[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

I was just thinking about ASY.  Is it too much to hope that she will help OG bring back SM? Like you know, since she's been telling everybody that she is a priestess and all that. I mean, why is she still there? For closure? Or higher purpose?? And SM still has her ring. Maybe that will bring her back again to OG. 

HECK. I'm willing to accept anything. ANYTHING. Except the reincarnation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No reincarnation!!!!!

they have been talking about being rewarded as deities all the time. Can't believe they chose to kill poor sunmi so easily but ASN still wandering around till the end 

For the sake of my sanity, i will take the opening scene as the ending.  I have to teach my student a sad piece tomorrow.. she might think i'm crazy if i suddenly start bawling 

i don't have any courage to watch tomorrow ep. What to do

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Awww take heart everyone. TBH, I don't think they will go for the reincarnation route.. if only because I doubt that SOG is patient enough for that!  After some fake amnesia, sadness and then a rip-your-heart out and sob scene, I think SOG will go and get his JSM back. Ain't no heavens gonna stand between a monkey king and his true love. Maybe the peddlar (who I still think is Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy) will somehow intercede. Have no idea HOW, but I've long since given up trying to figure out the logic behind this. Happy ending, happy ending!

• Like 10

The post-lovemaking scene.

SM: I love you.
OG: Yes
SM: I love you. I love you.
OG: Do you have so much built up inside you?
SM: Yes. Why did I keep it inside? I should have just poured it all out. That I loved you.
OG: Jin Seon Mi. I have something to brag about to you.
SM: What is it?
OG: There’s something. If I ever get to show it to you, you’re going to like it a lot.
SM: Yes

Somehow the very sweetness and warmth (and sexiness) of this scene is tinged with sadness, and the OST is definitely not helping, nor does having an inkling of what's to come. My heart nearly broke when OG is telling SM that he has something that will make her happy that he hopes he'll be able to show her at some point. OG is still so hopeful, but SM seems to be becoming more resigned to her fate.

If the first scenes of the episode where the OTP are together are making me teary-eyed already...

well i'm not too worried about tomorrow, they won't put the final ending scene in a preview anyway. i'm sure the namsan scene  is a smokescreen. it'd be a tearjerker for sure (good golly but LSG can cry worth a damn), but since they're still tied by the GGG and the ring, SM will remember his name and call him to wherever she is. then HEA as immortals

ps: i want one of SOG's monkey minion dolls, son yuk gong is so cute

• Like 8

Yes.  I don't think our hot tempered OG who can't even handle a day without Sunmi can accept the reincarnation route

the moment he loves and proposed to her, he already bound her to live in eternity with him. I'm holding on to this cos SOG character isn't someone who will kindly wait , he will do anything esp it involves Sunmi.

ASN and Buja deserve each other. They are dumb and stupid to the core

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

This scene was a really sad scene but it really showed how good LSG and OYS as actors and how good their chemistry. You can feel the love and the sadness in both of their eyes, expression, and words. When they hurt, they audience can feel the hurt as well. Standing ovation for OYS and LSG for giving us such a powerful performance. 

Their chemistry and acting in that scene is crazy.  They are the best acting partner for each other i have seen so far.  I have no words cos they ooze this deep , real, and sexy chemistry 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

I think Mawang did give OG the power to escape the god's trap? but, he should also help fight the dragon.

if he really wanted to help then he should've prevented him from being trapped in the first place

i'm just so done with MW rn, after all SOG did,  taking 10 of the divine punishments for MW's ungrateful richard simmons

• Like 8

Ok then, if i want to stay positive, then i am hoping that hong sisters will adapt the ending from “The Monkey King 2”.

