[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

3 minutes ago, countingstarz said:

Since we're all still desperately waiting for the preview I've been watching the kiss scene over and over and I think it's soo cute how he immediately responded when she kissed him :wub:

When I saw that this forum was "hot" I immediately thought the preview was posted and hopped right in :blush: but it's not :bawling:.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, aunniek said:

In the episode with the Heron, in her conversation with OG and SM, she told them when baby SJ was born its blood saved many lives (during an epidemic).  So, my take is that SM has always been SJ and that it played a part in her unhappy childhood, so it went with her child's soul into the book.  

Yep. I added something similar to my post....

I don't have any issue with her being SJ as a baby... probably makes sense that the crane lady was there to protect her early on, if that was the case. 

And makes you wonder if her grandma was some kind of guardian as well. She knew the blood could be dangerous, but it wasn't clear if it was dangerous since she was a baby or if that was something that started after... 

Would assume that if grandma lived close to the orphanage/hospital (I forget what it was) that she interacted with the crane guardian or learned how to keep SM safe from her.

I still think that the whole full  SJ thing did not begin until after she met up with MW and OG. 

Also. :) Would be interesting to know more about whether her gift of sight comes from being SJ from the beginning, or if it came by way of the usual story (died briefly and came back). 

• Like 5

Shocked and “amused” with what I refreshed the discussion this morning. We jumped 2 pages overnight (in my part of my world) coz of someone’s “unique” POV.

Along the line someone mentioned “statutory rape” for another popular drama. But I think she might have mixed up? It only happened when they met again, 10yrs later. And she is 29YO by then.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, juzluvpink said:

Along the line someone mentioned “statutory rape” for another popular drama. But I think she might have mixed up? It only happened when they met again, 10yrs later. And she is 29YO by then.

But she became his bride with him falling for her while she was a teenager in school.... and he looked like he was pushing 40. o_O Sorry this was OT. 

On topic - am wondering why we haven't gotten a preview yet!

And does anyone want to place bets on whether they will "backtrack" from where ep18 left off??? :D

They didn’t do anything in that particular show till she was of legal age not even kiss. And then she was the very willing instigator. And then she was 29 before anything else. No way no how was that statutory rape.  

• Like 5

Oh wow... So he definitely used the sword he hid. I'm sure it must have been really difficult for him to use it but he has too. This fight scene will be the end of me, especially if It's horrifying. I may even close my eyes or start grabbing and hitting things because the dragon isn't dead yet. Praying for a happy ending! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ravenbleu said:

So during the bookseller episode, the bookseller supposably kidnapped the 'kid' JSM, so the contract that JSM made with SOG when she was a kid transferred over to her. But how in the world did the bookseller became SJ or how JSM was no longer SJ.:blink:

Because JSM was decided to be SJ even before she was born (as opposed to punished for releasing OG).

Am I thinking too much or is this some kind of early withdrawal symptoms? :cry:

Hmm since now we know SJ’s fate is tied with the baby JSM, then it makes sense that the adult JSM will not have that fate. So that part I can understand that when the bookseller takes away the soul, I think she also took away the birth soul and the fate that was tied to it. But yah, no way can the bookseller be SJ. But did she want to be? I understand she only wants to be able to call out to SOG.

Going back:

Contract made eons ago was the one that allowed JSM to call on SOG to protect her. But SOG found a loophole to get out of that. 

That’s when GGG comes in. GGG is a double protection. It makes SOG’s heart painful by creating love. It also made SOG want to protect JSM and that’s why he gave her back her memory. 

And since GGG is activated by adult JSM, there’s actually no way the bookseller can Be the owner of GGG. so even if she is bound by contract with SOG, he said so himself he is a bad guy who can and will break promises and contracts. 

Going back to your point, being SJ is a fate that is given to baby JSM. and it makes sense since she is going to be an altruistic human. No one else can be SJ. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, anon8888888888888888 said:

For what SHE KNOWS the bracelet makes him love her and he had it on, so it doesn't matter if he really wanted to do it, she couldn't know. My problem isn't with the scene by itself because, WE know it was consensual, but with her decision because SHE COULDN'T BE 100% SURE.

I get what you’re driving at. You’re saying that since JSM doesn’t know that SOG truly loves her, she kissing him is therefore not consensual. She is taking advantage of the bracelet and forced her kiss. Right?

if you just take those 2 points out of context from the drama, then yes. You’re right. But, and many have pointed out, SOG has shown actions that have gone way above what GGG could do. If we as viewers can deduce that, so can JSM. I’m sure she is not so stupid to think those things SOG did for her, were all from the GGG. So while she may not be 100% sure, she definitely suspects he does have good feelings for her. Now if you looked closely at the scene, when her lips touched his, his lips weren’t passive. They responded right away, contrary to his expression. 

