[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

17 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Thats good - and it put me more at ease - but than a lot pages are wrong...

Incl. here.

Yes, i saw it on other webpages it says 16 eps.. But i choose to believe its 20 eps then. It will then have enough time to tie the loose ends. Haha. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, antisocialnot said:

based on the comments on naver, it seems like the koreans themselves are unsure as to whether it is a 16 episode drama or a 20 episode one.. 

49 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I really hope they are right. otherwise we have not enough time left and I don´t want an rushed ending.

55 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I read it on koreamdrama.org

I think it is 20 episodes as Netflix has already confirmed there are ep 19 and ep 20 which sub will be available on 9th of march..which means the ending will be on 4th of march. 

Tvn has made an official deal  with netflix so i guess we can be safely assured. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

The thing with Hwayugi is that this drama is too unpredictable which is both a good thing and a frustrating one. So I won't worry about the cliffhanger. Remember last week when were so frustrated that An San Nyeo "bewitched" Oh Gong at the end of the episode which made it that week's cliffhanger? I am relly curious about this week's cliffhanger and I'm sure there would be a twist to all of this. I just hope that Sam Jang would learn how to use her powers properly from now on

• Like 11

1 hour ago, nrbrown said:

I’m honestly more convinced by each episode that things will work out in the end. Overall feel of this show is that it has more comedic elements than dramatic/tragic ones. Most likely SJ is the destroyer, and savior of the world. 

Postive outlooks: 

1. SJ won’t be plain Jane anymore. (Some folks were complaining about how drab she looked) No more folks! Think of it as only for short while tho.

2. More teamwork. Less backstabbing. To try to return SJ’s soul in her body.

3. Buja might come back. She has a connection to the real JSM. 

Support your second point. Saving the world should be the joint responsibilities of deities and deities-wannabes. I'm so glad that they are sharing MW's suffering willingly. Even dear SOG who is always on his case!

35 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Where did you get this information? I read 16 epis. wherever I checked.

It's now ep 20 - Netflix updated the Ep listing to 20. 

It's just another 6 more EP - what surprises will we get? 

Maybe this time around instead of SOG it's MW who saves SM from the coffin and in doing so reveals her actual lineage. I really wonder about their relationship (and someone pointed out their habits of carrying brollies). It'll really explain why SM can see ghosts etc if she turns out to be related to them. If Nachal's punishment is to go through reincarnation etc, it's totally possible that their child has too. 

I also wonder if PK would do something rash to save Buja. He doesn't seem to be thinking straight when it comes to BJ. Maybe he will also betray MW and OTP to save BJ. *gasps*

• Like 8

Just now, hikaru_dawn said:

The thing with Hwayugi is that this drama is too unpredictable which is both a good thing and a frustratin one. So I won't worry about the cliffhanger. Remember last week when were so frustrated that An San Nyeo "bewitched" Oh Gong at the end of the episode which made it that week's cliffhanger? I am relly curious about this week's cliffhanger and I'm sure there would be a twist to all of this. I just hope that Sam Jang would learn how to use her powers properly from now on

I second that. 

Last week my prediction that OG will be bewitched is wrong, although my prediction about the ASN and KDS teaming together will likely come true (based on BTS yesterday with evil little girl)

i’m sure next week we will get a twist from Jsm..

and today proves the best love story happened..(a true love exists as OG wanted to sacrifice for JSM and SM wanted to sacrifice so that OG willnot be killed by her) 

this is also for confirming to the other demons that OG and SM’s love IS TRUE, despite initial GGG’s influence in the beginning. 

And i guess all the deities in heaven will be touched by their love story (in the end) and will help them somehow via someone...

or even more WG’s guilty conscience will start to appear next week. 

• Like 6

@bebebisous33 i like the parallel u drew between SM and Jesus Christ. SM will definitely come out from the tomb.. Just how..  Is it because SOG calls her or the heavens raise her up..

i m sure it must be due to love..just whose love will be the one to move the heavens...Will it be the love of friends -  the demons come together to save SM OR Will it be the love between lovers - Samjang and OG...?  I am wondering if Buja's love for SM be also a possibility - love of a family.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

I second that. 

Last week my prediction that OG will be bewitched is wrong, although my prediction about the ASN and KDS teaming together will likely come true (based on BTS yesterday with evil little girl)

i’m sure next week we will get a twist from Jsm..

and today proves the best love story happened..(a true love exists as OG wanted to sacrifice for JSM and SM wanted to sacrifice so that OG willnot be killed by her) 

this is also for confirming to the other demons that OG and SM’s love IS TRUE, despite initial GGG’s influence in the beginning. 

And i guess all the deities in heaven will be touched by their love story (in the end) and will help them somehow via someone...

or even more WG’s guilty conscience will start to appear next week. 

What if....the moment Oh Gong put on the ring and Seon Mi saying she'll protect him if he calls her name is already a contract? That would be interesting

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

What if....the moment Oh Gong put on the ring and Seon Mi saying she'll protect him if he calls her name is already a contract? That would be interesting

Yeah!! That would be really great!

contract with human cant be broken, according to their rule , right? 

• Like 6

But OG already call JSM name but she is not appear so maybe the ring is not a contract yet just a conversation.

Anyway I just realized, OG tends to call JSM as Jin Sun Mi not Samjang when there is only the two of them but when he with others demon he always call her Samjang, looks like our OG not want to show his warm heart to others demons hahaha *trying to focus on another things of the otp so it can help to stay healthy after the very heartbreak ending

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

I think it is 20 episode, as Netflix has already confirmed there are ep 19 and ep 20 which sub will be available on 9 march..which means the ending will be on 4th of march. 

