[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

15 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

I read somewhere that she'd actually come up with this drama before Another Oh Hae Young. If if that's true, thank heaven because I'd not have forgiven her if My Mister was screened before AOHY!!!!!! :blush:

I strongly believe they muted the "romantic" interaction between the OTP. However, there's no way they could have changed the entire storyline without destroying the drama.

I'm lost too!!!!

but I'll admit, I'm glad to have my life back!! This drama had consumed my everything!!

I can now prepare for a CAT next week and start thinking about my Master's dissertation... (maybe I can include this drama in my paper.:))

I'm currently rewatching My Spring Days because the current dramas might insult my intelligence . :D

Another Oh Hae Young feels like it was written by a completely different person. It started off strong but the second half was just meh....

I'm planning to rewatch My Ahjussi. But I can't at the moment.  It's just going to be...too much. Just watching @Kimchi Sweet Potato's fan MVs makes me want to cry already. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

12 hours ago, fauna said:

I’m not so sure about that. When the age gap dramas were first announced, there were some downright vicious comments from non-Korean fans.

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/11/20/three-huge-age-gap-korean-projects-coming-2018-mr-sunshine-ahjusshi-love-sling/

I also think LSK was perfectly cast in this role. Not just because of his looks and acting skills, but his voice. I can totally see why someone would listen to his voice all day, fall in love with it, and recognize it instantly after being apart for 2-3 years. He really does have the sexiest voice. Fans nicknamed him The Voice since his Coffee Prince days.

I remember reading those nasty comments at Koala's blog and my heart broke because I was already eagerly anticipating My Ajusshi. But have you seen her latest post on My Ajusshi?  All the comments are 100% love and support for our beloved!  What a complete turn-around:

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/05/19/tvn-drama-my-ahjusshi-ends-with-high-ratings-and-acclaim-from-critics-and-audiences-alike/

• Like 12

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I remember reading those nasty comments at Koala's blog and my heart broke because I was already eagerly anticipating My Ajusshi. But have you seen her latest post on My Ajusshi?  All the comments are 100% love and support for our beloved!  What a complete turn-around:

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/05/19/tvn-drama-my-ahjusshi-ends-with-high-ratings-and-acclaim-from-critics-and-audiences-alike/

@sadiesmith  said even koalasplayground  blog has turned around and support our beloved 100%

This reader says:  That is the emotional power of My MISTER that each episode is a different challenge, a different angst, that is dark yet uplifting, depressing yet joyful, tearful yet funfilled...that even A KOALA BEAR SHIPPS IT!!! 

PS:  this reader didn't know koalas watch tv.  they generally appear on TV chewing eucalyptus leaves while clutching the branches, rather than the other way around.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

20 hours ago, oregonahjussi said:

One thing seldom mentioned is how deeply Jian was emotionally connected to DH through the phone bug.  She was like a pocket lover with him intimately sharing every moment of his day and night if she so desired.  She could listen to him brushing his teeth, undressing for bed, sighing, yawning, sleeping, or waking up in the morning.  This level of intimacy put her on an emotional plain DH could just not feel.  JA’s emotions were focused on DH exclusively while much of DH’s emotions were based upon a reaction to his personal loneliness.

The drama casually stepped over the deep emotional angst JA must have felt when she moved to Busan and was totally cut off from him.  No listening, no phone calls.  Only those of us who have suffered great loss can understand the hollow of her pain.  Still she managed to persevere and overcome it all.

I’m posting this link to a song that my daughter wrote as a tribute to Jian’s hopefulness that overrode despair during the long dark night of her soul as she slowly healed from the loss of her connection to DH.  Whether her wish came true we will never know.  It’s a safe YouTube video and I’ll just pretend it’s a FanTrack OST. 

If anyone likes it and wants to translate the lyrics to Korean that would be great.

You watched the show with your daughter? Wow! That's so cool! I hope to be able to enjoy the same films and dramas with my daughter when she's older. What did she think of the show?

That's a lovely song. Well done!!

• Like 6

My Mister’ Heroine IU Shines in the Last Picture From Drama Filming

May 18, 2018Posted in ActorsCelebTV
IU-My-Mister.jpg?resize=559%2C537&ssl=1

A picture of IU, who is currently staring at the popular drama ‘My Mister‘ was released.

Recently, one Internet user posted a message on social networking site, “18.05.17 – Me with IU (Lee Jieun) #MyMister #Ending # IU #Lee Ji Eun” along with the photo. In the released photo, IU is smiling at the camera as her white clear skin shines and draws the attention.

