Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

12 hours ago, africandramalover said:

check put this post on Tumblr. How the Russian naysayers were converted to hard-core My Ahjussi lovers.

I got curious and checked the Russian site for the comments. On the last episode's comment section everyone is saying that it was a new begging for DH and JA and that the writer wouldn't bring JA back to Seoul for nothing.

btw here's a comment that made me laugh: "JA's love turned DH from a frightened cat into a lion. But some brainwashed people still insist that all they had was friendship". 

P.S. might translate some comments later, if any of you are intereseted

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

@africandramalover Thank you so much for the link to this blog! I got to stumble upon this awesome gif montage ever made, on the lyrics from 'What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get? by snow patrol. 

https://anditendshowyoudexpect.tumblr.com/post/174380799576/what-if-this-is-all-the-love-you-ever-get-youd#notes

Go visit the link to see the awesome thing. 

A screenshot for a quick look.

bqXOslh.jpg

7NF7b3H.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anipanch said:

I got curious and checked the Russian site for the comments. On the last episode's comment section everyone is saying that it was a new begging for DH and JA and that the writer wouldn't bring JA back to Seoul for nothing.

btw here's a comment that made me laugh: "JA's love turned DH from a frightened cat into a lion. But some brainwashed people still insist that all they had was friendship". 

@anipanch  Lion?  Engineer Dong Hoon is more like a cautious turtle....one step at a time just like a timid baby.

He first learn how to eat (with a woman)...choke on beer (with a woman)… That only took a few months....

Then years later he learn how to shake hand and smile with a woman!  That for him is  a huge step!...a huge beginning as you said!  All for the sake of....."friendship".

Russians speak Korean too?

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

12 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

Russians speak Korean too?

not really :D they watch with subs, like the majority of international fans

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, mushroomsoupie said:

IU is truly an amazing singer songwriter. She wrote the most beautiful and poetic lyrics. She must've read a lot of books.. Since IU wrote this song using the perspective of Ji An, this song is probably about her grandma's infatuation with the moon, but it's interesting how by looking at the lyrics, Dong Hoon is the first person that comes to my mind instead. (It doesn't help too that Dong Hoon rhymes with Moon lol)

The way i interpret it, the first verse is JA talking to DH, and the second verse is DH talking to JA, and the 3rd verse is JA's afterthought...

1st verse (JA -> DH)

Dear moon my moon
Why can’t I get closer to you?
Though I trail behind you with quick steps
You’re like the moon that I can’t reach

Oh moon like moon
Why is it that you don’t disappear?
Though I try to turn around and run away
You’re like the moon that follows me

You

Could it be fate?
The moment our eyes met
I thought I heard you talk to me
with your low voice

I replied you

A hesitant answer
Vaguely over there where you are
I said I think I understand why now

2nd verse (DH -> JA)
Oh moon
My moon

It’s not like I don’t want to hug you
But I know you’re much too large for me
to hold in my arms

Oh moon
My moon

It’s not like I don’t want to have you
But it’s because you’re so dazzling to me
And I am such a dark night

Could it be fate?
On your pale face
I think I saw a shadowy smudge
that doesn’t suit you
Waving my hands at you
Signalling you to come over
I said there’s a loner here
who’s very much like you

that won’t disappear

3rd verse (JA)
My only moon
Just as it’s unreachable
Deep into the night
The silence of the white moonlight
I’ll stay awake tonight as well

translated by iuteamstarcandy

----------------

This is just so sad.... And now I'M CRYING AGAIN. Their relationship is just so bittersweet.

Thanks much for this. I am beginning to think that despite watching MA twice and poring over each and every little scene, I somehow missed some nuances of MA because I dont know korean. This is actually the first time I used google translate so much just to understand some key words like "wife" or "home person". Made we wish I can understand and read Korean. I might have bawled my heart out crying even more if I know the lyrics of the songs. As it is, I feel the longing in the songs just based on the melody. I cant play them on youtube because they seem so sad. Thats how good they were, they transcended language barrier. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 10

I happened upon clips of an old LSK comedy film called “Petty Romance”.  I didn’t watch the whole thing but the clips of him made me laugh coz his character and acting there is soooo different from MA.  He looked batshit insane in that movie.  Makes me wonder how an actual rom-com with him and LJE would be like.  He’s so versatile. :)

Anyhoo, I’m still watching bits and pieces of MA on YT and so many scenes still get to me. This is really the kind of drama that needs re-watching because it’s so complex and the characters are multi-layered.  And the fact that the director and writer didn’t spoonfeed us with information allows us to dissect and break down each scene and every word and find something we didn’t see before. 

