[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

3 hours ago, immortal_piglet said:

Aaaaw yeah this scene was a really sweet one :’) he was yearning to drink alcohol for the longest time and he gave it up for a “mere human”. 

Here to pen some random thoughts:

I’ve seen so many posts everywhere by fans who said they want an OG of their own, because he is so swoony yada yada. I myself want to have an OG by my side too! *kicks my husband aside* 

and then i realised, nah, i will never have the capacity to tame that monkey. (Also because i won’t be able to smell as good as SM) 

SOG is haughty, proud, and extremely smart. He is never once easy to read. U slap him once, he’ll slap you a hundred times back. Don’t ever think of trying to control him. You’ll come back with a bunch of bruises if you’re lucky he didn’t decide to kill you. Don’t try to play tricks on him, he’ll always be a step ahead of you. You’ll regret the consequences once he finds out about your ulterior motives as well. Oh and also, he only likes pretty girls. 

Now let’s say you managed to put on a GGG ver2.0 on him and are able to accept all of these just because he has a pretty face, be ready to suffer the following:

1. Frequent and open threats of wanting to eat you

2. He treats you nicely, only to try and manipulate you into giving up your precious life

3. He says, “I love you. Oh but by the way, these feelings are fake and will be gone one day okay?”

4. He entertains thoughts of feeding you to MW so he can be free from loving you.

5. He says, “good thing you did not remove this bracelet, if not i would have killed you”

6. Sees his eyes turns red (because he has the intention to eat/kill you

If you also managed to somehow get past all of these above, and with your pure and sincere heart (which would have bled a million times) managed to somehow tame that monkey, congratulations! You have won yourself a loyal monkey king.

honestly if not for the horny demon in ep2, hwayugi would have ended in december 2017.

ROFL this made my day :D

OG dislike humans in general anyway and he never loves anyone else other than himself.

Not only Sumi is beautiful outside but she has a beautiful heart too.  The flower fragrance  coming from her must be so intriguing even worse for OG to urge this temptation. 

I love how she is so precious to him that anything regarding her can make him go insane. 

This thug only speaks and acts gently to her  lol. He is even happy seeing her broke his previous wines , like whatever she does Is adorable to him :wub:

This monkey is going to melt into a puddle soon if she keeps giving him  cute dimple  smile 

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

Don't really care about bts anymore. They are consistently bad in showing them... 

it's just like a showing the same scene as the drama but with camera around

Even the female lead only got a small interview until what ep 18? Wth is that??even worse she has been cut off from her bts  till recently  after all these complaining began

• Like 6

3 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

서로의 사랑을 확인하며 행복한 하룻밤을 보낸 선미와 오공. 오공은 선미를 살리기 위해 그녀를 어딘가에 보낸 사이 흑룡을 소환하여 맞서려는 계획을 세운다. 그러나 오공이 자신을 대신하여 죽으려 한다는 걸 알게 된 선미는 수보리조사를 찾아가 천계가 내린 삼장의 소명을 다하겠다며 의지를 굳힌다. 한편, 자신의 힘을 보여주려는 아사녀는 강대성과 함께 용을 깨우는 의식을 속행하며 흑룡을 깨우는데...

Preview!!!

19 times

SM and OG who spent a happy night confirming each other's love. OG plans to summon the Black Dragon during her sentence somewhere to save her stern. However, when SM finds out that he is going to die on her behalf, SM visits the SBR investigation and confirms that he will do his third calling. On the other hand, ASN who is trying to show her strength keeps awakening the dragon with continuing the ceremony to awaken the dragon with the Kang Dae Sung ...

That was google!! So dont feel annoyed with that ya. Haha

I was focusing on they spent the night,awww... hahaha

Actually the text preview came out yesterday, so there are translations and discussions about the text preview on the thread

from yesterday. However, this thread is moving so fast now, here is a translation again for anyone who missed the discussions from yesterday.

After ascertaining their love for each other, Oh Gong and Seon Mi spend a happy night together.
In order to save Seon Mi, Oh Gong plans to send Seon Mi away so that he can fight the black dragon. However, after finding out that Oh Gong is prepared to die in her stead, Seon Mi goes to Examiner Soo Bo Ri to say that she will fulfill everything that heaven has dictated for her as Sam Jang. Meanwhile, Ah Sa Nyeo, who wanted to show her strength, conducts the dragon awakening ritual with Kang Dae Sung which awakens the black dragon…

Seon Mi who has gone to stop the black dragon, and Oh Gong who is running to save Seon Mi who is on the brink of death!

