[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

11 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

My goal this week is to watch ep 1 and 2 to relive the moments pre-GGG, when the great monkey himself unconsciously relentlessly watching over our Sunmi (only to say that it was the GGG's doing! :D )

It was like Emack&Bolio's tower ice cream on a hot summer's day for me.

I'm actually doing the same thing to relieve my stress and tomorrow is def  going to be a supee long wait till night time... phew

When you rewatch , there are just lots of new poignant discoveries that you want to point out haha

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

My goal this week is to watch ep 1 and 2 to relive the moments pre-GGG, when the great monkey himself unconsciously relentlessly watching over our Sunmi (only to say that it was the GGG's doing! :D )

It was like Emack&Bolio's tower ice cream on a hot summer's day for me.

I'm actually doing the same thing to relieve my stress and tomorrow is def  going to be a supee long wait till night time... phew

When you rewatch , there are just lots of new poignant discoveries that you want to point out haha

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, juzluvpink said:

The hand that is touching the coffin does not have GGG on it, so it can’t be OhGong. I suspect it is Prof Kang, waiting for ASN to come look for him as promised/threatened.

You might be right but his arm was extended or positioned downward, naturally the suit/long sleeves will covered the entire arm including his wrist. Unless if raised upward or raised mid half of the body. Anyway it’s just my speculation :).

• Like 7

9 hours ago, astrobooy said:

@aunniek, the article in this link seems to basically be a lift out of the good parts of the article you asked me to translate. :) So the below is just a quick summary of things mostly not covered by the soompi article.

The Korean article talks about the 19 rating worthy stills showing the bed scene, and goes into the background of the drama as well as OG and SM’s romance. It also refers to OG and SM as the Geumganggo Couple, btw.

It talks about the developments in the last episode of how OG and SM had ascertained their feelings for each other and even agreed to marry, and then the interference by ASN to switch her soul with SM’s.

It then goes on to describe the stills, noting that it’s causing a ton of reaction and curiosity among viewers of what the scene actually is since SM is normally so reserved but now seems to be made up with dark eye makeup and red lips and looking lustfully at OG, who in turn is staring intently at SM while stroking her cheek looking like the perfect romantic partner. There is speculation as to whether this is really SM really taking their relationship to the next level or a plot twist. 

They then note that this is the first time that LSG and OYS have had a scene with such serious skinship, but like the veteran actors they are, they treated each other normally on the set, teasing and joking with each other. The article also notes that OYS who had to show a much more aggressive behaviour also worked it out with the director and LSG. However, as soon as the camera started rolloing, LSG transformed to show the charisma of Oh Son Gong while OYS showed a Ji Seon Mi who had become 180 degrees different than to the usual Jin Seon Mi that she had been portraying, eliciting admiration from the staff and making for a smooth shoot.

I actually thought the last bit of the article which differentiated the actors from the characters was nice. Regardless of where the story goes, it is still OYS who has to depict the different souls as well as changes in behaviour and character that is happening within SM’s body. :) 

I’m really looking forward to the next episode to see whether it is really SM in bed with OG, or some mindplay from ASN. I’m still hoping it is SM, and that SM and OG get to be together again whether there is an actual bed scene or not.

Written preview and translation but @stroppyse can you help clear if ASN comes to know that SOG is onto her?

4 hours ago, haymochi said:

@YourHighness .Your theory is so on engaging, i would like the story to be like the way you wrote.

I also believe Sunmi will def share that ability to foresee the future hence her sacrifice is necessary.

However someone wrote that Sunmi's power is not her blood or whatever but her human heart which no demon could ever have. A pure heart with faith and love that will defeat all the evils

Oh I agree. JSM's power is her ability to love. Her pure heart. Just like Harry Potter's greatest weapon against Voldemort was love. There's so many similarities Harry-Voldemort and JSM-ASN. The connection through the sharing of their minds/body. Just like JSM's blood woke up ASN, Harry's blood was used to give Voldemort a body. Which is why I think JSM's blood and sacrifice may be needed to send ASN back to her grave and to close the hells door.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, dvrels said:

The soompi article about the newest still cut. This part of the article really make me feel happy and funny at the same time hahaha

"Since this was the first time Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo filmed a romantic scene to this degree, the actors were reportedly shy while filming. When the two actors showed up on set, they playfully joked around with one another to set a friendly mood for the scene. Because she had to be more aggressive, Oh Yeon Seo brainstormed with Lee Seung Gi and the director to coordinate the scene. When filming began, Lee Seung Gi showed off his charisma while Oh Yeon Seo transformed into a sultry girlfriend."

I wonder what jokes did they make before this bed scene and how shy they are before making this scene :D

I'm not surprised that even LSG was shy because his only romantic scene involving a bed scene was the one in King 2 Hearts and this is how it literally went frame by frame. It was so tame even for kdrama that in 2012 when it was airing the fandom wasn't 100% sure that the OTP slept together until the news of miscarrige broke out on TV two episodes later. This "bed" scene in Hwayugi, even if it won't go all the way, is on a completely different level.

fyg1Kfd.pngvgoICR8.png6wMZ4Q1.png

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, briseis said:

I'm not surprised that even LSG was shy because his only romantic scene involving a bed scene was the one in King 2 Hearts and this is how it literally went frame by frame. It was so tame even for kdrama that in 2012 when it was airing the fandom wasn't 100% sure that the OTP slept together until the news of miscarrige broke out on TV two episodes later. This "bed" scene in Hwayugi, even if it won't go all the way, is on a completely different level.

