Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

15 minutes ago, nearsea said:

I have been thinking about this scene too haha. I have replayed this scene couple of times to understand whether dong hoon is happy/sad/hopeful/feeling positive about seeing Ji An around him again. Although part of me wished the end scene just stopped at them meeting, since seeing them leaving and not in the same screen for the last time was a bit hard for me to take, it does take away a bit of the excitement. But I am feeling optimistic after @mushroomsoupie's green light screenshot. It's greenlight for him now, so he can take that walk towards her even if he's not facing her in the last scene. If the information was given it means something. Nothing is random in this drama like we have known so far lol.  Plus the cinematography wow. That time when Ji An sees him again, it seemed like they are in heaven lol. Everything around him was glowing. It was kind of ethereal. And then they walked towards this place, which is full of lush green. 

'Meaning of The Color Green. ... Green, the color of life, renewal, nature, and energy, is associated with meanings of growth, harmony, freshness. The color green has healing power and is understood to be the most restful and relaxing color for the human eye to view.  Green also brings with it a sense of hope, health, adventure, and renewal, as well as self-control, compassion.

So this scene has a lot more meaning to me now. 

Yes, the last scene just screams GREEN.  That is why I had such a hard time re-watching the first episode; the contrast was just too much to take at this point.  Besides all the meanings of the color green you spelled out above, there is one more meaning, which is GO.  @mushroomsoupie already pointed out the green light behind Dong Hoon as he walked away, which was put there in case the greenery all around was not literal enough to us viewers.  Didn't Pretty Noona also use the different colors of umbrellas to convey similar meanings? So now we have green for go and a stop sign for do not proceed.  Does anyone think there might be a yellow light planted somewhere? 

• Like 7

@noor1 ^^Trust me I have all the questions that you have in your mind. That whether the noncommittal dong hoon would ever reveal to ji an how he feels about her. That's why I really wish we could see the script lol. I am wondering about the conversations LSK and the director had while preparing for these scenes. Maybe it went like, try to act like you are startled, quite affected by her confession, but don't make it seem like you love her. You can't have the lovestruck puppy look. :D

But then how would you define this expression? I for one can't lol. 

8Kaq2eb.jpg

Or this one, [ I have to thank the wise poster from DB who had this observation.]

Seeing how intently dong hoon is looking at Ji An, Ki Hoon gave him the black sunglasses. He says in a matter of fact tone that Sang Hoon wants all three of them to wear the glasses, but it could also be seen as Ki Hoon telling him to look at Ji An to his heart's content without getting caught lol. 

efLDT3T.jpg

Sp3RXBH.jpg

So I don't know, Seems like too many coincidences for me. Or when he asks dong hoon after he is back home dropping yoon hee to the airport, how's Ji An doing. Or whether she calls him or not. Ki Hoon is always the observant one even if dong hoon never opened up to him.

Also about the separation, the moment dong hoon tells his mother that Yoon Hee has gone to the US to look for information on college, Ki Hoon tells him to move back to their house. 

IMO about Ji An, Dong Hoon gave his comment on episode 12 like someone said before. He was even hesitating to send her a text saying thanks thinking how would that be perceived. So, as a morally upright person as him declaring verbally how much she means to him is almost like asking her out by his book I guess. I also think what Yoon Hee said was right, that she knows he's still trying to be part of the family for the sake of his mom and the kid. But because he's a family man and loyal to the people in his life, it wasn't possible for him to leave her from his side. So she made it easy for him by making the move herself. At least that's the impression I got. 

• Like 19

Hi all or whoever is left. I'm still on page 194 (20 more pages to enjoy!). But I wanted to say that as expected you guys have beautifully and brilliantly expressed what I was feeling.

The clarifications about the translation of not 'my wife' but 'my child's mom' does help to clear things up for me regarding the state of the marriage. Thanks to @brose_stv, @justamom and @noor1 for the posts.

Thanks to @mylovelystar and @mujay for posting photos and videos of behind the scenes and after-party scenes and various social media events. I need more!

On my trip there were two songs that played back to back that made me think of MA. First was 'Head over Feet' by Alanis Morissette. Some of the lyrics:

I had no choice but to hear you.

