Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

5 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Wow! That is fandom at a different level. The site looks great btw.

@Kimchi Sweet Potato, nice to see you drop by.  I've been thinking about how to feature your many FMVs on the fan page.  Any good idea other than to list them all chronologically?  Feel free to share via PM.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, sadiesmith said:
On 6/20/2018 at 6:57 PM, riazni said:

I noted that the scene of her looking at his ‘driving profile’, is actually given a reciprocated scene with DH looking at ‘running profile of JA’, when she’s running ahead of him to the bus after the funeral, with that song ‘reflection of my heart’ as the bgm, that scene is just beautifuulll *love* and further strengthened with DH looking at JA in the bus with lots of feelingggs (excuse my shippy heart, haha..).

@h2ogirlcan I submit a gif request of the two scenes juxtaposed against each other as described by the bolded words above?

Here you go, Ma'am. ^_^

- You seem different sexy when you drive.

- Yeah. I am different sexy.

Jqjnfwu.gif

It's okay if I stare at you behind everyone's back.

uZK4rin.gif

Uh oh. Got caught by Ki Hoon-ah.

GVw10bD.gif

---

Why haven't we shared @Kimchi Sweet Potato's MV's on the fan site already?! I'm your fan too, seonsaeng-nim. 

@noor1 Missed you and your amusing pessimism on the forum! :wink:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

You guys!!!!  I just checked out the fansite and it's so well-made!  Chock-full of snapshots and snippets and every little thing that our admins can possibly find about this beautiful drama.  I hope the director,  writer,  the whole cast get to see this site. I'm sure they would be happy to know that their hard work has paid off brilliantly.  :)

Now,  about that running scene after her grandmother's funeral... I have a couple of thoughts about that but I'll put them all together first in my head. Hahaha. :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Here you go, Ma'am. ^_^

@noor1 Missed you and your amusing pessimism on the forum! :wink:

@h2ogirl, thank you for the gifs.  Ahjussi certainly looks dashing running in that black funeral suit of his.  You should collect all the Ahjussi running gifts and create a set just for that.  Let's see, other than the one where he made a mad dash to catch a taxi, there is the one where he runs to catch the bus after putting grandma in her new place, 

the one where he and the gang run to catch the last subway, and some from the soccer games.

So I am not the only one missing @noor1:)

14 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

You guys!!!!  I just checked out the fansite and it's so well-made!  Chock-full of snapshots and snippets and every little thing that our admins can possibly find about this beautiful drama.  I hope the director,  writer,  the whole cast get to see this site. I'm sure they would be happy to know that their hard work has paid off brilliantly.  :)

Now,  about that running scene after her grandmother's funeral... I have a couple of thoughts about that but I'll put them all together first in my head. Hahaha. :D

Thank you.  And the site is not even close to finish.  There are so many good things yet to post.

• Like 8

Hey guys! I'm doing a very sporadic and very random re-watch on my own (cause real life is killing me, I've found myself saying "Fighting!" to keep myself motivated).

But I had to share these screenshots with you guys.

Spoiler

Our boy Park Dong Hoon looked so cute in this scene! And yes all of these screenshots from the same scene are extremely necessary.

vlcsnap-00289.png

vlcsnap-00290.png

vlcsnap-00293.png

vlcsnap-00294.png

vlcsnap-00295.png

Bonus! (This is from episode 4)

vlcsnap-00287.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

On 5/10/2018 at 2:21 AM, ccl82 said:

Oh also! Notice how DH has turned on his own words, at least twice in this episode?

"Whatever I hear about you, I'll pretend I didn't hear it."

But he didn't pretend - in fact he wanted to go up to Yoon when he picked on her in front of everyone. And at the interview too, he addressed the 'issue'. 

I'm doing my homework for the fan site, haha... and came across this gem. This is regarding ep 13.

