[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

28 minutes ago, nrbrown said:

And speaking of Netflix, who here watches the show again over on that platform? (Raises hand). I tend to like to see the difference in translations to better understand the meaning, idea or points. And also I think it’s a fun show. 

A related question would be.. who here has gotten themselves a Son Yook Gong?

*Sheepishly raise hand* Watching new Hwayugi eps with it :wub:

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, aprilx said:

A related question would be.. who here has gotten themselves a Son Yook Gong?

*Sheepishly raise hand* Watching new Hwayugi eps with it :wub:

Me again *LOL*

as i am a big fan of hwayugi, I always share snippets of hwayugi on my instagram post and one of my korean friends saw it

the greatest thing about it is that she  suddenly sent a text saying that she had already bought it for me (right now she is still in seoul but will be back (to eu, where we live) next week)

So..while painstakingly waiting for the cliffhanger to be solved ..i am also lookin forward to receiving that son yook gong from my dear korean friend :wub:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Undoubtedly. :wink: It's clear the boys are very fond of each other. They're like brothers constantly pranking and baiting each other but when push comes to shove (and you'll see it in Episode 13), OG's got MW's back. Not assure about vice versa though. :tongue: But I think MW notices that OG is changing now that he's tethered to SJ.

As for OG using JSM more often, to me it's proof positive that he genuinely cares about her... the woman, not the reincarnated being. :D

I actually have a feeling MW might give up sthg in order to help OG and SM in the end; his love life seems to be very complicated as is, I doubt we'll get a traditionnal happy ending for him based on what she did in order to save her kid (It's awful but it's also sthg that any parent could somehow understand: I was talking with my hairdresser last week and she said that she loved her husband to death but that she has never truly loved before having a kid; that she would do anything for her kids). Anyway, that's another discussion...

To come back to MW, I totally think he'll side with OG and SM at the end. Perhaps he'll give up his life for them, or his status of god. Yes, he is not quite there yet; but he'll soon be.

Okay, I said I had doubts about OG's feelings still but with this week's episodes, not anymore! OG surely went all out with his love!!

One thing I hate about Hong sisters: the annoying cliffhangers... every . single . week...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Hmm - with the gift of a shaman SM can do other things now. In the end the glass did not fall to the ground yet - she changed it - the Baby did not get hit - she changed it. With the ability to see forward maybe she got the ability to rescue OG in the end.

this i loved most!!!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, haymochi said:

Agree hahhaa

i was saying it out of anger but i won't stop watching anyway :tongue:

as i said before, this drama has the right kind of angst and noble idiocy in Hong Sisters drama is a must

just sad that Sunmi decision to be sealed so she won't be able to hurt OG will make some people bash her character again

-_-

harharhar just paste to them the definition of martyr ahaha! introduce it word for the day!

• Like 2

Just finished reading Girlfriday's ep 13 recap. I thought it was interesting that "Sun-mi asks if Iron Fan’s child is still alive, but Patriarch avoids her question and says that Mawang could die, and asks her to stop him." (See this is confirming why I don't trust this guy <_<)

Anyway I'm wondering if that child is the priestess. Her age will match the child's and heaven supposedly can't tell what she is, (in ep 12 Patriarch said she isn't a demon, and can hide among humans, manipulate and use human hearts against each other) and she confirms it herself that she can control souls. Princess Iron Fan need to eat souls to save her child, she's eaten 4 men body and soul since being realeased.

• Like 6

Ok, so I don't participate in this forum that much bc I know if I do, I'll get super distracted from my school work. I've been mostly lurking on Instagram hashtags every week and not question what's happening until I watch. Anyways, I just wanted to know...wtf happened to JSM?? She was buried in the ancient sarcophagus, but why? is she dead? why was she dressed like royalty at the end? someone give me some context? lol 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VanillaSalt said:

Ok, so I don't participate in this forum that much bc I know if I do, I'll get super distracted from my school work. I've been mostly lurking on Instagram hashtags every week and not question what's happening until I watch. Anyways, I just wanted to know...wtf happened to JSM?? She was buried in the ancient sarcophagus, but why? is she dead? why was she dressed like royalty at the end? someone give me some context? lol 

She isn't physically in the sarcophagus. Her soul is though.

