[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

:joy: LOL.

Yes, @YukawaCattle good insights recently! I'm not able to get into all those details without a lot of concentration, either, and I'm amazed you can lay it all out for us. Especially the cross photo outside the break room. I had thought it was just two buildings at first! Where did you get that layout of the office - did you draw that?

And yes @actionscript JA's desk really is in the middle of all the action. Wow!

Ooh, nice! I have always wondered why PDnim would "allow" the Christmas tree window in the show. If he didn't like it, he would have just picked another building for DH to break down in front of. I like the way you laid these out.

And yes, lots of Christian themes in the show...and I like that not only does JA help DH silently, she also makes herself say the words out loud to DH that he really needs to hear. Everyone else around DH talks "about" him, but JA is one of the only ones that encourages him directly. I think God does that with us, too. :wub:

Not by Episode 6, just yet. :lol: Lots of different types of love about to come as you go.

ahemm.. I just know that love has different types :relaxed: we will see then..  

NB. I am watching ep 7 now 

Did you like the scene when Sang Hoon tears his coat on the fence and there are feathers flying all around? And the soccer coach asking the middle-school soccer kids, "Do you think these adults know the rules?!" and the kids saying, "No."

That was when I was absolutely hooked on this show - I thought those elements of comedy were so creative and brilliant. I also loved that the show surprisingly introduced this part of Dong Hoon's life to us - soccer - as late as Episode 6.

To be honest what makes me continuing to watch this show diligently between my busy day hahaha is.. I love PDH’s character. Someone who is simple and sincere. It is very rare to be found nowadays in this world. His character fascinated me. The way he takes decision in life looks boring but I love it. The sincerity in his acts is something different. 

This is why I said that his wife is someone who is greedy. She is already got a perfect husband in my pov but she doesn’t great full. 

btw perhaps I also come from Joseon dynasty like PDH hahahahaaaaaaaa

I agree with you to a certain point....I think younger people's POV does shake up older generations' POV. However, in this show, Dong Hoon's POV is still very different than others in his generation....which is why he receives a lot of criticism and worry from those around him.

People who criticized PDH is people who do not know how to be great full in life <3 He is a gem

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Warning: Walls of text ahead, a lot of which is personal stories that may or may not interest you. I don’t think I have much analytical input to add here, but I wanted to share my ramblings nonetheless, fwiw.

I’m a very long time lurker in this thread, finally mustered up the courage to sign up and leave a comment. My wife and I started watching all kind of kdramas at the start of COVID, but by the time we got around to start My Mister in Feb 2021 (a year ago to the day, actually), she got jaded. The first episode didn’t grab her, so she dropped (one of her comments was along the line of “Whenever I look at that CEO [DJY], he’s just the rat guy from CLOY, so I don’t buy it that he’s rich and adulterous” lol). I soldiered on, kept watching it by myself, slowly and diligently, over the following month. Much tears had shed, and I wasn’t much of a crier in real life. 

It was unequivocally the best Korean drama I’ve ever watched, and still is my absolute number 1 today. I was obsessed with it for days and weeks thay followed (I saw some of you commenting to the same effect), and I was so glad to have found both this thread and the GMS site. I read through all 300+ pages of this thread (at that point) and all the analysis on GMS like an addict, gosh. I found many fanfics on AOOO as well, but none of them quite read right to me for some reason. In any case, I’d say I lost 2-3 weeks of productivity at work last year due to my mind being fixated on this show.

Just like many, I didn’t think much about the PDH/LJA loveline as I watched. I distinctly remembered thinking “look at how proud he look there, seeing her all grown up and independent” as the final scene of Ep16 rolls around. Using your brilliant matrix here, I guess I was a 2-2 or even 2-1 back then. I have zero issues with age-gap romance, but I just took what is shown at surface level and missed all the small details (small pieces of the mosaic as one of you eloquently described).