You stated your case time and again.

I thought about it.

You treat me like I'm a princess.

I'm not used to liking that.

You asked how my day was.

You've already won me over in spite of me.

And don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet.

And don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are.

I couldn't help it.

It's all your fault.

and later some additional lyrics

You're so much braver than I gave you credit for...

You are the bearer of unconditional things.

You held your breath and the door for me.

Thanks for your patience.

Then a song by Prince 'U got the Look' came on.

A lot of U got the look la la la la la la gets sung. And I thought how cool it would be if someone here with the talent and knowledge (maybe @Kimchi Sweet Potato) could make a video with this song and all the various 'looks' Jian has. From the cold looks at the beginning of the drama to the longing looks, to the shy looks, to the sad and finally to the happy. Just wishful thinking!

Time to keep reading. Oh, by the way I did start to watch 'Tempted/The Great Seducer' during the 1 week break and found it was a good distraction/fluff. But then it got more serious. The pairing got cute at times and maybe a little cheesy but at least the main actress acknowledges it and I found that endearing. Started to watch 'Wok of Love'. Needed some comedy. I want to watch the next Wed/Thurs tvn show 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim?' because I like both Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young. Nothing can match 'My Ahjussi' but the shows must go on!

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Yes, the last scene just screams GREEN.  That is why I had such a hard time re-watching the first episode; the contrast was just too much to take at this point.  Besides all the meanings of the color green you spelled out above, there is one more meaning, which is GO@mushroomsoupie already pointed out the green light behind Dong Hoon as he walked away, which was put there in case the greenery all around was not literal enough to us viewers.  Didn't Pretty Noona also use the different colors of umbrellas to convey similar meanings? So now we have green for go and a stop sign for do not proceed.  Does anyone think there might be a yellow light planted somewhere? 

Ohh so interesting! So you mean this is like telling him to 'Go' for her, contrast to the 'stop sign' from ep 15. Amazing indeed! 

I think I saw orange light somewhere in episode 15, can't remember when.

• Like 6

Spoiler
1 hour ago, noor1 said:

I have a query, yes, couldn’t resist being back for a bit: But first let me get this out of the way: PEOPLE, THE TIME SKIP WAS A YEAR - THAT’S IT - IT WAS SHOWN IN A VERY COOL WAY AS 4 SEASONS CHANGE VIA KH-YURA ON-OFF RELATIONSHIP DRAMA. JI-AN AND DH MEET NEXT SPRING, PERIOD. I don’t know why people are calculating how long it takes him to establish a career or her to have a makeover - the time skip was of a year. It’s one of the clearest uncomplicated things in an otherwise happy, eventful but unclear ending!

Okay now to my problem, have been thinking: the drama could have been called ‘My Mixed Signals Ajusshi’ because of the way writer / director kept DH’s personal life unresolved / non-committal till the end. 

I think the writer /director gave in to viewer’s demand to have YH out of the picture physically but placed her in THREE PICTURES metaphorically to retain a realistic balance of DH’s loyalty and YH’s regret and futuristic hope for their unit as a family, while also giving viewers what they really wanted: DH meeting Ji-An again. Because the last scene or the last episode didn’t really solve any ground reality for DH or Ji-An or YH.

In that great thespian moment in the apartment, he cries looking at the large picture of a happy family: over demise or failure of a marriage and also, the fact that both son and wife are gone far away form him, and he is all alone, and all that he has been through in past year or months. So he lets it all out (in a brilliantly acted scene).

A year later, he is a changed man - he’s doing his own thing, but has THREE photographs of ‘kid’s mom’ with the kid - and none of the kid playing solo or doing something on his own. Initially at his manager desk he had a photo of him with his kid, even though I think he had one with his wife and kid too in one of the earlier episodes; At the director’s desk he actually wiped off dust from the picture of him with the wife and kid (taken in U.S.). So as CEO of his own company, one picture of ‘kid’s mom’ with kid would have sufficed. Why have 3? Not 1, not 2 but 3. And that too in front of colleagues who know about the YH-JY affair! Nothing in this drama is without purpose and everything is shown, not told/ spelt out. So either it was done to show present status of his life (hanging out with the brothers) and her life (hanging out with the son), or clearly he is missing both of them and is now in a good healing place with her - or why would he have THREE pics of both (two taken the same day)? People can always change and they can always come back together, once son’s college (or her own) is done. Who can say they won’t be happy together after some time apart? And we all know, DH isn’t the type to let go (cue the THREE photographs), though he is referring to her as 'kid's mom'.