1. [+588 / -120] It must be annoying for the antis. They have been shouting “die” since ‘Good Day’ release, but she is still going on strong ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  2. [+585 / -131] Good acting without any awkwardness, the drama was touching. Good job IU.
  3. [+407 / -105] Good.. Lee Ji Eun..ㅋ
  4. [+61 / -22] You are really pretty…
  5. [+49 / -14] If we will ever see an angel, it probably would look like IU.
  6. [+44 / -16] This drama is the best.
  7. [+43 / -11] It is nice to see that IU is happy. It is so sad that it is the last episode ㅠ The ending, as well as the entire drama, was well made. I had enjoyed it well.
  8. [+42 / -18] Good acting. You are now a great actor.
  9. [+39 / -20] IU gave a good fight to the other actors around her. Nice.
  10. [+39 / -18] I think you judge IU too quickly. Have you seen the drama? It actually was really big!! Fighting!!

(Source)

Posted this earlier on my office pc and it appeared ok but just saw that it doesn’t on mobile.  

So trying again on mobile. 

First of all, I'll just say it off the bat, I'm a fan of IU and I noticed people blindly hating on her lately
I stumbled upon people saying how "IU is constantly pushing the misogynistic culture" as a comment and I felt so frustrated that I'm here to write a post

uTq4T0OJ0GpWZZpOWulLi9jFLMT55CMJ27JB-PLOD3DIYi9dC0fm27UNRmoic01ElC2qMkRir85cUSiMxPqie_fcoQK55d2RwPjzyBYhw4gXbmPhalexaXO3lqhyl_0RLbm6Dr4rmA=s0-d"Seonyoung-ah I love you, Can this country become less harmful for Seonyoung?"
2Leur5XbDFNU4DiVANw0znWCOO2ikShSfZv20TB54AVa1yI1GyXiXH8ncT03zaqLvNVm_z5GO-Lxg4TfEXs-TFtcymS1Co3RIe75jTiVBpjG2OVIPEh_DymIkTDQiPHXyLCjnyUPkA=s0-d"Seonyoung-ah, although you don't have makeup, I love you"
3WaEmbtaHS88bxsS44JgMw2WB4REy_aEHkzwLXJ_Rfdk_gBZJerNgw-MpsY5Sd7aaTCAcVNROQwNYEQPyymadbiMf6BksRfF1c2cQEfjC-hr0t9UGyNparTbdv7snGBajdHIS04r4g=s0-d"Seonyoung-ah, although you don't diet, I love you"

That's an ad she shot,

She even wore a feminist t-richard simmons and recommended feminist movies
IU's Black Out lyrics include "Mrs, miss" only. She understands that there are sexist remarks with marriage that's why she included "Mr"

And I don't understand why no one mentions My Ahjussi's writer, and other male characters like Lee Sunkyun, Jang Kiyoung? You know that what you're doing right now is exactly what misogyny is?

By the way, Suzy and Luna are following IU, so why don't you diss them too?

post response:

[+502][-140]

original post: here

ㅇ |2018.05.22 10:25 신고하기
By the way, there's no romance at all in My Ahjussi and the dialogues are beautifully written in every episode, it's a masterpiece.. ㅋㅋ

ㅇㅇ |2018.05.22 09:53 신고하기
For real, what those people are doing right now is misogyny itself ㅋㅋㅋ So whatever doesn't fit their agenda, they'll call it misogyny?

ㅇㅇ |2018.05.22 10:26 신고하기
The same people dissing her were the ones also bashing her when she promoted feminism, people seriously ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They just hate everything

모유비누 |2018.05.22 10:51 신고하기
People who swear at My Ahjussi has never even watched it, the drama is a warm story that talks about taking care about the misfits of the society. It shows the haters' class turning it into a kid and an oldie's love story

ㅇㅇ |2018.05.22 11:29 신고하기
But I feel like IU is one of the most independent-minded female celebrity out there

https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2018/05/enter-talk-ius-misogyny.html

• Like 6

Y-aaahhhh !  these photos are attacking me...i will sue this public display of saccharine gaze and giddy smiles.

big-eyed-smiley-face.png

seq1.png

seq2.png

Spoiler

seq3.png

seq4.png

Y-aaahhh!  Park Dong Hoon just try to give me some of these sexy smiles and smirks..and i'll not be responsible for my next action in public dribble-smiley-face.gif

seq5.png

seq7.png

:wub:

• Like 11
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

How is everyone fairing? I feel lost :(

Need a new addiction stat!