Side story- after the series I was petrified of my wife and I somehow growing the same way as PDH and KYH. It’s baseless paranoia, but who’s to say it couldn’t happen. So I exercised the first lesson from the series in my life - keep communication line fully open with your spouse, tell them what’s bothering you, don’t hide, don’t lie… I told her that the fact she had been texting one of her guy friends a lot bothered me, even though I know for certain there’s nothing there, 100%. I asked if she could include me and the guy friend’s wife in the conversation as well in a group chat. She went completely berserk at me. After a loooong argument I told her the reason why I said what I said, I wanted to be fully transparent and let her know what is the issue in my mind. Anyway, of course this is just a nothing incident, we’re back to lovey dovey within a day, she actually started a group chat, but she said she haaaaated My Mister for giving me the wrong life lesson and refused to watch it with me (since I wanted to do a rewatch badly) no matter how much I gushed over the quality. 

Fast forward to about a month ago, she agreed to watch it with me (much to my relief and delight). We completed it a few days ago and my gosh, it’s like living in a deja vu. I’m still obsessed about the story and characters and small details like I was a year ago, even though I know exactly what was going to happen. I went back to both this thread and GMS, and to my surprise, there’s new content to chew over. You guys are not making this easier for me! Wish I knew about the rewatch party on fangirlverdict to join then, though, as I also enjoyed your conversation there.

Whoever in the previous comments said watching + rewatching this show is like adding score to the tally, once we’re in the PDH/LJA romance mindset, there’s no going back. I am fully 3-4 today, and no one can ever convince me otherwise. My wife was like me after my first watch, she’s not quite convinced they will go down the romance route in the future after the ending, and she’s not a rewarcher of anything, so that’s that. My take on the ending is very simple: Both PDH and LJA have been on a year-long rehab journey to find happiness and growth during the timeskip. As you have all discussed they seem to be free of all obstacles to pursue the next step of their rekindled relationship. If they can find happiness in each other and see a romantic relationship as something that will fill their heart with happiness, there is literaly nothing standing in the way, the age gap included. I can’t see either of them falling for someone else, given how deep, intense and profound their mutual affection (love) was during the timeframe of the show. 

I’m from a relatively conservative culture that is very similar to South Korean, so I found myself surprised at the pushback against age gap. We have friends, married couples of course, with similar gap in real life, and no one batted an eye (that I know of). One couple, the husband ended his 20-plus year marriage (no affair involved as far as I know, just that they fought a lot and grew apart even when living under the same roof), and a short while after, got married to his second wife who is probably 25 years younger than him. They were actually in a long-distance relationship before and after the marriage, as he was living in the US with a green card and needed to sponsor his new wife for her to come as well from her/their home country. It took a few years (partly due to COVID delays), but they made it work. They just welcomed their newborn baby a few weeks ago, who is probably 25 years younger than his first child from his first marriage. I’m just amazed how he was able to court someone that much younger than him - and of course so so happy that he doesn’t have to live out his years alone after his first marriage came to an end.

The story about another couple is a sad story, though. They couple met through my wife’s family. The young wife here is actually my wife’s grade school friend, while the husband is a friend of my mother-in-law (never married until he was in his late 40s then). Somehow they fell in love and got married. Weird for my wife since she still addressed the wife as her “chingu” and the husband as “ahjussi” or uncle (I’m just using Korean words here for ease of reference). Again, no one batted an eye, everyone was happy that he found love finally and settled down, while she married into a financially stable person who would support her studies and future career. Unfortunately he passed away unexpectedly a few months ago, leaving her and their two children behind. She’s not even in her mid thirties yet, and already a widow.

(It does make one wonder what future holds for PDH and LJA if they choose to start a romantic relationship and a marriage. What if he passes away unexpectedly, who then would support her and maybe their children?)

On that note, I wanted to give a shoutout to SideCar_SideHugs from AOOO, which I just learn is @the_sweetroad from here, for writing such wonderful fanfic “The Road to You” on there. It fills all the blanks in a very thoughtful and satisfactory manner, true to the characters, true to the rules set out by the actual series, and true to what I (we?) think would be a logical evolution of all the characters, especially PDH/LJA.

That was my Ted talk, thank you all for coming.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

12 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

I think you really love LJA, lol.

:joy:

Yes, you are right. She is in the center, which means she is the main protagonist.

Well, I considered her the primary protagonist mainly because the title was coined through her perspective, it’s like she’s telling us, “My Ahjussi.” And she’s referring to DH, making DH the secondary protagonist in the story.

All the rest are extras. :lol:

Because @Thomas Zhang's idea is really make sense.