Makes me wonder... When does DH pretend not to hear something (ignore), and when does he go against this (confront)?
(YH's affair versus Sang Hoon's humiliation and Ji An's... everything)

Also, can someone analyze this: When exactly is it no big deal for Dong Hoon?

---

@arctichare Was Ahjussi always that handsome? ♡_♡

• Like 9

20 hours ago, arctichare said:

Hey guys! I'm doing a very sporadic and very random re-watch on my own (cause real life is killing me, I've found myself saying "Fighting!" to keep myself motivated).

But I had to share these screenshots with you guys.  

(deleted before the mods come after me)

Buahahahaha... @arctichare!!!!  Here, let me help you out with some context, dear.  And fighting on your real life!!

Courtesy of parkdonghoons at tumblr: http://parkdonghoons.tumblr.com/post/175048936232/parkdonghoons-his-gf-his-gf-lee-ji-an-he

tumblr_p8zucpItmp1qcn1apo6_500.png

Spoiler

tumblr_p8zucpItmp1qcn1apo5_500.pngtumblr_p8zucpItmp1qcn1apo1_500.pngtumblr_p8zucpItmp1qcn1apo2_500.pngtumblr_p8zucpItmp1qcn1apo3_500.pngtumblr_p8zucpItmp1qcn1apo4_500.png

And who is better at interpreting this highly meaningful smile if not @Alex Dooley, the tumblr blogger, herself:

"HIS GF. HIS GF LEE JI AN. HE CANNOT CONTROL HIMSELF THE BIG F***ING IDIOT"

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3

Hi!

A few days ago my computer logged me out from here. I thought: Good, if I can't logged myself out, the gods of work did that for me lol. 

But, after lurking through My Ahjussi Fan Site, I can't help but come here to congratulate everyone who helped to make this amazing site. Thank you!

Now, I will log out for sure. But will still follow you here and at the Fan Site. Bye

P.S.: Two things about DH and car - I think that at episode 3 or 4 DH said that he didn't have a car (when he answered a ["fake"] phone call from KB). I think that this add to the insights that you are making here about this issue.

Second, the Family's Honor Drama has is a similar situation where the girl (regularly) sits back while the guy drives. This couple (my favourite) has a age gap and the guy is in a divorce process. They share something with DH-JA couple, in the sense that the girl falls first and acknowledge this easily; the guy thinks he is in a friendship relationship and doens't want to be/know he is in love (the development is different though). But, the fact is that she sits back and then, I thought it was because he was still married/ fresh divorced and she was younger; so it was to avoid people gossip and to keep a respectful distance. Nonetheless, their conversation during those drives where the moment when they talked and shared ideas and feelings. In other words: they were occasions for fall in love with each other. ;) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I watched My Mister religiously while it was airing.. and even though it's been over a month since the last episode :tears: I think about it everytime i see the actors/actresses in other places.  

That being said.. I'm happy I found this thread filled with so much content to a drama I enjoyed watching!!  Thanks to everyone that made, and are continuing to make, this a fantastic thread!!  TY!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, berny said:

Hi,

Regarding this GIF... i can't seem to remember from which episode?? and why was JiAn so angry at him here??

:wacko:

Because he came to know that jian stole the money and had not spoken to her the whole episode . Initially he had intention of ignoring her like he did whole day , but I think he changed his mind last minute when she passed by him. DH is fool like that .. his heart cannot not ignore jian when she is near him :)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2018 at 2:48 AM, rellea said:

I felt like she didn't call because she was afraid that if she heard his voice, she would miss him too much to go on and wouldn't be able to stop herself from running over to him. For all she knew, he was still living happily with his wife and didn't have room in his finally peaceful life for her to return with all her unrequited feelings. She moved so far away partly to get over him, after all. That she hadn't called him is just proof that she wasn't able to do that yet.

In the last scene,  Donghoon was insanely happy to see her again and to see that she was doing well, but he looked a little sad too. Maybe he was a little lonely because he wasn't the only thing in her big, round eyes anymore. The girl who said she only began to live after she met him has a life and friends outside of him now.

