[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, aisling said:

@chickfactor Could you kindly translate episode 11 preview for us? I’m especially curious what JA said to her grandma...

[Unknown person]: Of course he should be fired.

Ji-An: Don't worry. He'll be fired soon.

Dong-Hoon: I thought if I, just one person made the sacrifice, then everyone's life would just flow on, smoothly.

Joon-Young: Let's just blow it up, huh?

Dong-Hoon: Making sure Yoon-Hee doesn't know what I know. Is that difficult?

Joon-Young: How dare you, when you're only a manager?

Dong-Hoon: You should have denied it!! (punch his face) I will step on and flatten you.

Ji-An: When you go to work tomorrow, fire me when a lot of people are watching.

Dong-Hoon: I will make sure that you fulfill your contracted work period, and when you go work elsewhere, people say that you are a good employee.

Ji-An: That among people [I am] friendly with, that there is someone like that, it makes me happy.

OR

That among people [he is] friendly with, that there is someone like that, it makes me happy.

(It's not possible to know who she is talking about, exactly, in the last thing that Ji-An says. Korean sentences can be formed without the subject.)

--

http://program.tving.com/tvn/mymister/10/Board/List

Ep. 11 Text Preview - translated:

Next day, Ji-An removes the slippers she gave Dong-Hoon as a gift from his desk drawer, and throws it in a trash can.

Exec. Director Wang's people, who want to make Dong-Hoon a Director, consider Ji-An a stumbling block, and try to take action.

Director Yoon is doing his best to try and create a weakness for Dong-Hoon.

When Yoon-Hee receives a request (from Joon-Young?) to keep her affair with Joon-Young a secret the limits of her patience is tested.

Dong-Hoon, feeling burdened, heads to see his friend Gyeom-Duk (the monk) instead of going to work.

Edited by chickfactor
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

My Ajusshi: Episode 9

by LollyPip

Ajusshi09-00365.jpg

Ji-an may not realize it yet, but she’s already been profoundly changed from her association with Dong-hoon. She’s spent her entire life taking care of herself, burdened by the mistakes of others and unable to get out from under the crushing weight of adult responsibility that no child should ever bear. But Dong-hoon is showing her that those things don’t define her, and that she can still make the choice to be a good person.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

Ajusshi09-00015.jpg Ajusshi09-00016.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/04/my-ajusshi-episode-9/

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aisling said:

I don’t think she confessed for real. She knew a detective was watching them so she put on the show. At this point her actions are confusing because it seems like she wants to secure enough evidence with both DH and JY so she can take down whoever she decides she wants to destroy. Let’s hope she will be loyal to DH in the end.

I can picture this ending: DH is ultimately accused of using his power and having inappropriate relationship with Ji An, but JA comes out and shows all those recordings of JY where he instructed her to do all those dirty jobs. It means she’ll probably go to jail for it since all the things she did were illegal. This is her atonement and her way to say sorry to DH. In the meantime when she’s in jail DH gets divorced and put his life together - he’s going to live the way he wants, not how others expect him to do. The last scene will probably be them encountering on the street and looking at each other.

DH is at a very different stage in his life. His marriage is falling apart, his whole family look up to him, there’s this potential promotion at work... A don’t blame him for not wanting to complicate his life further. As long as he thinks of Ji An as a little girl who he wants to help it’s ok. It’s too dangerous for him to think about her in any other ways.

I agree with this 100% !

Ji An "confessed" to protect DH. She wants to make sure there isn't any damning evidence against him. As JiAn told YH, even if she gives up trying to set up DH, JY will find someone else. It is much better for her to make sure JY doesn't suspect her till DH becomes the Director. I also think she will use her recordings with JY to destroy his plans. Our girl is pretty smart!  I reiterate, she is reminding me very strongly of Lisbeth Salander from the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. 

Love your scenario BTW! But I do hope JiAn who is used to straying on the wrong side of the law can make an exit without getting caught herself. She has great survival instincts !

I also agree with the part of DH being at a different stage in life. We as an audience know that YH is cheating on DH. But in the eyes of the world, they are a happily married couple. It would destroy is social image and credibility if he gets into any relationship with Ji Ah. Also, from Epi 9 he seems to be uncomfortable with their "closeness" and tries to distance himself by asking her to call him "manager".