Hallo All, nice to meet you here.,  Hwayugi Fans.
This is my first comment here. 

Sorry if out off topic ( because this thread about lee seung gi drama, may I ask about this ). Why Lee Seungg Gi Instagram didn't get Verified Account ? Unlike another Celebrity..

• Like 5

8 hours ago, haymochi said:

I think we should let this person continue wrting what she wants lol

While OG must be super happy thst he finally gets to eat his samjang after holding back for so long  :tongue:

what to dooo... when this drama ended there won't be interesting and fun conversation anymore. I'm so gonna miss this thread more than anything

we rode this blind roller coaster together feeling scared, sad, happy, thrilled and how this this drama otp always manages  to give us so much butterfly effects in our stomachs... My no. 1 OTP :bawling:

I feel the same, i will miss the otp and all cast acting, and all our conversation in this thread, gonna miss you all for sure. I made soompi acc just to write here and discuss with all of you :bawling:

About the the still cut, hope we gonna see the big fight in very interesting way and OG wins over the dragon. After wins he hold and take Sun Mi to Sureumdong and heal her and after Sun Mi feeling better, it's Sun Mi turn to heal OG, take off OG shirt and put the medicine to the wound. They both fall asleep. The next morning they have breakfast together and have a long conversation and decide to go to shower together (19+ rated) and 9 months later SM gave birth and OG panic seeing how SM in pain, and OG junior born and happy ever after

... sorry guys I can't stop writing the happy event for the last episode, pardon me haha

About the bts, maybe the production team too busy to edit it because of tight schedule that is why they only show the serious part of OYS-LSG because to much work if they have to show the aged restrictions interaction of them hahahahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

21 minutes ago, dvrels said:

Looks like ASN gonna turn beast

Hmmm i thought she would get her redemption for a bit but Sunmi is right. She is a filthy evil spirit

glad that her face got ruined with her obsession for beauty but i kinda wish it would be ASN real form not with Buja's body.

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images.
  • Like 7

Okay, even I think that they are being a bit stingy with the BTS, even though it was fun to see that as tight as their shooting schedule is, they still stopped to cheer on their Olympic athletes. :) Anyway, here is a translation for this BTS.

caption: Holding cotton candy while shooting Lee Seung Gi, Oh Yeon Seo.
Staff: Try holding it a little differently. Pull it toward you a little.
caption: Think they’re looking at the camera and figuring out the angles…
caption: Small enough to be hidden by cotton candy, Oh Yeon Seo’s face #Acknowledged to be small??

LSG: I can say “Hey” as I’m walking, right??
LSG: Director, I’ll shout “Hey, evil wench” as I go!!
Director: Okay! Got it.
OG: Hey, evil wench (me: he’s saying the dirtier word other than wench which is why the screen capture shows #$@#$)
caption: As soon as he says the line, it’s an NG because of his voice.
caption: A winter cold enough to require heaters and padding
LSG: You have to go with the feeling…

caption: As if they have forgotten about the cold weather, seriously acting actors
ASN: The dragon that I called had a golden light about it.
caption: Walking towards Lee Se Young, Lee Seung Gi
LSG: No, no, that’s not it.
LSG: The way it goes is, I stand here like this, then I have to go here.
LSG: Then what, do I have to go into the water here??
LSG: Since I can’t go beyond here.

caption: Now in the middle of watching the Olympics
caption: Everyone has gathered in a crowd
caption: They’re watching the tv and cheering on the athletes

caption: They are shooting as diligently as they cheered (on the athletes earlier)
OG: Ma Wang, do you love me?
MW: Oh, you moron!
caption: They start shooting again.
Director: We’re going now. Hi~ action!
CSW: Knew you were going to laugh.
CSW: I totally knew you were going to laugh.

caption: This time, Lee Seung Gi, Oh Yeon Seo kiss scene shoot
SM: Do you know how many things I have to throw away, you evil jerk!
caption: Working it out together step by step, even looking at the script together
caption: Seriously rehearsing two people
(LSG/OYS are talking about how many times she is supposed to say “I love you”)
caption: Will it be a happy ending for these two?
caption: This weekend, watch the final broadcasts!! Don’t miss it.

