[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

2 hours ago, sadpluto said:

Someone mentioned a while back that in the original JTTW either eating the flesh or having sex with the monk can make demons stronger. Now that OG has "eaten" JSM will he get stronger? crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

:D oh yeaah Oh Gong will be super strong to slays the dragon even maybe he didn't realize his new power yet, the shopkeeper granny say samjang will loose something precious in order to do her job, what is the most precious thing for a virgin? Virginity.The day she throw a buckets of I Love you tantrum at Oh Gong, she "lost it" in that epic closing bed scenes:grin:  and gosh that OST part 9, why it sounds like... i'm missing you...i'm loving you.. and transform to be i'm kissing you...i'm kissing you... i'm kissing you.. in my ears...LOL sounds like i'm going mental hereee...

• LOL 14

I know that we've hashed the ending scene to bits already, but one more translation of the final scene, though I had done a previous translation of just the video clip before. This is actually a translation of the entire conversation in the penthouse between OG and SM including the bit before the video clip starts.

Before the clip:

(OG is in his penthouse looking out the window, SM comes in.)

OG: Why did you come?
SM: Why did you throw this? (holding out the piece of candy from earlier in the episode that OG had placed in the sky at her request)
OG: You said you would empty yourself by yourself, but because I saw you on the rooftop of the building emptying yourself.
SM: Why did you throw it just because you pleased? Okay, you did as you wanted and just threw things and poured things, didn’t you? Because I had collected each of those things carefully, I have so many things to throw away. And then, what? Don’t throw it away in front of you?
OG: So? Did you come to complain that you have too many things inside of you?
SM: Do you know how many things I have to throw away? You evil jerk!
OG: I didn’t know that you had so much built up inside of you.

Then the clip itself:

SM: That’s right. So, I’m going to throw it away by pouring it all on you! I’m not going to throw it away while sitting on a street. I’m not going to throw it away by crying while sitting in a corner of my room. I’m going to pour it all out on you!
OG: Okay. If you feel so aggrieved, then do as you want! I’ll endure it and listen, so go ahead and do it.
SM: I love you. I love you. I love you so very much. I love you. I said I love you! (embraces him, then pulls back) I love you. (kisses him)
OG: If you pour out like this, then I won’t stop.
SM: I love you.

(kisses, kisses, and more kisses in bed even)

I included the clip again as well, because frankly, it bears to be seen again. :)

A couple of things I noticed on the rewatch. I love that when she kisses him, he has a beat of surprise, but then he’s so immediately into the kiss, closing his eyes and savoring it, and yet still managing a thread of restraint. And, then when he warns her that if they continue, he won’t stop, he registers her consenting “I love you” with a little nod of acknowledgement of his own before he swoops in for more kisses, this time with no restraints whatsoever.  

Also, was LSG this good a kisser before? I don't remember his kiss scenes from previous dramas which make me think that they weren't that memorable. But, I love how he conveys so much with his eyes, and a tightening in his jaw, and these micro-movements that let us know how he feels.

Not to mention OYS. I haven't seen as many of her dramas, but I definitely don't remember any such passionate kiss scenes in Jang Bori. :) 

I also like the way they look together in the final scene with OG's fitted white shirt and black pants providing a contrast to SM's slim-fitted black dress. I also noticed watching this time how they managed to keep their lower bodies fairly far apart even as they kissed passionately on the bed, possibly because the actors are still a bit shy or so that the viewers don't burst into flames maybe. :) Okay, time for me to stop, before I go even more seriously perving.

Btw, @gf sherry, this kiss scene was the final scene of episode 18. Now, we have to wait a week for the aftermath in episode 19. :) 

29 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

@stroppyse iam! But not much of hardcore gaming these days. But before, yes I was. 

Have you ever played Pillars of Eternity? It's a bit of a classic.

maybe granny shopkeeper is Goddess of Love or Cupid:ph34r: her job is to make those two fall in love and become one, she used GGG as an arrow of love, the moment SM kissed OG inside of the Painting, love strikes  they both fall in Love.:wub:

OG did ask granny right? Who are you? she just smile....well heaven is the best matchmaker right ?

OMG ... Saturday is still six blocks away:tongue:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, hikaru_dawn said:

I'm all for this! :D like I said a while back, I hope when the final battle comes, Seon Mi is pregnant by then and their child will be her shield against the dragon

That would be cool. Imagine PK, MW, SM, OJ and WG's faces when they find out. Especially OG HAHHAHHAHA

Me too me too!!!!

maybe the baby in her womb will be the one to protect the mother 

i need to see OG *brontosaurus* moment with his own baby lol.

Sunmi gonna have a headache . Already can  imagine this monkey and baby monkey fighting for her everyday...

*why am i so nervous for Wed preview:wacko:*

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Rewatching episode 18 and it struck me. No one is actually giving a thought to saving JSM but SOG. :( Everyone wants to save SOG. MW was funny and all, sure, but he was trying to save SOG by trying to figure out how the GGG can be removed. Because that meant he could easily kill JSM and live. JSM is still just a tool for them all. No one but SOG actually cares for her. Summer Fairy did but she is gone.

Which makes me curious; will MW tell JSM about SOG's plan to die in her steed by himself or will she have some kind of vision and question him?

• Like 2
  • Sad 11

5 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Rewatching episode 18 and it struck me. No one is actually giving a thought to saving JSM but SOG. :( Everyone wants to save SOG. MW was funny and all, sure, but he was trying to save SOG by trying to figure out how the GGG can be removed. Because that meant he could easily kill JSM and live. JSM is still just a tool for them all. No one but SOG actually cares for her. Summer Fairy did but she is gone.