I cannot thank enough the whole team that brought this gem to us.  And of course to LSK and LJE and all the other actors who brought all the characters to life.  I hope you guys work together again in the future. :)

• Like 17

4 hours ago, anipanch said:

@anipanch, LOL at the brainwashed comment, but they were not wrong.  Many many viewers have indeed been brainwashed by "this is not a romance drama", which mutated into "there is no love line."  And yes, please translate away.

12 minutes ago, kdramafanlsk said:

Thanks much for this. I am beginning to think that despite watching MA twice and poring over each and every little scene, I somehow missed some nuances of MA because I dont know korean. This is actually the first time I used google translate so much just to understand some key words like "wife" or "home person". Made we wish I can understand and read Korean. I might have bawled my heart out crying even more if I know the lyrics of the songs. As it is, I feel the longing in the songs just based on the melody. I cant play them on youtube because they seem so sad. Thats how good they were, they transcended language barrier. 

This is why I am still sad that VIKI did not get the license because they translate lyrics of OST.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

This is why I am still sad that VIKI did not get the license because they translate lyrics of OST.

I hope Netflix buys this drama sometime in future. At least they have paid subbers and better ones than dramafever, so the original message won't be lost in the transition. 

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

@anipanch, LOL at the brainwashed comment, but they were not wrong.  Many many viewers have indeed been brainwashed by "this is not a romance drama", which mutated into "there is no love line."  And yes, please translate away.

And seriously, the translation of last scene was an epic fail. :lol: I wish I could sue for the emotional distress I felt when I read reference to "wife" in that scene in coffee shop. :lol::lol::lol:that alone brought me to soompi :lol: i was so glad someone explained the change in terminologies used to refer to YH. 

If tvn will correct the subs in their release, it will be another reason to buy it despite the cost. I am just wondering if an english version of the script is too farfetched to hope for? Id really love to get hold of the script or even just the sequence treatment with director/writer's notes on how to execute the scene (but I can only read it if it is translated to english).

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

@justamom    _mymister. I dunno if this is the legit account, but the Director's Cut Blu-ray is the only thing they promote. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, chickfactor said:

답을 한다

망설이던 대답
아스라이 거기 너를

왜인지 난, 다 알 것 같다고

I replied you

A hesitant answer

--

I don't think this part is translated properly.

I answered you

A hesitant answer

dimly, over there, you

Somehow, I think I understand everything (about you)

The bolded part definitely sounds like it could be about DH!

Thanks for this @mushroomsoupie , it really sounds like she's singing a love song to DH.

And it makes sense. In a lot of ways, the moonlight sojourn was when their relationship began, or took a significant turn. And all their nighttime walks together is when their relationship really blossomed.

--

@justamom -

"This for me was Dong Hoon's confession. What he's really saying: why are you going so far = Don't go so far = stay near me"

I absolutely agree. This is why I think the "buy me new slippers" dialogue was also him confessing to her. He is saying very clearly, "I want you to remain a part of my life." That's just the kind of person he is. He's oblique, but he's also very clear about what he wants.

--

The drawbacks of watching a great show is that it's hard to move on, and it's hard to find something new. This darn show has really has ruined me.

Is anyone watching anything good? I'm trying, but...

Reveal hidden contents

- Greasy Melo - Too silly to take seriously, and I can't get invested in any of the characters. I have it on in the background when I'm cleaning or something. It has bright colors, snappy background music, and when I stop every 15 minutes or so to see the screen, someone's doing something wacky.

- Miss Hamurabi - It's oookay. It's about social justice and fighting for those who have no power. An after-school special, except about judges. I like all the main actors, but it's not a must-watch. I'll probably finish it, but I'm in no rush.

