[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

7 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Are the white clad elders urging SOG to kill SJ and hence he shouted "I won't do it" in the end of the preview?

I think he shouted "(I said ) I would DO it (the sacrifice)!" ,"내가 한다구!" in Korean.  :)

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Preview translation:

MW: The unreasonable things that you are doing now, is for the sake of letting SJ survive?

ASN: I am just doing what I am able to do.

ASN: To unleash the world I exist in (?)

SJ: The owner of that position cannot hide

SJ: If it's like this, the world will be in chaos

OG: You/She (?) came because you/she believed?

Subori: This is SJ's choice

SJ: You can't stop anything

OG: I've already said to let me do it!

I think what SJ meant by "the owner of that position" is that she being Sam Jang, cannot hide. If not the world will be in chaos.

• Thanks 14

:o that's what a preview should be, tormenting, devastating and exciting. I'm panicking now that Sun mi's face was so pale and it hurt real bad. 

I truly hope that tomorrow is Saturday but then again I have my final exam at Saturday :D Hwayugi really is a roller coaster of emotions. 

• Like 11

I'm sooo behind on this drama, but i've been trying to keep track through instagram tags and dramabeans recaps. But omg wtf was that preview?? JSM noo!! Did she stab herself? did that Kang guy stab her?? God i hope this doesnt lead to a reincarnation ending, that'd be so annoying you guys like for real? 

This is what i want for the ending: 

JSM and SOG to be happily married (and maybe babies?)

Either JSM or SOG become both mortal or both immortal somehow 

JSM to have real friends other than the monsters and her employee 

Ma wang to find his son+maybe become a deity

heaven to get off everyone's back and gtfo 

Mistress needs to gtfo 

piggy and bu ja reunite somehow 

oh and what exactly was Oh Gong's crime that heaven punished him for? and will he be able to drink ever again? Also, did JSM and OG have sex? that's what they mean when they said they spent the night together, right? lol 

• Like 5

I think SJ stab herself, because don't want OG died while fight, can see SJ are pale (maybe her stabbed herself after OG came and fought) 
I feel so sad TT-TT our OTP, I hope they have a happy ending after all. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

Preview translation:

MW: The unreasonable things that you are doing now, is for the sake of letting SJ survive?

ASN: I am just doing what I am able to do.

ASN: To unleash the world I exist in

SJ: The owner of that position cannot hide (?)

SJ: If it's like this, the world will be in chaos

OG: You/She (?) came because you/she believed?

Subori: This is SJ's choice

SJ: You can't stop anything

OG: I've already said to let me do it!

MW: The reason why you are pushing yourself like this, is it solely to save Sam Jang?

The bold line means the person OG is talking to/about believes that something will save that person from the situation they're in.

SJ: You won't be able to obtain anything.

And I think ASN is talking about unleashing the dragon but I'll let someone else translate. lol

• Like 2

There is translation in the comments in youtube. I think KDS trying to prevent SJ from stabbing herself.

Look Carefully to the preview and looks like the heaven army try to lock OG so SJ can do her job. The scar in OG faces is from the fight against the army not dragon I think. And finally OG can beat those army and come to save SJ 

• Like 7

This is my version of the translation of the preview,  I hope it helps. :)

MW : You’re going this far only because you want to let SJ live?

ASN: Since he told me to do what I could manage to do, let me unleash that thing into the world.

JSM: I won’t let him be the master of the dragon, then the world would be falling down.

OG: It seems like you have something you’re counting on.

SBR: This is SJ’s decision.

JSM: (After all) you won’t gain anything.

OG: (I said) I WILL DO IT(the sacrifice).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Nooo :bawling: I hate that Kang Dae Sung guy so much! He and ASY could just go sleep with the dragon forever!

Maybe SJ being stabbed is only her vision. She can see the future right? or maube that was OG in disguise? andweeee :bawling:

Why the hell that damn sword appear again? :bawling::bawling::bawling: I'm gonna cry until saturday :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3

I've translated both the 15 sec and the 30 sec previews this time, because they're slightly different.

Translation of the 15 second preview.

OG: If I want to wake that thing up and take care of it, then I need Ah Sa Nyeo.
SM: I can’t let that person be the owner.
SB: It’s Sam Jang’s choice.
SM: There is nothing that you can gain.
OG: I said I will do it!

Translation of the 30 sec preview.

MW: Is the reason that you’re trying so hard, is it to save Sam Jang’s life?
ASN: Since he said that I should do what I can do, I will loose that thing upon the world.
SM: I can’t let that person be the owner. Then the world will be destroyed.
OG: There is a part of you that believes.
SB: It’s Sam Jang’s choice.
SM: There is nothing that you can gain.
OG: I said I will do it!

