Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I am rather shocked with the offer to IU as the female lead; totally didn't see it coming.  I was hoping for someone like Kim Go Eun, who although young seems to have this mature aura about her.  IU seems just young, and green in acting.  I am very very curious what the director's though process is in choosing her.  

@sadiesmith  Yeah. As you can see from my previous post where I mentioned several young actress, I didn't even thought of her as well. I thought of Nam Ji Hyun (22) actually, but anyway,  perhaps it has to be a woman in her 20's. I guess  didn't say if it were late or early 20's ( right?) so probably there's that innocence to it?  But the character of the female lead is said to be also carrying burden just like the Ajusshi. They'll turn to each other for comfort and healing. This is like  heavy drama.  Update says "to romance Lee Seon Kyun" so this has the feelz of that Jo Jung Suk IU drama Best of Lee Soon Shin. Something like that.  Also pairing reminds me of that J-dorama I watched couple of years ago   Love Song starring Masaharu Fukuyama and Sakura Fujiwara where characters experience devastation and burden but comfort, help, heal each other. They have more than 20 year age gap IRL.  This early, I'm telling ya, LSK and IU probably won't end up together. We ll I don't know. But lets see. 

By the way, I've only watched IU in one drama and that's the one with JJS.  I will watch a drama as long as story is good, high quality, well written script, well acted. It doesn't matter who the actors are.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, jongski said:

Also pairing reminds me of that J-dorama I watched couple of years ago   Love Song starring Masaharu Fukuyama and Sakura Fujiwara where characters experience devastation and burden but comfort, help, heal each other. They have more than 20 year age gap IRL.  This early, I'm telling ya, LSK and IU probably won't end up together. We ll I don't know. But lets see. 

By the way, I've only watched IU in one drama and that's the one with JJS.  I will watch a drama as long as story is good, high quality, well written script, well acted. It doesn't matter who the actors are.

Yes, I have started Love Song too (dropped somewhere because of RL hassles) and I like how the 'romance'is kept at a minimum but more of a special friendship between the two of them .

I am but curious on how the story will unfold in this drama. Let's see.

• Like 8

I am now very very worried that this drama will never see the light of day because of IU's fans' very strong reaction against her casting in a story with an older man.  It seems like many people are strongly opposed of a romance between a man in his 40s and a woman in her 20s, never mind that they are both adults, that this drama never even emphasized the romance, and that there is a strong production team behind it.  Sigh.  I would be over the moon if they go ahead and produce this with a different actress, someone whose acting better matches LSK, but I am very pessimistic.

• Like 3

IU, Na Moon Hee, Oh Dal Su, and Song Saebyeok have all confirmed!

DOfRYi8VoAAk6NE.jpg

I'm really excited for this drama. I loved Na Moon Hee in Goodbye Solo and Dear My Friends. I adore both Lee Sun-gyun and IU too, and the tone of the drama sounds like it will be right up my alley!

I always get a little excited when the core cast isn't just the main leads and their supporting lead romantic interests (i.e. love quadrangle). I hope Na Moon Hee will have a prominent role throughout the show.

I don't have an issue with the age difference, but I understand some people get sick of similar themes, and there are a few dramas with large age gaps airing around the same time. I'm not going to bother with the negative reactions to cast/content this early on, it hasn't aired yet, and so far, it sounds as if they will approach the age difference meditatively.

Edited by liabilities
  • Like 7

My jaw dropped at this latest news.  I almost didn't believe what I was reading because I already convinced myself that IU would not dare take this role due to the recent fans' meltdown, and that LSK and the production team would be too intimidated by the controversies and decide to cancel the whole thing.  My hats are tipped to everyone involved for showing guts to move forward.  Hope this means they have faith in the script and the director.  

@liabilities, Na Mun Hee is a very established actor, so I think she will not be wasted in this.  

Now to sit back and watch IU's fans having the second round of mass meltdown.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I am anticipating this drama. LSK is an excellent actor and I liked IU a lot in Producers. And she has the fresh, young look to her which might suit this drama. The writer/director team is strong. What matters the most is a good script. Lets hope My ajhussi does well:) plus my fave NMH is here too.

• Like 4

IU Confirmed To Join Lee Sun Gyun In New tvN Drama As Main Cast Members Are Announced

My-Ahjusshi.jpg

tvN’s 2018 drama “My Ahjusshi” (working title) has finalized its main lineup, which will feature Lee Sun Gyun, IU, Na Moon Hee, Oh Dal Soo, and Song Sae Byuk.

“My Ahjusshi” will be directed by Kim Won Suk, who has worked on productions like “Incomplete Life(Misaeng)” and “Signal,” and the script will be helmed by Park Hae Young, who worked on “Another Oh Hae Young.” The story will be about three brothers who are enduring the weight of life in their own ways and a cold and distant woman who has suffered many hardships throughout her life as they learn to enjoy life and heal their past wounds.