King2Hearts is fave of miiiinnnneee and I stanned Ji Won eonnie longer than Seungi (whom I started to stan after the drama) BUT DAMMNNNNNNNN THE SCENE WITH OYS IS SO PROVOCATIVE HOW TO SURVIVE THE EPISODE WITHOUT SUBS. HOW TO SURVIVE WWWIIITH SUBS 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images. Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11

36 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Written preview and translation but @stroppyse can you help clear if ASN comes to know that SOG is onto her?

Yes, the written preview says that ASN realizes OG is acting and thus onto her, and tries to hide SM’s body. I wonder if this is when ASN goes back into BJ’s body and goes to reclaim the sarcophagus in order to hide SM’s body for awhile. 

I’m still hoping that SM wakes up and starts fighting, ...starting with wrestling OG into taking thier relationship to the next level. :D Okay, okay, I’ll settle for SM waking up and giving OG a big hug. :) 

16 minutes ago, akoomy said:

I love how the information we get of the scenes filming is that LSG and OYS are really considerate and discuss things and then the BTS is all about Mawang, SMH.

I actually wonder if this is the production being respectful rather than dismissive? I haven’t watched a lot of OYS or LSG dramas before, but either one could be reticent about having a BTS shot while they’re filming. I know that LSG is in other BTS clips, but the ones with LSG and OYS tend to be more flirty, teasing, romantic in nature, and they may be shy about agreeing to those BTS. Or OYS may just be shy about being in the BTS. While the BTS are great for fan service, I can imagine that not every actor/actress might be comfortable about them.

This is purely my speculation, btw, since the articles about OYS have been consistently positive.

"Not only are the characters growing closer together, but Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo have also been impressing the production staff with how well they work together. While preparing for the scene, the two actors are said to have kept the atmosphere lively by sharing their favorite books. Once cameras started rolling, Lee Seung Gi had everyone smiling when he ad-libbed a moment of Son Oh Gong adjusting the height of his book pile to get the best angle to stare at Jin Sun Mi"

Source :

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/18/lee-seung-gi-cant-keep-eyes-off-oh-yeon-seo-quiet-library-date-hwayugi/

We can get information about the otp from article, since the bts wasn't showing much about our otp

• Like 14

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, the written preview says that ASN realizes OG is acting and thus onto her, and tries to hide SM’s body. I wonder if this is when ASN goes back into BJ’s body and goes to reclaim the sarcophagus in order to hide SM’s body for awhile. 

I’m still hoping that SM wakes up and starts fighting, ...starting with wrestling OG into taking thier relationship to the next level. :D Okay, okay, I’ll settle for SM waking up and giving OG a big hug. :) 

Thanks for clearing it out. So ASN does figure out that SOG knows she is not JSM. If she goes back into BJ then JSM's body is basically empty and ready for JSM to get back into if she wakes up due to SOG's desperate call for her to come back.

A hug is a must when she wakes up. I can't wait to see their emotional reunion.:wub: Maybe SOG will kiss her silly which would lead to....

Untitled.gif

A girl can hope. ^_^

Which brings me to, Mawang when he stops SOG from killing ASN. He seemed like he got his vision back in that scene of the preview. Did she help him with it? Is that why he's protecting her? This is one of the reasons why I cannot root for the Bromance of SOG and Mawang. It feels one sided. SOG cares about Mawang but Mawang only thinks about himself and his serial killer wife.

Which reminds me. Mawang's wife was sentenced to 108 reincarnations. Seemed pretty random a number? Perhaps she had stolen souls of 108 human children and so she was sentenced to that amount of suffering? It's so unfair that she suffered the least- 9 when Mawang suffered 88 and SOG suffered 10 in her stead. I am not counting SBR's 1 here. Imagine the pain that the mothers of those children went to. How is this fair?

• Like 16

Just finished watching episode 14... I cried. It was really sad and crazy the way things are for this 2 people. I wish they learned how to communicate better. Trusting each other. Instead of trying to be who is more in love more than the other... hence sacrifice one self. I can feel how SOG felt, when he begged a sleeping SJ to wake up... I can feel his longing wanting her back.  I know some of you out there is waiting for ASN to take over SJ body, so that you could see the transform SJ.... HONESTLY who cares what colors clothing one wears.... all I wanted the innocent SJ and SOG being the protector to stand by her. That’s love. Not some comments made - what color clothing ya da...ya da... to me the heart is beautiful then the outside.   LSG and OYS... just acted so well. I can’t find fault.. I just need a more time of them together.....and everybody in this drama acted so well. Is like everyone is crazy trying so hard at their end to make the viewers have the many feeling romance, sad, happy, funny, crazy, mystic, anger and scary... is like a box of choc... 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1