I think if KWS let DH and JA reunion again in the coffee shop, then there must be somewhere related to coffee in the whole drama.

And the answer is the tea room.

So there must be something here.

And then I see a cross on the wall, lol.

Very nice use of both deductive and inductive reasoning!

And thanks for sharing the floor plans. I also saw it in the youtube video, but it’s great you labeled the rooms with the names.

6 hours ago, Benz said:

Warning: Walls of text ahead, a lot of which is personal stories that may or may not interest you.

Thank you for sharing your MM journey, @Benz! And welcome to the thread!

I think we shared a lot of parallels in our K drama journey. I also started during the Covid lockdown with CLOY, loved it to bits until I found MM and has since been obsessed with it.

I guess it is a universal experience that pretty much everyone starts at 1-1 or 2-2 at most, and can only start to appreciate the love line on succeeding re-watches.

Glad you were able to patch things up quickly with your wife. Though sad to hear about the other couple’s story.

6 hours ago, Benz said:

I wanted to give a shoutout to SideCar_SideHugs from AOOO, which I just learn is @the_sweetroad from here, for writing such wonderful fanfic “The Road to You” on there. It fills all the blanks in a very thoughtful and satisfactory manner, true to the characters, true to the rules set out by the actual series, and true to what I (we?) think would be a logical evolution of all the characters, especially PDH/LJA.

Amen to that!! It's definitely a valuable addition to our MM experience. :heart4:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello chingus!

And ahh! This thread is moving so fast I can't keep up! :joy: We have a guest all week and my mind and life have been very busy with hosting.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:33 PM, YukawaCattle said:

Are you a Christian?
I am curious whether knowing something about Christianity will give me a deeper understanding of this drama.

Yes! I am. :)It's neat to see the Christian themes that are woven in to MM. (I'm not as deeply familiar with Buddhism, but I know there are Buddhist themes as well, like being reborn.)

Here are some Christian elements off the top of my head as far as MM:

- As you said, @YukawaCattle, one of the most obvious ones is that Dong Hoon says that he was on the verge of death, but Ji An saved him. With the cross symbolizing Ji An's role in DH's life, she is the one who knows him, goes to bat for him, and gives him reason to hope again and live life.

- Self-sacrifice for the good of the other is also a theme. In Christianity, this would be Jesus taking our sin on himself and dying on the cross, then conquering hell, in order to save us. In my mind, in MM, it looks like this: Dong Hoon and Ji An are both struggling in their realities, and are both enduring (or ignoring) reality. However, the other one sees the reality that the other one is living, and goes to great lengths (making sacrifices) to help the other person face reality and overcome their hardship. Other characters sacrifice as well. I wrote on the Fangirlverdict's site something that Stephan from Man v Drama talked about. I'll quote it here for ease if that's ok!

Spoiler

Another “healing” theme that weaves through Episodes 14 to 16 is how willing and eager everyone is to “save” and help the other person. If anyone followed the Man v Drama MM recaps, he discussed this in his Ep 15 video (part 1) and it was brilliant.

Here’s a sampling:

- Ji An is running away to protect herself from the consequences of what she and Ki Bum did to Director Park Dong Un, but another reason is to protect Dong Hoon’s promotion. (The other Managing Directors know he’s been closely connected to her, and among other things, she doesn’t want to taint DH’s reputation). She also tells Do Joon Young that she doesn’t want to get caught and have to expose DH and YH’s affair, because she knows that would hurt DH. She’s willing to be on the run forever for Dong Hoon’s good.

- Dong Hoon is willing to expose the affair – risking being humiliated – in order to save Ji An from being on the run.

- Yoon Hee is willing to expose the affair – exposing herself as a cheating wife – in order to save Ji An.

- Kwang Il is a changed man after he hears the recordings. He sees how Dong Hoon and Ji An have talked about him with compassion and understanding, and this sparks his humanity. He finds a way to send the USBs to Dong Hoon, and in this way validates Ji An’s legal argument against Do Joon Young. He gives up millions of won in order to help Ji An and Dong Hoon.

- Chairman Jang asks Director Park Dong Un to drop charges against Ji An, saving her from jail. For someone as disgraced as Park Dong Un was, this must have been difficult for him. But he submitted and did it.