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

- Her confession was obviously fueled by real feelings. He knew it. He was shocked to hear it.

- She knew just how to provoke him. He hit her and knocked her to the ground. He called her a "crazy richard simmons." Ji-An planned it carefully and it worked.

But it still felt like a slap in the face for us to see it. It felt more brutal than the bloody beatdown in Ep. 9.

- She is pretty observant and sharp about human nature. (shockingly so) She knew how he would react.

When she walked away from him, she had a knowing look on her face. "Job is done." She knows what she is doing. And what she did is to sacrifice her love for him, so that he would become Director.

I don't think it's just her tough life that made Ji-An street smart, although that is also true. I think she is also just very, very smart and intuitive. If she had the right opportunities, she would be ruling the world.

She knew Dong Hoon better than anyone. He is a principled man and will not reciprocate her feelings. Yes she deserved to be slap back to reality that's why she challenged him to do it (more like for theatrics because of the detective imo) I agree though that confession is coming from a place of her real feelings towards him. However, for Jian they are just that "feelings" and nothing can be done about it especially there is so much riding on DH's success as a director and might fix his marriage with YH. It is a difficult decision for her but necessary to protect him at all cost.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, sanika said:

I also agree with the part of DH being at a different stage in life. We as an audience know that YH is cheating on DH. But in the eyes of the world, they are a happily married couple. It would destroy is social image and credibility if he gets into any relationship with Ji Ah. Also, from Epi 9 he seems to be uncomfortable with their "closeness" and tries to distance himself by asking her to call him "manager".

Yes, he knows and realizes the invisible line that shouldn't be crossed - but they are circling it all the time! I think the way things are going (post ep. 10), the walls can only come down further. 

Edit: Also DH's first instinct is to protect everyone but Ji-An can take care of herself. She may have grown up fast and without kindness, but she is one brave gutsy young woman. She paid her debt, she is about to save him. She does not need him as much as he needs someone like her in his life - the way he looks back to the door of that empty bar hoping she'd appear and the way he gets rattled when she says she likes him - it's because that means he cannot see her again - and he does not like / want that.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

A few other random observations about Ep.10:

- Ha ha, Ki-Hoon wanted a booty call. But blocked by a double-parked car. Poor guy.

- Sang-Hoon is hiding cash in the floor? So the cleaning business is working out, huh? I guess he will never change. (pay your debts, first, dude)

- I loved how the neighborhood gang mobilized in about 2 minutes. Too bad we didn't get to see them in action. It's nice to know that people have his back like that.

- So Yoon-Hee is Joon-Young's enemy now. I'm no fan of what she did, but she is in quite the remorseful mood, knowing that DH knew she stepped out of their marriage, but still treated her with kindness and respect.

She said she would ruin Joon-Young. She's on Team DH now, and I'm okay with that.

- The first time I genuinely felt bad for Joon-Young - when he listened to the meeting Exec. Director Wang and his people meeting with DH. Even towards an enemy, that was personal, belittling and cruel. Ouch.

At least we got a clue about what makes him tick.

I loved DH's response in that meeting. He wanted to become Director to make his mother and brothers proud. He will not be motivated by removing Joon-Young as CEO, because such petty concerns are not worth his time, and he doesn't want his motivation to be about taking someone down. Hurray, you get a gold star from the teacher. What a good boy.

- I was so happy to see Grandma's bed was by the window. Maybe she can see the moon every night.

• Like 19

On a lighter note... Look at those three silly ahjussis!  :lol: 

5_DC6_A836-_D243-4839-8893-0_A99_D1022_C

72_BC1_BE0-8798-4_E0_D-_B000-1_DDD4_A556

A9_D87_B00-_B8_FA-4_F39-81_DF-_D6764_F92

I will fight everybody who says Lee Sun Kyun is ugly. Just look at the man. Even when styled like a haggard middle-aged man, he’s so handsome and attractive!

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

And when JY offered her to date DH for real, she did not seem to think it a big deal of she had to be naked with him.  I wonder if the level of abuse she's suffered would ever be revealed.  

Why we so overbroad about Jian past? she might do anything bad but never throw herself become object dirty man maybe the big reason she killed KI father is this part. did everyone here forget how KI still respect her in his way?