- Bap-Noona - I watched the 1st 4 episodes or so, and I liked it. But then I read some reviews that the second half is terrible? So... pass.

This is from the Dramabeans recap of the final episodes:

COMMENTS

You know what? I’m so relieved this show is over right now. That unnecessarily bloated, navel-gazing finale was just exhausting, and directorially self-indulgent to the point that I’ve decided never to watch another Ahn Pan-seok drama.

Yikes.

- Come and Hug Me - Starring the actor who played Kwang-Il! And Jae-Chul is also in it!

This one is actually pretty good, it's the best thing I'm watching right now. Normally I avoid shows like this, about serial killers - I just don't love this genre that much. But the storyline is interesting enough and the actors are all doing great.

That's about it. Anyone watching anything good?

I followed sadiesmith's advice and watched "my wife is having an affair this week". I had to get past first few episodes because I felt bad for LSK's character but I eventually liked it. It was the catharsis I needed after watching MA. The subplots of supporting characters are funny too. But I couldnt start any new drama now. So I am trying a reality tvn show with so ji sub and park shin hye called "a little cabin in the forest". It is a huge departure from a drama so I dont have to evaluate it based on MA standards. It may not be for everyone though. I just find myself bursting into laughter in some moments with SJS, he looks so uncomfortable doing reality Tv. I am thinking he is so pensive he is more like DH than LSK! :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Here are some of the comments from Russian viewers: 

Comments from ep 1:
"Boring, gloomy and uninteresting (( I watched 1,5 episodes and regret that I killed time with it"
"I was so bored that it took five days to finish the first episode"
"1.5 hours about nothing. They at least should have inserted some kind of intrigue"
"She killed the ladybug? Are they insane?"
"I fell in love with Lee Ji Ah all over again. Please no romance with IU, let him reconcile with his wife"
"The actors have such big age difference, let's see what will come out of it"

Comments from ep 4
"The actors, especially the leads are performing amazingly!!"
"The brother moments are so full of sincerity, even tho they are idiots, they are still kindhearted"
"Can't argue that the drama is amazing.IU is doing great with her acting, as for LSG you can't help but fll for him"
"I'm watching solely for the male lead's sake, what a man and the voice..."

Ep 8 comments
"The drama makes me want to watch each character's story separately"
"KI's eyes when he realized that JA might like someone else"
"Astonishing drama, been a while since I saw something this good, IU is amazing, everyone is great"

Ep 10 comments
"Already 10th episode and the interest hasn't decreased even a bit!"
"From start it didn't interest me, but now I'm so hooked, I'm getting crazy about this drama"
"You can break up this drama into quotes and write an instruction book about how to survive life"

Ep 11 comments
"I weeped in the end"
"It's clear that JA loves DH but I'm not so sure in his feelings"
"It's been a while seems a worried so much for fictional characters"
"When I watch this drama, my heart clenches from pain. When he said, to buy him new slippers, can't even describe what I felt, happiness and relief"

Ep 12 comments
"How could JA not fall in love with DH - this girl with broken heart and injured soul. She probably haven't felt so much understanding and compassion for her whole life that DH gave her in one day"
"Mixed feelings. But I see more paternal love"
"What fatherly feelings are some of you talking about. At the end of the series she is looking at him with so much admiration. And DH like a satisfied cat is relishing in her feelings. I still can't understand his feelings, but JA is definitely head over heels in love"
"From my point, the love is there but their history is like an anecdote about two decent people who will endlessly give each other space and compete in nobility. It's hard for DH to give himself a right to love again in such age. And for JA, it seems to be unreal to become normal again after such dead life."

Ep 14 comments 
"this is not a drama, but a sort of marble block created with dignity by Michelangelo."
"This episode is by far my most favorite. All the feelings are there, I got unreal experience from watching it and envy everyone who has yet to discover My mister"
"I'm amazed. How can you shoot like this? Act like this? The drama is incredibly rich"

Ep 16 comments
"This is the best thing I have ever watch in my entire life! A masterpiece with capital letters! A big respect to the writer, director and the actors! As for IU, she just grew in my eyes as an actress so much"
"Best drama I have ever watched, I have no words. A celebration of kindness."
"Love exists in different forms. Here's an unrequited one but it doesn't matter. Anyone here loved someone so much, that they were content by just seeing their favorite person happy?"
"DH's happy smile makes me smile as well, he is so content that he met such beautiful, confident and well-groomed JA. DH looks at her with so much pride, I'm very satisfied with the ending"

P.S. unfortunately, the Russian subbers also translated "My son's mother" as a "wife" 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

I was watching episode 8, the part where they were celebrating the mother’s birthday, and I found the brief video call with Ji-Seok insightful.

