Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

After having courage to watch ep 14 with subs i'm 100%sure that ASN will enter Samjang's body. She said this to Sunmi "You will sleep here for eternity and i will wake up with your body":bawling:

OYS just updated her ig with curly hair like Buja too. Am i being paranoid here? Or is she just having that hair to promote her movie???

OG won't confused ASN in samjang body then get married righr? I'm gonna cry if they drag the storyline of ASN in Sunmi's body for more than 1 ep

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

Its huge fun to guess what will happen next. The Writer like to tease us and trick us - and the story often goes a way not typical. I like that a lot.

I guess we will have to deal with the witch in SMs Body - but I really can´t see OG as someone who can not see the truth. But I can guess a secenario where he tricked the witch and pretend to not know - and us in the same time - and prepare the wedding - but in the end he will never marry the wrong person. That is a contract he can only made with the person he loves. And for the beasts and dieties its different - humans can change - they can´t.

My questions are

what happend to the child of the deity - SM asked the Teacher about it and there was a reason he did not answer that one question.

What has the Summer Fairy done so her Brother needed to rescue her offering his own body - and making a deal with the witch.

Who and why was OG betrayed in the past. Can´t be about love - its for a lifetime for him.

And what will happen to BJ? Can she get her Body back when the soul leaves her Body again... Hope so...

But I feel like ASN will still like to revange BJ.

If ASN really came back as SJ - her Blood will be mightyfull - but how can she keep her other abilities ... like controlling souls and seeing the future - will that goes to former SJ? SM already can see the future now  - but can she control the souls than too?

I have not trouble with SM who is willing to sacrifice herself for OG now. Its not - for me - about not enough trust. OG himself told her she is the only person who can kill her - and it must hurt a lot to find out about the death bell. She was so happy about it.

I am too not angry for OG who did not want SM to know about the real meaning of the bell. She just open her heart for him - and partly the reason was she trusted the love bell - so if she trust the death bell too OG must be afraid to loose her. He is ready to fight against the heaven for his love - and he is even ready to put his life on the line for it.

The Character of ASN is my trouble right now - Knowing her past I should feel sorry for her too - but she acts for me not like someone I will feel sympathy for. Only PK can soften her a bit - thanks to BJs Heart. Maybe if they let me see her pain - not only her cold manipulatiing ways.... She rescued Summer Fairy - why? Because she wanted to help of was there a deal? Was she a good person back than?

I love to see scenes from the past - please let me know more.

• Like 5

She was about to get married then a coffin was waiting for her instead. She was buried alive and sealed for a thousand years.

I pity her for that but i won't say she used to be good either. She must have used some dark spell or done evil things to make the man a king.  The king must have  been petrified by her

another actress aph Yoon Ah is said to make an appearance. Her character is related to Lee Seung Gi character :huh:

0002755213_001_20180213184841984.jpeg?ty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

27 minutes ago, haymochi said:

After having courage to watch ep 14 with subs i'm 100%sure that ASN will enter Samjang's body. She said this to Sunmi "You will sleep here for eternity and i will wake up with your body":bawling:

OYS just updated her ig with curly hair like Buja too. Am i being paranoid here? Or is she just having that hair to promote her movie???

OG won't confused ASN in samjang body then get married righr? I'm gonna cry if they drag the storyline of ASN in Sunmi's body for more than 1 ep

LOL, I have just checked OYS's Instagram and I think your paranoid is likely possible to become true...

her movie CITT is still in March and her hair there is supposed to be lighter,, of which I didn't find it in her latest Instagram post.

I don't think OG will confuse ASN in JSM's body..but like @Mau_Cherry 's analysis...I bet he will trick ASN and get them into the altar..and then outdo her again.

Nonetheless,  how about the BTS showing ASN wearing an orange fur coat, sitting with KDS and evil little girl from ep 5? we can't forget that right? 

TBH, I can't wait to see OYS acting seductively if indeed she becomes ASN...:lol:

on a side note, I have also seen LHK and CSW's Instagram post showing them on a historical site ..so likely they will team up together  with OG to save JSM 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Waiting for Oblivion: Top 10 K-Drama Quotes for the One Left Behind

goblin-quotes-grim-reaper-wang-yeo.jpg?w
Date: February 13, 2018 Author: tipsyahjumma

Oblivion: the fact or condition of not remembering.

A fictional character in one of my favorite young adult novels once stated that he fears oblivion. I used too think the same. But one day I woke up with bloodshot eyes, stared at the ceiling for a few hours, and wished for oblivion to come.