Because he knew Jian never flirt or seduce man for money!

And i like her sarcasm, when she says throw her naked body to DH, she was give blow to JY, because both knew DH is decent man who never fall just for lust.

Next episode we would see what kind relationship they become after the tricky honest confession.

The dangers part is the jelaous KI.

• Like 8

From Wikipedia, rating increased to new height!

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen Ratings[17] TNmS Ratings[18]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 21, 2018 3.923% 4.467% 4.6%
2 March 22, 2018 4.133% 4.786% 4.1%
3 March 28, 2018 3.373% 4.102% 3.9%
4 March 29, 2018 3.611% 3.851% 4.3%
5 April 4, 2018 3.936% 4.838% 3.7%
6 April 5, 2018 4.038% 4.468% 4.6%
7 April 11, 2018 4.487% 5.234% 4.7%
8 April 12, 2018 5.313% 5.671% 4.6%
9 April 18, 2018 4.803% 5.413% 3.8%
10 April 19, 2018 5.824% 6.472% 5.6%
11 April 25, 2018      
12 April 26, 2018      
13 May 2, 2018      
14 May 3, 2018      
15 May 9, 2018      
16 May 10, 2018      
Average % % %

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

anyone notice DH actually able to communicate better with JA than his own wife? :) 

this is one of the main problem when married couple choose to communicate with outsider instead with ur own spouse.. creating a path of affair.. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

BjLCVx.png

I noticed there are some subtle changes on Ji An's face and the color scheme every time she asks Dong Hoon to buy her food. Her facial expressions and the color scheme just gets brighter and brighter but then reality hits her harder and harder to suppress her feelings to him. :(

Ji An always asks for food after monumental moments in this drama:

1. JA "saved" DH's life by throwing away the bribe. DH said thanks on the train. Then she asked him to buy food for a month with a dead pan face. The color scheme is at the darkest here.

2. DH "saved" JA's life by revealing to her about the free welfare system for her grandma. First time she genuinely wants to eat with him. Look how she can't even look him in the face. Why are you so adorable Ji An.. 

3. JA wanted to say thanks by giving him new slippers. Oh gosh the look on her face when she glanced back to back between the gift and him on the train. She was looking forward to eat with him and giving it to him afterwards. Why you gotta reject her like that DH:(

• Like 14

Oh my, @V over at her Drama Milk blog has written a very lovely post on OST#5.  Glad to see that she is also as crazy about this drama as the rest of us are.

That Moment When My Ajusshi Had Me

APRIL 19, 2018 NO COMMENTS

OST Part 5 My Mister, My Ajusshi Ko Woo-rim One Million Roses. tvN

Yes, I am still in my feels for My Ajusshi. OST #5 for My Mister, My Ajusshi dropped today. We don’t normally do a single post for one OST, but this one is so good that we had to. We have literally been listening to OST #5 nonstop, so hopefully writing this review up will be a type of exorcism to get it out of my system. (But what if I don’t want it to leave just yet? Argh, the confusion!)

Read the entire article here.

And here's another one:

Behind the Drama: My Mister / My Ajusshi

APRIL 19, 2018 NO COMMENTS

Behind the scenes for the drama My Ajusshi / My Mister starring IU (Lee Ji-An) and Lee Sun-Kyun Jung Young-Joo’s Instagram (@muah_youngju) My Ajusshi gave me such a lovely slow burn of feelings this morning which left me scrounging around the internet in search of anything about the show (sorry other work that I was supposed to be doing). tvN’s Facebook page has a lot of nice behind the scenes shots, which basically just pulled me into a rabbit hole of Instagram profiles.

Read the entire article here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, aisling said:

I will fight everybody who says Lee Sun Kyun is ugly. Just look at the man. Even when styled like a haggard middle-aged man, he’s so handsome and attractive!

On the contrary,  he is really a cutie.  Well for me he is very attractive :)

I first watched him in the drama, "My Sweet Seoul" and then in his movie "My Petty Romance" which was soooo funny.

And his acting is really excellent, whether it be a drama or comedy.

DYNAMICS & CHEMISTRY

Though admittedly, the first time i saw the publicity on My Mister, I was like, oh here we go again, another older guy paired with IU.