Which makes me curious; will MW tell JSM about SOG's plan to die in her steed by himself or will she have some kind of vision and question him?

Cant blame them

1. It was SJ’s calling to stop the mega evil spirit, not SOG

2. JSM is a human who dies in a matter of decades as opposed to OG who is a powerful immortal being.

if one thinks objectively, it is natural that SJ is the one to be sacrificed.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

He always blabber everything so i won't be surprised if he tells her. To him Sunmi is a mere human who isn't worth saving.. esp to the great sage.

please please no more noble idiocy. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, juzluvpink said:

Cant blame them

1. It was SJ’s calling to stop the mega evil spirit, not SOG

2. JSM is a human who dies in a matter of decades as opposed to OG who is a powerful immortal being.

if one thinks objectively, it is natural that SJ is the one to be sacrificed.

Logically yes it's her calling but they can speak out their sadness or portray it on her imminent death. I'm sad for her because no one actually cares for her. She spent so much time with them, helped them, warned them, worried about their well being but she never got the same in return.

3 minutes ago, haymochi said:

He always blabber everything so i won't be surprised if he tells her. To him Sunmi is a mere human who isn't worth saving.. esp to the great sage.

please please no more noble idiocy. 

True, she is like a toy for MW.

Noble idiocy is a given but I want to see if SOG will propose JSM for marriage since he thinks he may die fighting the dragon. I want a wedding since SOG has called her his bride for many episodes now.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Logically yes it's her calling but they can speak out their sadness or portray it on her imminent death. I'm sad for her because no one actually cares for her. She spent so much time with them, helped them, warned them, worried about their well being but she never got the same in return.

True, she is like a toy for MW.

Noble idiocy is a given but I want to see if SOG will propose JSM for marriage since he thinks he may die fighting the dragon. I want a wedding since SOG has called her his bride for many episodes now.

A mere toy for those demons , deities and someone to rip off for humans.

i feel so bad for her

sacrificing for each other def will happen but no more noble idiocy like hurting and breaking up again with GGG reason blah blah blah

• Like 4

Though I wanted to watch it until the sub is complete, I ended watching it without the decent subtitles. In episode 18, where’s a big revelation reveals how’d heaven played OG and SunMi’s feeling! (Heaven played with our hearts too).Now that he knew that the GGG is ineffective,why he did wear it?

From my perspective, maybe the great sage wanted to protect her from herself. If worst comes to worst, if SunMi will put them on tight spot,She foolishly followed ANS’s wishes before, what difference it will takes this time if OG’s life is on the line. SunMi will choose OG over herself definitely;  as for the great sage, if SunMi wish her death to save the world, the only recourse is to refuse SunMi.The sword is nonexistent anymore. He hid and sealed it under, therefore keeping the ggg is still effective since his main purpose now is to defy SunMi’s if her wishes means sacrificing her own life. These two will keep one another from harm though it means their own death.

• Like 7

Wow!! Haven’t watched the episodes yet, but catched a glimpse of the last clip in tvn facebook.. lots of kisses!! So come here in this forum now :wink: 

Never thought before that watching Hwayugi will be watching many kisses of the OTP :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

26 minutes ago, gf sherry said:

therefore keeping the ggg is still effective since his main purpose now is to defy SunMi’s if her wishes means sacrificing her own life. These two will keep one another from harm though it means their own death.

Sorry to cut your post.

So he kept the GGG on means, if she ever tried to do like when she took ASN's place, it won't work.

She doesn't like him being hurt, she'll rather die than him, but it's the same for him. So if she tries to sacrifice, he won't let her do and suffer from the pain the GGG give since he'll disobey her. But she won't bare watching him suffer so she'll stop trying to do something that'll get her killed. Right ? Well, it's a possibility...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I wanted to quote the clip but the moderator will give me a red card if I do.

hence if it’s not too much of asking, please try re-watching the clip, someone from YouTube made me watch it keenly. @ 1:20. There’s some string (its not my wording, believe me I’m innocent here) when they stop kissing at that point. Break the spell on me, please. 

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, gf sherry said:

I wanted to quote the clip but the moderator will give me a red card if I do.

hence if it’s not too much of asking, please try re-watching the clip, someone from YouTube made me watch it keenly. @ 1:20. There’s some string (its not my wording, believe me I’m innocent here) when they stop kissing at that point. Break the spell on me, please. 

LOL...

you are not the only one. Because of someone’s comment on youtube I also re-watched the scene at 1:20 and found there was a string of saliva between them. 

And also..someone on YT mentioned how LSG also even gulped (while staring and caressing OYS’s face) before proceeding to the endless puckering and kissing  OYS.

:D:D #pervertmode

• Confused 1
  • LOL 12

That saliva kiss (lol) is called philematology. It is one of kiss type that been practised (double lol) in western countries if I'm not mistaken. I'm not a kiss expert. I also just figure it out through some research and journal. Hahaahha.

@chunkyung_8690 yess, I also spot LSG gulp for a while before they kiss. Nervous maybe :tongue:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

32 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

LOL...

you are not the only one. Because of someone’s comment on youtube I also re-watched the scene at 1:20 and found there was a string of saliva between them. 

And also..someone on YT mentioned how LSG also even gulped (while staring and caressing OYS’s face) before proceeding to the endless puckering and kissing  OYS.

:D:D #pervertmode

WHO wouldn’t? She parted her lips a bit like she is ready for another one.... :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 6