Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Recommended Posts

Oh I asked squishy_blob earlier and she said:

 

“They say if 300 people preorder blu-ray they will add chinese subs”

 

squishy_blob is the kind individual who subbed the latest IU CFs

 

 

Pic credit https://www.instagram.com/prominent_pond/

 

hYeorb0.jpg

Edited by mylovelystar
Removed embeddded twitter and IG
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing those photos makes me happy for LJE.  Having friends among the veteran actors will be very good for her as an artist.  They know her as an actress, not an idol or a singer.  Made me think of the birthday greetings from the cast.  They all called her Ji Eun, not IU. To me, that’s very telling and a positive sign of how they perceive her as a true actress.  :)

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Seeing those photos makes me happy for LJE.  Having friends among the veteran actors will be very good for her as an artist.  They know her as an actress, not an idol or a singer.  Made me think of the birthday greetings from the cast.  They all called her Ji Eun, not IU. To me, that’s very telling and a positive sign of how they perceive her as a true actress.  :)

@akhenaten  LJA now maybe type casted as LJE!  This reader likes LJA much better.... doesn't care if LJA can't sing and seems cold!

 

@sadiesmith said : Thank you for the much anticipated pictures. IU looks so feminine with her hair done like that, but LSK needs to stay home until he grows out his hair. What the heck did he do to it?

 

Maybe Engineer Dong Hoon got head lice!   Too many days as a depressed bachelor... so he is going for the semi Yul Brynner's  Sigorney Weaver's Alien style!..half way between bald and a crewcut

  • Like 2
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Thank you for the much anticipated pictures. IU looks so feminine with her hair done like that, but LSK needs to stay home until he grows out his hair. What the heck did he do to it?

 

 

LOL. ...  i think in that one photo LSK is just wearing his cap backwards.

 

Hahha we're just so used to seeing Engineer DH in suit as compared to this rugged and laid-back look of LSK :tongue:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 5:44 PM, rellea said:

"Did you guys know that an American forum Soompi is translating My Ahjusshi Gallery posts? They say there are a lot of good posts here and sharing links."

 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54103&page=1

 

THE GAME IS UP. EVERYONE, SCATTER!!

 

LOL!! But I guess we should but I cannot keep off Soompi!

 

@justamom , here I was assuming you are American...:tongue: . I visited Singapore almost 5 years to the date and really enjoyed it there.

 

As for the DVDs, they're always super expensive... I want one so bad, but my priority has to be my postgrad!! :(. (Hopefully we can still get the script.)

 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:25 AM, justamom said:

@africandramalover The internet is scary. Guess what advertisement popped up this morning? 

 

https://www.bookdepository.com/Little-Book-Hygge-Meik-Wiking/9780241283912?ref=grid-view

 

I'm very tempted to order!

 

Those Internet bots are pushing purchases on you based on what you're doing on the net!! (Those Russians!!  :ph34r: huhuhuhuhu!!)

 

13 hours ago, popai5 said:

So, now to the off topic part of this post. This is particularly for @justamom and @africandramalover (I know @justamom is checking in but @africandramalover are you still reading?).... if you decide that one of your characters will have an eye problem that will or won't be sight threatening I am offering my knowledge so that you get things right. I'll be your script consultant for all eye related matters.

 

Grrrllll!!! :D I'm still here!! Just reading and absorbing everyones posts as I rewatch the show. I don't have any character suffering from eye issues at the moment, but I will keep you in mind!!

 

I haven't been able to move on from the drama. Even my WhatsApp group have noticed that I am quiet (because I am rewatching the drama). They're discussing other current dramas and I'm in my corner,watching episode 7!!

 

PS> What does Hugye mean in Korean? 

 

In my rewatch, I've also wondered to myself, would I ever date DH? Assuming we were in university together? Would any of you date a DH? 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Thank you for the much anticipated pictures. IU looks so feminine with her hair done like that, but LSK needs to stay home until he grows out his hair. What the heck did he do to it?

 

@sadiesmith  maybe it’s for his role in his new movie.  Or it’s his way of finally shedding off the character of Park Dong Hoon. :)

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Hugye is actually Incheon.

Ji An’s “address” is No. 95 in An Songro, Dong-gu, Incheon (인천 동구 안송로 95번길).

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, fauna said:

It looks like Hugye is actually Incheon.

Ji An’s “address” is No. 95 in An Songro, Dong-gu, Incheon (인천 동구 안송로 95번길).

 

 

I'll bet it is on its way of becoming a destination spot of sort. 

 

44 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

In my rewatch, I've also wondered to myself, would I ever date DH? Assuming we were in university together? Would any of you date a DH? 