Enter, Ji-An at the cafe’: He is ecstatic, he is proud, he can’t believe his eyes, he has obviously missed her, shakes hands, doesn’t let go, comes across as needy, is very open about his pleasure, gets a meal / dinner approved, looks back to confirm it’s the former-badass Ji-An now all demure and fluffy and well-adjusted, and walks off happily - happy in the knowledge that he could help her achieve comfort as well as the dinner plan that assures him he’ll see her again. All suggesting he is free and looking forward to their meet-up later. Though it could also mean he is happy his selfless loyal cheerleader is back in town - looking prettier than ever - the one who still wants to see him after their time apart! When Ji-An looks back at him, wistful and sombre, she still has feelings for him. So what has changed? After all he WAS having meals with her even when he was married - now they have better, livelier stories to share. The meal does not mean anything in itself, other than more of the same.

For a formerly passive introverted person, this is as good as it gets. He does not know nor care to make moves and it is safe to say, he does not want to make moves on Ji-An, happy to watch her from sidelines, having feel-good dinners.

To me, it seems like, for DH, Ji-An is the female version of his monk best friend - because the only other time he smiled this brightly was when he saw his friend (at the mountain, at the bar). 

My perennial problem with the golden DH has been, how can a man be this evasive and not make it clear either ways or not be with someone when he looks at her the way he does or as relaxed as he is around her! The only explanation I can come up with (and no, it’s not that he was married, or unavailable), is that he always thought of Ji-An as a little girl that he fell for - a friendly loyal girl who understood him - but has a hard time reconciling those feelings at his age and stage in life and acknowledging them or thinking they should lead to something more. He loved her enough to be there for her for everything, but not enough to be with her - apart from the meal thing. That’s friendzoning 101. She’s his female monk friend, and he’s hers (even though she entertained and shared non-monkish thoughts about him to everyone, including him, which he has explained away as her gratitude and loyalty to the first person who made her feel like a human being)! 

Ji-An on the other hand, in that last line ‘did you find comfort’ (which could also mean ‘did you live up to your name’) says ‘yes’ - I think it meant that she is happy DH met her warmly (as promised) and is reciprocating an interest in her openly (something new). That gave her comfort. But he was just expressing an interest in retaining their (meal-time) connection together! I did not see anything else (should I take out the hankies for her?) Or the dialogues could mean that she can move on now in life, having crossed the big emotional barrier of what if, what will happen when I see him again? After all, she IS crossing the road - junction. And now she knows, and can move on, leaving DH behind. 

The writer/ director broke stereotypes with this drama - but did it by showing these people would go to any lengths for each other but could get nothing more from each other, because it’s beyond common man-woman super-human love, and DH is not that kind of guy, Ji-An knows it, others do too. They are back to square one, the only square they’ll ever be at!

Don’t get me wrong. I loved the hopeful ending. It’s better than any other alternative that could have happened - and the atmosphere was so blindingly bright, it was infectious! How could one not be happy for them - or be optimistic about them together. The smile on his face and smirk on hers gives hope for something more. But what does it really signify: that they met each other warmly and will meet each other again, some time in the future. He still has his own life, she is now independent too. Did DH look happy at all the possibilities for their future together or just a meal together, or happy that the cafe’ meeting went well?! I don’t know what to think. I think with them, a meal is as good as it will ever get. And I blame the writer / director for having their cake and eating it too: they did not want DH to divorce, wanted to show that a wife can repent and appreciate the husband, the husband can be understanding of the wife’s foibles and miss her from the great beyond (the THREE pics), and both can get together after some years apart, and in the meantime, he can look forward to meals with a love-struck young woman justifying it as an emotional out-of-this-world connection! Same old DH. Of such stuff heartbreaks are made! It’s a shame that the writer / director did not have courage to show that two people who shine so intensely together like these two, deserve to at least try to be together like normal couples.

