[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

yIbwvFQ.jpg

Source https://twitter.com/moon_bin/status/1019814920962039808

This individual received the above autographed Polaroid from Mnet. 

EDIT zoom-up credit @smotherguy

WDg6KIe.jpg

Kim Won Suk PD news - today

Theyll meet w/ Kim Won Suk PD and Kim Young Hyun + Park Sang Yeon writers today

100% pre-production drama
1st half 2019 broadcast

Edited by mylovelystar
EDIT cr https://twitter.com/smotherguy/status/1019902217266925568
  • Like 5

On 7/18/2018 at 10:56 PM, widala said:

Ji An smiles for her moon...

Full video

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/07/07/filming-the-final-scene/#comments

Screenshots

Ji An looks so soft and feminine and demure in that scene. Nothing like the girl she used to be.  Dong Hoon really affected her deeply. And he looks so blissfully happy to see her again. Transformative love indeed. :wub:

• Like 8

Was driving with my husband, and he told me of a program he had heard on the radio the other day.  There was a survey conducted on a group of Asian parents and a group of American parents asking them to name the number one thing they wish for their children.  Almost all of the Asian parents said it was for their kids to be successful, and almost all the American parents said for their kids to be happy.  This immediately led me to think about the show and how the topics of success and happiness are such an integral part of it, how the pressure for Dong Hoon to be successful and to put on a happy appearance at the same time almost kills him.  'Tis such a dangerous wish.  Ji An is probably the first and only person who really wishes for his personal happiness.  

• Like 12

Ive just visited the fansite again, id like to make a suggestion about the next post, if I may. I remember seeing posts about DH wanting to be called ‘Manager’ instead of Ahjussi when they were walking together. Id love to read more insights about that. When I first saw that scene, I really didn’t know how I should feel or take that as. Would love to read others opinions about it :) Many thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ann04 said:

Ive just visited the fansite again, id like to make a suggestion about the next post, if I may. I remember seeing posts about DH wanting to be called ‘Manager’ instead of Ahjussi when they were walking together. Id love to read more insights about that. When I first saw that scene, I really didn’t know how I should feel or take that as. Would love to read others opinions about it :) Many thanks!

That's just another manifestation of Dong Hoon's denial. He keeps trying to maintain a formal distance between them although his heart wants to get ever closer.

And then in the end what does he say?

"Why do you have to go that far?"

And what does she say later, in reply?

"It was because of you, Ahjussi. That I lived for the first time."

It's this push-pull, push-pull that marks all great love stories, and sucks us right in!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Cindy x Ji-an series of vids by Lovey s2 【러비】   is complete.  Part 3 was published today.

Part 1 published on Mar 25, 2018

Spoiler

Part 2 published on Apr 15, 2018

Spoiler

Part 3 published on Jul 19, 2018

EDIT

https://twitter.com/non__panda/status/1020247026519310336

In the autographed pic below.........

"16 EP X 60 MINS

DRAMA" is a typo. 1st & last eps were longer.

4k8TiRN.jpg

2nd EDIT

If I am not mistaken, this individual won the Lee Sun-kyun and IU signed Polaroid!

YZcNabK.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Ive finally finished a drama! I completed Queen In Hyun’s Man last night and it was such a cute, at times heart breaking story. It is a time travel saeguk drama so completely different to MA but just what I needed. On a side note, I realise how cringy, cheesy some romantic scenes can be :sweatingbullets:. But I do recommend it. I think thats just what happens after watching MA. Im still not over it though!:lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I'm fi~nally done with my traffic signals analysis... at the risk of overanalyzing. They fit a little too well, so I think most, if not all, of these were intentional. Hope you enjoy!

---

Thesis: Traffic signals are primarily used to indicate timing for Dong Hoon & Ji An’s relationship.