But now after watching them together...oh wow !  The LSG & IU chemistry is really something amazing & unexpected. :wub:

How do i describe every scene of them...  that warm fuzzy feels...you know Hahhha... sometimes the feels are subtle, sweet & tender.. but there is also this "tension" like an electric current, highly charge somethin..hhaha..i cannot really describe it... 

Like when they look at each other, their eyes ... the intensity is just.... my gosh.. smoldering energy 

And I was like ..how can that be possible with this "unlikely" pair... ? I cannot even... :tongue:

Spoiler

He is the first married guy paired with IU so shipping is not allowed N-oooooo... w-aaaaaaah .. hahahha...my god was gotten into me...whaaaat :wacko:

THE PAST

Regarding JA's criminal offense, or what was the ruling then? she was a minor, it was clearly self-defense, she was protecting her grandmother... so definitely she did not serve prison time right?

The psycho Gwang-Il feeling all vengeful, when his father lived a life of crimes, if not by JiAn, that man might have died as well in the hands of some gangster or vigilante or law enforcers.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I was thinking, and would like you guys to have a swing at it, what if YH - in her 'infinite wisdom' - decides to disclose her affair with JY to the company? From her point of view, JY needs to be taught a lesson (she's a hotshot lawyer, played and dumped), DH should leave the company (she will think she's helping him! He already knows about the affair and she wants him to go independent) and she needs to get some kind of control over her life, as unhappy as she may be. IF she does this,  YH's confession may come first before Ji-An's disclosures. JY who will have to leave the company in either case. DH will have to leave the company because he cannot face a scandal. And YH will get her peace of mind back. All will be where she wants them to be. 

I was thinking, that IF she does this, DH will see, once and for all, that his wife of 15 years (whom he will never leave) has little regard for him and what is important to him and his family (mother and brothers who are all hoping for the directorship) and puts herself (or her views / needs) first while Ji-An a 'girl' he has known for a few months has tried to save his honor and jeopardized her own future over him. That could be the catalyst to make DH at least leave his wife. 

That is, if they don't talk about their differences and live happily ever after, that is.

If a genuine kiss scene between DH and Ji-An does not occur first.

If the series isn't about everyone's growth and change and moving on as better / healed, together or apart.

If Kwang-il doesn't take a stab at DH as revenge over his father's murder ('you killed the most important person in my life, I will kill yours').

If DH doesn't mind being tailed and spied. He said in an episode that it is not easy being with a person who has seen you most vulnerable, he would not see such a person again. 

If DH doesn't realize that his brothers are fine and his mom is fine and his wife is fine and workplace is fine, but he isn't (that he finally realizes he needs more to be happy, and deserves to be content in his life too).

So many ifs and directions the story can go! But the series has 6 more episodes, they can't be all about the directorship promotion and CEO demotion?! Right? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, noor1 said:

I was thinking, and would like you guys to have a swing at it, what if YH - in her 'infinite wisdom' - decides to disclose her affair with JY to the company? F

YH did threaten to take JY down, it remains to be seen what she will do.  She does seem to have a crushing realization that she had an affair with a real sleazoid and hurt her husband who continued to treat her with kindness.  So she is a loaded pistol.

We learn that JY's first wife who he would not discuss with YH, was a very wealthy woman. He married for money and bragged about his connections. Perhaps that is how he rose so quickly.

I think it is interesting that we see the flashback of KiHoon telling DH that since JiAn threw the money away to save him, she must love him.  That had been in the back of DH's mind from then on. That she cared about him, and he thanked her. But she was just using him out of desperation. That conversation with the wise janitor is a window into the writer's  philosophy. That the reality of how we feel is not logical. 

There were other wonderful moments. The oldest son's day dream about his mother's funeral was pretty unique.  And JH cryiing and getting angry at the mother because she went to the temple where the man who betrayed her is a monk. JH's deep hurt. It does seem unfair such a beautiful woman is alone. I wish she could get over that jerk and find someone new. We do hear her say at one point, that she has all this love to give someone. But she just lives in that tiny room, which she greets as a palace when she goes home.

Also, KH frustrating effort to rush to YooRa to "comfort" her in the middle of the night, was another good scene.  And the annoying oldest son singing and ringing that bell to needle KH was also fun.

Danger ahead I think will come from the loan shark GI who now knows that JY is trying to get dirt on DH.

