[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

At least... SM got to do the things she wanted right? She kissed OG one last time, hugged him one last time, ate teobbokki, cotton candies..

with one eye of OG, i don’t think she’s a normal spirit anymore in the land of the dead. 

Let’s just imagine that SOG finally meets her again in the land of the dead and both of them can create havoc in heavens together :)

• Like 10

I am still in a denial.. what the heck is the ending!! Come on Hong sisters!! just few minutes scenes of our OTP together.. Really not satisfied with the ending.. If before I am so sad over the ending of black and goblin..but this is even worse.. At least in Black n Goblin the OTP were together in the last scene!! Poor OYS & LSG..they are great actor&actress.. I pity OYS much, she got much hate because of how the write up her character! Now they end her character just like that..why?! I will take EP18 my last episode!!

anyway, did LSG went to the after party??

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Anyway, is LSG coming to the wrap party? 

THAT IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION. I WANNA KNOW TOO.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not abuse CAPS button, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

I feel like strangling hong sisters

my otp huhuhuhuhuhuhu

i don't want to be a delusional shippers but please date and get married already

this touchig love story became such a joke because of that one ending. Gonna take ep 19 morning scene as the ending. Enough said

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2

Okay.. TvN already know that peopel asked for happy ending... There's 89 percent but then 11 percent maybe Hong Sisters people who wanna spoiled that we can not get what we want......

Seriously I know thats SOG is deity now and he free to drink alchohol now, and then he bring all his items and wanna go to dead land??? What the point is that??????

Why you waste Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo acting to be trash like that??????? I hate you Hong Sisters..... I hope one of their people or Hong Sisters themselves read this forum, so they know how bad their writing.....

I will never look your project anymore

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

At least we didn't get the crappy reincarnation storyline. When SOG was speeding away in his car and talking about going to JSM. I thought she was born somewhere and calling for him since he gave her his one eye.

Not the best ending but not the worse. But still, Hong sister! I wanted my kisses, wedding and babies! I swear it feels like I and other fans here came up with better endings than the one we were given.

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

The writers after finishing ep 19 thought that 'what would be the best way to torture the loyal viewers for the next six months so that they can't watch anything else' then they wrote the script for episode 20.

Like we haven't suffered enough for the last two months. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

Should I be more sensitive and overreact over the ending? :lol::lol: It's a drama for god's sake...aka not real. At least it wasn't a sad ending. It was lazy writing, but at least they didn't make it sad...I'm a bit dissappointed as well, but what can you do other than accept it? Plus, no one ever said the baby was their baby...

The lazy writing broke everyone hearts

• Like 2

Honestly, the underlining of the ending isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it's a complete open ending, since it's hinting that SOG will definitely find SM and they'll become deities or whatever together. There's usually a bittersweetness to the ending itself when it's left open, but I think the bittersweetness doesn't lie in the ending of a fictional piece of work this time, but in the reality that it didn't live up to expectations. It's not the ending that's bittersweet, it's the audience that feels bittersweet about it, if that makes sense. I guess what i'm saying is, everyone needs to calm down, and then see the hope in the ending. 

• Like 8

ME RIGHT NOW!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The other drama that I watched from Hong sisters was My Girlfriend is a Gumiho & it ended good..

But they ruined everything here!!! get out crazy rabbitget out crazy rabbitget out crazy rabbit

Ooops, sorry @Jillia I just can't help it..lol! Thanks for editing my post :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 minute ago, Wendy Wang said:

Honestly, the underlining of the ending isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it's a complete open ending, since it's hinting that SOG will definitely find SM and they'll become deities or whatever together. There's usually a bittersweetness to the ending itself, but I think the bittersweetness doesn't lie in the ending of a fictional piece of work this time, but in the reality that it didn't live up to expectations. It's not the ending that's bittersweet, it's the audience that feels bittersweet about it, if that makes sense.

Yeah it would have been awesome to see actually, I think thats one of the bigger reasons people are disappointed

• Like 2

Just read the recap and feeling really let down. The series started really well and was so promising... but the ending really tanked.

Seems like 20th episode is just dragging on for no reason at all. What's the purpose of JSM dying,  SOG losing memories and JSM coming back for one day? The ending really had no meaning at all. 

I don't hate the Hong sisters. In fact it's their writing that brought to life the characters of SOG, MW, JSM, etc.

This is reel life and a form of escapism for some of us from the real world. It's not really "life" and so to have an opening ending is really uncool. Already life is not easy, being in school can be tough, working life can be awful. Sometimes we face so many ambiguities and so many tough scenarios. So I don't need my dramas to be ambiguous. As a viewer I prefer one ending or another. Open endings are terrible and esp reflects poorly on the writers when there's absolutely no reason to have an open ending. You end up pleasing no one and at best people are just neutral to it. 

So writers, you did a good job but it could've been much better. Too many loopholes and unanswered questions. Please don't rush through the script writing, you are wasting a stellar cast with great chemistry and viewers' emotions. 

Anyhow thanks all for the wonderful commentaries. It's been an awesome journey and I hope I'll be back someday.. When a drama with a good plot comes along! 

• Like 12

Okay seriously I'm so mad... They ruined CITT and now they made it worse for Hwayugi... Fixed I wanna make this hashtag in IG and twitter now #HongSistersJustTheWorstWriterEver #BannedHongSistersFromDramaLand #BannedHongSister #NeverBelieveHongSIstersWorksAgain

• Like 5

Oh Yeon Seo once again betrayed by a drama ending :bawling:

i remember her sobbing so hard on the wrap up party of SOGC cos she was  only told that they wefe shooting a hug reunion scene but when she watched the real ep, it became a reunion in the after life.

gah... ep19 is the ending. That's it.. 

ep 20 writing is just sloppy and beyond lazy

• Sad 9