[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

On 12.2.2018 at 5:05 AM, sadiesmith said:

Yay! Welcome to the thread.  Hope to have lots of people talking about this drama once it starts.  For someone as popular as IU seems to be, this drama does not seem to generate a lot of interest yet other than the frequent "I wish the male lead were someone else."

Yeah, no idea why so many people are complaining about the age difference here, but on KES's dramas it's fine because she is a veteran/successful writer.

• Like 4

[TRANS] 180214 During the first script reading of #MyMister, Director Kim Won Seok: “Spring 2018, ‘My Mister’ will no doubt warm the hearts of many viewers. I hope ‘My Mister’ will be a drama that viewers find it relatable and touching” http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0004035393 

DV-xQcFX4AA8hhZ.jpg

Cr: @4seasonswithIU

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2018 at 8:05 AM, sadiesmith said:

Yay! Welcome to the thread.  Hope to have lots of people talking about this drama once it starts.  For someone as popular as IU seems to be, this drama does not seem to generate a lot of interest yet other than the frequent "I wish the male lead were someone else."

hah give me a break, on the contrary, when I saw the male lead, I immediately knew that I had to watch this drama, I feel like IU and Lee Sun Kyung will have great scenes together:heart: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, anipanch said:

hah give me a break, on the contrary, when I saw the male lead, I immediately knew that I had to watch this drama, I feel like IU and Lee Sun Kyung will have great scenes together:heart: 

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of IU or her acting. What I find missing in a lot of idols transitioning to acting is the subtleties of facial expression or emotions that shine through in their eyes, radiates from their body that comes through in a scene. 

However, I'm looking forward to this drama. She's paired with a great senior actor. I'm hoping that this drama will show she has what it takes to make a role memorable and she can hold her own against a senior cast of actors.

• Like 6

Hello everyone, been reading what is going on in here for awhile so I though I would actually start commenting :).

I'm routing for IU to be amazing in this drama. I really started liking her in Hyori's B&B so I really want her to succeed as an actress. Unfortunately she doesn't have any time to hone her skills without people watching her, but hopefully she continues to improve.

I saw Lee Ji-ah in Beethoven's Virus a looooong time ago and I did like that drama. On Viki is says that she is a writer now? Anyway, I am looking forward to her acting comeback because I remember her as a good actress.

I'm happy that Jang Ki-yong is in this one because I really loved him in Go Back Spouses. I haven't seen him in anything else though. I feel like he has been thrust into the acting spotlight, but maybe he has been around for awhile?

Lee Sun-kyun has been the best in everything I have ever watching him in. Coffee Prince, Pasta, My Wife is Having an Affair This Week... He is the absolute best. Actually, I love that the first trailer is kind of taking on the feel of My Wife is Having an Affair.

• Like 5

On 2/14/2018 at 8:16 PM, lclarakl said:

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of IU or her acting. What I find missing in a lot of idols transitioning to acting is the subtleties of facial expression or emotions that shine through in their eyes, radiates from their body that comes through in a scene. 

However, I'm looking forward to this drama. She's paired with a great senior actor. I'm hoping that this drama will show she has what it takes to make a role memorable and she can hold her own against a senior cast of actors.

Hey, welcome to the thread.  I remember you from LSK's last drama and the thoughtful insights you shared there.  Hopefully this drama will be as stirring as that one.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:19 PM, V said:

Hello everyone, been reading what is going on in here for awhile so I though I would actually start commenting :).

I'm routing for IU to be amazing in this drama. I really started liking her in Hyori's B&B so I really want her to succeed as an actress. Unfortunately she doesn't have any time to hone her skills without people watching her, but hopefully she continues to improve.

I saw Lee Ji-ah in Beethoven's Virus a looooong time ago and I did like that drama. On Viki is says that she is a writer now? Anyway, I am looking forward to her acting comeback because I remember her as a good actress.