QUESTION,   Why didn't DH ask JiAn where she got the money to pay off the debt?????     I guess it is too soon for him to find out about her relationship with JY but it just seemed weird because it was such an obvious question.

DH is a character who is constantly being tested by people swirling all around him with hidden agendas.  He didn't know about his wife's affair.  He didn't know why JiAn acted out the way she did with the bribe money and the kiss.  He is slowly learning but he still doesn't know why she is acting out the way she does.    JY was screwing him at work, but he did figure that out at least. But sometimes he is like the straight man in a comedy routine.  The joke is always on him.  Yet he always come through dignified and lands on his feet because of his human decency.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, berny said:

THE PAST

Regarding JA's criminal offense, or what was the ruling then? she was a minor, it was clearly self-defense, she was protecting her grandmother... so definitely she did not serve prison time right?

I think the answer to that question (which has been asked quite a few times) is that it's just not easy for poor people to get justice, anywhere.

Ji-An was a child with no adult to help her. She didn't know that her grandmother qualified for state-subsidized nursing care. She also didn't know that she could keep debtors from harassing her or her grandmother since the debt wasn't theirs. And when she was arrested for murder, she probably didn't know how to advocate for her rights. I don't know any Korean criminal law and I have no idea if she had a right to a public defender, but an overworked public defender is not the same as a fancy lawyer who's getting paid big bucks.

So she just didn't have the resources or knowledge to know how to navigate these situations. Because she was a child. (By the way, the document that Yoon-Hee found said Ji-An served 2 years in a juvenile facility.)

--

Just a few more thoughts:

Ji-An did take the final envelope of money from Joon-Young after all. (about 10 grand) They didn't show her take it, leaving us to wonder if she accepted the final assignment - to seduce DH. But instead of taking the money straight to Kwang-Il as she had done in the past, she stashed it in a bank instead, probably unsure of what to do with it.

It was basically blood money for her, at this point. The money she got paid to screw over DH was used to protect DH instead (from Kwang-Il).

And about DH's fight with Kwang-Il - after they both rolled down the stairs, DH calmly asked him, "You never told me. How much is the debt? I will pay it." And with that, Kwang-Il finally gives up and walks back up the stairs. Someone loves Ji-An for real and took away his fun plaything. He probably realizes that he can't win over that.

Later when his friend gets the text message that the debt was paid in full, and believed that DH was the one who sent it, he has a dejected look on his face. Like his heart was just broken.

Kwang-Il's a really interesting character. Terrifying and violent, but really... interesting, and strangely relatable in a way that Yoon-Hee hasn't been.

But I have a feeling that we're about to see Yoon-Hee begin to do some interesting things.

--

As far as whether Kwang-Il will continue to mess with DH and Ji-An...

Hmm, maybe. He is pretty obsessed with her.

But I think he's also discombobulated by DH's sincerity and dignity. It's like his brain shorted out.

--

Also want to add how flippin' cute DH's team is. To diffuse the rumors about DH and Ji-An, they keep inviting her out to eat. OMG, these little cuties.

It also goes to show the relationships that DH has forged, and the respect that he has earned. I mean, they *hate* Ji-An. She slapped one of them, she is rude. But for their beloved manager, they're going to play nice with her.

It's so cute!

--

And finally, I sincerely cried when Choon-Dae showed kindness to child Ji-An. Notice all the judgy parents clucking their disapproval when her mother never showed up, and notice how NONE of them extended a kind word or invited her to celebrate. Only one person reached out to her, and at that moment, it probably meant everything to her.

There is grace in this world. :bawling:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

About Ep 10.

It seems that DH is on the road to divorce. We have wondered why he didn't blow up and confront his wife like any normal man would. He is passive, but in this episode, we finally saw that, a) he is a man, and b.) the dam broke with the fight he had, forcing him to confront his marriage.

I felt a ray of hope as YH and DH  drove home and played the quiz games..... then the smell of divorce wafted into the episode.

I loved how the divorce is being set up. he hits the 11th floor,  the doors open, he cannot bring himself to step out of the lift, he presses close and goes off to drink. That conversation on his way to the divorced guy's bar is more like what I expect from a man. Men detest the idea of another man being with his wife and to see him having mental images of what could have happened between his wife and the director felt absolutely real. His friend saying that all he thinks about when he has a moment of stillness is his wife and "that bastard" was DH speaking right there.

