[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

3 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

It seems like the second picture is the end of the fight where the sword is on his shoulders. OG looks relaxed and his scars are dried. 

I like where you’re going with that. 

• Like 5

I didn't watch every episode early in the drama because I was not comfortable with so many demons and evil spirits  flying around, Yes, I am a scaredy cat. However, after episode18 , I watched some of them and it does seem like an epic love story. The demon who was 'humanised' because of love for this woman and the woman whose heart and mind don't have the same logic. Her mind warns her( even as his friends told her repeatedly) that she should not love a demon but her heart so wants to be loved and cared for. So many women I know, marry men who are 'bad boys' and may not even suit them because 'he loves me'. Given SM childhood of loneliness and rejection from others, to be loved must be so over whelming and given her giving nature, its hard to fight her heart. Oh Yeon Seo acting, attracted a lot of criticism but to me, given the character's assumptions, she seems right in the way she played SJ. Seunggi's character shines brighter because of SJ's seemingly more unexciting personality. The love story developed over so many many episodes and so many events but it would be hard to beleive that she would just jump into bed with a demon when her expereince with them and life had been such bad ones. Even for him, until Epi 18, he was not sure if his love was due to an object or was engraved into his heart since he is a inherently selfish demon afterall.

• Like 8

Og looks even more swoony but where is our girl? She is not there?

it would be perfect to end this battle in ep 19 and let our otp get their beautiful wedding in sireumdong :)

Rather being worried about the bleeding(great sage will def survive) i'm more worried about the CG effects for the dragon lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Anna Tan said:

@immortal_piglet you got me rewatching the drama from episode 1 again!! This is my interpretation... 

GGG lost its effect FULLY when SOG started to make sacrifices for her without anyone knowing...my take is it was the scene where he gave up the mermaid tears to her. Her happiness became his priority..

See the smile at the end of the scene

Of course from MW's point of view, it was the burning of sauces which is after the mermaid tears episode.. But the burning of sauces scene is an explication of what he already felt.

Another observation i made, when SOG is not wearing his fur coats, he is starting to be more sincere and noticed his colours are changing to the colours which SM are wearing... He is starting to be more human...  

Aaaaw yeah this scene was a really sweet one :’) he was yearning to drink alcohol for the longest time and he gave it up for a “mere human”. 

Here to pen some random thoughts:

I’ve seen so many posts everywhere by fans who said they want an OG of their own, because he is so swoony yada yada. I myself want to have an OG by my side too! *kicks my husband aside* 

and then i realised, nah, i will never have the capacity to tame that monkey. (Also because i won’t be able to smell as good as SM) 

SOG is haughty, proud, and extremely smart. He is never once easy to read. U slap him once, he’ll slap you a hundred times back. Don’t ever think of trying to control him. You’ll come back with a bunch of bruises if you’re lucky he didn’t decide to kill you. Don’t try to play tricks on him, he’ll always be a step ahead of you. You’ll regret the consequences once he finds out about your ulterior motives as well. Oh and also, he only likes pretty girls. 

Now let’s say you managed to put on a GGG ver2.0 on him and are able to accept all of these just because he has a pretty face, be ready to suffer the following:

1. Frequent and open threats of wanting to eat you

2. He treats you nicely, only to try and manipulate you into giving up your precious life

3. He says, “I love you. Oh but by the way, these feelings are fake and will be gone one day okay?”

4. He entertains thoughts of feeding you to MW so he can be free from loving you.

5. He says, “good thing you did not remove this bracelet, if not i would have killed you”

6. Sees his eyes turns red (because he has the intention to eat/kill you

If you also managed to somehow get past all of these above, and with your pure and sincere heart (which would have bled a million times) managed to somehow tame that monkey, congratulations! You have won yourself a loyal monkey king.

honestly if not for the horny demon in ep2, hwayugi would have ended in december 2017.

• Like 7
  • LOL 13

18 minutes ago, akoomy said:

I can't believe the only BTS they gave us of LSG and OYS is one where they're being super serious

People are begging for the kissing scene bts so theybare like here it is...

with only like 5 seconds of them discussing the script lol 

they gonna receive more complaints

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Can't the bts team give us a full video just OYS-LSG scene? :( They always gave us the super serious part of them. It was just like they didn't interacted at all outside the script. <_< and why did the bts team always show us Lee Se young's part?? I know she is good actress and all but can't we just have OYS-LSG's bts more than hers? :( This drama's bts is definitely weird. Most of the dramas will show how close the OTP working together, but here, they just avoid any interactions between them. I'm gonna be positive thinking now, maybe, their interactions were too intimate to be seen as co-stars so they decided to keep it secret :tongue::tongue:

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Can't the bts team give us a full video just OYS-LSG scene? :( They always gave us the super serious part of them. It was just like they didn't interacted at all outside the script. <_< and why did the bts team always show us Lee Se young's part?? I know she is good actress and all but can't we just have OYS-LSG's bts more than hers? :( This drama's bts is definitely weird. Most of the dramas will show how close the OTP working together, but here, they just avoid any interactions between them. I'm gonna be positive thinking now, maybe, their interactions were too intimate to be seen as co-stars so they decided to keep it secret :tongue::tongue:

It's ironic that you bring this up, because they did they did the same thing with FFMY (who for others represent your icon) :)  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, huhuhahahihi said:

This is the first time I've seen OYS "behave" off-screen with her co-star which is weird :( and SG's still being playful no matter how serious the scene is.  Maybe because Cheese in the Trap or she's  in relationship. 