Not ready to move on completely, but I suppose I need to tend to the business of my own life.  Feeling sad that this thread is slowing down.  Tried to rewatch from episode 1 last night and it was a little hard. Having been used to the brighter newer episodes, episode 1 felt very bleak with everything taking place at night and the many shots of the subway tunnels only adding to the depressed state of things.  Can't stop being in awe of the director for thinking of these little mood-enhancing details.  Noticed that ever since the ladybug incident, Dong Hoon repeatedly glanced Ji An's way, even as he got out of the subway, he turned her direction multiple times.  He was intrigued right from the start.

I can't wait to get to the good part.  It will be a slow re-watch for sure.

Another instagram post from what a production member?

• Like 15

I feel so greatful for this thread. I go to this thread every time I miss the drama and it REALLY cheers me up. If it hadn't been for this amazing thread I would just stare at their pics, rewatch the clips on youtube and start to feel melancholic to no end lol. I also got a better understanding of many scenes thank to you guys!

Don't feel like watching any new dramas atm too ;_;

• Like 13

On 21.5.2018 at 4:49 PM, justamom said:

I can't agree more! Yes, that was just so, so obvious, I don't understand how the Korean audience could have viewed it in any other way. That whole voiceover was just so tender and intimate, there was just so much 여운 (lingering feeling in their voices). But I suppose the heart finds what it wants to find.

Correcto! But it wasn't just that it was tender and intimate, he has never spoken to her this way, if you recall. 

It was always quite I dunno.. matter-of-factly, or pity-party kinda talk. He has never ever asked her about her feelings. This was the first time. But certainly not the last :)

19 hours ago, timidjock0819 said:

The subtlety of the love line I was ok with because if anything the show didn't budge on their tone. Although, I admit that at one point I was frustrated by the lack of clear delineation of DH's feelings. I initially hated episode 15, my real time reactions  from that episode were not favorable.  However, I rewatched episode 15 again and those scenes with Jian were a confession from DH. May I also add that episode 15 was also a hallmark that the love triangle was clearly brought up the surface with YH-DH-Jian sharing the same screen together. JYD is right when he said, you people surely have interesting lives (effin jerk:lol:). Again, not our typical k-drama love triangle where both women fighting over the affection of a man, with wrist grabbing etc.. But it was clearly indicated that YH and Jian respected each other in some ways and were trying to figure out their feelings and their next decisions. 

Upon re-watching last night, I just realised the awkwardness of the encounter in front of the police station. 

DH: YH, meet JA. JA, meet my wife. Oh, nevermind. 

The trio have shared the screen together before, right before the phone booth reveal. But of course, DH & YH didn't notice JA lurking in the distance. 

12 hours ago, berny said:

And the SUBBING CONTAGION sabotage continues...

JA  :  I am going to Busan...

DH :  How are you going there...?

Huh? Are you serious? Is this from Dramafever too? 

@nearsea Erm... So this is embarassing...  I dunnno how else to do this, so I just took a video of the cafe scene. Haha. Here you go. Hope you can make out the subs. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

@Joseph Lim said:  "No Sleepless rainy night song have nothing to do with My Mister:tongue: The only relation is that the singer is our very talented actress Lee Jieun / singer IU. I was just informing mujay that there is an official video of the song she is posting that's all. "

Did not know people rapped in 1992.  As to the singer...doesn't look or act any thing like Lee Ji-an!  Bring back  our Lee Ji-an,...Lee Ji-eun!  That is one confusing set of names!  Feel like dealing with double personality (multiple personality disorder)! !!

Actually IU is a Girl Group consisting of Cindy, Hae-Soo and Lee Ji-An:o J/K.

Not sure which of her MVs best represent Ji-An persona. May this?

Or this?

• Like 5

1 more point to add before I zonk out, or head to fan fic land :tongue:

Some believe that the VO (is that what it's called?) at the end, where DH asked JA if she's found some comfort in her life is a telepathic chat... a fantasy element. 

The concept of telepathy was never introduced throughout the show. 

However, episode 15 & 16 introduced a new concept to viewers twice. "Tell, don't show". 

First VO (in the past): Revealed a conversation JA had with DH, regarding GI. We were never shown this scene [we first hear of this conversation in epi 15, via flashback of the three kids] 

Second VO (in the future): DH asking JA if she's found comfort, etc. We were also never shown this scene. 

Both VOs relate to JA. One closes her old chapter, the other opens a new one. 

Edited by ccl82
Added some details...
  • Like 14

6 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

1 more point to add before I zonk out, or head to fan fic land :tongue:

Some believe that the VO (is that what it's called?) at the end, where DH asked JA if she's found some comfort in her life is a telepathic chat... a fantasy element. 