It looks as if OG is going to go up against the dragon in SM's stead? I just that hope it doesn't mean that he's going to stab SM as he was supposed to. I still think it's going to be a happy ending, but all of a sudden, I'm feeling a frisson of anxiety.

8 hours ago, dvrels said:

Look Carefully to the preview and looks like the heaven army try to lock OG so SJ can do her job. The scar in OG faces is from the fight against the army not dragon I think. And finally OG can beat those army and come to save SJ 

Yeah I'm guessing maybe they were preventing SOG to go to seon mi's place for the sacrifice to happen then after beating them he rushes to JSM whom at that moment was in a critical condition.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I thought that sword was sealed in sireumdong by OG? OG even sealed that place so no one can enter 

i know this stabbing thing is inevitable but now i feel like throwing up blood as well :cold_sweat:

I think its a different sword (white handle) the one sog hid is (purplish) correct me if I’m wrong. 

I think it’s not ASN who unleash the dragon it’s SJ’s blood? Because I thought she doesn’t have powers anymore 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stargazer187 said:

Him here, I wonder who would it be? KDS? Or SOG?? Does that mean the black dragon needs a human to be possessed as well. As KDS ever asked ASN that he also wanted to see how was it like the thing she want to summon. And she answered ordinary people will just see it as dark clouds circle around. So, if this dragon possesses KDS, it really will create something like what SM seen in that omen jar, the world falling down. That is why she choose to sacrifice herself instead. Since she might think that she can defeated the dragon?? 

The moment when she stabs herself, and throws up blood. It's the moment SOG got that sword and start attacking. This is going to be heartbreaking. I still believe that SM won't die.

About the scars on SOG face, no worries,he can heal himself with magic and don't forget her alcohol collections in sureumdong is also a great medicine. It heals BJ before. 

I want to believe Sun Mi will not die but the preview shows how pale she is :bawling: 

• Like 2

i think it will be happy ending,

usually if the climax sad story is on ep 19, the ep 20 will be end beautifully
just remember DOTS, in ep 19 is really sad when yoo si jin got shoot and kang mo yeon cry because think si jin death, but in ep 20 it become clear and they get happy ending

and diffrent with Goblin, they have their happy ending live at ep 19 and get together but who knows eun tak will die at the end ><

if i see the pattern story of hwayugi, i think the ending will be the good one

• Like 10

From the 15s preview, it seems like SJ is using the sword to cut her hand and KDS rush over to prevent her from doing it (?)

And yes, the sword SJ use is different from the one OG hid in Sureumdong.

Omg watching this preview somehow makes me feel worse about the new eps. :cold_sweat:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Him here, I wonder who would it be? KDS? Or SOG?? Does that mean the black dragon needs a human to be possessed as well. As KDS ever asked ASN that he also wanted to see how was it like the thing she want to summon. And she answered ordinary people will just see it as dark clouds circle around. So, if this dragon possesses KDS, it really will create something like what SM seen in that omen jar, the world falling down. That is why she choose to sacrifice herself instead. Since she might think that she can defeated the dragon?? 

The moment when she stabs herself, and throws up blood. It's the moment SOG got that sword and start attacking. This is going to be heartbreaking. I still believe that SM won't die.

About the scars on SOG face, no worries,he can heal himself with magic and don't forget her alcohol collections in sureumdong is also a great medicine. It heals BJ before. 

It's def Kang Dae Sung.

OG might think he succesfully sent Sunmi away but Sunmi must have heard from someone (i assume it's Mr. Mawang) that OG is trying to take the dragon alone.

I hope OG comes on time before anything happen to Sunmi. I don't want to see her getting hurt or in pain again.. and. My heart aches so much imagining the image of OG seeing Sunmi throws up blood like that.

Hate hate hate Kang Dae sung and ASN so much.

now i kinda wish he just locked Sunmi in Sireumdong  until he defeated the dragon lol. 

3 minutes ago, booho said:

i think it will be happy ending,

usually if the climax sad story is on ep 19, the ep 20 will be end beautifully
just remember DOTS, in ep 19 is really sad when yoo si jin got shoot and kang mo yeon cry because think si jin death, but in ep 20 it become clear and they get happy ending

and diffrent with Goblin, they have their happy ending live at ep 19 and get together but who knows eun tak will die at the end ><

if i see the pattern story of hwayugi, i think the ending will be the good one

Positive thought!! Yeay!!

hope this is true ep 19 with the sad climax then ep 20 with a happy one.

this is the first time in a drama i really want the female lead to turn into immortal as well.  

Then she can live in eternity with OG and monkey babies

• Like 5