So, they tell us that they're rehearsing for the kiss scene, but don't think that we haven't noticed that you don't actually show us the rehearsal or otherwise for the kiss scene itself! You just show them blocking out the scene, and no further. I'm sure there are many fans disappointed by this. Not sure if the production is being coy, if the actors are being shy, or they're saving it for the D-cut version. :D 

Dam that dragon, can’t you strike at other parts of OG’s body besides the face?! Can’t you see how precious and pretty looking that face is?!

also on another note, love how OG chose to wear designed coats + scarves + boots to fight the dragon. One can never give up on fashion, even while battling the greatest evil of all time. 

#priorities. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

Did we still not get any video preview? :o Now I'm really afraid that there won't be any video preview for the finale episodes. It's to keep the suspense alive.

The battle pictures are interesting. I am thinking he fought the Dragon without the sword for a while and then summoned it or went and got it. Hence the determined pose of his in this picture:

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db%26no=24b0d

Lee-Seung-Gi-31.jpg

I don't think the Dragon has entered JSM yet. SOG is trying to prevent the Dragon from entering JSM. He doesn't look very hurt in the above pics.

But this picture looks like SOG is fighting and loosing.

Lee-Seung-Gi8.jpg

Maybe this is when JSM will call the Dragon to enter her. Note that he is still wearing the GGG.(WHYYYYYY?! Why is that thing still on his wrist?! Does she STILL not know the GGG is useless now?! SERIOUSLY SOG?!) So she can easily command him to stand back, bringing him to his knees in pain, while she lets the Dragon enter her and uses her power to stab herself with the sword. (Hate to be a downer you guys but I don't believe the Dragon can be defeated without it entering JSM and she dying with it. That is her role in the whole story and she has to fulfill her role. She has to do her part in defeating the evil and saving the world. If SOG does all the work, JSM becomes useless, nothing but his love interest and a bait. Her character has to have a bigger purpose than that.)

About the above pic of BJ. Looks like JSM is dead(maybe ASN too?) and BJ is turning into a Zombie again. :(

@stroppyse Since JSM was born as a SJ, when her childhood was taken by the bookseller, she stopped being SJ, hence the GGG became useless. I believe SOG love during that time was all him and not induced by the bracelet at all. His pain, his heartache, the way he wanted to run behind her and beg her to not go, was all him.

Edit: Preview is up you guys:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 13

32 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Hello.. welcome to the thread. No idea about that. Which IG account you see. Instagram used to give a tick sign if it's one of the celeb account as i know. Maybe it's his fanpage account. Others can give the answer to this maybe. Or you can go to his thread. 

They're talking about his official IG account.. honestly there is no way for us to tell why he doesn't have the tick but my guess is because he only started frequently using his account again (after a long period of no use) since December. I'm pretty sure he'll get one in the near future considering he gets thousands of followers per day. haha

oh my god the preview ...... sunmi T__T

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, they tell us that they're rehearsing for the kiss scene, but don't think that we haven't noticed that you don't actually show us the rehearsal or otherwise for the kiss scene itself! You just show them blocking out the scene, and no further. I'm sure there are many fans disappointed by this. Not sure if the production is being coy, if the actors are being shy, or they're saving it for the D-cut version. :D 

The way they’re releasing and editing the bts makes LSG and OYS look like they barely speak to each other besides to practice scenes lol 

Hopefully that’s not the case. Let’s see if they’ll release kiss bts later now that the drama is ending soon :^)

ah I’m so late in joining this thread when the drama is ending soon ;-; I’m hoping for a happy ending where they get to live together !!!

these fate plot lines always trip me up :o 

• Like 5

At 0:24 of the preview, looks like JSM stabbed herself hence the blood spilled out of her lips. That only happens when you are mortally wounded. :(

Are the white clad elders urging SOG to kill SJ and hence he shouted "I won't do it" in the end of the preview?

• Sad 5

Infairness to the bts at least OYS and LSG are now together again :D. It might be serious but I remember that LSG said that OYS is the coolest love team he works with maybe he was somehow mesmerize by her for being focus in all the things she does so when the camera were rolling for bts scenes he kept looking at her seriously but off cam it's another story.:)

I noticed that SOG was wearing a robe here and you can tell that his inner suit  was taken off cause the collar was not visible anymore so maybe the kiss scene in the bed scene was shoot first then followed by the confrontation scene:D

Credit: hwayugi.kdrama

• Like 12