Below is an excerpt of family’s convo with Ji-Seok (after he greets his grandma, said Hi to his mom, and asked his dad about the homework)

Ji-Seok (to Sang-Hoon): Uncle! Don’t be too lonely. I’m sure you’ll find a good woman.

(he soon finds out the aunt is there and so he said sorry)

DH: I heard that you have a girlfriend. Do you like her a lot?

JS: Of course I do.

DH: Oh I see. More than mom?

JS: Come on, Dad.

DH: All right. Is she pretty, or nice? Choose just one. Is she pretty or nice?

JS: She’s nice.

Dong-Hoon: Wow, he must really like her.

JS: What about Mom, then? Is she nice or pretty? Choose just one.

SH: Hey, you have to be sure to choose the correct answer. It’s different when you’re talking to married couples.

JS: Hurry up! Is she nice, or pretty?

DH: Mom (4-second pause)…..is amazing.

SH/KH: Hey come on now, wow. Wow, I can’t believe this.

Sang-Hoon: Yeah, if someone is nice and pretty, then they’re amazing. Yep.

[The next scene immediately after this is when they just finished eating and were about to cut the birthday cake]

My takeaways:

1.       Based from this conversation, I can see that Ji-Seok is a mature kid. He knows the reality that there are couples who separate and that it’s okay to move on and find someone else (based on what he said to his uncle, though it may have been half-jokingly). He also judges and likes people for their personality and not merely for their outward appearance (based on how he described his ‘gf’). I wonder if this conversation is meant to signify that JS would also be cool, in the event that his parents separate, and his Dad finding someone who is not only pretty but also nice, someone who can lift/has lifted DH from his loneliness.

2.       On DH saying that YH is amazing. At this point, he already knows about her affair, so I don’t know which part of YH he still sees as amazing. Since JS also asked him to choose just one, had DH answered ‘pretty’, he risked being perceived as loving her superficially only. If he answered ‘nice’, well just like what DH said to his son, he must still really like YH. Which at that time, even prior to learning about the affair, I don’t think he does. I think ‘amazing’ was a safe answer, and I’m ok with him not offering an explanation about it because I don’t think he even has.

3.       On Sang-Hoon.  SH thinks that DH’s answer ‘amazing’ = ‘pretty and nice’. My answer is no. Because if that’s how DH feels, why didn’t he just say both. Or why didn’t he just answer ‘pretty’, if he’s too shy to admit he really likes his wife by saying ‘nice’. If a couple is truly comfortable with each other, I don’t think a wife would mind hearing the answer ‘pretty’ instead of ‘nice'. She’d be glad her husband still thinks she’s pretty/ appreciate her looks despite being in her 40s, or given the fact that her husband probably gets to interact with much younger and prettier girls at work. I remember DH mom saying, I forgot which ep, that once women reach their 50s, they don’t like looking at themselves in the mirror anymore.       

It sometimes ticks me off whenever Sang-Hoon speaks/decides for DH, and how he always gets it wrong. He told DH to stay at the company for a long time for the sake of their mom’s funeral, not knowing how much unhappiness DH derives from that place. Upon learning about the affair, he told DH to forgive YH, to comfort her, to survive and endure the whole thing, not knowing that DH feels extremely sad about that too. SH even told YH: “The fact that my younger bro didn’t tell anyone about this (affair) and the fact that he was suffering all by himself makes me so sad. But that means that DH loves you that much.” Cue YH and DH in ep 12 flashbacks- YH: “You’re not trying to keep this marriage together because of your love for me. Are you? (coz of mom and JS)” DH: “I don’t want to make you miserable just to make it easier for me. I just don’t how to end this relationship that we’ve maintained for 20 years.”