 

Smart, quiet, responsible, kind, tall, handsome, athletic, non-flirtateous: I think many girls would want to date him if only as a challenge to get his attention.  Unfortunately, my personality is such that unless a boy gives me attention first, I am not bold enough to make the first move.  So it's not going to happen, but I think I won't mind.  Marrying is another story altogether though.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

 

LOL!! But I guess we should but I cannot keep off Soompi!

 

@justamom , here I was assuming you are American...:tongue: . I visited Singapore almost 5 years to the date and really enjoyed it there.

 

As for the DVDs, they're always super expensive... I want one so bad, but my priority has to be my postgrad!! :(. (Hopefully we can still get the script.)

 

 

Those Internet bots are pushing purchases on you based on what you're doing on the net!! (Those Russians!!  :ph34r: huhuhuhuhu!!)

 

 

Grrrllll!!! :D I'm still here!! Just reading and absorbing everyones posts as I rewatch the show. I don't have any character suffering from eye issues at the moment, but I will keep you in mind!!

 

I haven't been able to move on from the drama. Even my WhatsApp group have noticed that I am quiet (because I am rewatching the drama). They're discussing other current dramas and I'm drawing all sorts of blanks!!

 

PS> What does Hugye mean in Korean? 

 

In my rewatch, I've also wondered to myself, would I ever date DH? Assuming we were in university together? Would any of you date a DH? 

 

 

 

I dont know about DH but I will definitely date LSK. :lol::lol::lol: I get the feeling that DH may be the brooding kind who cant express himself fully, but because we have the same love language (service) I would probably date him and appreciate him better than YH. :wub: and i wont have issue joining him for dinner with his mom and brothers. Id follow him wherever he goes :lol::lol::lol:

  • LOL 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, justamom said:

I don't know how the Korean fans do it...night after night of superb analysis and profound essays on the show! I found this gem tonight

 

It is so long I won't even attempt to translate it but maybe @rellea or @chickfactor can help summarise because some of it is beyond me!

 

"So we say Park Dong Hoon likes Lee Ji An"

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54343&page=1

 

Some of the things mentioned:

- Yeon Hee's shame and realisation that Ji An and her cannot share Park Dong Hoon

- The scene of Dong Hoon dropping Ji An off with his wife at the police station. For him, he's avoiding his feelings for Ji An by "dumping" her with his wife. But look at how the camera pans out to show him watching Ji An as she goes in, and the troubled expression on his face --> anyone have a gif for this?

- Rebuts the essay that @sadiesmith shared earlier about Dong Hoon crying over Ji An's absence. No, he was crying about how pathetic his life is (what I said!!)

- So we say Park Dong Hoon likes Lee Ji An. How about the opposite case? It's way too easy to argue. There's not even any point to arguing. Because Park Dong Hoon is the kind of man who will never say "I like you" even till the very end. He can't say it, to the extent that (hearing it) made him hit someone in the back of the head.

 

 

 

I will PM you! @h2ogirl has also offered her help and I will be quite busy from next week onwards so your offer is much appreciated! I actually just activated a wordpress and Gmail account so let's take this forward! @sadiesmith I am assuming you are in. Will need ideas on 

- how to organise content @tiger457_stv any ideas for a content tree? 

- help pick and select the best posts

- design and wordpress formatting help

 

I also just saw a post on DC Inside that the pre order for the Director's Cut is up till 6th June and -gasp- is likely to include the original script for those who order and pay by then @africandramalover did you hear that?? That alone is worth the price for me....apparently it will also include deleted scenes!

 

Now let me figure out how to order....has anyone done this before??

 

@mylovelystar I can't find the original post on the Director's Cut, can you help?

 

Edit: so I just realized I saw the price wrongly. It’s USD$230. What???? Why is it so expensive??

 

@justamom  the way to organize this is to do like a spread sheath.   we can divide things out into categories:

-walk   -wire tap  -eating -separation vs divorce?  -hand hold -punches -slipper -ladybug -1st goodbye -2nd goodbye -funeral

Then we can divide the task among the bunch of us each taking on 40-50 pages to sort out. categorizing the above with grades from A to E with page number and who's from.    with enough volunteers it won't be hard.  then we just post it here.

 

 

As for the price of this bluray thing.  This reader assumes it is a BluRay?  Is there any specification on it, such as how many minutes, what kind of subtitles (English is necessary)?  Is it internationally rated so can be watched on any bluray? Is it from a REPUTABLE OUTFIT?   Is it from TVN or some bootleg?

Please someone find out what kind of subtitles!  It is very important!

 

If the above are all good.... this reader will consider buying one for  my friends/niece  mujay justamon africandramalover h2o girl (if you can read these language) Akhenaten Kimchi Potato  (if you can read these language) sadiesmith berny chickfactor.  NOTE:  this reader will only buy this if this is a TVN production, not some bootleg stuff because TVN deserves to make a profit by making the greatest Korean drama this reader has ever seen!