Or did they?

Can someone just tell me, it’s no big deal, it’s okay and I should be count my blessings that they can still see each other?  

@noor1, I am sooo glad to see you back, but for now I am going to "stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalalala.... "

I will leave it to the more insightful and eloquent members of our ship to tell you that you were all wrong. :lol:

• LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

@noor1 lol, You tried always to be very objective before (and appear to achieve a higher degree of objectivety than most of us), but forgive me if I say this: it seems that the ending has playing with your emotions more than you would like or would expected, and this is maybe affecting your normaly way of see things objectively. Am I wrong? I apology if I am. 

I will say why objetively YH and DH are over, albeit it isn't clear if they are already divorced:

1. The drama never ever tried to make any movement to show any process of healing their marriage. So, narratively wise, there is no room for saving their marriage. If we agree this writer is good, not dealing with this "saving marriage" and then presenting them on the last minutes as "couple saved" it would be just bad writing. 

2. The drama showed many times the impossibility of saving this marriage, which one was the barman saying that you can endure for a time, but then it is ended a marriage if there is betrayal.

3. As many pointed out, YH was ashamed maybe repented, but she wasn't in love. She just wanted to attone for her sin. Never she tried (at least not hard enough) to save their marriage, she was just waiting for DH's decision.

4. The pics: objetively, for someone who kept a family photo (he, wife, son) on the office desk after knowing everything about his wife betrayal, why wouldn't he keep a family photo on his desk after everything is forgot and healed? No, this means exactely that they are no more a family, and the 3 brothers's pic shows his family now. Three pics with mother-son from three different moments means that she is abroad for a long time. She is settleted there. Plus the info about the fact that the mother wants the son to stay there until college tells for itself. 

5. The pics show that DH is in good terms with YH, and in a sense he doesn't alianates her from his life. He is a generous person. (plus, if he hasn't any hope to be with his soulmate, what difference makes to have his son and mother's pics? lol).

6. What is unclear is if they are already divorced. If this is an year time skip, so probably not yet. It would be in character: if he or she hasn't others plans (e.g. marry somebody else) they probably could stay many years separated, but not officialy divorced. 

About DH-JA meeting again and she being only kindred hearts of him like the monk would be. First, the show stated that the monk and DH were best friends, but never stated/showed that they were soulmates/kindred spirits (or at least I never saw that way). Second, the drama till the ending showed that JA is in love with DA, but let implicitely his feelings. If we are talking about kindred hearts or soulmates, and they are kindred hearts/soulmates of each other, the logic says that in this kind of situation both kindred hearts/souls will be at the same page; therefore, if we have one half that explicitely shows its feelings, we can deduce the other's half feelings from the first half of the soulmates/kindred hearts. So, logicaly, if JA loves DH, then DA loves JA. That's simple. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

Lee Ji An ►Sleepless Dreams◄ 

cr : Mine

Hello everyone. i make this fmv to appreciate this outstanding drama n iu superb act. so please watch n enjoy. thank u :wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

On 23/05/2018 at 2:21 AM, mushroomsoupie said:

Love the contrast between these two shots

Episode 15 - JA deleted the wiretap app 

RED LIGHT, STOP SIGN

Reveal hidden contents

a9liH2.png

zPguTf.png

Episode 16 - DH & JA Reunion

GREEN LIGHT

VKmCyC.png

These visual details gave me hope of a greater promise for these two. Until I realize that these are seen only from JA's perspective. Red light was JA stopping connection with DH using wiretap. And the green light must be a mssg for JA to go on. 

And in response to another post, I dont agree that the delicious meal is just more of the same. Actually it is a big deal. Because this time, it was JA offering. This reinforces how much JA has changed in the time they were apart. And which could partly explain DH's big smile. One of his thoughts could be "oh wow, we both have come a long way" esp when he raised his head looking up as if in recollection. Although something else explains the shy smile and downturned face as if he is considering the offer and if its a good idea to accept. When he smiled back that was when he decided to accept. That smile and acceptance of JA's offer of meal is the single best positive indication that there is hope for these two to get together. And JA saying she will call sealed it.

