Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

I made another MV :grimace:

I can't seem to stop making MVs for them just like I can't stop this obsession with Hwayugi. I hope you guys like it :heart:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, haymochi said:

it's intresting that these 2 never talk about their status as an immortal and mortal anymore cos at first it was very apparent when OG said that he is relieved that there will be an end to this GGG cos she is a human and gonna die. I don't think he can live without her now.. this is the first time seeing the Great Sage being so scared

Imagine Oh Gong chasing away the grim reaper each time he comes for her. 

anyway I don’t get how being Sam Jang is a punishment. It’s not like anyone can be Sam Jang right? Imagine a bad guy who becomes Sam Jang. It doesn’t make sense. He or she would have used her or his power to make use of the demons to work for her to take over the world. Like “I’ll give you two drops of blood if you help me rob a bank?!”

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Hahahahaha... yes i think Sunmi's blood is powerful. It would be bad if it belongs to someone's bad.

I think being f a samjang is Sunmi's fate cos her heart is just so beautiful and selfless.

But i still think her life is so unlucky for being the chosen one. 

Esp if she has to be a sacrifice in the end

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

24 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

New stills

I wonder if SOG beats GF after this :D BETRAYAL

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

I'm currently living on the opposite end of the world from where I used to, and I don't know which is tougher, having to work through the day until the episode airs in the evening, or having to sleep until the episode airs in the morning.:sweat_smile:

So, some sleepless mind wanderings:

• I still want to know how Ma Wang learned that the GGG was activated with a kiss. We were given to believe that Secretary Ma found out by asking the Summer Fairy. But at that time the Winter General was staying awake to keep the little girl ghost company. 
    Hmm, maybe Secretary Ma asked via the Winter General talking with his sister through a mirror like in episode 14?
  • I like the Summer Fairy being friendly with Sun Mi, but I'm still unclear on some of her motives. Why did she discourage Sun Mi from believing Oh Gong when the Winter General froze the GGG? She told Sun Mi that it was impossible for the effects of the bracelet to be frozen, because she would immediately counteract her brother's powers. However, Soo Bo Ri had later spoken as if the Winter General had successfully frozen the bracelet for a short period of time. If that means the Summer Fairy lied to Sun Mi, why would she do so? To protect Sun Mi by keeping her from becoming too deeply involved with yogwe?
    I don't get the feeling that it was to protect Oh Gong from getting too deeply involved with a human after he had been betrayed by one before. Hooking him up with the bookseller akgwi is not a better alternative.
  • In episode 13, Soo Bo Ri said that he was currently undergoing punishment. So, did Oh Gong's crimes a thousand years ago result in Soo Bo Ri being punished as well as Oh Gong's teacher who failed to "guide" his student properly, and that's why he is acting as an emissary for the heavenly realm to earth instead of holding a loftier position?
  • I think there were some discussions back and forth awhile back about whether the spirit guarding the shinsu, sacred tree, was truly an akgwi. Whether the spirit was the tree itself or another spirit that came to reside on the tree, I think that it possibly started out as a good spirit, but then was slowly corrupted by the evil it was guarding for a thousand years. It still was carrying out its duty, but that is why its aura had turned black.
  • I'm glad that Sun Mi feels that it is okay to rely on Oh Gong's protection, whereas before she felt like an imposition on him, but I'd still like to know where her umbrella is. I can't imagine she would just throw it away after so many years. If she has a children, will they find it one day while "hunting for treasure" in the storage closet?
  • Glad to see that new doctor character who I'm guessing will help fill us in on the Hwayugi version of what happened in Oh Gong's past. I wonder which character from JTTW served as the inspiration...?
  • If Oh Gong and Sun Mi get married as planned -and are both still living in the human realm- where will they live? Sun Mi's rooftop house, the mansion that Oh Gong co-owns, or Sureumdong? I guess Sun Mi's, but Oh Gong will still use that luxurious bathtub at the mansion, since he can teleport... and it'd be an excuse to go bug Ma Wang.

Hmm,  I've reached the point of pondering bathtub usage. I had better go to sleep. :sweat_smile:

• Like 12
  • LOL 5

Lee Seung Gi And Oh Yeon Seo Tearfully Embrace In Upcoming Episode Of “Hwayugi”

Lee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo.jpg

vN’s “Hwayugi” has revealed a new glimpse of its upcoming episode!

In newly released stills from the drama, Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo shed tears as they share a passionate embrace. One of the photos shows Lee Seung Gi looking desperate as he proffers an outstretched hand in her direction; in another, he clutches tightly to Oh Yeon Seo as if afraid to let go.

Intriguingly, Oh Yeon Seo is dressed in ancient wedding attire in the photos, sparking further curiosity as to what exactly has the two lovers so distraught.