The first time behave herself lmao :D:D:D

that's kinda true., Janghyuk even said it's not OYS if she doesn't play around.

people at Weibo are saying the same things too ...They say she always give this bro vibe behind the scene

Idk why they keep giving us those kind of bts. I don't think drama gave bts of the cast when they are just reading the script but not the actual process of filming and NG.

She is actually playful with LSG too. Remember the bts for Hwayugi teaser? She was dancing around with her umbrella. 

53 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

Maybe the bts team is a LSG fan who wants their oppa for themselves.

LOLOLOLOL

Im sorry please forgive me. Give me my OTP BTS youve been stacking since episode 1 

Hwayugi team:  " we will give it to you through the dvd that we gonna sell for high prices. You fangirls will buy it anyway"<_<

• Like 8
  • LOL 9

46 minutes ago, aunniek said:

It's ironic that you bring this up, because they did they did the same thing with FFMY (who for others represent your icon) :)  

OMG so true :D:D I remember I got upset because I didn't get to see more FFMW OTP bts and I was waiting for the dvd back then just to see more bts. It's unfortunate that the dvd is not going to happen, maybe I have to save more money for Hwayugi dvd :tongue: but I'm scared that even in dvd, they will only add more ASY or BuJa bts or MaWang's. hahaha. I think I became paranoid. :D:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

19 minutes ago, haymochi said:

She is actually playful with LSG too. Remember the bts for Hwayugi teaser? She was dancing around with her umbrella. 

Hwayugi team:  " we will give it to you through the dvd that we gonna sell for high prices. You fangirls will buy it anyway"<_<

I think they are playful with each other, but the bts team just don't show it to us. Some of the articles mentioned that they were joking and playing around before the shoot like the library scene, drunk SM scene, even the scene where SM was possessed by ASY. The only article that mentioned they were quiet with each other was the article of OG calling SM back after she trapped in ASY coffin. So, I am positive they are close! (I am hypnotizing myself :tongue:)

Gonna save money for the dvd later but they need to promise us for more OTP bts scenes and deleted scenes!!:D

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, haymochi said:

The first time behave herself lmao :D:D:D

that's kinda true., Janghyuk even said it's not OYS if she doesn't play around.

people at Weibo are saying the same things too ...They say she always give this bro vibe behind the scene

Idk why they keep giving us those kind of bts. I don't think drama gave bts of the cast when they are just reading the script but not the actual process of filming and NG.

Hahahaha that’s exactly my thoughts :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Stern and Ogo who spent a happy night confirming each other's love. Ogon plans to summon the Black Dragon during her sentence somewhere to save her stern. However, when Sukmy finds out that he is going to die on his behalf, Stern visits the Suvori investigation and confirms that he will do his third calling. On the other hand, the widow who is trying to show her strength keeps awakening the dragon with continuing the ceremony to awaken the dragon with the Kang Dae Sung ...

Preview!!!

19 times

SM and OG who spent a happy night confirming each other's love. OG plans to summon the Black Dragon during her sentence somewhere to save her stern. However, when SM finds out that he is going to die on her behalf, SM visits the SBR investigation and confirms that he will do his third calling. On the other hand, the widow who is trying to show her strength keeps awakening the dragon with continuing the ceremony to awaken the dragon with the Kang Dae Sung ...

That was google!! So dont feel annoyed with that ya. Haha

I was focusing on they spent the night,awww... hahaha

Until a human takes on the translation...Here is NAVER's version....

SM and OG spent a happy night checking each other's love. OG plans to fight with the black dragon by summoning her for help somewhere else. After finding out that OG was about to die on her behalf, SM visited SBR and decided to stand by SJ command. On the other hand, a girl who wants to show her strength has continued the ritual of waking up the dragon with Kang Dae-sung and wakes up the Black Dragon ... 

• Thanks 8

7 hours ago, gf sherry said:

You were talking about rape culture in your post earlier; and now sexual harassment... you are the only one who has complaint about the steamy kissing scene..the scene is done in good take so appreciate it. 

The message is clear, LOVE IN GENERAL IS A STRONG EMOTION THAT SOMETIMES WE FORGET TO BE RATIONAL AND SENSIBLE WITH OUR ACTIONS. 

Now stop your nonsense argument,  I’m starting to think that you are a fan of LSG’s ex-gf.

MADE MY NIGHT DUTY ALIVE. Kamsahamnida 

Edited by SeungGiYeoChin
  • Like 1
  • LOL 9