[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

So many pages to back read. I am not watching the previous episodes yet not because of the subtitles issue, I do watch the raw episode though my Hangul mal is limited. Its just that I’m pretty sure I’ll be dealing great separation anxiety later, once the drama end. The chemistry between the OTP is undeniably overboard. Maybe the two leads are grown well in this field. For that reason: Salute! Salute! Salute! 

Is this scene is the closing scene? That kisses is :wub::heart:

I’m not expecting any bts between LSG and OYS, especially on this one. Many international fans awaits but its best not to release any. Fans will be gone crazy. :):D

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, candiilicious said:

I have not watch ep 17 & 18 with subs, but i agree that the plot is going in circles. They keep dragging on whether to remove the GGG or not for a few eps and the ASN part. I keep thinking why dont they just burn her? Lol. Its gets a bit draggy after ASN possess BJ.

IMO they should overcome this love barrier already and just fight together! and not thinking about sacrificing oneself so that the other live!!

The frustration of being too serious about a drama :lol:

aww to hell(literally xD) with the plot

if they'd just give me these kind of kisses for two episodes straight i'd be happy as a clam lol

"I keep thinking why dont they just burn her?"

because it fills up more airtime if they just sit around talking about burning her lol

46 minutes ago, haymochi said:

It's funny how in ep 18 OG is scared to tell Sunmi how much age different they have lmao :D

at least she's not a highschool girl.. thank heavens (lol) for small mercies

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

35 minutes ago, walkinsiesta said:

"I keep thinking why dont they just burn her?"

because it fills up more airtime if they just sit around talking about burning her lol

Meanwhile she saunters around enjoying the high life... dressed like a fashionista... sipping wine... making blood spatters and creating life-sucking zombies in her spare time.

There's definitely perks to delayed burning chatter.

:wink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

The OST during the kisses(I love that I have to write the plural form of the word) is so sad, so I've been muting it and watching. :tongue::lol: I would have loved it if they'd used the music they did when SOG kissed ASN in SM's body. It's beautiful, very beautiful. I hope they release that piece in the OST.

BTW guys, brace yourselves for more noble idiocy from our couple. SOG ofcourse wants to take on the black dragon himself and as per the text preview for last episode, JSM will distance herself from him. Or maybe not. Let's see if the preview will spill over to episode 19.

TEXT PREVIEW Episode 18
For SJ’s fate, which is to die saving the world, Seon-mi empties her love as if she is saying a final goodbye to OG. On the other hand, OG will fight against the black dragon, even though it will threaten his life, all to protect Seon-mi.

MW feels pity towards OG, so he tries on the old GGG and tries to figure out how to remove it. Meanwhile, OG wants to prove that his love is not because of the GGG, so he goes to the store and asks the store owner, she gives him a hint on how he should remove the GGG.

Didn't the video preview also have MW tell JSM about SOG wanting to sacrifice himself in her steed? So SOG's secret won't remain hidden for long. JSM will know and plan on checkmating him to the sacrifice. For that she will need the sword and SOG has barred everyone from going in there. The only way everyone will gain entry is if there is a wedding? *fingers crossed* If JSM becomes his wife, Sereumdong will accept her entry and departure without needing SOG's permission.

Or its also possible that we won't get the wedding before the sacrifice and JSM will pretend to shake hands with KDS when he kicks out the powerless ASN so she is at the site of the "fight".:( ASN did tell him what she needs to awaken the dragon, if he has JSM, he does not need ASN. But don't worry, the wedding may happen after JSM becomes a deity.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

Someone mentioned a while back that in the original JTTW either eating the flesh or having sex with the monk can make demons stronger. Now that OG has "eaten" JSM will he get stronger? crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

LOL!!! Totally agree with your insight! 

In the original novel it is also hinted many times by having intercourse withthe monk can unleash the demons super ability.. i mean i was so gross when watching the show when i was a kid.. 

but now..if hong sisters also adapts this kind of scenario I m all for it!!!! Mwahahahaha

saving the world literally means win win situation for the human, samjang, and OG (upps)

and plus they get a bonus which is a cute little monkey baby 

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

17 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

LOL!!! Totally agree with your insight! 

In the original novel it is also hinted many times by having intercourse withthe monk can unleash the demons super ability.. i mean i was so gross when watching the show when i was a kid.. 

but now..if hong sisters also adapts this kind of scenario I m all for it!!!! Mwahahahaha

saving the world literally means win win situation for the human, samjang, and OG (upps)

and plus they get a bonus which is a cute little monkey baby 

Oh please let this happen

At first she intended to emptied out her feelings but after staring at the sky sadly with the candy faing she seems to be determined . That scene of her saying i love you for somany times means she emptied out all her feelings to him last night .  

It would be so dumb to do another noble idiocy...

come on...

Rather than seperation i'm inclined to think they have let out all their feelings they supressed all these time  and want to be together no matter what

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

Someone mentioned a while back that in the original JTTW either eating the flesh or having sex with the monk can make demons stronger. Now that OG has "eaten" JSM will he get stronger? crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

Maybe the morning scene will be OG waking up and breaking glass or something realizing his power is now even stronger :tongue:

• LOL 11

35 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

If the Hong Sisters are going this route, I dont mind having the first 15 minutes of episode 19 starting off with this scene HAHAHHAAH plus babies would be inevitable.

No more deaths...just power upgrades.

• LOL 12

Lol yes i’m all for this twist if “eating” SJ equates to gaining power. 