According to the production staff, the two actors were unusually serious during the filming of the emotional scene. Although typically bubbly and energetic on set, both Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo were uncharacteristically quiet during rehearsals as they attempted to immerse themselves in the world of the drama.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/16/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-tearfully-embrace-upcoming-episode-hwayugi/

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, larus said:

In newly released stills from the drama, Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo shed tears as they share a passionate embrace. One of the photos shows Lee Seung Gi looking desperate as he proffers an outstretched hand in her direction; in another, he clutches tightly to Oh Yeon Seo as if afraid to let go.

Intriguingly, Oh Yeon Seo is dressed in ancient wedding attire in the photos, sparking further curiosity as to what exactly has the two lovers so distraught.

According to the production staff, the two actors were unusually serious during the filming of the emotional scene. Although typically bubbly and energetic on set, both Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo were uncharacteristically quiet during rehearsals as they attempted to immerse themselves in the world of the drama.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/16/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-tearfully-embrace-upcoming-episode-hwayugi/

No!!!! I don’t like the sound of them being uncharacteristically quiet, so, major, major emotions and probably angst involved, which usually signify tears from me as well as the actors. Perhaps it will be a big fight with OG convinving SM to fight fate and the heavens while she is fearful of possibly causing OG’s death?  I actually can see both points of view, but I think they’re stronger together than alone. Plus OG has a history of thumbing his nose at the heavens and doing exactly what he wants anyway. :D 

• Like 15

I do ship OYS And LSG. But there are several times I look at Lee Se Young and can’t help thinking she bears  semblance to Yoona.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKzAGP8xFjhSU2UfkNTIG

• LOL 7

25 minutes ago, Zelda said:

I'm currently living 

So, some sleepless mind wanderings:

• I still want to know how Ma Wang learned that the GGG was activated with a kiss. We were given to believe that Secretary Ma found out by asking the Summer Fairy. But at that time the Winter General was staying awake to keep the little girl ghost company. 
    Hmm, maybe Secretary Ma asked via the Winter General talking with his sister through a mirror like in episode 14?
  • I like the Summer Fairy being friendly with Sun Mi, but I'm still unclear on some of her motives. Why did she discourage Sun Mi from believing Oh Gong when the Winter General froze the GGG? She told Sun Mi that it was impossible for the effects of the bracelet to be frozen, because she would immediately counteract her brother's powers. However, Soo Bo Ri had later spoken as if the Winter General had successfully frozen the bracelet for a short period of time. If that means the Summer Fairy lied to Sun Mi, why would she do so? To protect Sun Mi by keeping her from becoming too deeply involved with yogwe?
    I don't get the feeling that it was to protect Oh Gong from getting too deeply involved with a human after he had been betrayed by one before. Hooking him up with the bookseller akgwi is not a better alternative.
  • In episode 13, Soo Bo Ri said that he was currently undergoing punishment. So, did Oh Gong's crimes a thousand years ago result in Soo Bo Ri being punished as well as Oh Gong's teacher who failed to "guide" his student properly, and that's why he is acting as an emissary for the heavenly realm to earth instead of holding a loftier position?
  • I think there were some discussions back and forth awhile back about whether the spirit guarding the shinsu, sacred tree, was truly an akgwi. Whether the spirit was the tree itself or another spirit that came to reside on the tree, I think that it possibly started out as a good spirit, but then was slowly corrupted by the evil it was guarding for a thousand years. It still was carrying out its duty, but that is why its aura had turned black.
  • I'm glad that Sun Mi feels that it is okay to rely on Oh Gong's protection, whereas before she felt like an imposition on him, but I'd still like to know where her umbrella is. I can't imagine she would just throw it away after so many years. If she has a children, will they find it one day while "hunting for treasure" in the storage closet?
  • Glad to see that new doctor character who I'm guessing will help fill us in on the Hwayugi version of what happened in Oh Gong's past. I wonder which character from JTTW served as the inspiration...?
  • If Oh Gong and Sun Mi get married as planned -and are both still living in the human realm- where will they live? Sun Mi's rooftop house, the mansion that Oh Gong co-owns, or Sureumdong? I guess Sun Mi's, but Oh Gong will still use that luxurious bathtub at the mansion, since he can teleport... and it'd be an excuse to go bug Ma Wang.

Hmm,  I've reached the point of pondering bathtub usage. I had better go to sleep. :sweat_smile:

I had assumed that it could be another day that has passed and indeed secretary Ma got her information from summer fairy. 

There are times I thought that the summer fairy may be jealous of Jin Sun mi? Afterall she was a love interest of Son oh gong. And how could the one fairy whom SOG was very interested in and whom found to the most beautiful, love someone else?

my theory about the spirit guarding the tree to be a demon. And ah san Nyeo is so powerful and frightful that everyone in all the realms are happy for her to be imprisoned under the tree. So it doesn’t matter who Guards the tree, as Long as ASN doesn’t come out. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, larus said:

Where is that usually bubbly and energetic on set bts then??? Hmmph....

