[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Because I catched a damn cold I am late today - and not watched on Air. I needed to sleep to feel a bit better but on the good side - like that I could watch RAW without lags.

The best for today -

YEAH - we only need to wait one day - gosh with that end I would die waiting a week. (I will not think about the cliffhanger for tomorow - it will be torture as I guess).

Actually I am happy that SM in the end tried to take the GGG. I hopes she really takes it away from him. I trust his heart and I feel like its better for her to to see that his love is real and that she can´t hurt him anymore. But on the other hand - i love this part where she can call for him in danger.

I wish to send flowers to the writer - until today I always got what I asked for. OG was not tricked. There is a scentences we use in germany - not sure if its used in english too - not because someone is beauty we love him - but because we love someone he or she becomes more and more beauty.

Only SM is the one OG loves - so only she - with her soul not only her body - is beauty for him. I guessed right that beeing SJ was never a punishment - she had abilitys before.

So - with that preview - I really wish to find out why OG is still wearing the GGG. I guess he will stopp her. From her heart I would think she really is ready to let him free. Living with the doubts that the love was never real is just to difficult as I see it. And of course she will never hurt him again...

I wonder if she will really  hurt OG when she calls him jsut missing him or because she is in danger - as I see it it will only hurt him when she tries to stopp him and push him back.

• Like 12

I hope when Sunmi says "ler's end this love" means let's end this Love bounded by GGG. Let's love with our hearts...

please successfully take it off already!!!! 

I mean what's the point of noble idiocy if she already accepted his heart on that reunion scene. Good that they are bound by lots of contracts that they can't get away from each other .

esp te marriage contract is something that the otp have to abide to for eternity... 

now make another contract for cute babies 

• Like 11

How could Granny knows that someone will come for SM and protect her - maybe she was SJ before but when SM was born her fate goes on to the grandchild.

For me it would fit it Heavens punishment for the Child who survived because her / his mother used human child souls to rescue it - was to beeing reborn as long as he or she is needed to rescue the humanworld and sacrifice herself for the humankind. To be able to fight she needs a protector. Because the child became human. So the first SJ maybe was the child from MW and Iron Fan. Maybe in the end her blood is needed to call all the demons who otherwise will overrun the world. And the Protector needs to fight than. I kinda hope that  real love was not in the plans of heaven. And I guess heaven really did not want that MW knows that. He will interfere too. So maybe because of there plans the way to end the world was just created by them too.

Oh - for MW - do he still need points. Will he still wish to become a deity? If not - he can just act the way his nature was again.

I admit I miss the Ghost hunting from the start.

And I miss BJ!

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

Can someone translate the conversation? Love it when OG was furious at 0:11. Even when he yells, he's hot! 

look in youtube comment someone translated. 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

Wow so that was it. I thought it was some kind of super glue magic that made her unable to move. Hahaha. Poison is the right way to go, obviously.

I don´t understand korean - so it is just my guess and feeling.

Ah - and the poison was to let her sleep again and send her soul to the place in the censor. The Body needed to be empty again so SMs Sould could come back. But they maded it like the With and SM both are at a similiar looking place but not at the same place. So OG could go and find SM and MW helped and meets with the With.

In the end it will be MW who will cause a lot of trouble I fear.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

Can someone translate the conversation? Love it when OG was furious at 0:11. Even when he yells, he's hot! 

-Great Sage

-Give me the incense burner

-I can't give it to you

-WG!!!

-Sam Jang and you have a fate where she can hurt you. Getting rid of the incense burner isn't betraying you.

-I need the incense burner in order to find my wife.

-Please don't come closer. I also need to protect my sister's soul.

-I didn't want to kill you.

(.. and then it's WG telling his sister she mustn't use her strength and go back into his body. The sister says she should have disappeared a long time ago)

---

For me the ending was bittersweet, like she's letting him go.

I hope he actually heard her say "I love you". :(

• Like 9

You guys really are awesome... all the theories and guesses are logical & make sense.. if only i could quote all previous replies that made me go 'aahhh...' and 'ooohhh...' :lol: there would be plenty.

Watched the raw and the bahdoo recap. We owe so much to these kind people. Bless you, really. 

And speaking of theories & guesses, here are mine :

1. Prev SJ was a male and truly MW's son. Protector was a female. Somehow related with JSM. Her dad probably?? Or even wilder thought, the protector is JSM's mom?

2. SJ reincarnated in JSM's soul. Thus making her SJ by birth and by fate. thus supporting the theory of Hellish Duo KDS-ASN and Heavenly Duo 50-SJ.

3. Aeryeong and Saryeong IMO will always come as a unit. If you love someone deeply, the Love bell. When one died, the other would follow. Hence, Death bell. Yaaahhh... if only it was that simple...

My fave scenes from 15 :

1. Crazy ASN threatening 50. His tears-brimmed eyes.... i can feel his pain and fear to watch SM bleed as in that would be his personal hell.

2. The ending scene when our OTP hold hands. Wish someone has the pic of it..

OYS is a great actress. She switched easily from JSM to ASN in her office whe  she showed 50 she knows stuff about JSM's life.

I am in LOVE with the pt.8 OST and seriously... this drama kinda messed my brain in a good way.. thank God we got ep.16 2mrrw. Or is it going to be another beginning of a week full with horrendous waiting????

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Wotad said:

look in youtube comment someone translated. 

I will miss our wonderful summer fairy - and yes - she was beautiful and I can understand the Brother who just wanted to rescue her and made a huge sacrifice to do that for years.