I really wish the show will adopt a similar plot to the manga “black bird”. In the manga, “eating” the female lead will give the person a lot of energy. Eventually, she will give birth to the strongest demon of all time.

looking forward to see a powerful mini ver of OG who will be very protective of his own mother.. can also envision Sun Mi as a loving and doting mom, maybe to the point that OG will become jealous of his own kiddo :) 

Sigh, perfect ending. Please give our heroine a complete happy family! One can only hope right? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 19

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, I realize that I'm flooding the thread with translations, and I'm going to stop actually. However, one last translation of the conversations that OG has with the Granny who is clearly a goddess. In the episode, the conversation happens over two scenes, broken up by MW also realizing how to break the power of the geumganggo, but which I'm not including in this translation.

(OG goes to find the Granny at her store)

Granny: Great Sage, Equal to Heaven has come.
OG: You met Sam Jang, didn’t you? Why did you go looking for her?
Granny: Since she’s a very special and particular person.
OG: Why did you meet her to tell her to empty herself or whatever? What are you planning to fill it with after she’s emptied herself that you went talking to her like that?
Granny: Sam Jang is a bowl. A very special bowl to be filled with the world’s worst evil spirit.
OG: So. You have to fill the emptied bowl with an evil spirit, then broke it, in order for you to feel good?
Granny: It’s not that simple. At the very end, it’s a choice that Sam Jang has to make. That child is a special human being who is capable of making such a sacrifice.
OG: Please, just leave her alone to live. That sacrifice, I will make it.
Granny: The arrogant and temperamental Great Sage, Equal to Heaven has been made to choose to be a sacrifice.
OG: You’re the one who caused me to be put in the geumganggo. You. Who are you?
Granny: Son Oh Gong, you no longer need the restraints of the geumganggo. Then the geumganggo must have no power then.

OG: You’re saying that I can take the geumganggo off myself?
Granny: You no longer have any thoughts of harming the person who controls the geumganggo or of freeing yourself of it. Why would you need something to keep you restrained? You have freed yourself of the geumganggo’s control. So then, the fate of the death bell and the plans of the heavens could all flow differently as well.

Okay, so that conversation is definitely hope that our OTP can have a happy ending, right? :D

So if SJ can't empty herself can that evil fill her? What granny said remind me of the ending of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5). In the end of HP 5, Voldemort about to possess Harry but Harry good memories with his family and friends love keeps in his mind remind him of how great their love to him and that love gave him power so he said to Voldemort "you are the weak one, you'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you" so Harry wins over Voldemort. How if the great and pure love Sun Mi has can destroy that evil? The evil that built by human dark side destroy by human loves,. 

This just my theory. Hope Hong Sisters will give us the best ending

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, haymochi said:

It's funny how in ep 18 OG is scared to tell Sunmi how much age different they have lmao :D

I know, right? I was totally laughing during that scene. However, as @walkinsiesta said, at least SM is not a teenager or even a youngster just barely out of school.

1 hour ago, sadpluto said:

Ooh, I didn't know about that in the original JttW. I would like an adaptation of that for this drama, please. OG wakes up to find that he's an order of magnitude more powerful with new powers or something. So then, of course, OG and SM have to...um..."eat" as many times as they can before OG confronts the dragon so that he can be as powerful as possible. :D

17 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

looking forward to see a powerful mini ver of OG who will be very protective of his own mother.. can also envision Sun Mi as a loving and doting mom, maybe to the point that OG will become jealous of his own kiddo :) 

This would be such a fantastic way to end this drama, at least in terms of fan service.

I'm actually with @40somethingahjumma in that I can't take the doomsday scenario seriously. I really don't believe that either OG or SM will die.  Though if they give us a reincarnation ending, that would be a bad ending in my book as well. I'm still firmly holding onto the idea that SM will become an immortal, if not a deity, and that she and OG will have a happy life together, despite having to rein in her mischievous Monkey King from time to time, and OG will be a doting father to his surprise to his own children. :) I'm going to keep thinking "together, together, together, together, ..." at least until the next preview is out since I want OG and SM to truly team up to fight the black dragon and SM's fate.

1 hour ago, hikaru_dawn said:

No more deaths...just power upgrades.

Btw, you totally sound like a gamer here. :)  Play any RPGs?

Now, I think I may have to go watch the ending of episode 18 again, and this time maybe not feel as if I have to peek through my fingers. :lol:

36 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

I really wish the show will adopt a similar plot to the manga “black bird”. In the manga, “eating” the female lead will give the person a lot of energy. Eventually, she will give birth to the strongest demon of all time.

Sigh, perfect ending. Please give our heroine a complete happy family! One can only hope right? 

Please send your idea to Hong Sisters please please please

Sunmi deserve a  loving family of her own

she has been so lonely all her life.. she deserves to receive all the love in this world 

24 minutes ago, dvrels said:

So if SJ can't empty herself can that evil fill her? What granny said remind me of the ending of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5). In the end of HP 5, Voldemort about to possess Harry but Harry good memories with his family and friends love keeps in his mind remind him of how great their love to him and that love gave him power so he said to Voldemort "you are the weak one, you'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you" so Harry wins over Voldemort. How if the great and pure love Sun Mi has can destroy that evil? The evil that built by human dark side destroy by human loves,. 

This just my theory. Hope Hong Sisters will give us the best ending

I hope this is true!! When this dragon is about to enter her body, she will remember all the memories she had with OG. True love and pure heart triumph all!!

even the heaven won't be able to beat their love!!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

I'm all for this! :D like I said a while back, I hope when the final battle comes, Seon Mi is pregnant by then and their child will be her shield against the dragon

That would be cool. Imagine PK, MW, SM, OJ and WG's faces when they find out. Especially OG HAHHAHHAHA

• Like 6
  • LOL 5