The concept of telepathy was never introduced throughout the show. 

However, episode 16 introduced a new concept to viewers twice. "Tell, don't show". 

First VO (in the past): Revealed a conversation JA had with DH. We were never shown this scene [we first hear of this conversation in epi 15, via flashback of the three kids]
Second VO (in the future): DH asking JA if she's found comfort, etc. 

Both VOs relate to JA. One closes her old chapter, the other opens a new one. 

Yes! Good insight about the two VO.

Since the first time I heard the VO at the ending, I thought it was the present and the future overlapping. This is why I'm convinced they are together, happy! :D 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

Yes! Good insight about the two VO.

Since the first time I heard the VO at the ending, I thought it was the present and the future overlapping. This is why I'm convinced they are together, happy! :D 

Me too. I have zero doubt they end up together. My advice for those who keep having doubts is to just go with your gut, or what you felt upon your first watch. Mind you, there are nasty subtitlists out there... hehe. G'night!  

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, oregonahjussi said:

One thing seldom mentioned is how deeply Jian was emotionally connected to DH through the phone bug.  She was like a pocket lover with him intimately sharing every moment of his day and night if she so desired.  She could listen to him brushing his teeth, undressing for bed, sighing, yawning, sleeping, or waking up in the morning.  This level of intimacy put her on an emotional plain DH could just not feel.  JA’s emotions were focused on DH exclusively while much of DH’s emotions were based upon a reaction to his personal loneliness.

The drama casually stepped over the deep emotional angst JA must have felt when she moved to Busan and was totally cut off from him.  No listening, no phone calls.  Only those of us who have suffered great loss can understand the hollow of her pain.  Still she managed to persevere and overcome it all.

I’m posting this link to a song that my daughter wrote as a tribute to Jian’s hopefulness that overrode despair during the long dark night of her soul as she slowly healed from the loss of her connection to DH.  Whether her wish came true we will never know.  It’s a safe YouTube video and I’ll just pretend it’s a FanTrack OST. 

If anyone likes it and wants to translate the lyrics to Korean that would be great.

@oregonahjussi and @mujay expressed similar sentiments about Ji An and her lonely days in Busan as she learns to let go of Park Dong Hoon and to start her own life as a fully functioning adult in society.  Not only is she intimately familiar with his voice, breathing, footsteps, etc., but after the hug she also has his scent in her memory that she will also have to let go.  Just thinking about it makes me teary all over.  Thank you @tiger457_stv for showing us how despite all that she emerges stronger than ever.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ccl82 said:

Erm... So this is embarassing...  I dunnno how else to do this, so I just took a video of the cafe scene. Haha. Here you go. Hope you can make out the subs. 

Omg, can't believe you have gone to the trouble of recording this video for me. You are a sweetheart! :wub::wub: Thanks so much. 

I have also stumbled upon the sub done by kind V from dramamilk, [thanks to noor's pestering haha, so partly the thanks goes to her too]

Don't know if it has been posted before:

'

DH – My Kid and my Kids mom want to stay there until he goes to college.
Friend/Colleague – (no subject) spoke some English before?
DH – We sent him for English. Recently he is giving me a hard time because I can’t speak English. Pronunciations….ah. It’s different than our times.
Friend/Colleague – In English, if you can convey your meaning….haha
DH – Hey, can we do that? (Or we can’t even do that.)

That is a topic on DC as well because the phrasing they chose (and that is commonly used in Korea) makes it unclear.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how to fix the translations on other sites. I hope this helps though 

'
So we can assume that DF has totally misinterpreted this important scene. He isn't even talking about yoon hee here. It's just their kid. I had a heart attack watching the scene for the first time thinking whether I totally got it wrong lol. Because before the time jump we see how he finally broke down and let out the tears. And him crying is a  big deal like his mother said. I can totally see that the shadow of past has left him and he's finally a new person, a reborn person, and same goes for Ji An. Who still looks at him the same way but has her own persona, not the pitiful ji an who would hide from people because she has so much history. I hope ji an would get to know that dong hoon is finally ready to reciprocate her feelings now, which he couldn't do last time. 
  • Like 17

I was going through Sotong_Q's quote thread for My Ahjussi... and I felt that these two quotes describe the last scene for DH. When DH took the initiative to shake (hold?) JA's hand, didn't he finally let his heart fly away? I don't think these details from prior episodes were accidental...

iBuBRj7.jpg

https://twitter.com/Sotong_Q/status/990468342627557376

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1