[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Dear writer-nim,

You really gave us a really excellent drama. I never thought that I need LSG - OYS pairing in my life until you guys decided to make this drama and casted them together. Thank you for that and thank you for the story. I love their love story and the roller coaster drama you put in this drama. And for the ending...

tumblr_p52l87WOo01x1ecjho1_500.gif

Sincerely,

Me :tongue:

ps. I hope another drama or movie will cast LSG and OYS again together.

• Like 5
  • LOL 14

4 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

Just a special is all I need. I mean how about her prediction in her sec's daughter wedding?

Yes just another special episode please to show more scene and happy ending

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

Honestly, the underlining of the ending isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it's a complete open ending, since it's hinting that SOG will definitely find SM and they'll become deities or whatever together. There's usually a bittersweetness to the ending itself when it's left open, but I think the bittersweetness doesn't lie in the ending of a fictional piece of work this time, but in the reality that it didn't live up to expectations. It's not the ending that's bittersweet, it's the audience that feels bittersweet about it, if that makes sense. I guess what i'm saying is, everyone needs to calm down, and then see the hope in the ending. 

I do get and appreciate that the ending stays true to SOG's character and the setup of 503 couple to fight together and obviously on their way to being deities. But at least they should've made an effort to show partly of it? I dont even mind if they made something as bad as the CG black dragon. Something like SOG came to underworld with shitty cave graphics and met eyes with SJ and gave assuring nods to each other lol

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

It seems most of the fans didn't like this ending but I liked it. It was a happy ending for me , we know he will bring her back and makes her immortal .

To be honest my girl friend is a gumiho had a really lame happy ending and I was afraid to see something like that again so I preferred a sad ending more than something like that but this one was much better .

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, sana82 said:

It seems most of the fans didn't like this ending but I liked it. It was a happy ending for me , we know he will bring her back and makes her immortal .

To be honest my girl friend is a gumiho had a really lame happy ending and I was afraid to see something like that again so I preferred a sad ending more than something like that but this one was much better .

yup for me i like it too, because the ending feeling is positive and really light, because this is a Journey to the west spin off story, i don;t have a high hope the ending is a happy ending like  son oh gong become human or samjang become deity , because in the real story of sun wu kong, they still have a "journey" until the end , he still a great sage, a deity from heaven

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

even tho' the ending was bad, but I did enjoy the drama at the begining until the middle, I did love out OTP and other characters, specialy General Frost and Fairy Ha. the OTP chemistry was amazing, the bromance was sweet, secretary Ma, and OJ loyalty was solid.

the cast did amazing job, their acting was flawless, I laugh and cried with them. 

thank you guys for all the translation, analysis, prediction and insights on every episode. I really enjoy reading all of them.

so, goodbye for now, and see you all in another drama, hopefully with a much better ending than this.

• Like 10

Hello Chingus,

I stopped watching this show on episode 4 bc I was starting to feel super attched to the OTP and somehow it felt like Another Goblin was on the way... Goblins ending completely devastated me, Im still not over it and decided to marathon Hwayugi after it ended just in case.. NOW thats never gonna happen and Im so glad I did so.

I really feel for all of you guys who have been following this live. It does feel like an insult to end things in such a lame way. I really think these dramas should be pre produced to deliver prpper quality and avoid poor and rushed eriting, especially at the end. It is not fair on the actors who work so hard and in the audience who stays loyal and unconditional until the end. I learnt my lesson with Goblin, in my opinion kdrama cant be watched live, your heart may be shattered...

• Like 4

It was one hell of a ride.. but reading everyone’s comments here in the forum really made the drama more enjoyable.

the ending is what it is, and i decided to just accept it, knowing that SM is probably immortal now. She didn’t reincarnate, and OG will find her, and they will be reunited :)

I didn’t regret chasing Hwayugi till the very end. I mean, look at that smoking hot Lee Seung Gi! This drama has turned me into a LSG and OYS fan, and i’ll be sure to watch all of their future works from now on.

Goodbye for now everyone! Hope to see all of you again in another drama. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

Haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet..... so maybe I'll feel cheated after all when I do watch them? :)

But my perspective on the ending on reading the recap = it's fine.

Seriously, it would have been better if they showed him driving the OTHER WAY on that bridge and reaching down to hold somebody's hand and showing the rings before showing him smiling and fading out. That would have been more closure than the buildup of hope which the writers left us with.

If they add one more minute to the last episode to SHOW this, I'd be very happy.  :wink: 

But buildup of hope = fine.

I don't think they need a 2nd season.

I don't think there's enough plot for a 2nd season. Or not enough plot without UNDOING everything that was neatened up at the end of 20?

OG and SM are already in love, they've already consummated that love, and they are already sworn to find each other and live hea. They aren't "together" at the end, but it seems pretty clear that they WILL BE. There was no where else to go. Even "marriage" was already DONE in the series. 

All other ends have been tied up neatly.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I am speechless , that was literally the worst ending they could have possibly given us imo :bawling:  Im seriously offended at how bad it was, how did the show go from being this amazingly cute fluffy show to giving us one of the most garbage endings I've ever witnessed.I never expected to get so attached to this show but yet here I am feeling like I got stabbed with the sword too. I feel betrayed that that we spent three months supporting this drama and the Hong sisters repaid us with such a lazy, craptastic end. The first 18 episodes are my absolute faves and I will always love them so I guess I'm just going to pretend that the last 2 episodes never happened.

I just wanna say a big thank you to the cast, they’ve been amazing and I appreciate every single one of them, they were all perfect in their respective roles. And to LSG and OYS, can I just say WOW, as someone who has watched many Korean dramas; this is the first time I’ve been completely blown away by the leads’ chemistry. I really really hope to see them together again in whatever capacity that may be :lol:

• Like 8

Now i'm curious if leeseunggi and cha seungwon go to wrap up party or not ? ahahhahaha

i will wait for english sub and downloadall of ep, for me hwayugi is one of best drama , and i put it on my favourite drama list 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

me too.. I'm glad that I watched this drama live so that I could join in shipper's forum and this forum while its active and share some happy and sad things together.

if I watched it later maybe the forum isn't this active anymore.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, briseis said:

The moment featuring Son Oh Gong heading off to hell to get his Seon Mi back is awesome but not for a conclusion. That’s something that should have happened in the first half of the episode which should have started with that goodbye on Namsan. What was the point of that pointless and ilogical amnesia plot?! Nothing it only killed 60 minutes of the episode - 60 minutes that ended up being a complete filler instead of giving answers and closure. The final episode was all over the place and anticlimatic.

Such an ending would be appropriate if there was going to be an epilogue, a movie or a second season but there won’t be so it feels incomplete and unsatisfying. The viewer doesn’t doubt that OG will get SM back since he is a deity now and can meddle with the fate of humans and no god can really compare to his powers. However, the point of watching 20 episodes of drama is because you expect a closure which unfortunately didn’t happen. It’s not the worst ending ever but one of the most unsatisfying definitely.

Yupp, Hwayugi The movie will be great ahahahha, but i don't think about hong sister will make hwayugi into a big screen LOL, son oh gong become immortal / deity because he erase his name in the death-life book, so he won't die or reincarnated, but yeah to take sunmi for the land of death is just a piece of cake for him  ahahahha 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6