[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

I have to say I actually really adored the return of mischievous Son Oh Gong with a bit of a mean streak to him in episode 15. This is a translation of a scene after OG has decided to mess with ASN since he doesn't want ASN to be too happy. So, one of the things he does is interrupt ASN's little shopping for free gig.

Male clerk: Will you be paying for it with a credit card?
ASN: I’ll just…take it with me.
Male clerk: Yes. Just go ahead and leave.
(OG snaps his fingers.)
Male clerk: Customer, wait a moment! Wait a moment! You have to pay for it before you go.
ASN: I said that I’m just going.
Male clerk: Yes. You have to pay for it before you can leave.
ASN: I said I’m going.
Male clerk: That’s why, please hurry up and pay for it before you leave.
ASN: But I don’t have any money.
Male clerk: If you don’t have any money, then just give them back. (ASN hands back the bag.) You seem to be a person who should know better. (ASN starts to walk off.)
Female clerk: Where are you going? (ASN turns around) Please take it off.
ASN: Fine. Give me my own clothes.
Male clerk: You told us to throw them away earlier. The trash can is over there.
(ASN goes digging for her old clothes, then leaves the store to see OG.)

ASN: This is your doing.
OG: Why are you wearing clothes like that? Just like you. (me: he’s insulting her as being as soiled and a mess) Oh, Jin Seon Mi, even when she dressed like a beggar, was pretty. You…
ASN: I think I definitely said not to mess with me.
OG: No, no. I’m just watching. Because you’re pretty.
ASN: You’re saying I’m pretty?
OG: You’re not pretty! It was a lie. Ahh… how could you be fooled by that. You’re easy.
ASN: I wasn’t fooled.
OG: You were fooled. And, you’ll continue to be fooled. You said you like me. You said you want to have me. Should I give me to you? (at ASN’s look) I’m not giving me to you! It was a lie! See, you were fooled again.

So, not only does OG mess with ASN's little mind control bit, causing her to be humiliated by the sales clerks, but then he shows how easily he can insult her and lie to her. :lol:

1 hour ago, tweets said:

I can't figure out how to post pictures (figured it out)....  but if anyone is watching ep 15 and checks out the scene where the candidate and his assistant are checking out the sarcophagus and talking about the king maker or whatever history, you can see a picture of what looks like a bull's head hanging over the doorway behind them. :) 

Woaah nice catch, i just finished watching the raw version and not really pay attention to it. If KDS really MW child then the end of the world gonna be MW and OG fight, woaah really fascinating

@haymochi @deanne3004 yeah it could be that way too. Really hope it's not MW who open the hell gate. Tonight episode hopefully will let us know what we curious about.

About LSG hands, woaah seriously his hands really sexy, undeniable sexy hand.

11 hours ago, ukeindo19 said:

About LSG's sexy hands... we need another thread specifically to start gushing about it. Stat. :D

Totally agreed.

I made the screenshot of LSG hands hahaha, seriously very sexy hands ❤️

LSG_hands_Hwaugi_ep_15_part_2.jpg

LSG_hands_Hwaugi_ep_15.jpg

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, deanne3004 said:

@dvrels i think ASN purposely said that to MW because she just wants to play his feeling as she  knew anything that relate to IF is MW's weakness. Plus, she did not tell who is the child. She just give the clue. Therefore, MW will wonder who is his child and cannot kill ASN as she is useful for him to know it. :)

Yes i wish that SM would be MW's child but Im too scared right now that the writers will go the Kang Daesung route. OMG PLEASE NO

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

This scene is a continuation from the last scene translation I posted. OG is still trying to egg ASN, but she's getting some of her own licks back.