If we go back to the beginning of My Mister and think about how the characters started out, it’s quite the difference! Back then, Ji An was actively working to get Dong Hoon fired, Kwang Il said a couple times he wanted to send Ji An to jail, and Yoon Hee was cheating with Do Joon Young and didn’t care if Dong Hoon ended up divorced and fired. At the end of the show, we see them all trying to protect each other through making real sacrifices.

- There is also the theme of justice in MM. Ji An, Ki Bum, Yoon Hee, Do Joon Young, and Director Yoon all commit crimes....and all of their crimes are exposed. I love that, that the show doesn't let anyone get away with anything.

- However, Ji An and Ki Bum are shown grace and mercy when they repent and don't get the punishment they deserve. There's a saying in Christianity that "grace is getting something you don't deserve, and mercy is not getting something you do deserve." (Does that take anyone else back to children's Sunday School? :lol:) Yoon Hee, too, repents of her affair. Dong Hoon shows her forgiveness and remains on good terms with her (even if he gets a divorce anyway). So there are themes of forgiveness and redemption in the show.

- Do Joon Young and Director Yoon, on the other hand, don't really ever seem to be all that repentant. They get fired and/or go to jail, which seems fitting.

The above things aren't exclusive to Christianity, of course, but I do find it interesting that they used a Christian cross to represent Ji An....so that made me look for other Christian themes that I was familiar with.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:29 PM, Benz said:

I’m a very long time lurker in this thread, finally mustered up the courage to sign up and leave a comment.

Yay!!!! So glad you signed up @Benz! It is great to hear your journey with MM and see how your thoughts evolved as well. Don't you just love @actionscript's matrix and the "adding to the tally" thoughts? Please keep chiming in when you can. We'd love to hear what you notice now, or what particularly strikes you as you think about MM and re-watch it. Seriously! As you can tell, we have not grown tired of talking about MM and hearing everyone else's thoughts. :lol:

Just like many, I didn’t think much about the PDH/LJA loveline as I watched. I distinctly remembered thinking “look at how proud he look there, seeing her all grown up and independent” as the final scene of Ep16 rolls around.

Yup, that's exactly how I felt the first time I watched it. It was only after finding GMS and being amazed that some people actually saw any kind of loveline that I had to go back to re-watch for clues. And now I can't unsee Dong Hoon's love for her! It's all over the place. But it does take re-watching to get there for many people.

On that note, I wanted to give a shoutout to SideCar_SideHugs from AOOO, which I just learn is @the_sweetroad from here, for writing such wonderful fanfic “The Road to You” on there. It fills all the blanks in a very thoughtful and satisfactory manner, true to the characters, true to the rules set out by the actual series, and true to what I (we?) think would be a logical evolution of all the characters, especially PDH/LJA.

On 2/9/2022 at 3:15 AM, YukawaCattle said:

By the way, I forgot to say something to @the_sweetroad.
Yes, your novel stays true to the original script, just as @Benz mentioned.
I laugh whenever I see read SH and KH's dialogues, lol.

On 2/9/2022 at 6:36 AM, actionscript said:

Amen to that!! It's definitely a valuable addition to our MM experience

Thanks so much, everyone! It really means a lot to me that you guys, those who know MM so well and love it, have enjoyed TRB2U. @YukawaCattle I made myself laugh whenever I wrote about SH and KH. :joy: And for some reason I liked making DH kind of grumpy. He reminds me of my husband, who is also an Enneagram Nine and gets exasperated at some things. :joy:

On 2/9/2022 at 5:36 AM, YukawaCattle said:

So let's see what element of EP16 coffee shop has. 
Maybe we will get some ideas of KWS's thoughts after we list the elements.

Love this!!! Thanks for breaking it down.

Also, about it being during the daytime...have you seen this article on GMS? :D

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/07/13/darkest-hour-before-dawn/

(Scroll to the end to see the brief commentary on the ending scene.) :gangnamstyle:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 5:33 PM, YukawaCattle said:

I have the director's edition blu ray of MM, so I also have that book.