To summarise the ending in that movie:

in the ending, buddha told the monk (SJ) on how the demonness can gain mercy, and the monk eventually chooses to sacrifice himself in order to do just that. So Sun wu kong (SOG) tearfully granted the monk’s wish and “kills” SJ by turning him into a statue. Eventually Guan Yin drops a bead of water which landed on SJ’s hand,  and eventually the surface cracks, revealing SJ’s finger (meaning SJ will come back alive). 

here is an extract of the ending from wiki:

Saddened, Tang begs Wukong to kill him, too. The Monkey King refuses at first, but Sanzang explains how he used to think he just had to recite Buddha's teachings to convince people to become good. Now he understands he must also lead by example and do good in order to convince people. Sanzang had to do this for his own journey towards enlightenment. Wukong finally understands the monk's desire to help the demoness change her fate, and tearfully agrees, promising Sanzang to wait for his return. Wukong brings his staff down and Sanzang's body is changed into a statue. In return Sanzang says if he gets a chance to do so in his next life, he would be glad to be Wukong's master again. Because of Sanzang's sacrifice, he succeeds in leading the demoness to her next reincarnation, freeing her of her pain and hatred.

Some time later, Wukong and his friends still wait for the return of the monk, but continue their journey to the Thunder Monastery. Wukong rides on Sanzang's horse with Sanzang's statue strapped to his back. From Heaven, Guanyin drops a bead of water from her magic vase that falls to earth and hits right at Sanzang's hand. The surface cracks, revealing a human finger underneath.

WITH THIS I HAVE HOPE. We have all established that the shopkeeper granny is the equivalent of Guan Yin. I believe she is the key to bring Sun Mi back. Whether or not it is as a diety or human being, i am certain Sun Mi will be back with her memories intact.

Notice the parallel in the ending?

1. "Sun Wu Kong promises Sanzang to wait for his return" --> SOG told Sun Mi to REMEMBER HIS NAME, and he will definitely find her again. 

2. Sanzang sacrificed himself and "dies" --> SM also sacrificed herself for the world

Oh lord have mercy on us viewers. Thanks. 

• Thanks 7

OYS and LSG moved my cold dead heart with their chemistry ... I honestly never feel anything when I watch a couple in a kdrama but this is one of the few(or only?) times I’ve actually cried more than once. lmao 

I was was a bit upset at the ep 20 preview but I’ll still keep my fingers crossed for a good ending...otherwise I’ll need to buy a new phone tomorrow because I’ll throw mine across the room. :’)

• Like 13

JSM just die like that?! Was so happy when there's a intimate scene between them but the ending part. Omggg. I cannot. 

I was only reading thru the comments here and already feel like cryinggg :bawling: how to watch the remaining eps??? 

If it's not happy end tmr, I guess I will skip these 2 eps. And pretend ep18 is the final ep. feels like I have wasted my time to chase this drama and get so swoony, worked up over it if they are going the reincarnation route. Sighhhh. 

And seems like there's still a lot to cover in tmrs ep. MW finding his son, OG & SM, ASN n PK.. & what about WG? 

Oh man. My heart is not prepared for all these!! Please let it be happy ending~~~

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

AHak! i think OG will try to do hard bargain or trick with skyland, the moment JSM remember his name, thats it ! his promises with JSM will activated, whe she call him he will go to her in skyland, and maybe he will said i already made this promise to this human to protect her FOREVER and come when ever she call my name, and he will used GGG as an excuse that he bond to her because of it and skyland have to be responsible for it by letting him stay with JSM forever, and POOF... they both back to earth..... and...  OG suddenly say "JSM did something for you, if you see it you will love it, what is it ? OG take off the GGG and said.. you are very pretty and i love you so much... deep long kiss .... baby vision ... the end... ( my version of happy ending in monkey kind of way ).....:heart: ps. i love and hate ep.19 at the same time:glasses:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Their chemistry and acting in that scene is crazy.  They are the best acting partner for each other i have seen so far.  I have no words cos they ooze this deep , real, and sexy chemistry 

Agree with you... I'm watching LSG's project (drama and movie, but not yet the sitcom), but after Military Service, he seriously got better than before and his chemistry that he built with OYS, really beyond my expectation...