I'm happy that Jang Ki-yong is in this one because I really loved him in Go Back Spouses. I haven't seen him in anything else though. I feel like he has been thrust into the acting spotlight, but maybe he has been around for awhile?

Lee Sun-kyun has been the best in everything I have ever watching him in. Coffee Prince, Pasta, My Wife is Having an Affair This Week... He is the absolute best. Actually, I love that the first trailer is kind of taking on the feel of My Wife is Having an Affair.

Yay for another LSK fan!  It's been lonely thinking I might be the only one coming here for him.  I know it will be a very satisfying watch as he never disappoints.

I am liking the two teasers even though they are rather similar.  In both we have LSK turning around as if caught off-guard, perhaps hinting at his world that is about to collapse right before his eyes.  And in both IU has this steely look in her eyes that gives me goose bumps with excitement.  

Edited by triplem
Please do not post consecutively within one hour. Edit to add, thanks.
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Yay for another LSK fan!  It's been lonely thinking I might be the only one coming here for him.  I know it will be a very satisfying watch as he never disappoints.

He is the actual reason that I am going to watch this drama :). If another actor was in his role then i wouldn't be nearly as excited. I am happy to have another LSK fan in here too!

• Like 3

@sadiesmith, I remember you too; I truly appreciate your patience in my sharing my opinions.  I have to admit on MWHAATW, I had some strong opinions based on my interpretation of what I was seeing. I'm an avid reader and I always feel that the writer is trying to deliver a message....I hate when writers contradict themselves or they keeping making changes on the fly and forget what they said before (in that drama we had 3 writers). I felt there was quite a bit of that in the other drama, but it was also a drama that was overflowing with all my favorite actors and had some really good side stories.

I am a fan of LSK and I'm looking forward to this drama. I haven't seen any dramas by this writer, but I have seen dramas directed by the director. From the tiny clip that I've seen, I'm very optimistic that it's going to be good.

• Like 4

I do not watch many k-drama so I hope someone can enlighten me. Of the many k-drama that you have watch, are the many drama with plot involving married couple cheating on one another? What are the rating like for such drama? I was under the impression that Korean are more conservative and would not like seeing spouse cheating on another.

I am asking cause I am confuse. I don't know if such drama are very common that when a drama is announce with a married male character and a single female character, people automatically assume the drama is going to be about romance between the two character.

Hope someone can clarify. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Lim said:I do not watch many k-drama so I hope someone can enlighten me. Of the many k-drama that you have watch, are the many drama with plot involving married couple cheating on one another?

yes,there is. Han Hye jin drama "One Warm Word" with ji jin hee hv been aired at 2013.na eun jin (han hye-jin character) husband was cheating to another woman.while Yoo Jae Hak (Ji Jin Hee) is successful CEO,respectable father of two sons and husband to his devote wife (kim ji-soo).he though he was happy in his life until he finds himself attracted to eunjin and then he begins to reflect on his life and conflicts between responsibility to family and his feeling for eunjin. Its synopsis u can read at dramawiki.

another was happen in lee sang-yeob & hong soo hyun family when sangyeob father remarry to soohyun mom,they will never goback together.

temptation of wife's jang soo-hee & temptation's kwon sang woo,choi ji woo,park ha seon also abt couple who divorce and changes their partner life.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

I do not watch many k-drama so I hope someone can enlighten me. Of the many k-drama that you have watch, are the many drama with plot involving married couple cheating on one another? What are the rating like for such drama? I was under the impression that Korean are more conservative and would not like seeing spouse cheating on another.

I am asking cause I am confuse. I don't know if such drama are very common that when a drama is announce with a married male character and a single female character, people automatically assume the drama is going to be about romance between the two character.

Hope someone can clarify. Thanks.

