[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Just now, SeGafanlady said:

Omona... Ji An is become the real 21 years old girl... she confessed her feeling to DH exactly how a young woman that age would do... emotional.. outrageous.. complicated... something that she will regret later because as far as we all know.. DH is still very much married (but the road to divorce has been paving on his mind ) and that only is a NO NO to this stoic iced man. back to Live Recap....

I think Ji-An is making a sacrifice of sorts: She knew the detective is behind, she 'confessed', DH hit her, she fell - so of course if detective or JY use this footage she can easily explain that while DH was very good to her, she disrespected him and he brushed her off. And she will show the recordings with JY too. And then Ji-An can leave the company having saved DH, she knows DH will never leave his wife (and the wife isn't going anywhere) and his knowing about the eavesdropping business will make things very awkward.

What if DH throws everything away for Ji-An? Not possible, right? They are at different stages of life and the whole neighborhood looks up to / is proud of him!

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

2 cents on ep 9:

When Jian dozed off and missed her stop, and Jian's totally biased statement on her loyalty to DH. And DH trying to hide his embarassment by reminding her to call him 'manager'. They are just too cute.

The funeral scene. The way they play this black humor is so on point.

I like how they compare him to mark darcy (mark darcy is equivalent to fitzwilliam darcy in pride and prejudice) a silent, stoic protector, protecting everyone behind the scene.

Why is DH ignoring Yoora?

When Jian rushed and stalked DH after his breathing becoming weird again. The action of stalking him might mean that he's in even more unstable condition than before... She even make sure to follow him until he reach his apartment.

I really hate that chatty office lady and his subordinate, even though i know this is necessary for the plot line. Smh dir. Yoon trying to dig about Jian is like digging his own grave, since JY is related to Jian.

Is Jian buying her ajusshi a pair of new slippers? So cute. And when DH reject her request, it feels like she's about to cry.

When Jian decide not to eavesdrop any further when DH didnt tell the reason he hired her to his subordinates (i guess she take it as he didn't acknowledge her the same way as he did in front of her). And passing by him without saying hi (even though it hurts her so much) it's like she's bracing for that moment when he's about to leave her, just like everyone else.

When Jian said "That stupid person." during her conv. with YH, is she referring to JY or DH?

It is so sad when DH welled up listening to the janitor's story. And when he's about to faint thinking back when she had the gall to encourage him and run to him, even though she's in much harder place.

Jian's sob finally make me able to describe how is she like with DH; the first time she cries like a kid, just like when she is always being naive when with DH, the first adult she can lean on and truly have a connection with.

When my mom watch this, she said that DH should leave that YH biotch and be with Jian. I said that the age gap is just too big, and she retorts that people do not need to live longer, they just have to live happily. She is a shipper at this point. :D

• Like 11
  • LOL 7

oh no please that disrespectful cheating beeyootch need to be outta the picture.. I don’t mind and open ending for Ji An and DH.. as well as they only become ahjussie and a girl that he protects forever.. but that woman Yoon Hee should get what she deserves...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, noor1 said:

I think Ji-An is making a sacrifice of sorts: She knew the detective is behind, she 'confessed', DH hit her, she fell - so of course if detective or JY use this footage she can easily explain that while DH was very good to her, she disrespected him and he brushed her off. And she will show the recordings with JY too. And then Ji-An can leave the company having saved DH, she knows DH will never leave his wife (and the wife isn't going anywhere) and his knowing about the eavesdropping business will make things very awkward.

What if DH throws everything away for Ji-An? Not possible, right? They are at different stages of life and the whole neighborhood looks up to / is proud of him!

Sure not even worth it for DH at all - those expectations and stakes are high for him. Only a stupid person will make such a reckless move and throw everything away for a poor ex-convict girl. What is this a fairy tale?  He is married too and although I'm a shipper I want my two leads to take the moral high ground on that aspect. Everything is looking bright for Jian. Granny is in the nursing home. Judging from next week's previews, it looks like she will have Jung Hee and the ajusshi gang in the neighborhood.