By the way I'm so jealous that you have this!! It's not available in our area at all. :tears: You were able to find it recently (2021)? I saw it was on sale in Taiwan for a lot of money, and then shipping would have also been a lot of money....so I had to give it up. :lol: Thankfully bilibili has a lot of the behind-the-scenes videos, and there's that YouTube video of the book.

I heard there are "extra" scenes in the Director's Cut of the show that weren't aired during the live showing - can you tell us what some of them are? You also got the script, right? So fun. I'm glad the show did that for its fans.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

hi besties.. :selfie2:

I am very very very busy this week. Was hope to be able to just sit and watch this drama quietly but real life need 200 % of attention hahaha. 

Ep 7

<3 I love the way PDH handled DJY in the camp scenes. Very cool. He is a type of a man who could not bear if hurting others :kiss_wink: He is just not on the same level with his wife and DJY.

<3 I love the scene where IU ran to Yu Hui and said "I've always wanted to see the face of a woman who cheats on her husband. And I finally see you. Hei ahjumma, get to your senses."  HAHAHAHAHAAAAA :Megalol: I know that Netflix translated it as 'hei lady, get to your senses.' but if I the translator I would translate it as palpable as it possible. HAHAHA "hei auntie. get to your sense." Which actually LJA means that she is already old. wake up please. HAHAHA.. I love this scene very much lol.

NB. will continue to type about ep 7 later. Need to get home ASAP. C U besties :heart1:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

49 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I heard there are "extra" scenes in the Director's Cut of the show that weren't aired during the live showing - can you tell us what some of them are? You also got the script, right? So fun. I'm glad the show did that for its fans.

【我的大叔】至安的手语课(蓝光加长版的内容)_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

My video. One of the extra scenes as an Easter Egg at the end of the drama.

I translated it from English subtitle to Chinese.

Everything JA said in this scene was a metaphor for how much she missed her Ahjussi.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, YukawaCattle said:

By the way again. 
Because you mentioned bilibili, I want to share a video with you guys.
Someone mix-cut the drama The Producers and Listen to Love and show us LJA and PDH's extra chapter.
I think this is awesome.

Omo, I LOVE THAT!!! I really like The Producers and I LOVE Listen to Love, so that was great, even though I couldn't read the Chinese subtitles (again). But I know enough of the plot from both to get what was happening....haha. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

May I translate your idea into Chinese and put it on my blog?
I think this is really nice commentary.

Yes! Go for it! :):) About the specific "everyone is saving everyone else" idea...You may want to go back to what Stephan said too in his Man v Drama video, too, to see the original idea. I thought it was so insightful.

And because this is new, I spend lots of money on this, around 1,437 US dollars. 
To buy this, I even borrow money from my father. (And scold by him, lol.)

That is a lot of money!!

Please say thank you to your dad from all of us. :joy: And @Thomas Zhang also has the Director's Blu-Ray...Thanks to both of you for sharing your insights here from the box set.

That's a fun picture of the three brothers leaning against the red car.

Actually, I didn't open the video. I only "touch" the original script.
(I can't read Korean, lol.)
So the following list is from the internet.

-EP7 Added a campsite scene that the driver helps pack up the tent and take the chairman back. (The original script has this one.)

-After the end of EP11, add the scene that KH is talking on the phone in front of JH's bar.

-EP12 The scene of SH chatting with JH at the bar at JH's bar, add a scene that JH has a drink. (The original script has this one.)

-After the end of EP12, JC is in front of JH's bar and tells DH the following story about KH and YR.
(He didn't finish that in the drama.)

-After the end of EP13, KH read the swearing note he wrote. This clip is unmuted version, lol.

-EP14 KWS deleted the part of JH's singing due to the copyright issue of the song.

-EP16 Added a clip that DH goes to the counter to add a new contact before DH and JA left the nursing home. (The original script has this one.)

-EP16 Before YH sent JA back to JH's bar, add a clip of JH walking the guests to the door. (The original script has this one.)

-EP16 After the police got the wiretap files, add the clip of Executive director Yoon's defense meeting. (The original script has this one.)

-EP16 After the YH's affair spread in Saman E&C, add a clip of Gi-beom going to the CEO office to destroy DJY's desk card. (The original script has this one.)

-EP16 Add a re-confidence vote clip for the CEO. (The original script has this one.)

-EP16 After Hugye people sent JA away in front of JH's bar, JC had one more dialogue.

