[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

38 minutes ago, sana82 said:

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/03/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-lee-hong-ki-share-thoughts-ahead-hwayugi-finale/

Based on this interview i think LSG didn't like the ending as well. So I won't have high hopes for today's ep.

I've checked the original article in Korean. What LSG said has nothing to do with the ending. :)

“아쉬움이 크고 시원섭섭하지만 마지막까지 모든 걸 다 쏟아내서 후회는 없습니다.”

"It leaves much to be desired. I feel bittersweet. However, I gave it my all until the very end, so I have no regrets.”

The former parts are what Korean actors and actresses commonly say as they finish their drama.

He said 'much to be desired,' but I doubt that he is unhappy with the ending. 

I think what he's implying is that "I feel like I could have done better (probably with his acting.)" :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

After rewatching the episode in the morning, I've realized why I felt so disappointed and underwhelmed by the big fight with the Dragon. I built it up too much in my head. I expected ALL the demons to help and there to be an actual hell's door with millions black demons standing inside the door, trying to get out and then turning into a Dragon. I didn't expect MW wanting to sit out and let SOG handle it. What kind of friend does that? I expected PK to be useful and fight too, Dragon Prince to use his water power to fight against the Dragon's fire. GF to use his power, which he did. But even with everyone fighting, the Dragon would be too powerful and will start winning so JSM would have cut her hand and called the Dragon to enter her. SOG would have gone crazy trying to save her and remove the Dragon which would have needed all the "good" Demons to hold him back while JSM stabbed herself with her powers to kill the Dragon. SOG would have cried out and cradled her close to his body and vanished to Sereumdong where she would die in his arms(just like in the episode).

In comparison to what I imagined, what we got felt a little too anti-climatic. I also pictured the fight to be more fierce than just with energies.

Ah well, it wasn't as bad as I expected either so I am OK with what we got now.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

tvN open the poll vote before final & no.1 of course :wub:

TVn is inviting viewers to guess how the drama will end. Happy ending vs Sad ending. 

I want Happy ending!!!! Absolutely!!!! 

• Like 7

ok, time for some good vibes :glasses::joy:

has anyone ever wonder why we didn't see any scene that SOG aka Monkey King eating a banana??! Also, at this preview, he's eating an apple. ROFLOL! Maybe, he saved his precious banana when JSM comes back after she died & they'll happily eating the banana together in love leafLMAO! I know, this is an angst scene but I just can't... laugh leaf Mianhe!

giphy.gif

anyways, Thank you for blessing us those beautiful gifs @briseis you've posted here. I know a few amazing people who posts gifs immediately & so, definitely, you're one of the best :wub:

on a serious note, after repeatedly watching the ep 20 preview, I realized something. SOG might actually locked himself on his own home not only because no one can enter it unless he allow others but also because it is the place where SM died :( We all know that he's the Great Sage & he could go anywhere else to get away from everyone but he still chose this place. & that garden was supposed to be their wedding spot but it ended up being the place where SM took her last breath crying1 onion headdepressed1 onion headdying onion head (Ok, I was supposed to post a good vibes but I ended up posting this one. Mianhe :sweatingbullets:)

& definitely "NO TO REINCARNATION PLEASE!!"

Spoiler

giphy.gif

& now, it's only less than 4 hrs for the finale. SEPANX MODE ON crying1 onion head I'm gonna miss the amazing chemistry between LSG & OYS, despite all the scandals they both had, I'm still hoping for the real score between them :tongue:

and definitely, we will surely have the:
HAPPY ENDING! cheer3 onion headhappy onion headhell yes onion headpretty onion head

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

TVn posted new stills. 

yo We're Lucifer family family~

His handsomeness's just proved his DNA. #It's father rather than MW^^#It's urgent matter deciding how to be addressed.

