Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards


Recommended Posts

Is there a way to make links to individual posts instead of just pages? I thought I’d put together a list of some of our best posts (traffic signals, Hyggye, etc) and share it on DC

 

Thats the reason I was thinking of putting together a fan page...but I’m not very tech savvy at all. Anyone want to help?

 

@sadiesmith we totally got trolled by DC fans. Someone saw your post asking why Do Joon Yeon is a legend and told me “Do Joo Nyeong, not Do Joon Yeon, don’t you know him? He’s a famous artist. Type in the search bar below.”

 

and naive me actually went along and searched

 

:flushed:

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This scene still makes me tear up whenever I rewatch it. I hope IU, LSK and My Ajushhi team will win many deserving awards for this gem of a drama.          

The moment he learned that she killed a man...   The moment she turned around because she was sure he would be disgusted and abandon her...   The moment he said he would

Detailed analysis - Last scene   If Dong Hoon was still being the old Dong Hoon, he would just say "가 / Go on "   Before the time skip, every time DH and JA had to part ways, he al

19 minutes ago, mujay said:

:lol: laughed like a loon:lol:

You see.uri ahjussi even close his eyes 

Waa .. heart attack literally..lol

  Hide contents

I think after blusing ahjussi recieved inviting  dinner date, there'er be moment to give sweet smack to a lovely girl with shy sad eyes .B)

 

Smack time..

 

 

Shy ahjusshi is feeling it....wahhaha

Their lips touched...and BAM !!!! :tongue:

 

And yeah they're going to go out and have dinner...

Will there be smooching after desserts?  How will we ever know!!?

I want visuals, billboard monitor size visuals...pleeeasseee

  • LOL 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, justamom said:

Is there a way to make links to individual posts instead of just pages? I thought I’d put together a list of some of our best posts (traffic signals, Hyggye, etc) and share it on DC

 

Thats the reason I was thinking of putting together a fan page...but I’m not very tech savvy at all. Anyone want to help?

 

@sadiesmith we totally got trolled by DC fans. Someone saw your post asking why Do Joon Yeon is a legend and told me “Do Joo Nyeong, not Do Joon Yeon, don’t you know him? He’s a famous artist. Type in the search bar below.”

 

and naive me actually went along and searched

 

:flushed:

 

I think there is a way to link individual posts.  I'll see if I can figure it out.  The fan page exclusively created for all things My Ajusshi sounds more and more like an excellent idea.  How do we go about creating one?

 

I feel like we are under the ever watchful eyes of DC fans on the other side of the world.  Is it still okay to proceed? :grimace::grin:

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

 

I think there is a way to link individual posts.  I'll see if I can figure it out.  The fan page exclusively created for all things My Ajusshi sounds more and more like an excellent idea.  How do we go about creating one?

 

I feel like we are under the ever watchful eyes of DC fans on the other side of the world.  Is it still okay to proceed?

 

They can lurk at their own risk...

Someone give them the links of those "fan-fics" and have them translate that ..waahaha

whip-onion-head-emoticon.gif

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

This talented individual expresses his interest in My Mister Lee Ji-an by creating....

 

 

Most recently, My Mister's #1 PPL and Ji-an's favorite cup....one sixth scale!

 

Spoiler

Previously shared but for folks who missed it

 

Ji-an's phone with the wiretap software installed

 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justamom said:

Is there a way to make links to individual posts instead of just pages? I thought I’d put together a list of some of our best posts (traffic signals, Hyggye, etc) and share it on DC

 

Thats the reason I was thinking of putting together a fan page...but I’m not very tech savvy at all. Anyone want to help?

 

@sadiesmith we totally got trolled by DC fans. Someone saw your post asking why Do Joon Yeon is a legend and told me “Do Joo Nyeong, not Do Joon Yeon, don’t you know him? He’s a famous artist. Type in the search bar below.”

 

and naive me actually went along and searched

 

:flushed:

 

 

 

Yes, it's easy to share individual posts. Click on the icon on the top right-hand corner of the post you want to share, then copy and paste the link.