However, what if it's possible that DH will throw away everything like what the stoic Mr Darcy did? Do we love with reason or with our heart?  Is this what KWS meant when he said that it will get more interesting after episode 10?:D Bring it on! I will sink with my ship anyway but at least I have the perfection of episodes 1-10 to feed my delulu mind. So the remaining 6 episodes won't matter anymore how it will end. Every moment of Jian and Dong Hoon always warms my heart from this point forward. 

• Like 16
  • LOL 1

19 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Yoon-Hee, finally feeling some shame. Yeah, you should feel bad.

Note: I don't reflexively judge someone for adultery. We don't know her motivations, and I'm willing to keep an open mind about it. But girl, you did your husband wrong when you told your husband to quit his job and sat by while that piece of trash tried to push him out of the company.

Just yet one more reminder this week that DH working for that big company makes him the pride and joy of his brothers, mother, and the whole neighborhood. If he quit his job, they would be crushed. DH may hate the politics of working at a big corporation, but he stuck with it all these years because of them.

If we learned anything last week from Mother's birthday party, it's that Yoon-Hee knows her in-laws well enough, and clearly knows about all this, and still tried to make DH throw everything away because of who she was banging. That isn't just cheating. It's betrayal and disrespect far beyond just straying from marriage vows.

Now she knows that HE knows. Everything. And he still bought her porridge. So yeah, you need to cry some tears of remorse.

Everyone has written so well about what kind of person Yoon Hee really is, but this above is the one that really shows what little regard she has for her husband.  She is beyond redemption.  Wanting redemption for her and their marriage to work out is akin to wanting Kwang Il to work out his issues with Jian and become friends in the end.  No, what YH has done to DH is as much abuse as what KI has done to JA.  Jian has let the beatings go on for too long because of her guilt, and now DH has finally put a stop to it.  I hope she would do the same to him, show him that he needs to let go of his guilt and break free from his cheating wife.  Kwang Il and Yoon Hee are also similar in that they both want their cake and eat it too.  He wants to continue taking JA's money and physically torment her.  YH wants to stay married to DH for status while having her fun with someone else.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, berny said:

The Irony

Isn't it ironic, that DH upon discovering the affair, just had a verbal shouting match with "the other man" JY, whom he should have just strangled and beaten right? :blink: ... No, they just had a verbal showdown.

But he let it all out at Gwang Il,  when he learned about the beatings that Ji An suffered.  You get to thinking...why? 

Be More Wary of the Silent One.

I am thinking that DH is just someone who's really calm, open-minded, uncerstanding and non-confrontational... in short a very passive person.  

But if he is someone who's just bottling it all in ...just to not rock the boat as they say...then that could really be dangerous...because all of these frustrations and rage will one day EXPLODE.  And that will the destructive kind of rage, because it has been kept in for too long. :(

DH is very calculative.  At that time he wanted to protect YH, he did not want the affair exposed.  If he had gotten into a fight with JY, their whole world would know why.  He was obviously upset and hurt, but somehow able to keep his head in the game.  

I think he himself did know plan to get into a physical fight with Kwang Il and expose himself like that.  He thought KI would take his offer to pay off Jian's debt and that's it.  So when he threw all caution to the wind and fought for her, he was not thinking of the consequences for himself.  He thought only of her pain.  

Do many people here think that he was still thinking of her as being a kid he had to protect?  His comment about protecting family made me think that he continued to see her only as a family member and not as a love interest. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, noor1 said:

Ofcourse, I am sure she was forced into many unpleasant things - why do you think she was so quick to think DH is just another sleaze bag who will reciprocate the 'kiss'. Her past has toughened her up and the punches prove DH accepts and likes her 'just the way she is' (remember, JH called DH 'Mark Darcy' from Bridget Jones' Diary, and MD aid the same thing to Bridget). It was a good episode. And the way the scenes were edited and laid out was also great.