That last scene clearly shows that their individual circumstances have changed. And it suggests that they still have the same feelings for each other. That JA still act on how she feels (she can approach him and ask him to meet again). The only change in their dynamics is DH accepting what JA was offering. (I know its just a meal but all that facial expression and prolonged response from DH just means it is more than just a meal). He is opening himself up to what JA was offering. Something he withheld in the entire drama up to that point.

So they will meet again. This time DH will be open. For now that's the most we can get from DH and from that ending. (My ged, getting this guy to open up (romantically) feels like pulling a tooth!!!) :lol::lol::lol: 

What happens next depends on our own imagination and preference. :lol: there are endless possibilities. :lol:

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Wahhh Im missing this drama already!!! Definitely will rewatch it again. Ive been rewatching the last scene over and over then mu sister happened to glance at my phone. She then asked me “They end up together?”  And all because she’s seen DH smiling so wide at Jian!! All my doubts, vanished . Ive been bugging her to watch the drama so it’s nice to have someone not associated to it say the same thoughts you have. It just confirms it and I did ask her again if thats really what she thought, she said yes so Im happy!!!

It’s not just us who can see it haha

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

And I’ll add, didn’t anyone notice how hard DH was grasping at Jian’s hand? He only let go when Jian offered to buy him a meal and that she’ll call him. He was holding on and seemed hesitant to let go before Jian said anything. It did seem like he was just waiting for something to confirm that that won’t be their last meeting and then he was able to let her off. All these subtle details. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2018 at 10:36 AM, kaxx said:

You know I personally never really believed the "if he eats with you means he likes you". I remember arching my eyebrows like, "Really? That's it?"

I was pretty stunned myself LOL.

What you said does make sense though, seems like DJY knows him.

But the waiting for her part, yes! It felt like he was somewhat trying his luck, "ok I'm going to grocery shopping... if I see her then I'll walk with her." He even "chided" her, how did you even missed your stop, lol!

I think the first time he really wanted to eat with her was sometime after he piggybacked grandma and called JA a good person. Before that, he was always eagerly waiting for her to finish eating so he could leave. When she texted him once for a meal, he said it was too late. He was even willing to pay her in installments to avoid eating with her, and then changed his mind and said she should just reveal the truth to everyone. For some, sharing a meal together is an intimate gesture or a way to get closer to that person. DH even likes to pour his own drinks.

The writer seems to also like to use running as a way to show fondness, togetherness, and acceptance. Not only do both JA and DH passionately run to each other in their times of need, but JA is accepted by her co-workers when they run together to catch the train, and by DH’s friends when they run together to catch the bus. Even DH’s reason to hire her is because her hobby is to run.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ann04 said:

And I’ll add, didn’t anyone notice how hard DH was grasping at Jian’s hand? He only let go when Jian offered to buy him a meal and that she’ll call him. He was holding on and seemed hesitant to let go before Jian said anything. It did seem like he was just waiting for something to confirm that that won’t be their last meeting and then he was able to let her off. All these subtle details. 

Everyone noticed that haha! :lol: we went on and on about how it is like a hand bearhug :lol: and you are right. I actually thought given a few more seconds (or hours :lol:) of that handshake he might have been the one to ask JA for a meal together. But then again JA beat hin to it. :lol: it is in character actually. :lol:The thing is with JA the one offering it, that meal symbolized something deeper. :wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

39 minutes ago, ann04 said:

He did not just shake her hand, he was attacking it a bit too enthusiastically and almost crushing it.  Keep in mind his hand is so much bigger than hers.  I don't know if this was all in the script or LSK was playing it a bit too eagerly here. :lol:  And more than a few people have noticed the imprint left by that severe handshake.

• Like 6
  • LOL 10

6 hours ago, nearsea said:

@noor1 ^^Trust me I have all the questions that you have in your mind. That whether the noncommittal dong hoon would ever reveal to ji an how he feels about her. That's why I really wish we could see the script lol. I am wondering about the conversations LSK and the director had while preparing for these scenes. Maybe it went like, try to act like you are startled, quite affected by her confession, but don't make it seem like you love her. You can't have the lovestruck puppy look. :D

But then how would you define this expression? I for one can't lol. 