Daebak... Eventhough they gave so little part of OYS in BTS. I will be one of people who will buy the PD's cut, if they don't make me mad with reincarnation route...

Agree... We have JSM and SOG contracts.

I hope someone here can explain.. Why after the kiss scene, when JSM repeat again "I love you", they not show JSM-SOG in bed? Why they show falling star, then flower then water then lamps??? Hehehehehehe

Oh yah, about the fallen star, will that help JSM-SOG ways to get happy ending?? Without our expectation, the necklace that Jhonathan gave to JSM gave chance to stay for 1 day before left because the death, seems like a chance to saying goodbye... 

Just curious what if the "fallen star" can be one of hint to helps... Because MW come to paddler, and the grandson brag about meet the fallen star.... *eventhough in the end, the fallen star thingy can be hint for MW about his son*

• Like 8

I thought the scene of these two in Namsan tower was said to be Sunmi treating OG coldly? He caress her face but her she shook it off->hug->kiss

so i'm holding on to my prayer.

I hate Mawang, ASN , and PK

if PK isn't that stupid in helping ASN again and again, Alice won't have to die for his sake

no wonder in ep 17 bts , the staff interviewed OYS "what do you feel about the demons?"

OYS: "Of course i hate them"

• Like 9

MW prevents PK from causing a scene at KDS and ASN.

MW: It’s late at night. Since we’re the ones being rude, we’ll at least leave for now. The issues we have with each other, we’ll sort it out later.
(PK tries to protest, but MW silences him and walks him out)
PK: Why are you letting that bastard live?
MW: Don’t make trouble. Let’s go quietly.
(PK sees ASN and tries to go towards her, but is restrained by MW)
ASN: Sam Jang must have told you everything.
MW: About that human, you with your tricky mind take care of him.
(MW walks PK out)
PK: How could you…? How could you…? How could you do this?

MW: How can you just rush in there without any thought?
PK: Then release me from this! Release me!
MW: You just won’t listen!
Alice: If he gets hit by you like that right now, he’ll die!
MW: It’s because this might happen that I’ve restricted you from using your strength! Huh! Just stay quiet for now. I have promised not to interfere with the work that Son Oh Gong is doing at the risk of his life! All of you have to follow my lead.
PK: Then are you going to let those things live?!
MW: Ah Sa Nyeo will die anyway! When the black dragon disappears, then Ah Sa Nyeo will disappear with it. And, Kang Dae Sung will be ruined. Until then, don’t cause any trouble.
PK: The Great Sage, Equal to Heaven is risking his life?
MW: That’s right. That’s what’s needed to go against the black dragon. Even if everything goes according to his plan, there is no way to know whether he’ll survive it.

5 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Agree with you... I'm watching LSG's project (drama and movie, but not yet the sitcom), but after Military Service, he seriously got better than before and his chemistry that he built with OYS, really beyond my expectation...

Daebak... Eventhough they gave so little part of OYS in BTS. I will be one of people who will buy the PD's cut, if they don't make me mad with reincarnation route...

Agree... We have JSM and SOG contracts.

I hope someone here can explain.. Why after the kiss scene, when JSM repeat again "I love you", they not show JSM-SOG in bed? Why they show falling star, then flower then water then lamps??? Hehehehehehe

Oh yah, about the fallen star, will that help JSM-SOG ways to get happy ending?? Without our expectation, the necklace that Jhonathan gave to JSM gave chance to stay for 1 day before left because the death, seems like a chance to saying goodbye... 

Just curious what if the "fallen star" can be one of hint to helps... Because MW come to paddler, and the grandson brag about meet the fallen star.... *eventhough in the end, the fallen star thingy can be hint for MW about his son*

Me too i will def buy the dvd cut version if the ending is satisfactory :)

The fallen scene during their blissful night, i thought it indicate our otp baby??!!!

i thought we as viewers have already predicted that Sunmi getting stabbed and inflicted pain on OG will def happen but when it actually happened, it still drove us crazy

• Like 12