For me the memorable line from the janitor was: "None of what I did to help Ji-An makes any sense when we start arguing about the truth. Our hearts are not ruled by reason after all."

That's the crux of DH and Ji-An's 'relationship'. 

Ji-an mistrust, and is contemptuous of adults in general.  look at how cynically rude she is with the adults at the engineering firm.  The unpleasant things most likely jaded her toward the grown ups. ..just like in the Sandia Adult OST.... It's sad that there are pedophiles in the world!!!

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Just now, tiger457_stv said:

Ji-an mistrust, and is contemptuous of adults in general.  look at how cynically rude she is with the adults at the engineering firm.  The unpleasant things most likely jaded her toward the grown ups. ..just like in the Sandia Adult OST.... It's sad that there are pedophiles in the world!!!

And when JY offered her to date DH for real, she did not seem to think it a big deal of she had to be naked with him.  I wonder if the level of abuse she's suffered would ever be revealed.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

48 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

2 cents on ep 9:

When Jian said "That stupid person." during her conv. with YH, is she referring to JY or DH?

It is so sad when DH welled up listening to the janitor's story. And when he's about to faint thinking back when she had the gall to encourage him and run to him, even though she's in much harder place.

Jian's sob finally make me able to describe how is she like with DH; the first time she cries like a kid, just like when she is always being naive when with DH, the first adult she can lean on and truly have a connection with.

When my mom watch this, she said that DH should leave that YH biotch and be with Jian. I said that the age gap is just too big, and she retorts that people do not need to live longer, they just have to live happily. She is a shipper at this point. :D

Spoken by a smart woman:) I think even Jian's granny just join the shipper island in this episode:lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 8

I don’t think she confessed for real. She knew a detective was watching them so she put on the show. At this point her actions are confusing because it seems like she wants to secure enough evidence with both DH and JY so she can take down whoever she decides she wants to destroy. Let’s hope she will be loyal to DH in the end.

I can picture this ending: DH is ultimately accused of using his power and having inappropriate relationship with Ji An, but JA comes out and shows all those recordings of JY where he instructed her to do all those dirty jobs. It means she’ll probably go to jail for it since all the things she did were illegal. This is her atonement and her way to say sorry to DH. In the meantime when she’s in jail DH gets divorced and put his life together - he’s going to live the way he wants, not how others expect him to do. The last scene will probably be them encountering on the street and looking at each other.

DH is at a very different stage in his life. His marriage is falling apart, his whole family look up to him, there’s this potential promotion at work... A don’t blame him for not wanting to complicate his life further. As long as he thinks of Ji An as a little girl who he wants to help it’s ok. It’s too dangerous for him to think about her in any other ways.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, noor1 said:

From ep 9... 

DH to JA is always more of caring than loving... 

he symphatized with the live of JA..  he basically wants to help JA... however JA is actually falling for him, badly... :)

the last 15 min of ep 9 make it worth it, the bar scene with the brothers (again n again) is too long... its like watching a filler... lol.. 

btw, where is DH tae kwon do skill? i was hoping for some surprising skill set from DH but alas i think this drama is too realistic.. kwan wont stand a chance if they are the same age or if DH has maintain his physics by going to the gym instead of drinking around with his brothers all the time.. 

this episode also shows a selfish side of YH even more.. (with contrast to DH) the hate train is coming.. haha... 

I am curious how this drama going to end... 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

And when JY offered her to date DH for real, she did not seem to think it a big deal of she had to be naked with him.  I wonder if the level of abuse she's suffered would ever be revealed.  

Well, the janitor did say that she done some unspeakable things  that made her grandma faint before, so I suspect that prostitution isnt really far off...

30 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I think he himself did know plan to get into a physical fight with Kwang Il and expose himself like that.  He thought KI would take his offer to pay off Jian's debt and that's it.  So when he threw all caution to the wind and fought for her, he was not thinking of the consequences for himself.  He thought only of her pain.  

The janitor (we should call him a Sage at this point :D) did say that all those times he helped Jian were surreal, because when you care about someone, feelings are never dictated by logic.