 

ps:  remember the saying about something being too good to be true!  we don't want  order some junks!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mylovelystar said:

Oh I asked squishy_blob earlier and she said:

 

“They say if 300 people preorder blu-ray they will add chinese subs”

 

squishy_blob is the kind individual who subbed the latest IU CFs

 

Pic credit https://www.instagram.com/prominent_pond/

Their managers must have gotten burned by criticisms early in the project and are so careful of public opinion, IU and LSK couldnt even have this kind of friendly picture. If they didnt have such a great online chemistry, it would have been so mucj easier to brush off the issue. But, yeah, we all saw, they did. So unlikely we'll see a chummy photo. Let just go back to the fanfics :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

 

@sadiesmith  maybe it’s for his role in his new movie.  Or it’s his way of finally shedding off the character of Park Dong Hoon. :)

Very possibly for both reasons you stated, although he really needn't shed off his character quite so literally. :lol:

  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

@justamom  the way to organize this is to do like a spread sheath.   we can divide things out into categories:

-walk   -wire tap  -eating -separation vs divorce?  -hand hold -punches -slipper -ladybug -1st goodbye -2nd goodbye -funeral

Then we can divide the task among the bunch of us each taking on 40-50 pages to sort out. categorizing the above with grades from A to E with page number and who's from.    with enough volunteers it won't be hard.  then we just post it here.

 

 

As for the price of this bluray thing.  This reader assumes it is a BluRay?  Is there any specification on it, such as how many minutes, what kind of subtitles (English is necessary)?  Is it internationally rated so can be watched on any bluray? Is it from a REPUTABLE OUTFIT?   Is it from TVN or some bootleg?

Please someone find out what kind of subtitles!  It is very important!

 

If the above are all good.... this reader will consider buying one for  my friends/niece  mujay justamon africandramalover h2o girl (if you can read these language) Akhenaten Kimchi Potato  (if you can read these language) sadiesmith berny chickfactor.  NOTE:  this reader will only buy this if this is a TVN production, not some bootleg stuff because TVN deserves to make a profit by making the greatest Korean drama this reader has ever seen!

 

Okay that's it! I'm adding you to the planning group!

 

Thanks for all those detailed questions, very important! And yes, it's from TVN!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kdramafanlsk said:

Their managers must have gotten burned by criticisms early in the project and are so careful of public opinion, IU and LSK couldnt even have this kind of friendly picture. If they didnt have such a great online chemistry, it would have been so mucj easier to brush off the issue. But, yeah, we all saw, they did. So unlikely we'll see a chummy photo. Let just go back to the fanfics :lol:

 

@kdramafanlsk which is something i don’t understand. They were co-actors.  Co-leads.  And it’s not like they’re doing anything fishy offcam.  It’s just that their pairing was blessed with such explosive and undeniable chemistry that a lot of the viewers - even the ones against any love line between their characters - got convinced about their characters’ deep connection with hardly any physical contact between them. The production team should be glad they hit the jackpot with LSK and LJE’s onscreen partnership. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, justamom said:

 

Okay that's it! I'm adding you to the planning group!

 

Thanks for all those detailed questions, very important! And yes, it's from TVN!

Are you sure there is a script?  why would they include a script?  Isn't the movie the script?

 

If there is only Chinese subtitles!... who would be interested?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

 

@kdramafanlsk which is something i don’t understand. They were co-actors.  Co-leads.  And it’s not like they’re doing anything fishy offcam.  It’s just that their pairing was blessed with such explosive and undeniable chemistry that a lot of the viewers - even the ones against any love line between their characters - got convinced about their characters’ deep connection with hardly any physical contact between them. The production team should be glad they hit the jackpot with LSK and LJE’s onscreen partnership. 

Not sure about the local culture but it could be that local viewers may muddle the line between personal and professional lives of actors or that the DH-JA chemistry is so strong it might open issue again on male/female relationship with huge age gap outside the context of story that unfolded in MA. I dont subscribe to that kind of thinking either. But better stir clear of those things.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, justamom said:

 

Any other questions? I will send them a message later tonight.

Maybe ask them if it's too much to ask for subs on the unreleased cuts, they would at least sub the released parts? It's not like tvn hasn't  already done the work. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Maybe ask them if it's too much to ask for subs on the unreleased cuts, they would at least sub the released parts? It's not like tvn hasn't  already done the work. 

 

@justamom @sadiesmith  at that price, they should have subtitles for everything in that bluray dvd, even the leaflets and photobooks and whatever printed material comes with it. :huh:

 

On another note, I was just reading the comments in some sites where MA can be viewed online.  I couldn’t help but shake my head at the comments that said this time that what they saw in Dong Hoon’s treatment of Ji An was like that of a brother for his younger sister.  If that’s the case, then I think we just watched a drama about incest. Hahaha! :D

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...