I bet this reunion will be the last few minutes of ep 15 continuing on with sad songs. I can imagine me sobbing pathetically already

@madinked Summer fairy being jealous of Sunmi? I hope not. She seems like a sweetheart and Sunmi seems to share a lot with her.  The bromance is love but I hope they show more sisterhood btw sunmi-buja-summer fairy too.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, haymochi said:

@madinked Summer fairy being jealous of Sunmi? I hope not. She seems like a sweetheart and Sunmi seems to share a lot with her.  The bromance is love but I hope they show more sisterhood btw sunmi-buja-summer fairy too.

Part of me thinks not too. Like when she and PK were looking on at SOG going crazy over his kiss. There was not a trace of jealousy there. 

Then maybe she was just being truthful and straightforward when she bluntly slammed down JSM’s suggestion that a Monster can be with a human.

• Like 7

Hmmm..can this be ASN's way of baiting SOG with JSM's body, so he would come clean about knowing she is not JSM but ASN?

Untitled.gif

Maybe after he rears back from her, she will gleefully tell him that it was JSM's choice to sleep for eternity for his sake and that she will never come back?

I do think SOG will need to do some cajoling to get JSM back from the sarcophagus. JSM is really terrified of hurting/killing anyone but more so him. She won't easily agree to come back. I think she may refuse first. There's also a possibility that JSM would ask for a promise from him that he won't let her kill him in any circumstances.Simply speaking, it would be a choice between loosing her now or loosing her later. When it comes to someone you love, the answer is always later because you get time to find a way to stop that fate.

Since she has been blamed for many deaths in her lifetime, she cannot take one more on her conscious and live with it. This could lead to him asking for her help in fighting their fate together.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, kjesin said:

THESE STILLS ARE KILLING ME ESPECIALLY THE LAST ONE :bawling::heart:

JSM is laying in SOG's arm so comfortably warm. I bet OYS could hear LSG's heart beat too Awww...:blush:

Sorry chingus, apologize in advanced that I cannot help myself not to comment on JSM Royal Wedding Red attire. It's her head. Her royal hair wig is so humongous though I'm sure it's not heavy. But somehow it gave me a deja-vu scene ..... yes, it's from GOONG drama when Shin Chae Kyung married Lee Shin, the royal hair piece fell on Prime Minister head. O La La....

*I'm wearing a helmet for incoming rotten eggs*       Because @40somethingahjumma already chose tomatoes.

It's winter and very cold in Korea, so I understand the choice of turtle neck shirt, long heavy coat and sweater fashion in this drama. And mostly in dark colours too. Just wonder if Hwayugi is produced during summer time, would our SOG be topless or at least wearing short pants? LOL

Edited by PororoQueen
  • Like 5
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Hmmm..can this be ASN's way of baiting SOG with JSM's body, so he would come clean about knowing she is not JSM but ASN?

Maybe after he rears back from her, she will gleefully tell him that it was JSM's choice to sleep for eternity for his sake and that she will never come back?

I do think SOG will need to do some cajoling to get JSM back from the sarcophagus. JSM is really terrified of hurting/killing anyone but more so him. She won't easily agree to come back. I think she may refuse first. There's also a possibility that JSM would ask for a promise from him that he won't let her kill him in any circumstances.Simply speaking, it would be a choice between loosing her now or loosing her later. When it comes to someone you love, the answer is always later because you get time to find a way to stop that fate.

Since she has been blamed for many deaths in her lifetime, she cannot take one more on her conscious and live with it. This could lead to him asking for her help in fighting their fate together.

Wow i’ve totally forgotten about the fact that she has been blamed for many deaths in her lifetime :(  that’s just extremely sad and depressing. Growing up with noone on her side must have been so difficult. It’s admirable that she grew up to be a strong and kind woman. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Yup.. she is said to bring misfortune that took her own parents+grandma life :dissapointed_relieved:

Her relatives are so low. They don't even want to touch the thing she touched but have the guts for asking money every month..

remember sunmi going to the bank and asking the teller to help her put the cash inside her bag cos she can't touch it?

she is def bullied and not welcome as a human being but the demons  belittled her as well.

I'm still upset about Mawang and GF who betrayed her so easily cos to them she is a mere human.

She is really unlucky though. Receiving  this damn fate of samjang as punishment and moreoever black bell came to her just like that. If i were her, i would have given this life too and  chose to be sealed ....at least i sleep peacefully forever when the world is going to be destroyed anyhow

Even if she sacrifice herself for the world, Will people appreciate her? Nope..

Life goes on and Mawanf.  will just be glad that he got his points.

OG is the only one who treasures her more than  anything that's why it's so swoony. 

And anyone love Lee Hanjoon? He is my fave man  bside OG..no one wants to work with Sunmi but this guy as the sole worker is so sweet and loyal.

Despite him complaining , he cares for his boss... rememeber when Sunmi saved the kid from burning the school?

he said "You're frightening but i think you are really a great and special person" *sob*

• Like 17