• Like 9

Just watched ep 9, and wow, can't believe yoon hee didn't even flinch when Ji An said JY could try to stop DH from becoming a director. Like the coldblooded way she said to let them be until one loses, that was really something. I don't care who DH ends up with, but I'm wondering if he really belongs with yoon hee. He should just take a break from trying to put on a picture of a perfect family and live his life as he wants to. At this point, I really envy his friend the monk lol. The guy is at least being true to himself. Although I did feel bad for jung hee. 

The dialogues of this drama should be preserved in a book. I loved when dong hoon asked jung hee, why is life so painful and she said, cause he doesn't love me back. So poignant. 

• Like 18

DH and YH get on my last nerve when it comes to their marriage. Watching these two, is like watching paint dry. I'm biased, ( because i'm itching for a DH & JA scenario) but i am also realistic..so if they want to work on their marriage, be open about it, have a conversation, put everything on the table, and decide where to go from there. They can't fix the problem, if they don't admit that there is a problem. If you can't come to your wife and say, this thing you did bothered me, but let us work it out and get pass it if possible. The fact that DH seems more scared about his problems coming out in the open concerning his marriage, than the actual problems in the marriage, doesn't bode well for them. 

I feel like YH is pretty self centered, let us be real. I feel like she feels that everything revolves around her, and her affair, and her embarrassment, and her need for things to be a certain way. Her way.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I don’t think she confessed for real. She knew a detective was watching them so she put on the show. At this point her actions are confusing because it seems like she wants to secure enough evidence with both DH and JY so she can take down whoever she decides she wants to destroy. Let’s hope she will be loyal to DH in the end.

I can picture this ending: DH is ultimately accused of using his power and having inappropriate relationship with Ji An, but JA comes out and shows all those recordings of JY where he instructed her to do all those dirty jobs. It means she’ll probably go to jail for it since all the things she did were illegal. This is her atonement and her way to say sorry to DH. In the meantime when she’s in jail DH gets divorced and put his life together - he’s going to live the way he wants, not how others expect him to do. The last scene will probably be them encountering on the street and looking at each other.

DH is at a very different stage in his life. His marriage is falling apart, his whole family look up to him, there’s this potential promotion at work... A don’t blame him for not wanting to complicate his life further. As long as he thinks of Ji An as a little girl who he wants to help it’s ok. It’s too dangerous for him to think about her in any other ways.

Just watched episode 10 raw for now. I think the confession from Jian is somewhat accomplishing both her goals;. setting a trap for JYD and actually confronting her bottled up feelings for Dong Hoon. I loved that scene so much. It's their first real argument as in Jian was blazing upset and provoking him. Dong Hoon as always told her she is crazy. I could understand his reasoning behind it but he had the same look when she tried to kiss him in the beginning episodes. Completely stunned. She always brings out this fire in him which for a person like DH is really scary to feel and confront.

IU and LSG chemistry is off the charts again and this time with more words between them. Who would have thought right?

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

Just watched episode 10 raw for now. I think the confession from Jian is somewhat accomplishing both her goals;. setting a trap for JYD and actually confronting her bottled up feelings for Dong Hoon. I loved that scene so much. It's their first real argument as in Jian was blazing upset and provoking him. Dong Hoon as always told her she is crazy. I could understand his reasoning behind it but he had the same look when she tried to kiss him in the beginning episodes. Completely stunned. She always brings out this fire in him which for a person like DH is really scary to feel and confront.

IU and LSG chemistry is off the charts again and this time with more words between them. Who would have thought right?

That’s true, DH is almost always subdued and JA is cold and icy... but when they’re together there’s so much passion and fire... Like I bet DH hasn’t been so riled up and provoked by his wife for a long time or maybe never. This last scene was so powerful and violent in a its way. Her persistence to make him react to her confession and his refusal to admit anything or discuss it further... I think she shook him so much he had to travel to a temple to find some peace :D

• Like 10
  • LOL 4