OG: I’m testing you. Since we’re going to be married, I wanted to know more about you. Thinking about it, I thought a bad guy and a bad chick could live together well after all. Does this seem like a lie? Does it feel as if you’re being fooled again? Should I not learn more about you?
ASN: Go ahead and continue. Since, I’m fine with it. What should I do? So that you’ll come to like me, I’ll try to do it.
OG: Really? Then let’s go to work.
ASN: To the real estate office? Why should I?
OG: You’ll end up going there. Since I’m going to go there. (walks off)

(at real estate office)
OG: She (meaning SM), even when she was busy catching evil spirits, continued to diligently do her job here. Do you think you can do it also?
ASN: Within this body, all the memories are contained here. Even the small things, I can remember them all. If you want it, I can treat you exactly the same as that woman had treated you.
OG: Exactly the same?
ASN: (reciting a JSM line from memory) Son Oh Gong, at an ordinary job, this is a busy time. Stop fooling around and get out.
OG: (controlling his expression) Hey, you really can do it well. Go ahead and continue.
ASN: (reciting yet another memory) I keep liking you more and more. Please make allowances for the me who has come to like you. (laughs at OG’s suddenly still face) Shall I continue?
OG: Yes. If you continue to do well like that, I will probably be completely fooled.
ASN: I can do that. Ultimately, I will be able to fool your heart as well. (approaches OG) Being fooled and fooling each other, we can live even better together.
OG: You’re good at that. A bad guy and a bad chick fooling each other, that’s a proper way to be. So, it’s on you then. Try your best to do things exactly like her. After watching how you do, I’ll let myself be fooled by you. Fighting. (disappears in a puff of smoke)

So, this scene continues the same line with OG deliberately taunting her, however, ASN starts fighting back by using provocative memories from SM's mind, even as she's trying to convince OG that they can be a couple and that she's willing to do whatever it took to get him to want her. OG is obviously still fooling ASN, except, he's no longer even hiding his disdain. His last little, dry, sarcastic "Fighting" as he leaves is mocking that ASN is actually making a case that they can continue to fool each other and make each other happy, but with that tinge of bitterness that he can't control.

Then the continuation of this scene where ASN is trying to cope being JSM with HJ is pretty hilarious. HJ is just so not impressed with ASN, and instead keeps making comments to the effect that ASN has lost her mind or has all of a sudden become an idiot. :lol:

Despite the absence of SM for most of the episode and thus OG spending it most of it in pain and desperation, I liked episode 15. I liked OG messing with ASN, and then finally tricking her so that he can go rescue SM back. I also appreciate that SM does come back with OG after all. I know that SM is about to take the geumganggo off at the end of the episode, but I don't think she does take it off. OG may wake up and prevent SM from taking it off for whatever reason.

And, to contrast all the angst, the episode did throw up some levity to lighten it up, of which, my favorite is also OG asking MW to sleep with him to protect him from ASN's advances. :lol:

Anyway, will have to see what happens in the next episode since the OTP are together again. I hope that they'll stay together now and fight together, rather than separating again.

Guest norakim

Does anyone know who the actress that plays the Summer Fairy? I wish she was in the drama more. It's hard to be emotionally attached to a character when you hardly see her on the screen.    

I'm sorry OG for saying this...

but i kinda miss ASN in Sunmi's body already... lol :tongue::tongue:. She was a psycho but in a very femme fatale way

i hope the taking off GGG by Sunmi will make OG wants to activate it again hmmm..

it's so unfair if we get 2 hottest scenes  btw OG-ASN but not Sunmi haha but OG seems to treat Sunmi so preciously so i doubt their scene will be that hot

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 7

23 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I'm sorry OG for saying this...

but i kinda miss ASN in Sunmi's body already... lol :tongue::tongue:. She was a psycho but in a very femme fatale way

i hope the taking off GGG by Sunmi will make OG wants to activate it again hmmm..

it's so unfair if we get 2 hottest scenes  btw OG-ASN but not Sunmi haha but OG seems to treat Sunmi so preciously so i doubt their scene will be that hot

Oh Gong treat Sun Mi with care and very sweet so i doubt that hot scene like push and then kiss will not happen hehehe

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I don't know about the reason of the rating but last night ep gained positive and hot responds 

I admit that i kinda miss the ghostbusting .  ASN keeps sticking around does richard simmons off some viewers but i bet Hong sisters already planned this story from the beginning. ASN will be the biggest villain that's gonna open the gate of hell

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Viki subs is almost already 92% the last time i checked.  