Here’s our Top 10 K-Drama Quotes for all of us who once had sleepless nights while nursing a broken heart.

• When the other person wishes you well and says the despicable “you deserve someone better” line after finding perfection in someone else.

hwayugi-quotes-memorable-line.jpg?w=567&h=851

“After all the pain you put my heart through, now you tell me live well?” ~ Son Oh-gong, Hwayugi

More: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/waiting-for-oblivion-top-10-k-drama-quotes-for-the-one-left-behind/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I just finished watching ep 14 with eng sub. Looks like ASN will wake up in SM body. OG said he can't sense SM, so i bet he will recognize ASN as second she woke up in SM body. Looks like one of the prediction can come true, the team work will save SM. While OG pretend to not knowing ASN in SM body, the others go back to the place where SM is and rescue her. But the question is, is they succeed to free SM's soul then SM soul will back to her body or she can't because ASN already in her body? 

I can't take it if SM return in Buja body, then the otp change into Buja and OG, omo i just can't. Please Hong sister make us a better completion in ep 15, don't let us down , jebaaaal

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Even if ASN enters JSM's body, it won't be for too long. We have already seen the BTS pic of ASN as Buja sitting with Akiko and Kang. That is definitely from this week. I still believe she won't get to enter JSM's body so soon. BUT if she does, she won't last long. Maybe there is a catch to protect SJ where evil entities cannot possess her body. If that were possible, JSM would have been possessed many times up until now by strong evil spirits.

ASN had black hair didn't she? Buja went from light hair to black hair when she got possessed by her. JSM's curls are still light. The comments on her picture are talking about CITT.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, dvrels said:

I just finished watching ep 14 with eng sub. Looks like ASN will wake up in SM body. OG said he can't sense SM, so i bet he will recognize ASN as second she woke up in SM body. Looks like one of the prediction can come true, the team work will save SM. While OG pretend to not knowing ASN in SM body, the others go back to the place where SM is and rescue her. But the question is, is they succeed to free SM's soul then SM soul will back to her body or she can't because ASN already in her body? 

I can't take it if SM return in Buja body, then the otp change into Buja and OG, omo i just can't. Please Hong sister make us a better completion in ep 15, don't let us down , jebaaaal

Lol people will go crazy if that happens.

Buja soul needs to go back to Buja's for sure. She still needs to meet her mother and PK is waiting for her

Sunmi will def go back to her body while ASN perished forever  (i'm gonna flip tables if her soul goes to Buja or something, that's pure makjang lmao)

i'm curious about ASN real form.. maybe the actress Oh Yoon Ah will act as ASN in flashback.

guessing from the dialogues with Sunmi, samjang and ASN are really similar. They are both human with special ability but ASN is used , betrayed, and killed.

We can see Sunmi is often used by the demons as well

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

ASN had black hair didn't she? Buja went from light hair to black hair when she got possessed by her. JSM's curls are still light. The comments on her picture are talking about CITT.

Yes,,but in CITT OYS has bangs (and in her latestpost she doesnt have any bangs and her hair color  is a bit darker for CITT) and therefore I reckon that its for hwayugi scene. 

But still, the possessed JSM will not last long , like you said..:)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

LOL, I have just checked OYS's Instagram and I think your paranoid is likely possible to become true...

her movie CITT is still in March and her hair there is supposed to be lighter,, of which I didn't find it in her latest Instagram post.

I don't think OG will confuse ASN in JSM's body..but like @Mau_Cherry 's analysis...I bet he will trick ASN and get them into the altar..and then outdo her again.

Nonetheless,  how about the BTS showing ASN wearing an orange fur coat, sitting with KDS and evil little girl from ep 5? we can't forget that right? 

TBH, I can't wait to see OYS acting seductively if indeed she becomes ASN...:lol:

on a side note, I have also seen LHK and CSW's Instagram post showing them on a historical site ..so likely they will team up together  with OG to save JSM 

Her Hairstyle seems to be related to the movie she is working on  - just read an article about it. She is wearing that hairstyle for Cheese in the Trap.

So I don´t think its about BJ in anyway.

OG knows that ASN is able to change souls - and he is a damn smart and never to underastimate monkey. I miss him to be in action for the last episodes. He is hot when he is angry - but he is - and that is his nature the best to trick someone. He is mischief in person.

And i kinda beliefe he takes it really personal that ASN was able to trick him once and put SM in danger now.