How sad - the Brother was never really able I fear to touch his sister - opposite elements.

Wahhh - give me back the summer fairy...

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, ukeindo19 said:

You guys really are awesome... all the theories and guesses are logical & make sense.. if only i could quote all previous replies that made me go 'aahhh...' and 'ooohhh...' :lol: there would be plenty.

Watched the raw and the bahdoo recap. We owe so much to these kind people. Bless you, really. 

And speaking of theories & guesses, here are mine :

1. Prev SJ was a male and truly MW's son. Protector was a female. Somehow related with JSM. Her dad probably?? Or even wilder thought, the protector is JSM's mom?

2. SJ reincarnated in JSM's soul. Thus making her SJ by birth and by fate. thus supporting the theory of Hellish Duo KDS-ASN and Heavenly Duo 50-SJ.

3. Aeryeong and Saryeong IMO will always come as a unit. If you love someone deeply, the Love bell. When one died, the other would follow. Hence, Death bell. Yaaahhh... if only it was that simple...

My fave scenes from 15 :

1. Crazy ASN threatening 50. His tears-brimmed eyes.... i can feel his pain and fear to watch SM bleed as in that would be his personal hell.

2. The ending scene when our OTP hold hands. Wish someone has the pic of it..

OYS is a great actress. She switched easily from JSM to ASN in her office whe  she showed 50 she knows stuff about JSM's life.

I am in LOVE with the pt.8 OST and seriously... this drama kinda messed my brain in a good way.. thank God we got ep.16 2mrrw. Or is it going to be another beginning of a week full with horrendous waiting????

bcy6ed3v.png

gxa4wubg.png

Spoiler

wunadvyj.png

tnheo6hv.png

Your wish was granted! :D

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Liting1 said:

So the protector of the previous SJ's is still alive? She lived that long? MW's child is a boy then?

Sorry to edit your post!

I may have missed this bit but how was it established that MW's child is a son?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Sorry to edit your post!

I may have missed this bit but how was it established that MW's child is a son?

As far as I know in korean it is the same word for male and female sometimes - correct me please if I am wrong. So i guess its still open if it is a boy or a girl. But I know that part often became tricky in translations.

I forgot to say something. I guess this was the first time I saw OG going to sleep and beeing tired - so it was really very exausting or he is listening well. But he was really in pain and had a terrible time to endure missing her and needed to play nice.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

As far as I know in korean it is the same word for male and female sometimes - correct me please if I am wrong. So i guess its still open if it is a boy or a girl. But I know that part often became tricky in translations.

I forgot to say something. I guess this was the first time I saw OG going to sleep and beeing tired - so it was really very exausting or he is listening well. But he was really in pain and had a terrible time to endure missing her and needed to play nice.

Thank you! I found the post that suggested it might be a male. But if it's still open as to whether it's son/daughter it'll be interesting how this plotline develops.

At first when I read that MW's child is a son my immediate thought is ASN will mislead MW into thinking that the Candidate/Kang Dae-sung is his son so that MW will help him. Part of her twisted plan to create havoc for the world! 

It also finally made sense to me why MW didn't go searching for his child.. If he has been made to believe he/she is dead. 

Strange also that the previous protector to previous SJ is only introduced now. Why only now? And if she's immortal & protector, I hope she's not just a messenger now but will be useful character. Oh dear writers, please don't introduce characters just for the sake of getting different actors/actresses in! 

:wacko::huh:

This came to me just: ASN's reason for taking over SJM's body was cos BJ's a zombie and she can't have her full power as the priestess. Of course she also desires SOG but she's a priestess with bad intentions. Yet her first few tasks after taking over SJM's body was to seduce SOG and to go shopping. Ermmm... Can't really figure her out!! 

Edited by aprilx
Additional thought abt ASN
  • Like 7

As for the male-female question in Korean. It's not that it's the same word; there are different pronouns for "he" and "she". The thing is, in Korean, you often ommitt the pronoun. Like if you are speaking and saying that you ate, you won't use "I" because you are the one uttering that statement so people use context to determine that you are the one who ate. The other thing is that you often use other names to refer to people, like Teacher, Writer, Younger Sibling, etc. Those are gender neutral and can refer to both women and men...

1 hour ago, ukeindo19 said:

About LSG's sexy hands... we need another thread specifically to start gushing about it. Stat. :D

Count me in!! he he... :wink:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

hmm.. maybe the voice of a female in the preview of eps 16 is the voice of the protector/goddess that have task from heaven to end MW child life with the sword  ( just like in the snow white story ) she said you, "don't be like me" maybe she is referring to her self ,she failed carrying that task.... :ph34r: now i dont have the heart to write whose going to kill who... the black bell rings ...:dissapointed:

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, miramara said:

hmm.. maybe the voice of a female in the preview of eps 16 is the voice of the protector/goddess that have task from heaven to end MW child life with the sword  ( just like in the snow white story ) she said you, "don't be like me" maybe she is referring to her self ,she failed carrying that task.... :ph34r: now i dont have the heart to write whose going to kill who... the black bell rings ...:dissapointed:

If either of them kill the other ill be sad as richard simmons , please Drama gods dont make all ending's depressing. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wotad said:

If either of them kill the other ill be sad as richard simmons , please Drama gods dont make all ending's depressing. 

cheer' the Monkey King always have a way to handle things and heaven ... just hope will be forgiving ^_^

• Like 3