I guess the low rating should alarm the writer and tvn that viewers maybe don't like the recent story is going to that kind of direction.  Maybe because of the Olympics? Idk.. they used to get higher rating despite of the Olympics. I guess the viewers upset with how the plot turned to be like that,so they prefer to tune in to the olympics instead. Maybe ya... I can be wrong. 

must be olympics the drop is way to big for anything else. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee Seung Gi Is Lost In Thought As New Dilemmas Come His Way in “Hwayugi”

Lee-Seung-Gi-1-1.jpg

vN’s weekend drama “Hwayugi” has released new stills that show Lee Seung Gi looking charismatic as ever as he holds a sword in his hand and is lost in thought.

Son Oh Gong (Lee Seung Gi) has been stealing the hearts of viewers with his straightforward confessions of love and his protection of Jin Sun Mi (Oh Yeon Seo). In the upcoming episode’s new stills, he can be seen holding a sword in his hands as he is lost in thought. It has not yet been revealed where the sword came from or what Son Oh Gong plans to do with it, and the serious expression on his face is raising the stakes as it looks like something tragic is about to fall upon Son Oh Gong and Jin Sun Mi.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/18/lee-seung-gi-lost-thought-new-dilemmas-come-way-hwayugi/

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Muhahaha... I just love the bromance between those two bickering monsters... that scene where OG asks MW if he can bunk with him for the night. LOL. That just killed me.

Awwww... I love angry lovelorn OG... I love how he wants to shred the ASY into smithereens, I love how he wants to throttle her to death and I love that he can't endure for more than a day not knowing where his JSM has gone to. I just love LSG as SOG... he is just perfect.

The scene where ASY tries on the red ensemble reminded me of when OYS did Pretty Woman in Jang Bo Ri. That show drove me nuts but there was no denying her chemistry with KJH there. OYS can't look bad even if she tried.

Maybe it's because of years of Star Trek indoctrination that I'm asking this question: but isn't there a way to sedate JSM's body? GIve her some knock-out drugs to keep ASY from being frisky and going shopping? That seemed to work in Trek when alien parasites took over a human host.

• Like 7

Can someone just brush their fringe forward, spray/ wax or put hair mud on it. And tell me if it's comfortable.

SOG's rock hard not a single strand out of place fringe has been distracting... in a  " wow doesn't if irritate you ? " sort of way. I know the stylist is trying to imitate the same hairline as the other Monkey Gods hair style but for some reason, it looks weird. LSG looks very manly in this style. Just not comfortable.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Maybe it's because of years of Star Trek indoctrination that I'm asking this question: but isn't there a way to sedate JSM's body? GIve her some knock-out drugs to keep ASY from being frisky and going shopping? That seemed to work in Trek when alien parasites took over a human host.

I am sure there are a lot of ways to knock her out but OG didn't want to try anything dangerous because if he got caught she(ASN) would take it out on SJ's body, by feeding her to demons or MW as she threatened. 

But he still managed to do so(by making out with her):flushed: and got SJ back in her own body. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ravenbleu said:

I am sure there are a lot of ways to knock her out but OG didn't want to try anything dangerous because if he got caught she(ASN) would take it out on SJ's body, by feeding her to demons or MW as she threatened. 

But he still managed to do so(by making out with her):flushed: and got SJ back in her own body. 

Still a win win situation i guess?

since it's still sunmi body lol

• Like 5

Hwayugi: Episode 15

by javabeans

hwayugi15-00116.jpg

Today it’s one sort of love pitted against another sort of love, which makes for a pretty strong clash since motivations go deep and emotions run high. In fact, love is the driving force in more than one side storyline as well, giving us all sorts of conflicted characters and colliding goals, some of them pure at heart and others more twisted. ‘Cause when a monster falls in love, you can be sure there’s lots of twisted involved.

EPISODE 15 RECAP

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/hwayugi-episode-15/

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1