Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Doesn't this song remind you of Ji An? I believe IU composed it herself and wrote the lyrics.

The harmonization at 1.45 is so beautiful.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, arctichare said:

Doesn't this song remind you of Ji An? I believe IU composed it herself and wrote the lyrics.

I always imagined little IU when I listened to this song, but now that you mention it, it really is a good fit for JA.

I think Bad Day is the saddest song IU ever made. She said wrote it when she was in middle school, too. On a day when she particularly hated herself... She's said in an interview that no matter how harshly someone criticizes her, she will always criticize herself more harshly. And that she could never enjoy her successes because she was always thinking that she would fail and disappoint everyone next time. For all her fame and accomplishments, IU has an incredibly low self-esteem. She says she prefers to think of it as a good thing because it keeps her from getting full of herself, but I can't imagine that it's done her mental and emotional health any good. :(

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Finally.. Jiani trace in IU shade..:wub:

IMG_20180522_124313.jpg

IMG_20180530_031649.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

Here's the reference to the "sexy" comment. The article writer wasn't being fair to DH, because it wasn't DH who thought it to be sexy. He was actually concerned about the being cold part.

Yup. It was his male co-worker who jokingly said that about himself wearing short socks. DH also never said JA was “pretty” to her directly. She overhears it through the wiretap. He never says anything sexual or demeaning to her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20180530_071438.jpg

Meaningful expression...Lee jieun seems have so many depth soft gaze after MA..i wish she mastering her facial gesture/ muscle deeper those could improved and freed her to deliver/picturesque every character she would take and give a  nuance in all her stage consert at another level.

IMG_20180517_222145.jpg

IMG_20180517_212447.jpg

The tears..

Depth expresssion could safe our energie to finding what a reason behind the action.

• Like 9

I'm glad this thread is still moving,  keep it coming everyone, I love reading all your post, I'm in awe with all your analysis, thoughts etc. Keep me thinking you are all awesome posting lengthly your thoughts omg! And please don't move anywhere huhu, this thread will be lonely if you all moved somewhere else :(

Anyway LSK is so quiet, no interviews yet, and no pictures together with IU why oh why? And I noticed in wrap up party they were sitting very far from each other lol!

IU is busy going back to her roots as a Singer, no MA related post in her IG either which I find strange hahaha 

No interviews with Ho San and Sae Byuk, and Nara yet. And the other guy in Dh team.

Wonder when are they going to China hope everyone can make it. 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Off Topic: Too bad we did not get to see something sweet like this from LSK's character:

---eeeee ehhhhh yahhhh--- (the sound of my heart breaking when I first saw these photos years ago)

@nearsea and @sadiesmith the SLA forum got to 600+ pages and things were getting lost and they were doing things like script translations so they needed a more organised place. Just an idea. 

17 minutes ago, reign143 said:

IU is busy going back to her roots as a Singer, no MA related post in her IG either which I find strange hahaha 

I think they are trying to get out of character and back to their real lives. Makes sense. That was some deep, heavy stuff.

I remember how Kim Hee Ae said after Secret Love Affair she was so sad and couldn't get out of her character, but then she went  to climb Mount Halla in Jeju and right after that she felt back to her normal self.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, arctichare said:

Oh my, that's a shockingly good song! Those lyrics!

I feel the warmth of someone's body on the park bench....but why does it make me feel even colder?

What a line!!! 

That's like some mad poetic skill there.

It's like one of my favourite scenes in the show, Jeong Hee saying how she woke up in the morning and the sound of people's footsteps was the loneliest things in the world

@rellea while I was watching Ji An (not knowing she was IU) I kept thinking, this actress has soul. She's got soul.

• Like 9

Got to page 227! Almost caught up.

So, wanted to thank @tiger457_stv for padding my suggestion for the ending about IU's photos substituting for Jian and making it funnier and better! Also, I knew you would comment on my 94....% of engineer comment. You fell for my trap!