Now the question as to why she was dressed like a queen 1000 years ago???? That's something I'm wondering too. 

The sarcophagus is in the politician's hands (in his living room??? I dunno) and I expect that he's going to meddle with that in the next episode.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aunniek said:

Question: in what countries is this available on Netflix?  It isn't yet in the US........

Netflix won't have the show available anywhere (correction in the US* I just looked it up via Google) until the show is done so they can posts all the episodes at once for people to binge-watch <_<. (Defeats the purpose of watching k-dramas). 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tweets said:

She isn't physically in the sarcophagus. Her soul is though.

Now the question as to why she was dressed like a queen 1000 years ago???? That's something I'm wondering too. 

The sarcophagus is in the politician's hands (in his living room??? I dunno) and I expect that he's going to meddle with that in the next episode.

Omg in the politician living room!!! Won't sunmi be hearing things there

hope it will make her want to call OG !!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

Omg in the politician living room!!! Won't sunmi be hearing things there

hope it will make her want to call OG !!

Isn't ASN was supposed to marry into royalty more precisely to become the King's wife thus the Queen's attire.

But I'm also interested in whether SM's soul in the sarcophagus in Kang Daesung's place or it's sealed in the past of ASN?

Could SOG save SM if he finds the sarcophagus or is it the same as with the Bookseller and unless SM wants to be freed no one can save her?

I was wondering why ASN would want SM sealed away but I guess she just needs her as a hostage so ASN can control SOG.

• Like 5

Hmmm... i thought ASN wants Samjang blood?

what does she wants? Control over OG or Samjang's blood

if He wants control over OG then SM made a super stupid decision. She is preventing him from being killed by her but how about ASN? What if ASN soul went into her body?

you def made a hasty decision!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, haymochi said:

if He wants control over OG then SM made a super stupid decision. She is prtexting him from being killed by her but how about ASN? What if ASN soul went into her body?

Hmm, nope I doubt that ASN's soul would switch to SM's body. As far as I understand ASN wanted to obtain SJ's obilities. But why? And does that mean that in exchange she lost her priestess powers?

As for SOG, I think that ASN is just jealous of his love with SM. So if she can't bewitch him to be by her side she can at least threaten him with SM's life. Plus SOG is very powerful demon and for ASN it's good to have his abilities at hand.

But ASN is in for a rude awakening 'cause it's next to impossible to control The Monkey King. ^_^ 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, haymochi said:

if He wants control over OG then SM made a super stupid decision. She is prtexting him from being killed by her but how about ASN? What if ASN soul went into her body?

But SM didn't know what ASN wanted. ASN only told SM about the death bell and that the best way to keep SOG safe, preventing the death bell fate, is for SM to get into the coffin.

The soul switching thing is a little confusing...

1. ASN is in BJ's body

2. SM is in ASN's body

Is ASN going to go into SM's body...?

How is that going to turn her into SM...? I'm confused af rn...

Also, is BJ going to be BJ again...?

Edit: Wait, is ASN in BJ's body becoming SJ, and SM is stuck in the dream? If that's the case, then the GGG isn't going to be transferred to ASN bc SOG is obviously in love with SM. Right? OMG I'm so confused

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

But SM didn't know what ASN wanted. ASN only told SM about the death bell and that the best way to keep SOG safe, preventing the death bell fate, is for SM to get into the coffin.

It's true

maaan.. Hong sisters female lead noble idiocy is no joke. I remember Sassy Girl Chunhyang and i feel like banging my head to the wall :angry:

kinda understand Sunmi's stance though.

her being killed or him killing her are painful for both of them so being sealed will prevent her from feeling any harm so does OG. 

I also wonder how this soul switching might works. Will Sunmi stays unconcious in  OG's arm or will her body will be possesed by this evil witch? 

Buja should come back and get her unnie 

This drama is giving ne ultimate stress, headache, and heartache on Monday morning

• Like 4