On the other hand, Jian seemed a little overwhelmed that the man she loved and that she had missed for so long suddenly appeared before her again. She looked happy to see him but really nervous too. Like she wasn't sure where she stood with him anymore. When they stood there and gazed at each other for a while and then DH asked to shake her hand, I think she got the courage to ask for more. And DH smiled so hard. He was so happy. Oh, my heart.

I loved that Donghoon didn't tell her to go join her coworkers. He was always saying "가" ("Go.") or "간다" ("I'm going.") and that was how they always parted ways. I was expecting him to tell her to go in this scene too, but instead, to keep her with him longer, he asks for a handshake, and hangs on for dear life until she promises to call him. Look how hard he was holding onto her poor, tiny fingers!

I've never seen DH as honest about his feelings as in this one scene. They both met each other again, this time as happy, well-adjusted people. Maybe this is finally the right time for them to work. What a fantastic way to end the series.

I thought I would have my life back once the drama was over, but I'm still as hung up on it as ever. Time to rewatch the whole thing over and re-experience the feels and sads! Fingers crossed for a bunch of behind the scenes and Q&A footage!!

I am wondering how on earth did I even miss this even after watching this scene countless times.

This is why I need the Blu Ray!!!

I was wondering why the skin tone on her hand was so uneven, if the make up artist did a bad job....and then, oh my god!!!!!  

-sorry for being so clueless-

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

In DH world that imprint on her hand is equilent to a kiss. 

And he held it for as long as he could . The director teased us with that  otherwise why will they even show such a scene!!! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, t123han said:

Because he came to know that jian stole the money and had not spoken to her the whole episode . Initially he had intention of ignoring her like he did whole day , but I think he changed his mind last minute when she passed by him. DH is fool like that .. his heart cannot not ignore jian when she is near him :)

This was after the loan sharks called him about the stolen money (certificates) that was brought to them??  i seem to have memory gap on this part of that episode :P

• Like 3

Someone highlighted that we have recently only been talking about PDH here.. of course .. because at least for me I get butterflies when I see him on screen. So much so that I am on a mission to watch all his work.

Anyway back to rewatching session of already rewatched episodes. Here is a small observation from ep 9 when elder brother imagines funeral scene and yoora comes in.

We have been hinted from beginning that DH very shy and doesn’t dare speak to ladies. It was so much more evident with how he interacted with yoora 

Yoora : I haven’t seen you before.

DH : ignores her and walks in the bar 

Yoora : they say the middle child is always the most naughty

DH: not listening at all .. doesn’t even bother to respond 

Yoora : congratulations ( on being told he is directorial candidate) 

DH: royal ignore and asks his friend if he decided to open snack food store 

And what does he do when he is jian vicinity in ep 1 

The first time he spots her in train .. he squints his eyes and tries to look hard to make sure it’s the girl from his office .

As they come out of station , he gives a second look in her direction where she disappears into crowd of people. He takes two steps and turns back and tries to look at her again.. this right there ... he was intrigued by her from beginning.

In office he tries to make small talk by asking her what the worst thing she has killed . 

She asks him to buy food and alcohol even without having any prior interaction . Agreed that he might have went with her because he was flustered with bribe money he got but still he could have refused her.

And don’t get me started on how many times  her ankles without socks came to his notice.

It dint seem much when we were watching in real time . But now knowing what kind of person DH is , him initiating talks first is bit unusual.

He must have on sub conscious level wanted to know about her and unravel the mystery that is jian.

Oh park Dong Hoon, you dint  stand a chance from the beginning .. if only he knew she would be his lifeline down the line !!!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I wanted to say to @africandramalover that your research into 'El Condor Pasa' was top-notch. Way to see the little details then look into them more deeply!

I finally had the courage/time to watch eps. 11-13 and I found some details that might be interesting. No research done just observations.