Key takeaways:

• Other than green lights, every other signal indicates that the timing is off
  • Going against the signal (e.g.: not stopping at a Stop sign) indicates heartbreak / disappointment

Stop + Caution

Stay, Maintain a distance

QYLt5dq.gif

• [Ep 5] Ji An runs to check up on a suicidal Dong Hoon, but settles for looking over him from a safe distance.
  • [Ep 6] Ji An gets worried when Dong Hoon lingers by the Han River bridge for too long, and rushes over to check up on him – from afar – until she confirms that he’s alive and well.
  • [Ep 9] Ji An runs over to check up on a depressed, heavily breathing Dong Hoon. She looks over him from afar, all the way till he reaches home safely.
  • [Ep 13] Dong Hoon thanks Ji An “for staying by [his] side”. Both tear up, and clearly long to be together. But they just can’t be. Not at this time. And that breaks both their hearts.
  • [Ep 15] Ji An remembers how stern and upset Dong Hoon was with Assistant Manager Kim as he said, “I heard about everything”… and imagines that he feels the same way toward her as he said those same words. She tries to make amends to bridge the gap between them, apologizing over and over, from afar.

Flashing yellow lights

Proceed with caution

oq7JhXa.gif

[Ep 16] Dong Hoon and Ji An pass by Saman E&C and presumably are reminded of each other. They’re almost about to be reunited.

Read the rest here ;) 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

I've finished About Time. It was cute and fluffy and a good way to pass the time,  but I don't expect it to be anything like MA.  I tell myself to adjust my expectations so I can enjoy other dramas. It's like reading books.  I can enjoy other books,  but there will always be those few that will remain my favorites and which I re-read from time to time. I never get tired of them. Same thing with MA. :)

I've finished About Time. It was cute and fluffy and a good way to pass the time,  but I don't expect it to be anything like MA.  I tell myself to adjust my expectations so I can enjoy other dramas. It's like reading books.  I can enjoy other books,  but there will always be those few that will remain my favorites and which I re-read from time to time. I never get tired of them. Same thing with MA. :)

• Like 8

@akhenaten @ann04

I reckon it will just take time. It took six months for me and Secret Love Affair and during that time I did nothing but rewatch the show over and over again, trying to figure out its magic.

I’m not able to watch anything else still, much like @ninaanin said I know from two decades of watching K Drama there ain’t going to be anything like this in a long while

Seeing updates from PD Kim and Lee Seon Gyun and their new projects is bittersweet. They’ve moved on, and in time, so must we. Let me just linger a little longer...

@seungshin I am still waiting eagerly to hear your thoughts! 

We actually picked some of our favorite posts, edited them and set up a fan site called Give Me Slippers (inspired by Piano Conversations!)

and for those of you still following, I updated Contact

• Like 12

I am definitely lingering and deliberately slow in my rewatch with still 6 episodes to finish.  I'm surprised that it's Ji An - Halmeoni's scenes that have consistently moved me to tears this second time around, and I think it will be different again with the next watch.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, justamom said:

@akhenaten @ann04

I reckon it will just take time. It took six months for me and Secret Love Affair and during that time I did nothing but rewatch the show over and over again, trying to figure out its magic.

I’m not able to watch anything else still, much like @ninaanin said I know from two decades of watching K Drama there ain’t going to be anything like this in a long while

Seeing updates from PD Kim and Lee Seon Gyun and their new projects is bittersweet. They’ve moved on, and in time, so must we. Let me just linger a little longer...

@seungshin I am still waiting eagerly to hear your thoughts! 

We actually picked some of our favorite posts, edited them and set up a fan site called Give Me Slippers (inspired by Piano Conversations!)

and for those of you still following, I updated Contact

Thank you for the update. It was lovely .. I could feel PDH urgency and his passion burning for jian. 

I cant let go but I must. Only time will heal the void left behind by MA. 

I was was not able to start any drama but I did end up watching few episodes Hyori bed and breakfast reality show and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don’t know what it is .. maybe the calmness of the place or the main couple who so seem so much in love or the pacing which kind of reminds me of MA. It felt slow and soothing . Or Hyori herself who seems so charming and a lovable person.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ann04 said:

Ive finally finished a drama! I completed Queen In Hyun’s Man last night and it was such a cute, at times heart breaking story. It is a time travel saeguk drama so completely different to MA but just what I needed. On a side note, I realise how cringy, cheesy some romantic scenes can be :sweatingbullets:. But I do recommend it. I think thats just what happens after watching MA. Im still not over it though!:lol:

Congratulations! :D

Queen In Hyun's Man is a good drama. I like the male lead, he's smart and cool.

