[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

39 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Really have to give credit to the Hong sisters. First they introduced us to Bu Ja an innocent girlish zombie with manners (always apologizing for being smelly!).. made us fall in love and root for her. And with then came the twist - she got possessed by a horrible shaman and become totally new person, messing with our OTP’s relationship. Will she be freed from this evil spirit? Where will this go from here!!

Also, I am loving how with this week’s episodes, the evil force is getting stronger. No more strange dudes that look like dirt clouds, but real evil coming into play. Give our SOG a real challenge! :)

Will SOG attempt to kill SM, while under the influence of BJ? 

It’s only Monday!! Argh.:wacko: 

If Bu Ja is possessed by evil spirit, I wonder if Bu Ja will still be as lively if SM died? Or rather, the death of SM will be free ticket for evil spirits to possess corpses and reclaim the world?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Both Buja and OG are connected to Sunmi. I hope it will play a part in making them free from the possesion.

haish.. they shouldn't have gotten rid of the spirit guarding the tree. It was protected not to be cut down for a reason. The spirit warning "you foolish human, it's now all on your own"

it already indicates that this evil shaman will be one of the biggest villain in destroying the world. BJ-> OG->Sunmi-> Kang Dae Sung.

this Ahn Sae nyeo seems to be looking for someone loved/ powerful so in the end she needs somone who holds the greatest power 

• Like 10

Wonder if Monkey King's title mean anything if he's possesed easily.

Great Sage

Equal of Heaven

Does this mean he actually lets himself be possesed (perhaps because it's all related to individuals who are close to him, e.g. Bu Ja (who is close to PK and has Samjang's blood) and Ah Sa Nyeo (who is somehow related to Ma Wang))

Interesting. It is actually a better thought than thinking that he is possesed involuntarily, which can also mean that whoever possess him has power over him, who is a great sage and equal to Heaven.

No wonder we need that bracelet.

• Like 7

Thank you, @stroppyse !

I guess if the bracelet is taken off, the OG who loves Sunmi under bracelet's influence worries that the OG who is free and loving Sunmi might have problems and hurt Sunmi in the end.

But honestly after watching end of ep 11, I am not sure which one will die first.

I'm still keen that the bracelet is actually saving them both, spiritually, at least.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, gutibear said:

I love that Chinese's version. Never missed any episode. Just like its original version, I think SOG will be misunderstood by everyone. I remember I hated the monk then..

But this time Mawang knew?

sigh.. OG should have just told Sunmi.

i don't want samjang to get hate again :bawling:

• Like 8

Hwayugi: Episode 12

by girlfriday

hwayugi12-01663a.jpg

Things take an unexpected turn when our heroes discover that they’ve awakened something extremely old and powerful, and basically rolled out the red carpet for evil to enter their lives. This is what you get for ignoring the warning signs, people—when a demon is afraid of something, just go ahead and assume it’s really bad.

read more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/hwayugi-episode-12/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

This drama hasn't made me cry so much till this episode 12 when OG  was stopping SJ from coming closer to him - Poor JSM :(.

How ignorance OG is .... still had time to cure BJ's wound but not comforting JSM first, I remember BigBang's song for this Oh Gong

"Loser, oetori sen cheokhaneun geopjaengi - motdoen yangachi geoul soge neon - Just a, loser....." *Baek-In-Ha's style (CheeseInTheTrap)*

I can feel JSM pain.:(

And with that BJ holding on to OG's jacket....and and at the end of this episode, When BJ is touching OG's face.......and sitting on OG's lap, OMG :crazy: I think I replayed that BigBang's song even louder !! :crazy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

This drama hasn't made me cry so much till this episode 12 when OG  was stopping SJ from coming closer to him - Poor JSM :(.

How ignorance OG is .... still had time to cure BJ's wound but not comforting JSM first, I remember BigBang's song for this Oh Gong

"Loser, oetori sen cheokhaneun geopjaengi - motdoen yangachi geoul soge neon - Just a, loser....." *Baek-In-Ha's style (CheeseInTheTrap)*

I can feel JSM pain.:(

And with that BJ holding on to OG's jacket....and and at the end of this episode, When BJ is touching OG's face.......and sitting on OG's lap, OMG :crazy: I think I replayed that BigBang's song even louder !! :crazy:

I rofl at this :D:lol:

I feel JSM pain as well. Esp next week if OG is under evil shaman spell (i can't wait for next week but i don't think i can watch SM sad eyes again) 

But to defend him not comforting SM, he was in shock as well. He never thought that SM could kill him. He is the  prideful  Great Sage Sun Oh Gong afterall. Everything about love and pain are completely new to him

• Like 9

10 Things That Happen In Every Single Episode Of “Hwayugi”

Cha-Seung-Won-Lee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo2-

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from “Hwayugi,” it’s that life as a demon in the human world is no walk in the park, especially when all of your friends are also monks, demons, and zombies. Throw all these eccentric characters together into one drama, and it’s a recipe for some epic recurring absurdities and running jokes that only get more hilarious with each week. From body part malfunctions to the consumption of exorbitant amounts of ice cream, here are 10 things that we can be sure will happen in every episode of “Hwayugi”!

1. Someone uses Ma Wang’s bull statue as a coat hanger

There’s nothing that irks Ma Wang (Cha Seung Won) more than when he finds Oh Gong’s coat hung on his precious bull statue. And there’s nothing that Son Oh Gong (Lee Seung Gi) loves to do more than irk Ma Wang, so this has quickly become a familiar sight:

Cha-Seung-Won2-e1517401823129.jpg

2. Oh Gong is cold

It’s hard to believe that Oh Gong’s outlandishly massive fur coats don’t keep him warm, but alas, the poor Great Sage is always complaining about the cold — but hey, if we were born in a volcano, we probably would be too.

Lee-Seung-Gi-11-1-e1516629155220.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/05/10-things-happen-every-episode-hwayugi/

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Its Sunday Episode rating was down on its Saturday rating that is quite odd. 

this always happens to a drama around the climax when the couple isn't doing so well. as along as next week's episodes are good, and show more of sunmi and oh gong it will probably go up.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Its Sunday Episode rating was down on its Saturday rating that is quite odd. 

It usually happens to a show in it's middle part .. some viewers are starting to feel frustrated with the angst  until the story moves along again.

and last Sunday, Hwayugi has a strong competitors. Bad Guys2 and Money Flower are airing their final eps.  Bad Guys went up from 3%++ to 4.8% 

• Like 6

Can’t manage to finish watching ep 12 

:D i read that buja will sit on SOG lap so i am like sad because JSM has not had that chance to do it first yet :blush: 

do you guys think that SOG will get misunderstood especially by JSM 

I mean when SOG told MW that he definitely will not die and find a way out 

so i know he loves JSM but he doesn’t want to die either so maybe he will do a lot to avoid being killed or killing her but JSM will misunderstand him thinking that he has been planning a way to kill her and think he betrayed her by using her love for him. By her sadness she could kill him or she ends her life blaming herself that bad fate is her fault. Maybe this can happen at the end of the drama. 

This just my crazy thinking after i had a nightmare with this drama :grimace:

• Like 5