The scene with the coffee and tea that YH and DH are drinking as shown by @h2ogirl. The table has a herringbone or cross-hatch pattern. It could have been blank with no design, or it could have been straight boards which would have shown a separation between YH and DH but the boards are 'broken' in opposite diagonal patterns. Another sign that the marriage is broken and divorce is next?

KH really is a someone who speaks or acts for DH before DH really realizes what he needs to say or do. For example, KH wants to beat up the guy YH is cheating with then later DH does beat up JY in the parking lot. KH wants DH to grieve and cry and later DH does have a big cry. KH tell DH to say thank you to JA in response to her text. DH later at the janitor's room, hospital and restaurant says a more heartfelt thank you and basically confesses his feelings for her.

At the end of ep. 12 beginning of ep. 13 the scene where JA and DH are sitting together in their restaurant. If you look at the beer bottles they are very close together, almost touching. DH and JA can't physically touch yet but by extension (just like when SH says his van feels better parked next to a 'pretty' car) the bottles being together signal DH's and JA's feelings and closeness. Then I think the next scene is where DH says he had dinner with a 'friend' then YH and DH sit down for coffee and tea (JA and DH drink the same beverage, beer). The cups are separated, the drinks are different and the table pattern I mentioned before shows the broken marriage.

@h2ogirl gif request! Can you do one where JA gives a little look of 'yeah right' after DH's co-worker says "I like Lee Ji-an'" to Director Yoon. It was like JA saying "would I really like anyone besides DH"!

Also, does anyone have the skills/know-how to string together scenes of all the subway train rides of DH and JA. Then all the restaurant eating/drinking scenes of DH and JA. I really don't want to ask @Kimchi Sweet Potato because I already made a request before without realizing that the 'Forest' MV was supposed to be our final goodbye video (I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was the last one). But maybe someone else can?

I have no skills (although I can teach DH how to drive in reverse to further impress JA. Somehow in the US it doesn't impress women the way it seems to in Korean dramas). But I am willing to help out with the MA slippers fansite. Don't know how I can help but let me know what I can do. The least I can do is cheer you guys on from the sidelines!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@dramaninja's reaction to Ep 14 is all of us (shippers) after every DH-JA scene: :P

esszpip.gif

@popai5 JA is like :rolleyes:

4IjgEkW.gif

6 hours ago, t123han said:

We have been hinted from beginning that DH very shy and doesn’t dare speak to ladies.

Exactly. That's why

• him spending every night (ooh-la-la ~) with JA
  • him sharing his ultra-reserved mind with her (the only one besides Sang Won)
  • him looking everywhere for a temp after she disappears (temps are supposed to be temporary workers, dude), and
  • Mr. Ultra Reserved going as far as to ask JA to wiretap him are a big deal.

aQkTw9E.gif

Edit: Him asking "Why aren't you listening, huh?" = "Listen to me!" @sadiesmith

That's my interpretation. I'd initially captioned this Wiretap me all you want.

Clearly, he's not bothered by the idea of JA wiretapping him (by this point).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

@dramaninja's reaction to Ep 14 is all of us after every DH-JA scene: :P

@popai5 JA is like :rolleyes:

Exactly. That's why

• him spending every night (ooh-la-la ~) with JA
  • him sharing his ultra-reserved mind with her (the only one besides Sang Won)
  • him looking everywhere for a temp after she disappears (temps are supposed to be temporary workers, dude), and
  • Mr. Ultra Reserved going as far as to ask JA to wiretap him are a big deal.

Wait, did I miss something?  When did he ask JA to wiretap him?

Edited to add: Oh, I see.  Didn't see the gif below the text before.  Your caption is perfect.  You should post that on the fan site.

And @justamom, I noticed your reaction?  Didn't expect to "see" you here at this hour.  LOL.  Hope it means you've been up writing another chapter for your fanfic Contact.  If anyone here has not got a chance to read the last posted chapter, you're missing out on some very good things.  :love:  

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14713524/chapters/34004451

• Like 4
  • LOL 3