And Yoo In Na is Lee Ji Eun's best friend irl :wub:

I'm haven't finished any drama... 

The other night I was planning to watch another drama, then I remember a scene from MA that I wanted to see and ended up watching the whole episode :sweatingbullets:

Watched a lot of Lee Sun Kyun's movies though, A Hard Day is very good.

I realised that even he always has the voice, but in the movies I've watched he only use it to, you know, talk.

But in MA, they really utilized it to the max. PDH speaks mostly in low tone, rarely rise his voice even if he was annoyed (only if he was very angry or emotional).

That low tone, beside as the reflection of PDH's character (his gentleness; the child who never ask for anything, if he asked for food that means he's really really hungry), also is the best way to enjoy his voice. A fanservise to Ji An and the rest of unsuspecting audiences.

Who needs shower scenes when you have that voice talking about internal and external strength, right?

Thanks @justamom for updating Contact :wub:

• Like 9

21 hours ago, widala said:

Who needs shower scenes when you have that voice talking about internal and external strength, right?

Right on, @widala.  The best example of that gentle low voice is in episode 4, when he asks her to take medicine for her fever.  

A few random things from the last few days:

1. Dong Hoon yelling why, why, why! as he's throwing punches at Kwang Il mirrors his anger during his confrontation with Yoon Hee.

2. The contrast in DH from the first picture to the next over the span of only a few minutes will never cease to make me giggle:

4AwK4Y10lZaj_fgxI0uVVyD2Oi_Pp0FQzaYjn7YT3HVU3XsYsnexXPV4wYClCh_KRw9QSZqzqElngLEscCXMsGVKO2E6bHN8hZE1ky8ldwrTLdU8lUjiAxJXv5RUJTqOUPje5uDZ

kHlkvZRtSTeYGzbT2bHywhIxUhEtaYru96PfR7X1nFdpmRwE-BJVErvFhVVwIa3A_kAJFIe5pH-eW-QWAT9lY3e1r2KFEsyVFOtZpTRJAc77FQmumhUjMZ6Y1aK60ofNVHlkq_wQ

3. Javabeans has been my favorite writer at Dramabeans, and today she said this about Mr. Sunshine:

"Okay, I’ve seen enough to feel like I get what vibe the drama’s going for, and it just isn’t one that grips me. There are a lot of elements about this show I find very compelling, but it just doesn’t feel like an organic, character-driven show, and my emotions are having a hard time being engaged. It sort of feels like the show was built the opposite of the way I prefer — setpieces and overreaching arc first, then back-filling in with character moments, rather than starting with characters and building out from there."

Man, does the opposite of everything she said about Mr. Sunshine not describe My Ajusshi to a tee?  

• Like 12

You just spoke my words. Even I was thinking about the scene where he asks her to take medicine. At this point he had just taken her to task for kissing him and was not on speaking terms with her . But when he saw her fingers hurt I guess he couldn’t resist himself talking to her. He spoke in such a low tone with so much concern as if he dint want anyone else to hear him. 

The other scene that that had me with the voice tone is when jian tells PDH that she hates winter during one of their long walks. He then tells her that’s not something 20 year old should say.

jian spoke in such a low tone it was almost like a whisper but the talk felt so initimate. They are actually sharing there inner most feelings during their walking rendezvous.

• Like 10

On 7/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, widala said:

I realised that even he always has the voice, but in the movies I've watched he only use it to, you know, talk.s 

What you said combined with the way @justamomtakes us inside DH's head to see things from his point of view remind me of LSK's last drama. My Wife's Having an Affair This Week employs this technique and we are treated to LSK's voice narrating everything. 

• Like 4

On 7/22/2018 at 12:02 PM, sadiesmith said:

The best example of that gentle low voice is in episode 4, when he asks her to take medicine for her fever.  