I really wanted them to work it out, but I think divorce is OK with me. Just not my first option. Thank God this is a drama, I hate divorce. i don't know if YH helping him to take down Director is going to help their marriage. I wish it would.... I can only hope.

As for the confession..... I think it was three types of confessions. I think it was 1) a confession of Ji An to herself. She finally said the truth to herself. Verbalising something like that helps you confront it, gives it a name and form. 2) A confession to DH - Obviously, even if she was manipulating the situation, he definitely knows how she feels. He's been avoiding it, asking her to call him Manager, but now he knows he isn't just Manager 3) Manipulation of DH in order to save him from the detective. Brilliant scene! When he hit her it's like he's reacting from his anger at what she has said, but deep down it's like he cannot admit the truth to himself, that he is fond of her in a way that's outside the normal parameters.

What's the end game? It's the liberation of Dong Hoon from his shackles, his wife, marriage, brothers, job, his suffocating life. Ji An just activated that journey. In that regard, I am okay with them not ending up together. If it remains a "will they-won't they" situation, leaning more to a "will they?" with this tension hanging over them, I will be happier than an outright no, and I confess, slightly better than if they get together.

I hope DH gets up from under his brothers, especially the oldest one. I am a first born, and that brother is a shame to all first borns in the world. I wanted to slap him when he insisted that DH must succeed so that they can have a big funeral display. Surely!! Nkt!! Step up to the plate! Everyone else should look up to you!!

As someone said upstairs, Ki Hoon needed that booty call. However, any expert driver can manouver that tiny azz car out of that parking spot!! he could have lifted that little van instead of pushing that rock of a saloon car!! Think bro! Think!! (but the blood wasn't in his head.....)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, noor1 said:

Yes, he knows and realizes the invisible line that shouldn't be crossed - but they are circling it all the time! I think the way things are going (post ep. 10), the walls can only come down further. 

Edit: Also DH's first instinct is to protect everyone but Ji-An can take care of herself. She may have grown up fast and without kindness, but she is one brave gutsy young woman. She paid her debt, she is about to save him. She does not need him as much as he needs someone like her in his life - the way he looks back to the door of that empty bar hoping she'd appear and the way he gets rattled when she says she likes him - it's because that means he cannot see her again - and he does not like / want that.

Thank you this is probably my favorite take on Jian's character. And I agree with you 100%. We always have the assumption that Jian is devoid of love and adults in her life growing up. She have her grandma and the Sage ajusshi (housekeeper) who keeps her moral compass in check and argues with her when needed. Clearly, Jian's relationship with him is also precious for that man keeps a photo of them in his home. Also, she has her hacker friend that will do anything for her. Jian chose to be alone because she was tired of people and wanted to cut through all the B.S. that they were trying to show her for appearances. I could relate to that side of Jian. So many fake two face people out in reality who pretends then backstab and abandon you during hard times. This is why some of us just keep small circle of sincere people in our lives. She is a tough young woman who does not need protecting. Jian just did fine all on her own. 

I also noticed when DH turned around in that bar. This is not the first time he did that. He waits as if there's always a reserved seat for her beside him. These are the subtle gestures that the PD is adding into the scene that separates DH's attraction for her and putting aside all the kind gestures. The revelation of Jian - He was rattled beyond belief but one thing that strikes me about it. He didn't say no or reject her either. DH completely avoided it, told her to go home, and that she was crazy.  The easiest way for him was to deny the connection and made it appear ridiculous rather than facing the possible hard truth that his feelings for her was more than just compassion. DH's eyes showed so much annoyance and anger after he walked away coz Jian clearly drew the line. And I agree with you again, she laid down her cards once and for all. It annoyed him immensely because now he cannot see her anymore.

I feel there is another scene prior to this encounter that the PD choose not to reveal in episode 10 but will be later put together in episode 11. The reason I say that because DH seemed angry at her prior to the confession and was also looking for an argument of why she was avoiding him again. So I assumed that Jian must be giving him a silent treatment prior which changed his overall mood that precipitated their argument. DH always circles around Jian even from the beginning, it is like a moth attracted to a flame. 

• Like 15