No wonder (and quite telling) in episode 15, when Sang-Hoon and Ki-Hoon saw JA at JH’s bar and both rushed to call DH, it was KH who got connected to DH first. After all, KH is the one more perceptive of DH’s feelings (as many of you have pointed out already).  

4.       Interestingly, throughout this PRETTY and NICE conversation (from the point DH asked his son if he has a gf, up to the point SH interpreted what DH meant by amazing), we never saw their reaction, all we get to see is Ji-an. As usual, listening on everything that was transpiring, while on her part-time job.

pret1.jpg   pret2.jpg

pret3.jpg  pret4.jpg

pret5.jpg   pret6.jpg

pret7.jpg   pret8.jpg

I don't think it was random, the reason we only see Ji-An, is because as per DH in the prior episodes, who again is both pretty and nice?

[Episode 5]

image.jpg   image.jpg

[Episode 7]

image.jpg  image.jpg

image.jpg

Me: wow, he must really like her. :rolleyes::D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how much I try to move on from this drama, I just can't. I hate to admit it but I don't think I'm suffering from withdrawal, because fact is, I'm still very much addicted to it LOL. :expressionless:

I've finally managed to start another drama (My Horrible Boss a.k.a. Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi), it's light and funny, female lead is strong just like JA, whereas the male lead is uptight and a bit like DH in other aspects. I only started recently and only watch an episode a day. [coz MA still very much owns me XD]    

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

On 6/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, ann04 said:

What do you guys think about Ji-An liking DH? She’s said it a lot in the show, others even said it - Joon Young, Jung Hee, Yoon Hee. Do you think she’s meant it in a platonic way? Like just genuinely liking a person for who they are. 

Although by the end, I think JA’s feelings developed romantically - seeing the way he was looking at DH.

I think she knows what it is to like someone in a non-platonic way. She’s very insightful and intelligent. She saw that KI liked her and that he was torn up about it. She admitted to YH that she was envious and jealous of her. Also, she would wander around at night for just a glimpse of DH and run to him desperately when he just wanted a drink with her.

She definitely started liking him first when he was the first one to move her to tears. When he defended his brother and said if you were to humiliate me in front of my family, I could possibly kill you, she realized, here is someone who might understand my actions, my greatest shame of murdering someone for my family. Then she got teary-eyed again when he said there is someone who understands me and I understand her, and I’m sad that someone understands me. She feels exactly the same way. She had a full-on breakdown when he straight up said he would have murdered him too, that he would murder anyone who hurt his family. Not only does he understand her, he absolved her of all her guilt. He set her spirit free. 

She was willing to risk going to jail for him by erasing the parts of the wiretapping having to do with the affair. She would rather keep running forever or risk jail time just so he could avoid humiliation. She would break herself into pieces to protect him. That is love.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I just finished my rewatch, and... What can I say? This drama is magic.

Anyway... I wonder about the translation of what Ki Hoon starts writing in the last episode: "They are at the Grand Canyon."  What on earth could that mean? I'm sure there must be a mistake. Isn't "Grand Canyon" the nickname of Yoo Ra, a.k.a. Dorky Actress?

OK. Tomorrow, I shall have a look at Yoona's Street...

• Like 8

11 hours ago, anipanch said:

not really :D they watch with subs, like the majority of international fans

@anipanch said not really Russian watch with subs, like the majority of international fans...

Bet it warms those Russian fans up at night too!.... Long winter is in Russia... My Mister is better than Vodka!

Who knows they may start drinking Soju instead!!!

@mushroomsoupie and @kdramafanlsk was talking about moon and hoon rhymes together.  so LJE/LJA song actually said:

1st verse (JA -> DH)

Dear Hoon my moon
Why can’t I get closer to you?
Though I trail behind you with quick steps
You’re like the moon that I can’t reach

Oh moon like Hoon
Why is it that you don’t disappear?
Though I try to turn around and run away
You’re like the moon that follows me

You

Could it be fate?
The moment our eyes met
I thought I heard you talk to me
with your low voice

I replied you

A hesitant answer

2nd verse (DH -> JA)
Oh moon
My moon

It’s not like I don’t want to hug you
But I know you’re much too large for me
to hold in my arms

