[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

9 minutes ago, isabelly said:

Hi! I have a. question ... Any comments of knetizens?

On Hwayugi gallery I have seen comments like "Hong Sisters, retire", "if you have a conscience stop writing". LMAO

But yeah the general consensus there (from what I've seen) is people unsatisfied with the ending.. I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings dropped considering most people watched it for otp.

Sorry, to me no matter how "logical" the ending may seem to some, it is still not logical to end like that imo because the plot is illogical to begin with and all the foreshadowing. They just couldn't give us at least 2 seconds of closure could they.

• Like 8
  • LOL 7

I just can’t crying! JUST CRYING!!! Why so sad open end?!!!!! I didn’t expect wedding, little kids-monkey and a dog (ok, be honest, I do expect it:bawling:), but this end is the worst!!! So many questions! Will SOG be able to find SM, and even if he finds her what will she turn into? A deity, demon? Will she remember him? Hong Sisters are so cruel!!! I believe till the last minute that they let us see SOG finds SM!!! 

I just can’t! It’s too heart wrenching! I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch another Korean drama in the   next few months! I need a break!! 

• Sad 6

Calming down a bit

after being so angry thinking that i'm gonna forget this drama

but the moment i woke up, i remember my otp again

i can't move on!!!!!! I still love them with all my heart

still think the amnesia plot was unnecessary. Oh Yeon seo didn't have to run around in the same clothes in the last ep...

still glad that reincarnation is def out of question for OG lol. Thay scene should have been done sooner where he fetched his bride. Sunmi is def not a human anymore , get married, and live in Sireumdong forever

In conclusion god in this drama is indeed a richard simmons

Dear Minigold, say goodbye to selling you ring and necklace. You should sue Hong sisters

• Like 8

Ik the drama wasn't perfect, nor was the ending fullfilling but I just fell in love with all the characters. Especially SOG and Sunmi, I just love them a lot and they'll always have a special place in dramaland to me

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, booho said:
our OTP couple sit together ahhahaahha

I'm gonna be a brazen , annoying and shameless shipper because of fhe ending  nanananananana~~~

remember this Hong sisters, you have awoken the shippers demon

just date my beautiful otp. Date!!! Get married after both your movies are done 

:wacko::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 16

1 hour ago, isabelly said:

Hi! I have a. question ... Any comments of knetizens?

They are raging at the ending. I think DC closed comments? Or at least they stopped comments for awhile on one of the posts or something like that. Also, no one is mentioning the DVD, they are all just raging and talking about everyething wrong. Like how Seon-mi's eye was red and not gold (OG's eyes are supposed to glow gold). They go into super detail about other things too, like how the CG was a college or high school project and they think the PD used the money for other means. They seriously go on and on and on, I think that is why the comments were closed? But maybe it was only temporarily closed.

I am closing out Hwayugi in confusion, but I was so happy to watch this drama with everyone here! I hope to see you all again in another thread, have a great day everyone. :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Hong sisters are so stupid

they are back on good track with this drama comeback but with this ending people are enrage wanting them to retire

yes i hate you both for breaking my heart. my most beautiful otp ever...how

can you do this to the actors? 

Seriously don't ever think about coming back

• Like 7

OK - watched both episodes.

Small thing to throw out there... anyone who is upset at the ending (as rushed as it seemed).... you haven't truly watched enough korean dramas lately. :) 

Watch something like Marriage Contract. The main couple end up together, but with a time limit because she was dying. And before she died you knew it was going to get very bad because she had brain cancer. Literally the show ended in a very bittersweet way and it wasn't a fantasy with a god as a main character who could believably go to the next world to bring her back and keep her from dying ever again. That seriously was the last drama that had me CRYING at the end. And those main characters believably really had chemistry. There was this kiss in the rain where they were totally full contact kissing with wandering hands that um... was pretty hot. :wub:  Bridal Mask was the other one which completely devastated me and I was not made happy by the glory and hurrah of that ending because that show just broke me by what they chose to do there with the main couple.

And if you want to see LSG in something a lot more happy - watch King2Hearts and You are All Surrounded. There's really tragic parts in both shows (yep, had me crying), but you have the main characters together and smooching at the end. 

Nothing bad about Korean Odyssey which I really love too. I'm planning to buy the DVD when it comes out. I actually LOVED the fact that they transitioned into OG's last scene with the upbeat "hey-hey-hey-hey-guitar solo" music (LOL)... and he took his monkey statue with (and how did it fit in his suitcase? LOL).... and I wish people who know Korean geography better than me could take a stab at where he was driving.

The funny thing was being Western and all that - my brain was initially broken trying to figure out what this "underworld" would be? Because generalized question I asked was "don't they all just waft around until it's time to be reborn???" LOL. Then I remembered my Kamisama Hajimemashita and really hope that poor SM didn't end up in the Korean version that place. o_O  

***Almost forgot. He gave SM one of his demon eyes (or monkey god eyes???). My first thought was he did that because she'd still be able to see OTHER THINGS if he brings her back. Meaning the part of her that was SJ would likely be gone so she'd really be an ordinary human without the gift of the eye. It also was a connection between them. 

I was also puzzling over what he said about being able to recognize her no matter what shape she is in. I trying to guess whether they were implying he was covering his bases in case she is reincarnated before he gets to her. And uh, the eye will prevent her from turning out like Princess Iron Fan post MW/BR/OG taking the hits for her - ie, clean slate, not remembering anything from her past life, etc.... 

Am I overthinking the eye thing? 

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, booho said:
our OTP couple sit together ahhahaahha

Wait I don’t see him, is he next to her or at the seats in front? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)

It's not the ending I wanted but I am curious... How does the Korean audience feel about the conclusion of EP 20??  Since the script is an adaptation of the classic 400 year old novel Journey Into West. There has to be a preset expectation on the ending for the general audience who already know the original well.
How did it conclude...was the completely open?   Did they meet again?

As a westerner... I need an example so I can relate to how on the expectations I would have if someone changed a 500 year old work like....Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet. In those dramas/plays I would expect a tragic ending where everyone of importance dies, no matter the adaptation. If a writer changed the ending to a happy one, it would undoubtedly suprise or even shock me a bit...Changing the ending of the story, would change the entire story as a whole. 
 I have to ask myself...  Is my frustration with the Hong sisters a bit unreasonable. If I had a cultural and historical exposure to the story growing up in Asia instead of the west, would I see the ending with different eyes?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, aunniek said:

If anyone is still around and has the inclination, would you be able to translate this article please?

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002683061

They're basically saying farewell to the character OG whom they cherished as much as LSG who portrayed him. Some say that OG was very cool and how much they liked him, others say how perfect LSG was in his portrayal of OG ('from visuals to acting it was perfect') and are feeling grateful that it was him who acted him (and not BG lol, he would have been way too baby faced IMO)

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, dubuqueen said:

They're basically saying farewell to the character OG whom they cherished as much as LSG who portrayed him. Some say that OG was very cool and how much they liked him, others say how perfect LSG was in his portrayal of OG ('from visuals to acting it was perfect') and are feeling grateful that it was him who acted him (and not BG lol, he would have been way too baby faced IMO)

Thanks so much @dubuqueen!!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, aunniek said:

If anyone is still around and has the inclination, would you be able to translate this article please?

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002683061

Basically it's this article itself but just LSG part.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/03/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-lee-hong-ki-share-thoughts-ahead-hwayugi-finale/

• Like 2