Or this one, [ I have to thank the wise poster from DB who had this observation.]

Seeing how intently dong hoon is looking at Ji An, Ki Hoon gave him the black sunglasses. He says in a matter of fact tone that Sang Hoon wants all three of them to wear the glasses, but it could also be seen as Ki Hoon telling him to look at Ji An to his heart's content without getting caught lol. 

So I don't know, Seems like too many coincidences for me. Or when he asks dong hoon after he is back home dropping yoon hee to the airport, how's Ji An doing. Or whether she calls him or not. Ki Hoon is always the observant one even if dong hoon never opened up to him.

Also about the separation, the moment dong hoon tells his mother that Yoon Hee has gone to the US to look for information on college, Ki Hoon tells him to move back to their house. 

IMO about Ji An, Dong Hoon gave his comment on episode 12 like someone said before. He was even hesitating to send her a text saying thanks thinking how would that be perceived. So, as a morally upright person as him declaring verbally how much she means to him is almost like asking her out by his book I guess. I also think what Yoon Hee said was right, that she knows he's still trying to be part of the family for the sake of his mom and the kid. But because he's a family man and loyal to the people in his life, it wasn't possible for him to leave her from his side. So she made it easy for him by making the move herself. At least that's the impression I got. 

Ki Hoon totally knew that DH was making a spectacle of himself the way his eyes were drilling hole into the back of Ji An's head in the bus.  He was lucky all the other passengers were napping.  The whole thing with the sunglasses tickles me to no end, it was sooooo cleverly done.  Best way of inserting PPL.

Someone already said upstairs that in order for Dong Hoon to stay true to his character, he won't be allowed to express in words how he feels toward another female. We will know through a third party, and we got a ton of that from Jung Hee, Ki Hoon, Sang Hoon, Joon Young, the other directors, etc.  Also keep in mind that his love language is not words of affirmation (or physical affection apparently), it is acts of service.  That's how he loved Yoon Hee and his family.  So it's totally within his character to not verbalize how he feels, and that is never an issue because all his friends know how much he loves them and they love him in return.  When it comes to Ji An though, he really does not need to say how he feels because his eyes speak more loudly than his mouth ever does.  Here is another example:

loves.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Kim Won Suk PD-nim has another drama waaahh omg! And I just knew now that he directed Sungkyunkwan Scandal love this drama too, it's his second time working with Song Joong ki.

• Like 4

Okey i am so not over with my rant yet too....  angry-smiley.gif

I was trying my very best to let it pass ...those photos on his office desk... but

Spoiler

I was thinking (to pacify the team-YH audience, okey they had to put a picture there...but why so many? one would have been enough...If just to be fair on both sides, they should just have left his office desk bare... or just put a cactus plant on it...whatsoever :angry:

• But to pacify my own irritation... that photo of  him and the brothers on his desk isn't it just part of SH's dream/fantasy ?  So i guess it's what YH's photos represent  too ... unreal... and will never be real anymore !!!

• Funny KH.

When he saw DH gazing  at JA like a love-sick fool :tongue: he just had to hand him over the shades to lessen the intensity..bwahhaha.

• KH is awesome too by asking DH to live with them when YH left.

• YH will stay in US until son finishes college?? at that time the kid is probably still in grade school, long way to go til college.  Spending more, and more years apart is clearly not an effort at all to save whatever is left in their marriage.

• This is not to condemn YH any further...but in Seoul when she and DH were living together, she still managed to get into an affair....what more when she's miles, and miles away overseas.. if she did it before...can she not do it again??? Hah!

So i think, since the MA audience is divided into two (the Shippers and the Non-shippers)...
In order to satisfy both they wanted to do "two versions" of the ending...  well i guess they did that two versions AND MIXED IT TOGETHER... thus the bipolar ending.
:mellow:

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes in life, we meet someone who changes us completely. From the inside out. Someone you can't bear to be away from, someone you would give up your life for. And when you can't be with that person, it hurts so much you want to kill someone. You want to die.