 

k2qLUSj.png

 

And I'd love to help with the fan page, however I can. Got some time to kill. :wink: 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have time to translate this now but this is a wonderful piece from DC Inside on rice as Dong Hoon’s language of love. Specifically, eating rice with people he loves. He never eats rice with Yeon Hee in the show.

 

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=mymister&no=54061&page=3

 

I’ll try to translate it later

 

 

man this feels like breaking fast or something @mujay thinking of you here

  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mylovelystar said:

Just putting here for posterity 

 

:glasses:

 

 

This was tweeted by instiz today and getting lots of RT

 

What is that scene? Is this where they plan to have their 2 weeks reunion? Hopefully someone will take lots of pictures and post them. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

@h2ogirl I like your further analysis of soulmate and your presentation of proof that DH and JA are indeed soulmates. How can they be anything else? Except maybe Seoulmates too! (I know tired old joke). I'm looking forward to more analysis of the traffic signals though. It was so fascinating when someone pointed out the Caution: Electricity sign, then the train crossing red light contrasted to the green light over DH's shoulder at the end. Now all these other clues with the traffic lights are popping up. Besides all the ads for products I wonder what other clues/Easter eggs the writer or PD have hidden/planted that we have yet to discover! Keep analyzing guys. It only brings more proof that DH and JA are meant to be together and will be together not only in our minds and eyes but also in the writer's/PD's minds.

 

@justamom is your fanfic titled 'Contact'? I have tried to read more fanfic now that I have caught up with this thread. I think I clicked on the link that someone posted that led to your fanfic but I want to be sure that this is yours. I've read the first two chapters so far and I have enjoyed it very much. It is progressing like I have been hoping. Wishful thinking on my part but it would be great if we could convince the actors to get together and film this. If not you should gather fill-in actors and film this and with some CG work it could look like our beloved actors/actresses. Or it could be animated. I need this to be on-screen so I can be fully satisfied!

Going to read the other chapters tomorrow. Got to get to bed now. (oh, if your fanfic is another title please let me know. Thanks.)

  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To our Korean language specialists, sorry for adding these few links to your never-ending list lol. 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=50126&page=1&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=5화에서

From the pictures and the post, it seems like something about how ki hoon always had an idea that Ji An has preoccupied dong hoon's mind for quite some time. 

 

The below 3 comes from the same writer. 

https://m.blog.naver.com/tavola/221288813855

Don't know what this post is about but it's quite a long one, and I'm just genuinely interested. :D

https://m.blog.naver.com/tavola/221282920761

It seems to be similar to the one @rellea posted regarding the building's construction and strength effect, only that the writer finds a similarity between ep 6 and ep 16. Apparently, it was on ep 6 that dong hoon was shocked after discovering yoon hee's affair and he was watching something on tv like he did on ep 16.

https://m.blog.naver.com/tavola/221282930738

On dong hoon. Just sharing in case it's anything interesting.

 

 

 

 

Was taking a look at MDL and I like what the writer had to say here adding more to the already extensive analysis on Ji An's last words posted on this place.

 

rznl

Y0kwWt.jpg Snowflake:

Thanks for this thread. xD

There are many questions but I want to know what's with the second 'Yes' of Ji An in the end? 

Hi Snowflake. Well, from my perspective, the first yes it's because the time that she spent alone allowed her to find herself. But the second, a more vehement one, is that now, that she found him again, she will become more herself than she already was. Like... he was the missing piece.
Dong Hoon was the first person to know her deep inside. So when she needed to leave him, and start a new life she did it but she wasn't completely happy about it, and I believe that she left a part of herself with him. So the first one she was thinking about herself (bc of the meaning of her name as well) and she made a pause, remembering him, and then she said the second one like: yes, now I'm complete.

edited Quote
Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rellea said:

 

LMAOO Time to change my name, face, and drop off the planet. This is hilarious.

 

I don't have time the translate these right now, but these are some of the post I was thinking about translating if anyone else has the time. If not, I'll try to get to them once I'm free.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=53468&page=5

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54017&page=1

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=53799&page=1&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=5화에서

 

 

I thought the first essay, on love, was so beautifully written.