There have been a few in recent years.  In fact one of them, My Wife's Having an Affair This Week (2016), also stars Lee Sun Kyun as a husband whose wife cheats on him.  Ratings were very decent for a JTBC (cable) drama.  That same year KBS aired On the Way to the Airport, about a woman and man in very bad marriages  finding love in each other.  I didn't see it, but I think it was well received.  And then a few years back JTBC had A Secret Love Affair, depicting an affair between an older woman in a very tough marriage with a much younger man, and this drama had very very good ratings.  Although I only watched the LSK's drama, I think all three shows handle the subject in a sensitive manner and none of them made light of affair.  That was probably why they did rather well rating-wise.

The reason people assume My Mister is about the romance between an older man and a younger woman could be because it was not revealed until after LSK and IU had been confirmed that his character would have a wife.  By then it was already too late to convince some people that there might not be romance between the main leads at all.  I don't think the production team ever explicitly said there would be romance between them, so it remains to be seen.  They have been very vague.

I am sure of this though: we have a director who knows exactly what he is doing and a lead actor who is very sensitive and respectful toward his female co-stars (an their fans).  I am very hopeful we will see a product that will handle all relationships carefully.

• Like 4

Thanks you all for the enlightenment. I too and looking forward to this drama and believe this drama is in good hand cause of the director. I can't wait to see this drama slay at the award shows even though the drama have not air yet :D 

My Mister fighting! 1 more month to go!

• Like 1

[CONFIRMED] Actress Go Doo Shim to replace actress Na Moon Hee (who dropped out due to schedule conflict) on ‘My Mister’. She will play Byun Yo Soon, a loving mother of three brothers. Note: GDS played IU’s mother in You’re the best, Lee Soon Shin http://http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003217256

DWXXOWjVwAErl7-.jpg

DWXXOWtU0AARDON.jpg

DWXXOWvVQAE3vOy.jpg

Cr: @4seasonswithIU

I am getting nervous now. Changing cast during mid filming? Also I believe she play a very important role too. Pray that this does not have any negative impact on the overall drama. I really want this drama to do well.
I am happy GDS reunite with IU again. This will help IU feel more at ease with someone familiar during filming. I love both of them during YTLSS.

Edited by triplem
Please do not post consecutively within one hour. Edit to add, thanks.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2018 at 12:31 AM, sadiesmith said:

There have been a few in recent years.  In fact one of them, My Wife's Having an Affair This Week (2016), also stars Lee Sun Kyun as a husband whose wife cheats on him.  Ratings were very decent for a JTBC (cable) drama.  That same year KBS aired On the Way to the Airport, about a woman and man in very bad marriages  finding love in each other.  I didn't see it, but I think it was well received.  And then a few years back JTBC had A Secret Love Affair, depicting an affair between an older woman in a very tough marriage with a much younger man, and this drama had very very good ratings.  Although I only watched the LSK's drama, I think all three shows handle the subject in a sensitive manner and none of them made light of affair.  That was probably why they did rather well rating-wise.

The reason people assume My Mister is about the romance between an older man and a younger woman could be because it was not revealed until after LSK and IU had been confirmed that his character would have a wife.  By then it was already too late to convince some people that there might not be romance between the main leads at all.  I don't think the production team ever explicitly said there would be romance between them, so it remains to be seen.  They have been very vague.

I am sure of this though: we have a director who knows exactly what he is doing and a lead actor who is very sensitive and respectful toward his female co-stars (an their fans).  I am very hopeful we will see a product that will handle all relationships carefully.

And we also have a writer who was fantastic in Oh Hae-young again.

• Like 4

A new still was just released showing the three brothers having a drink.  I am looking forward to their bromance as much as anything and judging from LSK's past works, I believe this, too, will be funny and epic.

Photo - tvN

And here's the video from the script reading meeting:

http://tv.naver.com/v/2739881?query=tvN+수목드라마+<나의+아저씨>+대본+리딩+현장+공개&plClips=false:2739881:1833750:2004919

I'm hoping someone would sub it in English.

Edited by triplem
Pls do not post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add.
  • Like 4