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420e365d83cb5cf631afc3c3cf57c8c7cf3161a2de780552abc4b1a62c622d105e127e2c2807c374c1ae286b07928c9e9037d7e3c9bbc27a805ce45

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420a7318251bfc663189a375e2430ab0e9e84bdc319784150580d751997bd127cabdc032c73878c6674549e02669a79d63d378cc94dae988f06abccef74202c

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420a7318251bfc663189a375e2430ff5095d1bbc5437941542e7c7b31fd0cba8d420345ead850b679f7ac9925e3c115a981e12d1a394bcf2ea234977c6a45a1

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97a936c94bb4caa4420a7318251bfc663189a375e2430ff5a9c85bfc9147841505f7d017f8ec7953c9fceec2b6cef8bf38266621681a03df6cff6f2c08b857e06092d74328c80d5

• Like 6

Is there a reason why SOG was never ousted to KDS? Even the battle where KDS was supposed to be present, he ran away and SOG fought alone. Is this a set up so SOG can live a happy public life with deity JSM? Imagine KDS face when JSM and SOG turn up already married or about to be married. He will be terrified. :lol: He must already be cursing himself for running away. ASN disappeared too. I am sure his support must have turned on him the minute he turned his back on the Dragon. So SOG and his wealth must have been his last resort.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

This isa bit out of topic but regarding the bts. May i take it positively that this time round her co-star (aka Lee Seunggi) didn't treat her like a guy ? 

because in all her projects she always ended up being a male dongsaeng to all of them :D. Kwon sang woo even play with her by grabbing her collar cos how strong she is ...  Rain and Joowon are the same too. 

Even her female co stars in Take off 2 said that she looks a girl from a rich family but her real personality is one kind of a guy (poor YeonSeo)

i won't be surprised if the wrap  up party will be them avoiding each other. Yeonseo usually takes funny selca with her Male leads so i can see these 2 are trying so hard to avoid any scandal.

i see some comments on Naver starts questioning "are you sure these two are

not dating?"

l

Exactly. Most of her male costars treat her as a guy and her female costars are clingy of her. Like Lee El now and Seyoung (Bu Ja). So its so weird for Seung Gi and her to be so unbelievingly civil? With all that chemistry? Maybe TVN is helping them? LOLOLOLOOL

• Like 5

We are almost at the end people! Can't wait for episode 20. Just sharing my thoughts on what might happen. 

1. Definitely happy ending. So far the writers have been pretty consistent in giving closure to what they teased before; various scenes on/near bed and the actual bed scene, OG saying I love you to SM saying it again and again; I'm thinking we'll definitely get a wedding scene. 

2. I have a feeling MW made a deal regarding OG/ SM with the heavenly realm during the meeting with SBR. If I'm not mistaken, SBR said the heaven accepts his term, and then MW was offered deityhood and a star which he refused (or rather Sec Ma refused for him, he's almost tempted haha.. Typical MW) so I think it's not something for himself. Also brings me to another point:

3. OG'S choice. MW mentioned OG's choice twice during the fight against the dragon. Maybe this is related to the deal he made? 

4. Heaven by proxy of SBR wants OG back in Heaven. Does this means he's back to being a deity? Or there is something else? I have a niggling suspicion that this is somehow a way for SM and OG to be together.

5. I think OG will pretend to lose his memories. But he will visit all the places where he made those memories with SM only to finally meet the spirit SM who actually lost her memories. And SM would somehow regain her memories and they made up right before her time is up and she vanishes. 

6. GGG could also be a factor in bringing SM back. We saw that GGG helped OG in his last fight as it glowed with power. I wonder why that is so? GGG was meant as a restraint by way of his heart. And it is also a link between him and SM. So when he took it off and willingly put it back on, maybe it now works differently, hence why SM is now not able to take it off.

7. The peddler grandmother. I think she's much higher ranked than SBR, and to think of it, she was the actual brain that orchestrated the whole thing. She somehow knew that Heaven's plan would not happen as they expected it to. She even kept Red Boy as her grandson, against the Heavens which indicates her mercy and kindness. I think there will be a way for everything to work out in the end. 

I'm to giddy now. Need. Episode. Soon!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1