 

Here's my attempt at translating it:

 

We fall in love because of our flaws. When I know your flaws, and you know mine, and what we know becomes connected, your flaws become my pain and mine become yours, it becomes an invaluable, precious love between two people. The kind of love that will never, ever end and can never be severed. That is Dong Hoon and Ji An's love. This love will most naturally lead one to desire contact with the other person's body. But this is very different from normal sexual desires. Yes, normal people desire physical contact for various reasons. But why is it not so easy for us to agree to physical contact with the one we love?

 

If we look at Dong Hoon's misconception of love, he seems to think that his love for Ji An stems from how she helps him overcomes his shortcomings. Ji An, to him, is the only person who can make up for his shortcomings and understand his suffering. Dong Hoon plays the same role for Ji An, but more than helping her overcome her shortcomings, the one who brings personal strength to overcome herself is Ji An. And that makes Dong Hoon eternally grateful towards her. When Dong Hoon extends his hand to her at the end and holds her hand tightly, that could very well be the first time that he faces Ji An and her flaws and exposes his vulnerability to her. Rather than saying it is for Ji An, it is a reflex action stemming from his own hunger (desire). And in Ji An's expression while holding his hand we seem to see a shy smile evading that desire.

 

Undeniably, both have come to stand up on their own. Undeniably, both have also come back to each other, never to part again. Will they get married? That's unknown. Is marriage the greatest expression of love?

 

@rellea not sure I understood everything correctly especially in the 2nd para so please do correct if I made any mistakes!

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@justamom,awww, such beautiful poetic translation, thanks so much:blush:

Wonder why the dc inside shipp them hard just after drama ended, would it good when from start they sense what all soompier felt right?

Anyways is better late than non :)

 

Self complishment hug...

IMG_20180518_072211.jpg

 

 

Initiative printed handshake

IMG_20180518_062838.jpg

 

Blushing Ahjussi:tongue:

The girl with sad longing eyes invite her to date...

Dong honaa does your heart beaten so fast.

IMG_20180518_072145.jpg

He was just like 18 years old boy in love:glasses: a waiting his first date.

IMG_20180519_201124.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180519_201124.jpg

 

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was another one I liked.

 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54125&page=1

 

What if Dong Hoon and Ji An switched roles at the cafe? This poster thinks the handshake would most likely not have happened.

 

Dong Hoon would have observed her from a distance and thought, how happy she looks. Please continue to be happy. Then feel sad for himself while walking away :lol:

 

@popai5 yes! Thank you for reading. I am happy to write the script if someone else can put together the rest of it!

  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, justamom said:

 

I thought the first essay, on love, was so beautifully written.

 

Here's my attempt at translating it:

 

We fall in love because of our flaws. When I know your flaws, and you know mine, and what we know becomes connected, your flaws become my pain and mine become yours, it becomes an invaluable, precious love between two people. The kind of love that will never, ever end and can never be severed. That is Dong Hoon and Ji An's love. This love will most naturally lead one to desire contact with the other person's body. But this is very different from normal sexual desires. Yes, normal people desire physical contact for various reasons. But why is it not so easy for us to agree to physical contact with the one we love?

 

If we look at Dong Hoon's misconception of love, he seems to think that his love for Ji An stems from how she helps him overcomes his shortcomings. Ji An, to him, is the only person who can make up for his shortcomings and understand his suffering. Dong Hoon plays the same role for Ji An, but more than helping her overcome her shortcomings, the one who brings personal strength to overcome herself is Ji An. And that makes Dong Hoon eternally grateful towards her. When Dong Hoon extends his hand to her at the end and holds her hand tightly, that could very well be the first time that he faces Ji An and her flaws and exposes his vulnerability to her. Rather than saying it is for Ji An, it is a reflex action stemming from his own hunger (desire). And in Ji An's expression while holding his hand we seem to see a shy smile evading that desire.

 

Undeniably, both have come to stand up on their own. Undeniably, both have also come back to each other, never to part again. Will they get married? That's unknown. Is marriage the greatest expression of love?

 

@rellea not sure I understood everything correctly especially in the 2nd para so please do correct if I made any mistakes!

