts on the world? And then OG’s role as the protector, will have to use the divine sword and stab SJ so SJ will perish together with the demon?

i wonder if the dragon will enter SJ the moment it awakens. 

possible scenario #1:

Even after being possessed by the demon, SM will retain her consciousness and use her new powers to call forth the sword into her hands and stab herself. Dies and come back as a diety. 

scenario #2:

since SJ is someone pure, will she be able to “cleanse” the evil from within? Maybe after cleansing, she will ultimately use up all her powers and go back to being an ordinary human? But this means she will remain a mortal and die one day. 

Meh..

• Like 4

Are there two swords or is the sword going to change? (Or is it supposed to be the same sword; like the wineglass ASN held to her neck which was obviously two different glasses depending on if it was a close-up or further-back shot.)

EW0tmlg.jpg

IneQ5cP.jpg

O9RXVOP.jpg

• Like 5

Sunmi soul is too pure to be a human anyway and this lotuse flower must symbolize her as a goddess or something right?

I usually beg for another otp still cut tomorrow but for the sake of my sanity please just release Mawang/ Kang dae sung still cut. I  don't want to see still cuts of Sunmi pale face and throwing up blood

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Or

#4 ~ That is all happened in SM's vision. And they work to prevent that from happening. 

I just know if that happens, I'll be so sucked into the drama it will catch me unawares even though we know to be watching for it! :D

I just hope she isn't possessed by the black dragon and that's who Oh Gong has to fight! :unsure:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, immortal_piglet said:

I don’t know if i’m being overly emotional but listening to OST track #9 - Believe makes me feel so sad, like heart-wrenching sad :’(

i don’t want this drama to end! What am i going to do with my life.

It's okay. We still can watch Son Oh Gong on SBS every Sunday (without JSM :unsure:

They better deliver epic final fight with Michael Bay's CG Dragon, or else!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stargazer187 said:

Does the writer plan to do this, SM with her lotus scnet blood. She reminds me of goddess Guanyin, the goddess mercy and compassion, just like JSM I think. 

Hide contents

Is this another hint that SM will rise as goddess. :wink:

Actually, that's who I'm betting the peddler is.

• Like 3

The night vs the morning after.:love:DXPYf8nWsAEBHX2.jpg

bkX0MNoOezRf636555765460980253.jpg

https://twitter.com/_AuroraRain_/status/969356395186442242

:thumbsup:

tumblr_p4towiWeFE1wk3x03o1_1280.png

Lee Seung Gi And Oh Yeon Seo Get Adorably Domestic On Next Episode Of “Hwayugi”

With just two episodes to go, tvN’s “Hwayugi” has released adorable new stills from its upcoming episode!

The new photos from the drama appear to hint at domestic bliss, with Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seosharing a cup of tea and getting cozy on a living room sofa. Lee Seung Gi looks at Oh Yeon Seo attentively as she talks, and Oh Yeon Seo looks both giddy and pouty as she comfortably rests her head on Lee Seung Gi’s lap.

Spoiler

Lee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo-2.jpgOh-Yeon-Seo.jpgLee-Seung-Gi.jpgLee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo-3.jpgOh-Yeon-Seo-2.jpgLee-Seung-Gi-2.jpg

Spoiler

On the latest episode of “Hwayugi,” Jin Sun Mi (played by Oh Yeon Seo) chased after Son Oh Gong (played by Lee Seung Gi) to dramatically confess her love. The episode ended with a passionate kiss, leading viewers to wonder if the ill-fated couple was in for a happy ending after all.

To find out what lies in store for Jin Sun Mi and Son Oh Gong, don’t miss the second-to-last episode of “Hwayugi,” which airs on March 3 at 9 p.m. KST!

Soompi

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the post @ROJMR. The OTP is so adorable together, however we know that this is the happy calm before the storm. With cuteness like this, however, the black dragon had better be vanquished and the OTP back on a happy ending note, preferably with OG Jr. in tow in order to finish out this drama. I really don’t think I’ll be happy with anything less. :) 

5 hours ago, briseis said:

HD version of the morning-after stills

Hide contents

source: enews

Thank you for this awesome photo!!!

i can’t help smiling seeing this :):D

they look lovely :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pictures, thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

So this is me smiling like crazy while at work. I NEED EPISODE 19

I hope that Seon Mi becomes immortal or that the lotus scent of her blood when she met Oh Gong means that she is destined to be his bride meaning she's going to be immortal

• Like 7