Oh moon
My moon

It’s not like I don’t want to have you
But it’s because you’re so dazzling to me
And I am such a dark night

Could it be fate?
On your pale face
I think I saw a shadowy smudge
that doesn’t suit you
Waving my hands at you
Signalling you to come over
I said there’s a loner here
who’s very much like you
that won’t disappear

3rd verse (JA)
My only Hoon
Just as it’s unreachable
Deep into the night
The silence of the white moonlight
I’ll stay awake tonight as well

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, kdramafanlsk said:

It is a huge departure from a drama so I dont have to evaluate it based on MA standards

17 hours ago, chickfactor said:

- Bap-Noona - I watched the 1st 4 episodes or so, and I liked it. But then I read some reviews that the second half is terrible? So... pass.

This is from the Dramabeans recap of the final episodes:

COMMENTS

You know what? I’m so relieved this show is over right now. That unnecessarily bloated, navel-gazing finale was just exhausting, and directorially self-indulgent to the point that I’ve decided never to watch another Ahn Pan-seok drama.

Yikes.

- Come and Hug Me - Starring the actor who played Kwang-Il! And Jae-Chul is also in it!

This one is actually pretty good, it's the best thing I'm watching right now. Normally I avoid shows like this, about serial killers - I just don't love this genre that much. But the storyline is interesting enough and the actors are all doing great.

@kdramafanlsk HAHA!  The husband and I have been trying new shows and I keep criticising so much that even he gets turned off. Maybe a variety show would help me snap out of this, because I need to, pronto! I have been neglecting real life for too long!

@chickfactor yes oddly enough Come and Hug Me is the most tempting of the bunch! It's got actors I loved from two of my favourite dramas so far this year, Misty and My Ahjussi! And they are such a gorgeous lead couple.

I tried Children of the Lesser Gods (too much paranormal, not for me), and Suits (OMG such weak characterisation) and couldn't finish the first episodes. I also watched the first four of Bap Noona and couldn't continue which is odd for me because I loved every other one of Ahn Pan Seok's dramas! I am glad he finally found mainstream success, but I really thought his other shows were much better. Is it the show or has Kim Won Suk changed the way I look at dramas, forever and ever?

7 hours ago, anipanch said:

"This is the best thing I have ever watch in my entire life! A masterpiece with capital letters! A big respect to the writer, director and the actors! As for IU, she just grew in my eyes as an actress so much"

@anipanch This is such high praise coming from Russia, which to me is the home of classic modern literature and some of the finest story tellers that have ever lived! Is K drama widely watched there?

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Sakari said:

I just finished my rewatch, and... What can I say? This drama is magic.

Anyway... I wonder about the translation of what Ki Hoon starts writing in the last episode: "They are at the Grand Canyon."  What on earth could that mean? I'm sure there must be a mistake. Isn't "Grand Canyon" the nickname of Yoo Ra, a.k.a. Dorky Actress?

OK. Tomorrow, I shall have a look at Yoona's Street...

@Sakari  great choice is Yoona's street.  very lay back story.  Lots of running too!...although no heavy breathing!  There is even a spider man climbing scene up a 3 story building by a girl with a back pack!  Plus these people like scissors! @h2ogirl

@Sakari also said "My rewatch has progressed to E13. Regarding the oft-quoted OhmyStar article, I strongly disagree about the drama's supposed portrayal of Yoon Hee – Cheating Wife – as supremely bad (and of Dong Hoon, as supremely good.) Even before Dong Hoon learns about the adultery, there is ample evidence of the insensitive way he treats his wife, of how he essentially has given up on the marriage.

I think I have said this before... My explanation for the breakdown of their relationship is the decision to send the son off to school and the resulting emptiness of the "new" family home – which leads to Dong Hoon returning to his "old" home. But I admit, this is never spelled out in the drama. Is it just my non-Korean imagination? Does this point ever come up in the DC Inside discussion? What little Korean I know is not enough to find out for myself...::"

You are referring to the "empty nest syndrome" where middle age couple get divorced when their children move out.... up to then they endure each others for the sake of the children.... then the house is empty and each parent does his/her own thing.

• Like 6