-After the end of EP16, there will be an extended version of JA's sign language teaching clip.

Great, thank you! That's a great list of extra scenes. I'm relieved that it seems like PDnim still got all the scenes of DH and JA into the show. The extra scenes just round out some of the other scenes of other people. Except for the last one of JA teaching sign language.

I find this is IU's signature when I open it in the second day, lol.
It is lucky to have IU's signature.

(Yes. I am showing off. 

LOL, great!!

It sounds that you and your husband are so sweet.
I guess your husband is also similar to Mark Darcy.

My husband is very sweet when he's not grumpy. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thank you! If it's easier for you I'm fine just having the text here, too. :partyblob: Or you just paraphrasing from memory. (Anything, really. :lol:)

I had my dad explain to me some of the subtitles.. I still couldn’t grasp the exact words he has translated in fookien but I can understand bits and pieces.. :sweatingbullets:

The first few lines are about JA teaching them how to do sign language about meeting a person you’ve been wanting or excited to see, and how to act out the reaction in sign language.

And then when she pointed at the 2nd item on the board, I think it’s about playing hide-and-seek. She was describing how this one person is beside her and is now gone, and that made her very anxious. And she’s teaching the class how to act that out in sign language.

These are very loose translations but yes, definitely I can see what @Thomas Zhang said that indeed it was about JA missing DH.

Anyways, let’s just wait for the English version.  :lol:

But loosely, I can see how it is indeed a metaphor on how to interpret JA’s reaction upon seeing DH in the coffee shop. In the same manner Yu Ra’s movie contained clues on how to interpret the ending scene. I guess the PDnim had all bases covered even before showing the final coffee shop scene.

@YukawaCattledo you already have JA's 30,000 years old remark as part of your 3 list? I think the fact they used a 3 there is again not a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, YukawaCattle said:

Oh, @actionscript.
Last time you mentioned that after the end of EP1, SH said that he would build Ahjussi Village. 
This one is actually not in the original script.

That's interesting! Still couldn't wrap my head around what that epilogue was all about. :D

1 hour ago, YukawaCattle said:

By the way, because I look forward to getting LSK's signature at the first time, I didn't figure out what I got is IU's signature.

I find this is IU's signature when I open it in the second day, lol.
It is lucky to have IU's signature.

(Yes. I am showing off. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):)

:fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, YukawaCattle said:

Recently he said maybe bridge also has meaning.

:joy:

Did you see this on GMS?

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/29/my-mister-locations-dongho-bridge-part-2-5/

This Spring DH meet JA.

JA has joined Saman by January 15, 2018, which is when DH and Team Three are outside in the freezing cold inspecting the tower. So it's not technically spring. But spring is when they have to say goodbye to each other, so maybe spring is still in the three...DJY and YH start affair in spring 2017 - DH and JA say goodbye in spring 2018 (and actually, she's gone from Saman by March 20 which is 1) the start of spring and 2) when DJY signs the ppwk for DH) - DH and JA reunite in spring 2019.

Actually, I am thinking about why KWS deleted the scene from the drama that DH adds a new contact in EP16.

I have an idea that it is because of what DH will do for JA, JA will also do to him.

So if DH adds his contact, this means DH is JA's family.

Then such a scene will imply JA will become DH's family in the future, right?

Because these two people are always in a high sync.

So that means they will marry in the future.

That's right! I forgot that that was a deleted scene, too. DH and JA marrying in the future to complete the sync....good thought. :wub:

1 hour ago, actionscript said:

The first few lines are about JA teaching them how to do sign language about meeting a person you’ve been wanting or excited to see, and how to act out the reaction in sign language.

And then when she pointed at the 2nd item on the board, I think it’s about playing hide-and-seek. She was describing how this one person is beside her and is now gone, and that made her very anxious. And she’s teaching the class how to act that out in sign language.

Nice! Please thank your dad, too. :lol:

This definitely seems to be a foreshadowing of her seeing DH again, and an indication that she's still thinking about him.

I just read this (using Google Chrome translate) - wow! Excellent collection of syncing between DH and JA. I never realized just how many parallel scenes there were. You do such a good job linking back to the original posters, too. That is a lot of work. B)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1