I guess its only SM who can free herself - its like she needed to do it on her free will. ASN asked her before to switch. But SM already learned her lessons before and she now choose to be SJ. But the person OG loves is not SJ - its just SM.

I wonder if later ASN will take of the bracelet from OG to make him hers - believing like this she can stop him loving SM. What would I do.... not sure..

• Like 8

Hmmm... being a samjang is really hard 

If i were Sunmi i would have given up that samjang fate already

The one OG loves is human Jin Sun Mi anyway. The one who had a contract and activated the GGG is human Jin Sun Mi too.. so it won't matter lol 

She should just give her samjang fate to ASN if that evil witch want it so bad. Good luck to being hunted by demons for food every second of your life.. hmmph

This time Sunmi is really put dangerso OG anger will be no joke *fan myself*.  Just see If she ever dare to used samjang's body to seduced someone... *kinda want to see it for a bit though -_-*

• Like 6

2 hours ago, haymochi said:

another actress aph Yoon Ah is said to make an appearance. Her character is related to Lee Seung Gi character :huh:

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

i'm curious about ASN real form.. maybe the actress Oh Yoon Ah will act as ASN in flashback.

guessing from the dialogues with Sunmi, samjang and ASN are really similar. They are both human with special ability but ASN is used , betrayed, and killed.

Apologies for cutting your posts @haymochi and also thanks for all the great information and insights you provide!!  

Random Thoughts: 

So, if this new actress is 1) related to SOG and 2) playing ASN then could the king that betrayed her possibly be the same human that betrayed SOG? Both events happened 1000 years ago, correct?

Also, WF is related to ASN via SF and also very tight with SOG.  Could his "freezing of the world" be related to the same SOG human betrayal incident?  Or did he freeze the world for ASN to save SF?  Another theory on SF.  Maybe the king that ASN wanted was in love with SF, hence ASN took her out of the picture but allowed her soul to survive in return for WF's help?  

I agree @marinated_lemon that the duality of SF/WF is interesting, I'm so looking forward to learning their backstory.  

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 I think that while PK calls BJ little brother their relationship is not the same as General Winter and the Summer Fairy.  Those two are brother and sister,  you can see it in the way they interact. They have a sibling kind of vibe. It is more matter of fact in their sibling kind of understanding of each other. PK and BJ  have a different feel.  There is a chemistry there that is not brotherly.  I think that PK calls BJ brother because he does have feelings for her but given that he has always been a love and leave them type of playboy he does not know how to recognize a real love or even what to do with how that he feels it. Calling her brother is a way to distance himself from his emotions.  But, no matter how he tries to redefine his feelings he still wants to take care of her,  protect her and in the end love her even if it means destroying her.   Because she was young and innocent and he is young in understanding real emotional romantic love, both treat each other in that delightful crush kind of way.  That is what made them so cute to watch in the beginning.

• Like 6

I am still stuck on the fate that the black death bell predicts.  Could one way out of this be that when ANS is in SM 's body they kill her soul and then SM would be free to go back to her own body and that way the fate would be fulfilled? I just want there to be a way out of this dark destiny.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hwayugi Funny, Firey, Fill-In-the-Blanks, Round 1 Results!

Thank you for everyone's support and to those who participated!:wub:

@stargazer187:
Episode 12 text preview:
Oh Gong has realized that wearing the episodes can really watch him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are oppas who are a match made in preview, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their preview fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the main lead where they sang to an evil spirit, a fluffy sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Hyun Bin’ is revealed to be dancing within… Falling to his knees he cries, Oh drama! Look what you've done to me!

(Gamehost commentary: Indeed, what has it done to us all?)

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to eat no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel handsome.
OG: Of course it’s handsome. But… when I thought that Seo In Guk also could be the one to eat, I feel more cute. It’s cute for me and it’s cute for Park Seo Joon too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Yoon Hyun Min shot.
OG: Yoon Hyun Min did that, didn’t he? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that boyfriend has completely lost it.

(Gamehost commentary: Hmm… This is the stuff that inspires the scene where OG dragged MW into an elevator…)

---

@rocat:

Episode 12 text preview:
Oh Gong has realized that wearing the Fork can really bend him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are Aji3s who are a match made in peanut, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their peanut fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the bush where they peeked an evil spirit, an amorous sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Gong Yoo’ is revealed to be smacked within… It’s all because,sarang-haeyo

(Gamehost commentary: I sense a makjang thriller)

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to fly no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel lecherous.
OG: Of course it’s lecherous. But… when I thought that Park Bogum also could be the one to fly, I feel more gregarious. It’s gregarious for me and it’s gregarious for Kang Sora too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Rain flaunted.
OG: Rain did that, didn’t he? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that wizard has completely lost it. 
(Gamehost commentary: Park Bo-gum, changing lechery to sociability and making our games safe for all ages.)