Another thing. We may be forced to love our parents and our siblings or even our own children, because they are just thrown into our lives, whether we want or not. That fate forced us to love them. And yes, we will do many things for them. Because we love them. But you won’t see me kissing them with my mouth open. You?

With that in mind, love is not as simple as it seems. While GGG may force love, it definitely doesn’t force the kissing, and later the bed scene. Because if it has, then SOG would have bedded ASN when she was in JSM’s body.

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Ohhh... what the hell is going on him??? He's bleeding? Nooooooo

That sword!! Does he fight the black dragon finally?? That sword was supposed to kill sam jang but since the paddler said that after he escaped himself from the control of ggg, it diverts the deadly fate that the heaven's plan. That is why, the sword is used for now. 

I myself am looking forward to bada** fighting.  I hope eventually the whole gang will contribute...........

• Like 6

1 minute ago, aunniek said:

I myself am looking forward to bada** fighting.  I hope eventually the whole gang will contribute...........

Me too. I don’t mind some physical injuries. It would be weird if SOG comes away totally unscathed after fighting a dragon that even MW is afraid of. 

• Like 6

I don't want to be rude really and i'm sorry if i sound rude  but it really baffles me that words like  rape and sexual assault is brought up to this drama.

how can you bring up such poignant, touching, beautiful and intimate scene btw two people who loves each other like crazy as rape? What?????? *sickening*

I even shed tears when Sunmi finally said the word i love you while repeating it for so many times. Then we see OG wall crumbling down...

these two have been dying to hold each other but holding back for the sake of each other. That scene showed how much they can't endure this pain anymore and just want to be together no matter what..

from so many dramas i've watched this is one that touch my heart the most. 

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I don't want to be rude really and i'm sorry if i sound rude  but it really baffles me that words like  rape and sexual assault is brought up to this drama.

how can you bring up such poignant, touching, beautiful and intimate scene btw two people who loves each other like crazy as rape? What?????? *sickening*

I even shed tears when Sunmi finally said the word i love you while repeating it for so many times. Then we see OG wall crumbling down...

these two have been dying to hold each other but holding back for the sake of each other. That scene showed how much they can't endure this pain anymore and just want to be together no matter what..

from so many dramas i've watched this is one that touch my heart the most. 

I initally wanted to ignore but yeah...if they watched the drama since the beginning, these are seriously pent up emotions. And honestly by the way JSM is kissing SOG that isn't forced HAHHAHA

• Like 7

16 hours ago, immortal_piglet said:

Lol general frost’s hair is so funny, especially when the wind blew in his face.

just curious: Starting from which episode do you guys think the GGG has fully lost its effect? 

@immortal_piglet you got me rewatching the drama from episode 1 again!! This is my interpretation... 

GGG lost its effect FULLY when SOG started to make sacrifices for her without anyone knowing...my take is it was the scene where he gave up the mermaid tears to her. Her happiness became his priority..

1519863520240.jpg

See the smile at the end of the scene

1519863765381.jpg

Of course from MW's point of view, it was the burning of sauces which is after the mermaid tears episode.. But the burning of sauces scene is an explication of what he already felt.

Another observation i made, when SOG is not wearing his fur coats, he is starting to be more sincere and noticed his colours are changing to the colours which SM are wearing... He is starting to be more human...  

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

I initally wanted to ignore but yeah...if they watched the drama since the beginning, these are seriously pent up emotions. And honestly by the way JSM is kissing SOG that isn't forced HAHHAHA

Ooh and don't forget the way Og replied her kiss after she said another "i love you" :tongue:

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I've just decided to be delurking to give you hd preview pics. :D

OG is bleeding!! :bawling:

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97f936c17c2275f94760dd3278e27ab1633a2c73a7797917d71716c399ca56765c59eaed2dc71b82b894155e9cb84a3e71c9703478d20955d433db97f573a66

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97f936c17c2275f94760dd3278e27ab1633a2c73a7293c22d75296e6c9c805f78a49a83c82453bb331c1079dcaf7cf1484fe928107e8609fb346a4db151a5d9

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97f936c17c2275f94760dd3278e27ab1633a2c73a7398cc7f23723d699c864375f7b6a16994faf6dcf8eebdedd83656ac9642aa5b4d4c69decd1cc3aa5910f2

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97f936c17c2275f94760dd3278e27ab1633a2c73a7291cd2f2421356c9c9a4462f1bfb4d87fd4005fbf1fcc17852ad672004bd3a4662bb37f0fdb758a1a0581

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=25aad133e2db&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fef87fa11d028313cb65f50fe50c4dcac889173d97f936c17c2275f94760dd3278e27ab1633a2c73a2395c27c22763f6e9ca84b58ca95d4ac5a1bb35a451898fc29f8fedf1353e59d5155506b1f37d6be77e40a

Edited by ildiz
Pls put images above 3 in spoiler. TQ
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 9