A long time ago, I met someone like that (not the same person LOL). He got into a car accident trying to save me from another accident. It was literally like one of those scenes in a Korean makjang, both of us in wheelchairs at the hospital (both of us recovered fine).

I never realised how deeply in love I was with him until the very end. And then, it was too late. 

Even today, I just have to hear him breathe on the other line -- and I know it's him.

This, I thought, was the ending that Park Hae Young wanted to portray. Everything was leading up to this conclusion - the one great love you can never be with because your stars are crossed.

Until Park Dong Hoon's breakdown. The major epiphany of his life. That if he didn't do somethingnothing would ever change. Cue lush greenery, blue skies, and smiling until his cheeks hurt. And then she walks right back into his life.

So even though I agree 100% with @noor1's observations and sentiment, I have drawn a completely different conclusion. And for me, there is no other interpretation:

Dong Hoon is Ji An's greatest love. And she is his greatest love.

And they've just walked back into each other's lives.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

41 minutes ago, berny said:

Okey i am so not over with my rant yet too....  angry-smiley.gif

I was trying my very best to let it pass ...those photos on his office desk... but

Reveal hidden contents

I was thinking (to pacify the team-YH audience, okey they had to put a picture there...but why so many? one would have been enough...If just to be fair on both sides, they should just have left his office desk bare... or just put a cactus plant on it...whatsoever :angry:

• But to pacify my own irritation... that photo of  him and the brothers on his desk isn't it just part of SH's dream/fantasy ?  So i guess it's what YH's photos represent  too ... unreal... and will never be real anymore !!!

• Funny KH.

When he saw DH gazing  at JA like a love-sick fool :tongue: he just had to hand him over the shades to lessen the intensity..bwahhaha.

• KH is awesome too by asking DH to live with them when YH left.

• YH will stay in US until son finishes college?? at that time the kid is probably still in grade school, long way to go til college.  Spending more, and more years apart is clearly not an effort at all to save whatever is left in their marriage.

• This is not to condemn YH any further...but in Seoul when she and DH were living together, she still managed to get into an affair....what more when she's miles, and miles away overseas.. if she did it before...can she not do it again??? Hah!

So i think, since the MA audience is divided into two (the Shippers and the Non-shippers)...
In order to satisfy both they wanted to do "two versions" of the ending...  well i guess they did that two versions AND MIXED IT TOGETHER... thus the bipolar ending.
:mellow:

Curse them all (arms crazily gesticulating towards the sky mouth frothing)! haha I can imagine you doing in frustration. But i feel you. It is so cleverly bipolar, I think if we watch this again some other time, like many months or years from now, we might get a different interpretation of this drama, esp how it ended. :) 

On another note (sadiesmith), when I see photos of some scenes of DH's unguarded looks at JA I fall right back into this drama. I am trying desperately to let go!!! :bawling: misaeng is not doing it. I'll try signal. Here it goes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

rRrxHY.gif

3NRt9c.gif

No matter how you interpret it, this scene is just (heartwarmingly / heartbreakingly) beautiful.. It's been a week and I can't seem to let this drama go... The withdrawal is real..

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, kdramafanlsk said:

Curse them all (arms crazily gesticulating towards the sky mouth frothing)! haha I can imagine you doing in frustration. But i feel you. It is so cleverly bipolar, I think if we watch this again some other time, like many months or years from now, we might get a different interpretation of this drama, esp how it ended. :) 

On another note (sadiesmith), when I see photos of some scenes of DH's unguarded looks at JA I fall right back into this drama. I am trying desperately to let go!!! :bawling: misaeng is not doing it. I'll try signal. Here it goes.

@kdramafanlsk, judging from your username, are you a fan of Lee Seon Kyun's?  If yes, watch This Week My Wife Will Have an Affair instead, if you haven't.  It will help.  It's not just about affair, it's about how a man goes to the internet when he suspects an affair.  Totally not Dong Hoon.

I think many of us are still salty that we were denied the break of all that built-up intensity.  All the hints helped ease the pain, but when you long to see that strong chemistry go somewhere, no amount of subtleties is ever going to be enough.  And I've waited for LSK's kiss scene long enough, d*mn it!

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1