[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Assuming that the professor's two goons are really dead and it isn't just blood spatter gore for effect, the Asanyeo's need for a blood sacrifice was noteworthy. It seemed to be left to the imagination as to how their blood got into her system and how that affected her "recovery", so to speak. Although we're told she was revived by SJ's blood presumably, she could "top up" by using the blood of normal human beings. Why was that necessary, I wonder? Was it because Se Ra is a member of the undead and can't be sustained long term?

Like others have said, the choice of roses to invoke her powers must surely mean something. That and its association with blood. On appearance they share the same colour. But OG notes... the roses are pretty to look at but deadly. It's also curious that when OG is stopped in his tracks by the geumganggo, apart from the excruciating pain he feels from its tightening effects, he coughs up blood, which no doubts portends another blood sacrifice down the track. But unlike that blood sacrifice demanded by the Asanyeo, taken by force in murderous fashion, I am inclined to think that the other sacrifice will be freely given... the giver will know full well the cost, bear every ounce of the pain and give it wholeheartedly.

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I'm sure the use of roses isn't accidental and that they symbolize eternal love is well-known. But like the thorns that come with the beauty of the petals, love hurts too... it makes demands and it exacts a high price.

• Like 7

I'm  grateful to ASN for killing those two men. Then OG won't have to sin by hurting humans and Buja won't be harrass by them again hmmph...

I wonder how ASN real form is? She took Buja's body but how does she looks thousand years ago? 

Don't tell me she is related to samjang somehow. Maybe the sin she commited have to be paid by sunmi family for generations

Since she was killed unjustly during her wedding and we have Sunmi who married OG twice  . Maybe she will die during her marriage too *imagination gone wild*

• Like 4

oh dear. Our SOG is fed up with heaven. again. HA!:blush:

I knew Buja's spell would not last long, SOG is SOG, if the heavenly realm couldnt bind him down. 

I hope there is more character development with JSM in the upcoming eps.

Looking forward to MW's blooming plot. Not going to be tricked, MW will definitely be here with us for the rest of the 7eps. 

I think its the actual farewell ep for buja. Nice Meeting You

• Like 8

This looks soooooo awesome. OG finally will deal with the death bell (I'm so so happy) and SM finally shows her temper.

But if ASN take off GGG I'll be very disappointed. I want the scene where SM is taking GGG off, they're looking at each other with heart eyes :wub: Give us this romantic scene, please

• Like 7

I love Mawang for telling Sunmi the truth

stop hiding the truth from her

so Mawang won't betray OG. Phew.... he knows what best for  his princess

whst i get from this drama are the guys busy protecting their mortal humans. I hope we will get to see OG+MW+Samjang+PG +OJ saving the world together

it's what they promised us not only the love me not part...

where did you guys get the taking off GGG part? It's still on his hand

• Like 9

9 hours ago, haymochi said:

Og already fell too deep in love

In the beginning it's alwyas him forcing his love on her (not in a bad way) but:

1. He wanted to learn what she likes

2. He saved her from the world where she dies when he can just leave her there and their contract will be finished.

3. He felt loving her was so painful

4 . He let go of his biggest desire: alcohol just for a small happiness of hers

5. Despite sad and heartbroken, he let go for her happiness sake to live normally 

6. He apologized sincerely (Can you imagine this prideful Great Sage apologizing to a mere human?)

7. He doesn't need love and respect from anyone except her haha

This is what i mean but i'm not gonna think so negatively anymore .

Sigh...

Thanks for pointing these out, now I can feel how gentleman SOG is Hahaha. 

I noticed Lee Seung Gi is becoming more handsome after his military.

• Like 7

OMG, that preview. I'm so glad Ma Wang got his comeuppance. I'm pretty sure he's not permanently dead, but I'm glad he is being punished for being such a richard simmons. He seemed to have temporarily lost his way on his journey to enlightenment.  I'm sorry but I have been so upset and disappointed in Ma Wang since ep 10. When after confirming SM wasn't SJ anymore and immediately tried to kiss up to the bookseller. That was an evil spirit dammit, why does he think it was okay as long as he got points? Did he really think Heaven was going to give him those points? What kind of richard simmons logic does this bull have? I have been iffy about trusting him since the beginning when he sent little SM to get that fan from OG. He knows how dangerous OG can be, how can he just nonchalantly send a little girl to her death and not even feel a little bit of remorse for it. That being said, I love MW and OG's frenemy/bromance. I hope we get more of that from now on as they start to work together. 

I'm glad OG was mad at the Heavens for giving SM and him the deadly fate to punish him. What has she ever done to receive so much pain? If they wanted to kill him, they should have just killed him. That's right OG stand up for your honey. 

I'm totally excited about the proposal. The table has flipped and now OG is going to get to see SM jealous side. :lol: Can't wait.

P.S. That long table in front of So Bo Ri, I wonder how many times OG has broken it so far LOL. We've already seen it twice now, I wonder if there will be a third LOL

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

This is PURE SPECULATION. But I was scrolling through weibo and fans are speculating that OG already knew MW will betray him.

Remember how OG can transform and impersonate others? There was this scene in ep12 where MW is discussing with the dog secretary on how he wants to betray OG and make a contract with the priestess. Fans are saying that it is actually OG in the disguise :o

See video here on the scene I'm talking about: 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4204931952572229

Look at how the dog secretary is sitting and the way she smiled! Doesn't it really look like how OG would have acted? She's normally standing upright and respectfully. But in this scene, the way she sits, and that smile.. hmm :o

So maybe in ep13, OG is plotting a revenge against MW for betraying him?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for sharing the preview link! I think SOG used his illusion to meet up with the Priestess in episode 12. That's why even though she removed his GGG in the preview, he is still wearing it later on when he hugs JSM and even when he confronted BR.

37 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

OMG, that preview. I'm so glad Ma Wang got his comeuppance. I'm pretty sure he's not permanently dead, but I'm glad he is being punished for being such a richard simmons. I'm sorry but I have been so upset and disappointed in Ma Wang since ep 10. when after confirming SM was SJ anymore and immediately tried to kiss up to the bookseller. That was an evil spirit dammit, why does he think it was okay as long as he got points? Did he really think Heaven was going to give him those points? What kind of richard simmons logic does this bull have? I never really trusted him since the beginning when he sent little SM to get that fan from OG. He knows how dangerous OG can be, how can he just nonchalantly send a little girl to her death and not even feel a little bit of remorse for it. That being said, I love MW and OG's frenemy/bromance. I hope we get more of that from now on as they start to work together. 

I'm glad OG was mad at the Heavens for giving SM and him the deadly fate to punish him. What has she ever done to receive so much pain? If they wanted to kill him, they should have just killed him. That's right OG stand up for your honey. 

I'm totally excited about the proposal. The table has flipped and now OG is going to get to see SM jealous side. :lol: Can't wait.

P.S. That long table in front of So Bo Ri, I wonder how many times OG has broken it so far LOL. We've already seen it twice now, I wonder if there will be a third LOL

I totally agree 100% with you. Mawang needs to get boundaries. How is he supposed to become a deity when he is so selfish with a tunnel vision? He is even ready to shake hands with a dangerous Shaman just to help out his lady love, who I am sorry but deserves her punishment and more. Mawang's love/wife was basically a serial killer of CHILDREN.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1