@sadiesmith I liked the clip of the cast and crew watching the last episode. Too bad there is no clip of them watching the entire episode! I would love to see their reactions. I would watch the entire 1-1/2 hours! Also, I like the photos showing the red, yellow and green lights.

Did you notice that in the final photo with the green light that Jian is completely hidden behind DH? She has been totally absorbed by DH. She now lives within him! Haha.

@kdramafanlsk mentioned that various things can set off memories of MA. For me that happened while watching Tempted/The Great Seducer. There are 2 scenes that brought MA to mind. Actually the actress Joy (I believe is her name) is a singer in a girl group and her acting in crying scenes is good but can't be compared to LJE in MA. But in this show her father says two things that rang true for DH and JA.

1. 'Should continue to meet if you like each other. Do you know how much of a miracle it is for two people to love each other at the same time? Although it doesn't last forever the time and emotions are too beautiful and precious. I believe in my love. Don't underestimate a one-sided love'

2. It's because you can't hide the fact that you love someone. Your feelings are like muscles. When your liking for someone becomes stronger it's hard for it to move in another direction. It's like your body remembers how you felt when  you like someone so it keeps moving towards that direction. I''m just going to leave it until it slowly disappears on its own. If that doesn't disappear then there's nothing I can do.'

• Like 5

21 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@ninaanin and @justamom, I am a Christian and saw no rudeness in your comments. The pastor has replied back and posted a question to you, @justamom. After you read it I dare you to show him the link to your fabulous fanfic. :lol:

@sadiesmith I’m a Christian too so I understand where he’s coming from.  I have my own thoughts about the pastor’s post and will share it with our chinggus once I get my ideas together.  :)

Speaking of fanfics, I just want to give a shoutout to @justamom.  Your fic is just so beautiful and so in tune with the characterization of Park Dong Hoon and Lee Ji An and overall mood of MA.  Your handle on Dong Hoon in particular is brilliant and you’ve captured his personality perfectly.  I always look forward to your updates. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yay, more interviews, this time with O Nara, AKA the lovely Jung Hee:

http://news.joins.com/article/22668492?cloc=joongang|article|tagnews

http://news.joins.com/article/22668493?cloc=joongang|article|tagnews

http://news.joins.com/article/22668494

Could someone please translate the parts related to My Ajusshi?  Thank  you in advance!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, justamom said:

On 5/28/2018 at 10:05 PM, maddymappo said:

She was protected by them The alpha dog (DH) had introduced her to the pack and so she was accepted, even grandma's funeral.

No to me the alpha dogs are Jae Chul and Sang Hoon! Dong Hoon is definitely a beta....

Except that DH was supporting his family, the others may noise, but DH had the depths and gravitas that they followed.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Yay, more interviews, this time with O Nara, AKA the lovely Jung Hee:

http://news.joins.com/article/22668492?cloc=joongang|article|tagnews

http://news.joins.com/article/22668493?cloc=joongang|article|tagnews

http://news.joins.com/article/22668494

Could someone please translate the parts related to My Ajusshi?  Thank  you in advance!

I’ll try and get to it later if no one has by then, but two interesting points:

- Jeong Hee’s Bar. Fans are clamoring for one and Lee Seon Gyun actually said he would invest in it! She’s thinking about it.

- Sequel. She says it wouldn’t be the same and it’s better to leave everyone with lingering feelings....

NOooooooo:bawling:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Except that DH was supporting his family, the others may noise, but DH had the depths and gravitas that they followed.

Agreed.  No way could I see Dong Hoon as beta when Sang Hoon is the one behaving like a prepubescent male so much of the time. :lol:

• Like 4

It would really be nice if we could get an interview of IU about MA even just one because I'm curious what's on her mind, IU is a deep thinker I'm amaze  of how she views things, but seems we couldn't get any, she seldoms get an interview :( but hoping she gets an interview though please jieunah.

• Like 7

Spoiler

Hello guys! Stumbled onto this song from Thriving Ivory and the lyrics are so appropriate to Dong Hoon’s feelings for Ji An.  Go have a listen. :)

• Like 2