Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

4 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

They're literally 0.4 seconds long lol. This guy, Park Dong Hoon!!!

Dong Hoon's tongue in cheek smile, episode 16 as he tells her the credit goes to Sang Hoon, not him

The camera pans to Ji An's side profile, to show Dong Hoon catching a glimpse of her. And he's so happy to see her he smiles to himself, a smile he can't control, a smile showing his true feelings towards her.

(Made that one big to be used a future Featured pic, hehe.)

Making GIFs for the farewell post too, if that's what you'd prefer. ;) 

HAHA. My sister (who only watched MA once :wacko:) had the same interpretation too. But having rewatched MA at least 3 times, and knowing PDH fairly well, he was just taking a look at her office ID. He is a reaaally decent guy. But not a saint devoid of desires, as the platonic-loveliners make him out to be. :rolleyes: 

@h2ogirl thank you, thank you! I love love love those smiles

0.4 seconds, only for her

not a forced smile for others, like with his brothers at the bar,

but a smile for himself

he was never ambiguous about his feelings for her

I keep thinking of my tutor's interpretation now, that he was deeply tormented by his desire to be with her, knowing at the same time that it was impossible, and how much suffering that must have caused him

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

My reaction when Google translates Naui Ahjussi as My Uncle...

giphy.gif

• LOL 11

Those of you who ordered the OST, did you order through Yes24? It's been more than a month and I haven't received mine

• Like 2

On 7/5/2018 at 12:52 AM, justamom said:

No no. That’s supposed to happen after they kiss. Remember? :lol:

Hahah. When I saw the photo, I immediately saw Dong-hoon and Ji-an, NOT LSG and LJE. 

I imagine DH would totally wear this kinda outfit come summer, and JA would totally wear this kinda outfit after the time jump.

And LOOK, LOOOKKKKKKKKKKKK at how they're staring at each other. 

OMG MY HEART. I DIE. 

*Side note: Watching WWWSK, and the couple from Because This Is My First Life made a cameo, as husband and wife. I can only hope LSG & LJE will be invited to make an appearance on another show as a couple :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

A couple of thoughts on re-watching Episode 16.

1) Dong Hoon waits at Omma's place for Yoon Hee and Ji An to finish their interviews at the police station.

Sang Hoon asks, what are you waiting for?

"Chib-saram" (my wife)

"Why?"

The subtext: what, or who he's really waiting for is Ji An. But he can't say that, obviously, so he says, my wife. Is he waiting for his wife? No, he's waiting to find out the outcome of the investigation and if Ji An will be okay.

2) Dong Hoon and Ji An sitting on the steps of the funeral parlour. She thanks him.

"It wasn't me, it was my older brother."

But that moment when Sang Hoon's face crumples up in the lonely funeral parlour, is it purely because he pities this poor girl whom he has no connection with? NO! It's because this young girl, who has been so important in his brother's life, the girl who kept his brother alive - is not even able to hold a proper funeral. And so this funeral is Sang Hoon thanking Ji An, for everything she has done for Dong Hoon.

3) Funeral parlour. Yoon Hee and Ki Beom say goodbye, Dong Hoon sends them off with a bow-->thank you for coming to my concubine's grandma's funeral :ph34r: I mean, aren't the husband and wife supposed to attend funerals and weddings together? That's what your spouse is for...and the fact that he is sending her off, as the chief mourner at the funeral of someone who is not family--but more important than family

@ccl82 I'm with you. I know @mushroomsoupie and @sadiesmith thought he looked like a slob but really I thought that was his ahjussi get up and that was the new Ji An post time lapse...hmm that gives me some ideas lol

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

Side note: Watching WWWSK, and the couple from Because This Is My First Life made a cameo, as husband and wife. I can only hope LSG & LJE will be invited to make an appearance on another show as a couple :)

How are you finding it? I tried watching it but it really just felt sooo cliche and boring. Seemed like a great cast but no substance on the plot. Ive read comments about it too so I think its a no go for me at the moment. The plot seems to be the usual trope too. Im trying to watch Oh Jak Doo at the moment but MA is so hard to move on from lol