Tvn has made an official deal  with netflix so i guess we can be safely assured. 

And speaking of Netflix, who here watches the show again over on that platform? (Raises hand). I tend to like to see the difference in translations to better understand the meaning, idea or points. And also I think it’s a fun show. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dvrels said:

But OG already call JSM name but she is not appear so maybe the ring is not a contract yet just a conversation.

Anyway I just realized, OG tends to call JSM as Jin Sun Mi not Samjang when there is only the two of them but when he with others demon he always call her Samjang, looks like our OG not want to show his warm heart to others demons hahaha *trying to focus on another things of the otp so it can help to stay healthy after the very heartbreak ending

He doesnt wanna appear as cutie softie whose stone heart has been melted due to “insignificant human” JSM..this is where his pride still rules over heart...

he is the Great Sage equal to Heaven..after all. :glasses:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, nrbrown said:

And speaking of Netflix, who here watches the show again over on that platform? (Raises hand). I tend to like to see the difference in translations to better understand the meaning, idea or points. And also I think it’s a fun show. 

Me !! 

There is a difference , for example on ep 9 Nachal is called Queen Mother , and then OG also said “why did she meet you in the beginning?” instead of usual subtitle “why did she date you in the beginning? 

I think i will never be tired to watch hwayugi for many times  (well except ep 12) and watch them in a different subtitle to understand better on its meaning..

3 weeks left ...and im not sure on how  i will continue my life after this drama ends ... *sobs*

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

Except the contract asked nothing of him. It was mainly a contract asking stuff of her. And unlike him, it's not like she's compelled to obey any contracts.  :) I think the happy thing though is OG is unlikely to sleep with fake SM when she wakes up in his arms based on him already knowing that fake zombie chick had stolen SM's soul away. 

I have to say separately that I love the speculation about who MW's kid was and if they he/she died or not. I have a gut feeling that fake zombie chick has something to do with this. If she turns out to be the daughter of MW and Nachal, that'd be one thing. All the more so since she apparently eats souls (and whole people based on whatever happened to the 2 thugs).  I also love the idea that SM's family line somehow went back to that child. :)  

• Like 5

wait14.png

Feeling depressed from the latest cliffhanger or still waiting to see the episode? How about a laugh? :wink:

Hwayugi Funny, Firey Fill-In-the-Blanks

What it is:

Ever tried to run a piece of Korean text about your beloved drama through Google Translate, and come up with something absolutely absurd? This is a game that mimics that, but you get to create the absurdity. :D

How the game works:

-The game host (for now that's me, Zelda) selects a short piece of text, such as a text preview, song lyrics, or a short scene from the drama, and then prepares a word list for you to fill out without knowing what the short piece of text is about.

-PM your filled out word list to @Zelda with a capital "Z". (Please note: @zelda with a lowercase "z" is a different user.) Submissions are accepted until Tuesday at 22hrs/10pm KST.

-The game host will insert your chosen words into the piece of text, and one to two days later, everyone's custom Fill-In-the-Blanks text will be posted in this thread for us to laugh about together. :D

Word examples:

Get inspiration from Kdrama memes! (Non-Kdrama related words are welcome too!)

Nouns: ajummah, wife, husband, fauxcest, truck, model, snack, subtitles, bowl, episode, extension, shower scenes, bias, military, abs, etc.

Nouns describing a person: ajummah, wife, husband, oppa, noona, omma, appa, halmoni, harubji, second lead, main lead, serial killers, villains, gangsters, teacher, secretary, driver, cook, housekeeper, etc.

Verb: read, want, feel, see, need, experience, watch, face palm, learn, sing, dance, cry, laugh, sleep, snore, tickle, cook, etc.

Adjective: hungry, surprised, amazing, tragic, funny, confusing, passionate, sad, happy, pink, fluffy, etc.

Terms of endearment: Yeobo, Chagiya, Oppa, Dear, etc.

Name a Kdrama celebrity who is not part of this cast: Yoo Seung-ho, Suzy, Park Shin-hye, Ji Sung, etc.

Tag on a reaction phrase for extra laughs! (optional):

Got a great reaction phrase to watching your favorite Kdrama? If the word list asks for a reaction phrase, feel free to write a full sentence or two. Will it match the text or will it not? Enjoy this mini-game of chance! :wink:

Examples:

"No, please don't do this to me!"

"Feeling so hungry. Should I also get a subway?"

"I am in love with Oppa."

"How can there not be a shower scene when Oppa is sad!?"

"Of course, the second lead loves her. That's his job!"

"I want to squeal over the kiss, but my mom is watching the drama with me."

Without further ado, this week's word list!

(Feel free to pick from the above examples or come up with your own words!)

List 1

Noun:
Verb:
Noun (describing a person):
Noun:
Noun:
Verb:
Adjective:
Name a Kdrama celebrity who is not part of this cast:
Verb:

Reaction phrase (optional):

List 2 is posted here!

Example of a filled in list:

Spoiler

Noun: subtitles
Verb: face palm
Noun (describing a person): secretary
Noun: extension
Noun: husband
Verb: dance
Adjective: passionate
Name a Kdrama celebrity who is not part of this cast: Jang Na-ra
Verb: sing

Reaction phrase (optional): "Feeling so hungry. Should I also get a subway?"

Credit goes to @Lmangla for coming up with so many examples and the reaction phrase idea and to the original Mad Libs for inspiring this game.

Tagging: @stargazer187

Edited by Zelda
Adding link to List 2
  • Like 6