[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

16 minutes ago, justamom said:

OMG please share links. If they translated mine, I hope they gave proper credits!!

I don't even want to get onto Douban. I have fallen into way too many rabbit holes.

Seriously how many languages you speak? 

Korean , Japanese , Chinese .... if I could speak all this 3 languages I would put a tent on their respective MA fansites. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

48 minutes ago, justamom said:

OMG please share links. If they translated mine, I hope they gave proper credits!!

I don't even want to get onto Douban. I have fallen into way too many rabbit holes.

This is a recent and most popular chinese fanfic about DH-JA's relationship after the time jump 

p2525153932.jpg

https://movie.douban.com/subject/27602137/discussion/615641349/ 

(I used Google Translate to understand the story. IT'S REALLY GOOD! Very detailed. JA-DH wedding and all that good stuff.:wub:)

Fanmade MV: Crossover of IU and LSG's past dramas 

Cindy (Producers) x Do Hyun Woo (My Wife's Having an Affair this Week)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av23418519

@justamom I believe they translated alex29's fanfics few weeks ago. I saved the link, but it already got deleted from the website, not sure why..

29 minutes ago, t123han said:

Seriously how many languages you speak? 

Korean , Japanese , Chinese .... if I could speak all this 3 languages I would put a tent on their respective MA fansites. 

No, not at all! I only speak English, and very little korean. I just utilised Google Translate feature as my guide:D:D

• Like 7

I bit the bullet and translated the trilogy fanfic and have it mailed over to myself so that I can read at my own pace. 

Its a torture reading the google translated version and I am going bonkers trying to understand the head from the tail. 

But I will let myself go through this torture because at this point you serve me anything with MA in it, I will gladly accept it albeit the whole fanfic makes sense or not !!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, justamom said:

Of all the wonderful scenes in My Ahjussi, this was one of my favourite. In many ways, I feel this was the real farewell between Dong Hoon and Ji An.

They meet at their date spot, and chat about the chairman. Roaming camera shot from the outside. Then we get a close up of Ji An. The revelation that's about to shake Dong Hoon's world.

"I'm going to Pusan."

The camera backs away, leaving Dong Hoon and Ji An some privacy. 

Dong Hoon: "Why do you have to go that far?"

And because Soompi doesn't allow more than three photos I decided to post directly on Give Me Slippers. So you'll have to click here to read the rest of my post...LOL

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/07/05/you-who-saved-me-ji-ans-real-farewell/

Wow, this is so wonderfully analyzed. I feel like facial expressions and body language say a lot more than words do here in this scene.  And if you don't pay close attention and only want to hear words, then you will miss what's between the lines.  This reminds me of a quote someone left for one of the TVN clips on Youtube:

Unless you're a strict literalist who refuses to read between the lines and chooses to ignore all the signs and clues given throughout the drama, you can envision what will happen next between Dong-hoon and Ji-an.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

But @t123han, we have proofs from TVN directly that the way DH looked at JA was completely not LSK's own decision/mis-acting, he was most definitely directed to do so.  Not even in secret.  These are official pictures:

Love those pictures!

The way he's looking at her...

Borrowing LSK's own words from the interview:

(thanks @justamom for the translation)

What kind of director is PD Kim Won Suk?

LSG: If you were to sum up Kim Won Suk in one word, it's "conductor." I've worked with many directors to date, but PD Kim is the kind of director who, from what you hear on set to the entire atmosphere you see, he is someone with the superior ability to oversee every detail. He also has great acting skills (laughs). He even goes to the extent of monitoring really tiny details like the timing of your lines, truly a "conductor" who creates a great environment for actors to work in and makes everything on set go smoothly.

So, nothing in the drama happened without the director's knowledge and guidance.

PD Kim Won Suk is PDHxLJA biggest shipper :wub:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, justamom said:

Dong Hoon's special smiles for Ji An

I believe we only saw each of these smiles once in the entire drama. Blink and you'll miss it - it's only 1-2 seconds, but it gives us a glimpse into his affection for her.

And they said there was no loveline??

@h2ogirl gifs please :D 

They're literally 0.4 seconds long lol. This guy, Park Dong Hoon!!!

Dong Hoon's tongue in cheek smile, episode 16 as he tells her the credit goes to Sang Hoon, not him

4SI49jx.gif

The camera pans to Ji An's side profile, to show Dong Hoon catching a glimpse of her. And he's so happy to see her he smiles to himself, a smile he can't control, a smile showing his true feelings towards her.

tlRnThf.gif

(Made that one big to be used a future Featured pic, hehe.)

Making GIFs for the farewell post too, if that's what you'd prefer. ;) 

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

And I am totally stealing this from tumblr:

ahnyonagijibae:

He’s definitely NOT checking her out

JEEZ STOP PARK DONG HOON YOU SNEAKY BASTARD

(via eatalottransferstudent)

HAHA. My sister (who only watched MA once :wacko:) had the same interpretation too. But having rewatched MA at least 3 times, and knowing PDH fairly well, he was just taking a look at her office ID. He is a reaaally decent guy. But not a saint devoid of desires, as the platonic-loveliners make him out to be. :rolleyes: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

They're literally 0.4 seconds long lol. This guy, Park Dong Hoon!!!