• Like 5

4 hours ago, justamom said:

@ccl82 I'm with you. I know @mushroomsoupie and @sadiesmith thought he looked like a slob but really I thought that was his ahjussi get up and that was the new Ji An post time lapse...hmm that gives me some ideas lol

Yes, yes, why did they have to age him up when they could have presented him in something like this: <_<

Spoiler

2_zps0757c342.jpg~original

3_zpsdafa25a9.jpg~original

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Yes, yes, why did they have to age him up when they could have presented him in something like this: <_<

Hide contents

.... and my ovaries  just exploded !!!!!

i can’t hadle so much of sexiness from our beloved ajhussi !! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • LOL 6

11 hours ago, ann04 said:

How are you finding it? I tried watching it but it really just felt sooo cliche and boring. Seemed like a great cast but no substance on the plot. Ive read comments about it too so I think its a no go for me at the moment. The plot seems to be the usual trope too. Im trying to watch Oh Jak Doo at the moment but MA is so hard to move on from lol

I'm watching it just for the sake of watching a new Kdrama on TV. I like PSJ, but I agree it's the usual stuff. Guy pulls girl's arm, girl fall into guy's lap, awkward kiss... Most of the time, I'm really just watching WWWSK while surfing the net, cooking etc.

11 hours ago, justamom said:

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Reveal hidden contents

2_zps0757c342.jpg~original

3_zpsdafa25a9.jpg~original

Definitely ahjussi get-up. LSG's  and LJE's own style are quite different. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mylovelystar said:
OMG so cute!!!

But what do they say? "Tsutto! Motto! Emme!" ???  :anguished:

• Like 4

I believe they were saying 'Zutto! Motto! Mnet!' -> 'Always! More! Mnet!' (the channel's slogan)

That aside...

OMFG THAT IS SO CUTE!!! The Japanese are a godsend ;___;

There should be a ban of some sort against people looking this cute when smiling...I feel like I lost a few years of my age looking at that...

• Like 9
  • LOL 5

14 minutes ago, andius said:

I believe they were saying 'Zutto! Motto! Mnet!' -> 'Always! More! Mnet!' (the channel's slogan)

That aside...

OMFG THAT IS SO CUTE!!! The Japanese are a godsend ;___;

There should be a ban of some sort against people looking this cute when smiling...I feel like I lost a few years of my age looking at that...

I know!  Thank goodness for Japanese release.  Hope they have prepared to give viewers little goodies like this every week until the very end.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, andius said:

That was quick! Thank you!

Next question: do you know how the drama is aired in Japan? I mean – is it subtitled in Japanese? Or dubbed?

And, more generally: are Korean dramas often aired this soon in Japan after being shown in Korea?

• Like 4

@Sakari Based on their trailer here:

I believe it's subtitled in Japanese. Which is good, because I'm not a fan of dubs in general, and no dubs could've done LSK and IU's performance justice.

Unfortunately I don't follow that many dramas either Korean or Japanese, so can't answer your second question...does anyone know?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

That was quick! Thank you!

Next question: do you know how the drama is aired in Japan? I mean – is it subtitled in Japanese? Or dubbed?

And, more generally: are Korean dramas often aired this soon in Japan after being shown in Korea?

Not sure about MA, but when I was in Japan last year, I saw a Korean drama on TV. In Korean, with Japanese subtitles. 

• Like 4

On 7/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, justamom said:

Those of you who ordered the OST, did you order through Yes24? It's been more than a month and I haven't received mine

I ordered through Yes24, and it arrived in 35 days.

yes I did count per day since I was a bit anxious waiting for the CD, a newbie here, hehe..My much younger workmates who are veteran for kpop goodies were reassuring me that it should be normal for anything ordered from korea to arrive to our country in 1 or 1,5 month.

so hopefully yours will arrive in no time,  a month or so is normal for goodies delivery time. otherwise you can just check with their cust service through email, I heard their service is quite good.

All the best!

• Like 5