My other favorite is in episode 8, when he's taking care of Yoon Hee who was depressed because the man she's having an affair with is -surprise surprise- a scumbag.

TNJFZ7yl.jpg

He woke her up and told her to eat, he even prepared the food! 

But the gentleness in his voice contradicted with the impersonal way he touched her (just a little pat on the leg).

Of course, this was the time when he still deluded himself that he can keep the marriage if Yoon Hee doesn't know that he knows about the affair.

Once he knew that she knew that he knew (ha!) about the affair, even his brothers knew and everything's out in the open, he was like "go sleep in the sofa without any blanket on, see if I care".

cM9qp1t.gif

GIF source

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/07/18/gif-parallels-between-the-two-affairs/

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

On 7/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, h2ogirl said:

I'm fi~nally done with my traffic signals analysis... at the risk of overanalyzing. They fit a little too well, so I think most, if not all, of these were intentional. Hope you enjoy!

---

Thesis: Traffic signals are primarily used to indicate timing for Dong Hoon & Ji An’s relationship.

Key takeaways:

• Other than green lights, every other signal indicates that the timing is off
  • Going against the signal (e.g.: not stopping at a Stop sign) indicates heartbreak / disappointment

Read the rest here ;) 

@h2ogirl, I finally had time to read your awesome post and came away very impressed by your eye for details.  If KWS ever sees this post he'd give you an A+ for sure. :)  Didn't realize there are so many traffic signals, and also, it took me a while to realize there is a "caution" sign in many scenes.  Are they all the same sign? 

fb4SmZH.jpg

This scene above (red to green) also points to a new Dong Hoon, one that is announced by the preceding confrontation with the villa owner at the end of episode 4.  The walking zombie is about to wake up.  

• Like 11

Hi all, happy Monday! :)

rewatching My Ajusshi with the same schedule as Japan broadcast, last Saturday up to ep.4.

during this rewatch, I felt that the humour in this show which came mostly through of SH and KH still cracked me up.

*ep 2: SH narrated an ajusshi story who is miserable with no money and wife, and he is sure that story could be made into a successful tv drama, then KH nonchalantly said that SH just need to give it a title ‘my own miserable story’, and SH was like ‘how did KH know that it is about me??’ oh Sang Hoon, :D

*ep 3: money lender agent that came looking for SH, and SH successfully failed to pretend that he isn’t SH with KH exasperated.

that scene might be something that has been repeated many times in a drama comedy (with a spot-on backsound), but here in My Ajusshi it never failed to give me lol time.

about ‘temptation for DH in the form of JA’, 

I’m sure that in early as ep 1, the foundation of that temptation has been laid on, in that ladybug incident.

DH seen JA’s face upclose and personal during that incident, so I’m sure that then and there DH has silently acknowledged that JA is pretty (first step of temptation: physical attraction).

note: another person who has closely ‘examined’ JA face (similar close range with DH’s) is YR in ep 16, and she also thinks that JA is pretty but of course she could say it outloud, unlike our poor boy DH ;)

I also wondered on how DH has (un?)consciously chose JA over chairman, ep 3/4 where  chairman invited DH to eat together..DH said he already had dinner plan (while gazing to JA). I was actually amused on how JA steely gazed could be part of DH’s rejection to chairman’s invitation, but my shipper heart could not resist to think that DH has actually wanted to know more about this young lady through a dinner date, hahaa..(I should say that I only approved this slight leaning into emotional affair of DH and JA in early episode because I couldn’t be more confused and upset on how YH could be so calm on having emotional and physical affair with JY :crazy:)

ok, ep 5-6 for the next Fri-Sat :D

thanks again for you guys who keep developing and updating the fansite, the last one I read and enjoyed so much is the one with parallel of the affair, a really good one!

and please could someone help to confirm whether the location of the kiss in ep 3 is the one when DH rceived JA’s farewell call? I seem stubbornly sure that it’s the same place hence the camera paning and emphasing the spot in that heartbreaking call in ep.14.

Have a good week everyone!

• Like 12