Dong Hoon's tongue in cheek smile, episode 16 as he tells her the credit goes to Sang Hoon, not him

The camera pans to Ji An's side profile, to show Dong Hoon catching a glimpse of her. And he's so happy to see her he smiles to himself, a smile he can't control, a smile showing his true feelings towards her.

(Made that one big to be used a future Featured pic, hehe.)

Making GIFs for the farewell post too, if that's what you'd prefer. ;) 

HAHA. My sister (who only watched MA once :wacko:) had the same interpretation too. But having rewatched MA at least 3 times, and knowing PDH fairly well, he was just taking a look at her office ID. He is a reaaally decent guy. But not a saint devoid of desires, as the platonic-loveliners make him out to be. :rolleyes: 

@h2ogirl thank you, thank you! I love love love those smiles

0.4 seconds, only for her

not a forced smile for others, like with his brothers at the bar,

but a smile for himself

he was never ambiguous about his feelings for her

I keep thinking of my tutor's interpretation now, that he was deeply tormented by his desire to be with her, knowing at the same time that it was impossible, and how much suffering that must have caused him

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

On 7/5/2018 at 12:52 AM, justamom said:

No no. That’s supposed to happen after they kiss. Remember? :lol:

Hahah. When I saw the photo, I immediately saw Dong-hoon and Ji-an, NOT LSG and LJE. 

I imagine DH would totally wear this kinda outfit come summer, and JA would totally wear this kinda outfit after the time jump.

And LOOK, LOOOKKKKKKKKKKKK at how they're staring at each other. 

OMG MY HEART. I DIE. 

*Side note: Watching WWWSK, and the couple from Because This Is My First Life made a cameo, as husband and wife. I can only hope LSG & LJE will be invited to make an appearance on another show as a couple :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

A couple of thoughts on re-watching Episode 16.

1) Dong Hoon waits at Omma's place for Yoon Hee and Ji An to finish their interviews at the police station.

Sang Hoon asks, what are you waiting for?

"Chib-saram" (my wife)

"Why?"

The subtext: what, or who he's really waiting for is Ji An. But he can't say that, obviously, so he says, my wife. Is he waiting for his wife? No, he's waiting to find out the outcome of the investigation and if Ji An will be okay.

2) Dong Hoon and Ji An sitting on the steps of the funeral parlour. She thanks him.

"It wasn't me, it was my older brother."

But that moment when Sang Hoon's face crumples up in the lonely funeral parlour, is it purely because he pities this poor girl whom he has no connection with? NO! It's because this young girl, who has been so important in his brother's life, the girl who kept his brother alive - is not even able to hold a proper funeral. And so this funeral is Sang Hoon thanking Ji An, for everything she has done for Dong Hoon.

3) Funeral parlour. Yoon Hee and Ki Beom say goodbye, Dong Hoon sends them off with a bow-->thank you for coming to my concubine's grandma's funeral :ph34r: I mean, aren't the husband and wife supposed to attend funerals and weddings together? That's what your spouse is for...and the fact that he is sending her off, as the chief mourner at the funeral of someone who is not family--but more important than family

@ccl82 I'm with you. I know @mushroomsoupie and @sadiesmith thought he looked like a slob but really I thought that was his ahjussi get up and that was the new Ji An post time lapse...hmm that gives me some ideas lol

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

Side note: Watching WWWSK, and the couple from Because This Is My First Life made a cameo, as husband and wife. I can only hope LSG & LJE will be invited to make an appearance on another show as a couple :)

How are you finding it? I tried watching it but it really just felt sooo cliche and boring. Seemed like a great cast but no substance on the plot. Ive read comments about it too so I think its a no go for me at the moment. The plot seems to be the usual trope too. Im trying to watch Oh Jak Doo at the moment but MA is so hard to move on from lol

• Like 5

4 hours ago, justamom said:

@ccl82 I'm with you. I know @mushroomsoupie and @sadiesmith thought he looked like a slob but really I thought that was his ahjussi get up and that was the new Ji An post time lapse...hmm that gives me some ideas lol

Yes, yes, why did they have to age him up when they could have presented him in something like this: <_<

Spoiler

2_zps0757c342.jpg~original

3_zpsdafa25a9.jpg~original

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, yes, why did they have to age him up when they could have presented him in something like this: <_<

Hide contents

.... and my ovaries  just exploded !!!!!

i can’t hadle so much of sexiness from our beloved ajhussi !! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • LOL 6

11 hours ago, ann04 said:

How are you finding it? I tried watching it but it really just felt sooo cliche and boring. Seemed like a great cast but no substance on the plot. Ive read comments about it too so I think its a no go for me at the moment. The plot seems to be the usual trope too. Im trying to watch Oh Jak Doo at the moment but MA is so hard to move on from lol

I'm watching it just for the sake of watching a new Kdrama on TV. I like PSJ, but I agree it's the usual stuff. Guy pulls girl's arm, girl fall into guy's lap, awkward kiss... Most of the time, I'm really just watching WWWSK while surfing the net, cooking etc.

11 hours ago, justamom said:

Reveal hidden contents

2_zps0757c342.jpg~original

3_zpsdafa25a9.jpg~original

Definitely ahjussi get-up. LSG's  and LJE's own style are quite different. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1