----

@chunkyung_8690:
Episode 12 text preview: 
Oh Gong has realized that wearing the bedscene can really snore him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are hyungs who are a match made in octopus, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their octopus fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the milkshake where they swam an evil spirit, a pretentious sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Yoo Ah-In’ is revealed to be peeking within… uttering whispers ofJinjja daebak!” 

(Gamehost commentary: The truth comes out! The Jade Dragon, Great King Octopus, is a deity in charge of relationship fates! The question is, "What kind???")

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to fart no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel ill-fated.
OG: Of course it’s ill-fated. But… when I thought that Park Seo-Joon also could be the one to fart, I feel more sturdy. It’s sturdy for me and it’s sturdy for Ji Sung too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Kystal slapped.
OG: Krystal did that, didn’t she? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that WangSeja has completely lost it. 

(Gamehost commentary: The host takes no responsibility for loss of face caused to any celebrities featured in this game.)

---

Original texts:

Spoiler

Episode 12 text preview: Translation thx to @stroppyse

Oh Gong has realized that wearing the geumganggo can really kill him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are lovers who are a match made in heaven, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their heaven fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the tree where they vanquished an evil spirit, a suspicious sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Ah Sa Nyeo’ is revealed to be sealed within…

Episode 13 excerpt: Translation thx to @kjesin
OG: If one of us has to die no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel unfair.
OG: Of course it’s unfair. But… when I thought that she also could be the one dying, I feel more unfair. It’s unfair for me and it’s unfair for SJ too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Heaven decided.
OG: Heaven did that, didn’t they?
MW: It seems that idiot has completely lost it. That… Should I call Soobori?

Like the game and want to play with your friends outside of Soompi? Here are the game ready texts:

Spoiler

Link to the game instructions and word examples

Episode 12 text preview: 

Oh Gong has realized that wearing the (noun) can really (verb) him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are (noun describing a person)s who are a match made in (noun3), Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their (noun3 repeats) fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the (noun) where they (verb) an evil spirit, a(n) (adjective) sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘(Kceleb name)’ is revealed to be (verb) within… (gamehost begins a new sentence if necessary) "(reaction phrase)"

Word list:

Noun:
Verb:
Noun (describing a person):
Noun:
Noun:
Verb:
Adjective:
Name a Kdrama celebrity who is not part of this cast:
Verb:

Reaction phrase (optional):

===

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to (verb1) no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel (adjective1).
OG: Of course it’s (adjective1 repeats). But… when I thought that (Kceleb name1) also could be the one to (verb1 repeats), I feel more (adjective2). It’s (adjective2 repeats) for me and it’s (adjective2 repeats) for (Kceleb name2) too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what (Kceleb name3) (verb2).
OG: (Kceleb name3 repeats) did that, didn’t they? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that (noun describing a person) has completely lost it.

Word list:

Verb:
Adjective:

Adjective:
Verb:
Noun (describing a person, e.g. secretary):

===

If you enjoyed a laugh, let us know what's your pick: a preview, peanut, or an octopus relationship? :tongue:

The next game round will be posted this weekend.

Tagging with gratitude: @Lmangla

• LOL 14

Since we're already on the episodes where the peak of conflicts are happening, I will give my take on the happy ending:

1. Since Samjang is destined to save the world - she will definitely not be locked up in that coffin forever.

2. She will be able to defeat ASN & since she already have shaman powers which I believe will be at full extent since her interaction with ASN.

3. She is the daughter if Iron Fan - which was punished as well by heavens to be reborn multiple times (possibly same time as her mother) and destined to see demons/cast out demons for greater good.

4. Since her mother's punishment has ended. Samjang punishment will end as well.

5. After fulfilling her destiny as Samjang and defeating ASN & the candidate, she may be able be granted with inmortality and will be able to be together with Oh-gong.

IM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT MA-WANG's REACTION IF IN CASE HE FOUND OUT SAMJANG IS THEIR CHILD. Lol

• Like 10

Oh my, what a cliff hanger! I just watched this week's episodes and feel almost cheated that it stopped there. Still confident that our OTP will overcome all difficulties though so not all that worried, it's just that I can't imagine how OG will find SM if she decides not to call him to protect him... The suspense....

• Like 5