Please keep translating these. It’s nice to know their perspective are similar to ours. Im hoping the MA cast will do a special episode:tongue:

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

What he's been up to. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Apparently that was taken before their final episode dinner (same clothes)

 

This one is at a Kia Tigers baseball game:

 

 

Am eagerly awaiting photo of tonight’s party!

 

@nearsea I saw those! They are really long! That's what I was referring to when I said scroll on...and on....and on... Don't think I can translate the whole thing but will see if I can summarise!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justamom said:

Apparently that was taken before their final episode dinner (same clothes)

 

This one is at a Kia Tigers baseball game:

 

Am eagerly awaiting photo of tonight’s party!

 

@nearsea I saw those! They are really long! That's what I was referring to when I said scroll on...and on....and on... Don't think I can translate the whole thing but will see if I can summarise!

 

The baseball picture was from two years ago.  LSK is a fan of KIA Tigers.  There has been ZERO news on his activities since the conclusion of MA.  I guess he's been occupied with starting his new film.  Will stalk instagram for glimpses of their reunion party.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, justamom said:

 

I thought the first essay, on love, was so beautifully written.

 

Here's my attempt at translating it:

 

We fall in love because of our flaws. When I know your flaws, and you know mine, and what we know becomes connected, your flaws become my pain and mine become yours, it becomes an invaluable, precious love between two people. The kind of love that will never, ever end and can never be severed. That is Dong Hoon and Ji An's love. This love will most naturally lead one to desire contact with the other person's body. But this is very different from normal sexual desires. Yes, normal people desire physical contact for various reasons. But why is it not so easy for us to agree to physical contact with the one we love?

 

If we look at Dong Hoon's misconception of love, he seems to think that his love for Ji An stems from how she helps him overcomes his shortcomings. Ji An, to him, is the only person who can make up for his shortcomings and understand his suffering. Dong Hoon plays the same role for Ji An, but more than helping her overcome her shortcomings, the one who brings personal strength to overcome herself is Ji An. And that makes Dong Hoon eternally grateful towards her. When Dong Hoon extends his hand to her at the end and holds her hand tightly, that could very well be the first time that he faces Ji An and her flaws and exposes his vulnerability to her. Rather than saying it is for Ji An, it is a reflex action stemming from his own hunger (desire). And in Ji An's expression while holding his hand we seem to see a shy smile evading that desire.

 

Undeniably, both have come to stand up on their own. Undeniably, both have also come back to each other, never to part again. Will they get married? That's unknown. Is marriage the greatest expression of love?

 

@rellea not sure I understood everything correctly especially in the 2nd para so please do correct if I made any mistakes!

 

 

You are doing a public service by translating all these posts I am telling you. If you guys need any help with setting up the new site, I would be happy to help in any way. 

And what a  beautiful, awfully romantic post. I didn't fully understand the highlighted line but I think the gist was never in all these episodes Dong Hoon initiated anything, it was Ji An who asked for a kiss, bought a slipper for him, which he ignored, it was ji an who asked if he wanted a hug and then he said he was okay without it, and it was always him who wanted to leave first, while leaving halmony in the care center, he was the one running for the bus, as if he didn't want to be alone with her for a longer time. So when on the last episode he asked for a handshake that was a big deal. [He was the one who wanted to stay a bit longer when previously it was always him who would leave first.] In the writer's words, 'it is a reflex action stemming from his own hunger (desire)', wow. As if he is giving her a green signal, he is giving away some of his own emotions, he is saying, she matters, her contributions to his life matters. So Ji An who thought staying in the neighborhood would be a wrong idea since the one for whom she would always take a walk in the neighborhood isn't interested in her. So wasn't it weird that she was immediately going back when her colleagues were calling her? I just realized that she would go back without saying anything if dong hoon didn't initiate that handshake right? So seeing that he cares, she mentions about meeting again. That was like the first ever move from the stoic/hermit park dong hoon lol.

 

And in Ji An's expression while holding his hand we seem to see a shy smile evading that desire. - a shout out to the original writer and to @justamom for the beautiful translation. <3

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...