Lee Sun Gyun will play Park Dong Hoon, the second oldest of the three brothers. He works as an engineer at an architectural firm and always has a safety-first approach to life. He is quiet and stoic, but also goes all in for the people he loves.

IU will play Lee Ji An, who is enduring many hardships in life. She is tasked with finding out Park Dong Hoon’s weaknesses at the command of her boss, who runs a company she is temporarily working for, but soon ends up falling for his warm charms and learns to trust someone for the first time. IU had previously been reported to be in talks to join the drama, and today’s main cast announcement has confirmed her appearance.

Oh Dal Soo will play Park Sang Hoon, the eldest brother. He is a middle-aged man who was fired from his job and then ran two failing businesses, which ended up in him being chased out of his own home. Though he has to live under his mother’s roof, Park Sang Hoon is a romanticist at heart who always thinks about ways to find happiness.

The youngest brother, Park Ki Hoon, will be played by Song Sae Byuk. He was once seen as a genius director because an independent film he shot when he was twenty was invited to the Cannes Film Festival. However, 20 years have passed since his glory days and he has yet to successfully launch his career as a movie director.

Lastly, Na Moon Hee will play Byun Yo Sun, the mother of the three brothers. She will play the role of a loving mother who worries about her eldest living apart from his family and her youngest, who has yet to get married despite being over 40.

The “My Ahjusshi” staff stated, “We worked very hard on offering roles to actors who can really bring their characters to life in a relatable and warm way, and we’re very excited to be working with them all.”

“My Ahjusshi” is set to air in 2018 as the follow-up to “Mother,” and filming is set to begin in December.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/12/iu-confirmed-join-lee-sun-gyun-new-tvn-drama-main-lineup-announced/

• Like 10

After IU confirm as cast, k-net reaction is mostly positive. Translation by NB.

'My Ajusshi' completes line-up with impressive cast list

Monday, November 13, 2017  iu, korean dramas, lee sun gyun, my ajusshi, tv  No comments

ajusshi.jpg

ajusshi2.jpg

Article: [Official] 'My Ajusshi' Lee Sun Kyun, IU, Na Moon Hee, Oh Dal Soo... best line-up completed

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+4,037, -382] An Oh Dal Soo drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋ can't wait

2. [+3,507, -515] So it's not going to be a romance drama but a healing one, I'm liking the casting

3. [+1,945, -386] This is looking good, hoping for a daebak!!!

4. [+937, -111] Really loving the cast so please don't make a love line between Lee Sun Kyun and IU

5. [+488, -89] This is a family drama, please don't become fixated on the age gap and call it a makjang romance drama.

6. [+384, -56] So we're sure there's no love line in this, right? I enjoyed IU up till 'Moon Lovers' and I think it's more appropriate for a drama like this to not have a love line ㅜ

7. [+1,028, -294] It's not a romance drama, guys... it's a good line up so fighting IU!!!!

8. [+690, -186] Oh.. hearing that it's not romance but more of a healing, growth drama makes me excited!

9. [+327, -66] As long as it's not a romance drama, it's fine... ㅋ the line up is amazing though ㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+230, -54] It's a healing drama... you can tell just by the producers + cast line up. It definitely won't be another boring love story. Hoping for a daebak!

-

Cr: http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/comment/list?oid=109&aid=0003659932

• Like 5

Spoiler

So glad to see another update.  The addition of Jang Ki Yong could mean IU might have a love line with him instead of with Lee Seon Kyun's character.  I mean, the production team will not just bring in an actor who has done romantic music videos with IU, knowing they will have a lot of viewers' support, only to have him left broken-hearted.  Right?  This is what I hope for anyway.  I want the two main leads to have their own separate love lines.  

• Like 3

On 11/8/2017 at 4:55 PM, Go Seung Ji said:

The romance between IU and Lee Seon-kyun was totally unfounded after all. People just like to jump to conclusion before seeing the bigger picture:(

• Like 4

DEC 9 2017

Lee Ji-Ah cast in tvN drama series “My Ajusshi”

DQlOJRoUEAEthwg.jpg

Lee Ji-Ah is cast in upcoming tvN drama series “My Ajusshi” starring Lee Sun-Kyun and IU. In the drama series, Lee Ji-Ah will play major supporting character Kang Yoon-Hee. She is married to Park Dong-Hoon (Lee Sun-Kyun). Meanwhile, Park Dong-Hoon is going through difficult times and a younger woman played by IU goes through similar difficulties. They help each other.

Filming for “My Ajusshi” begins this month and the drama series will first air sometime during the first half of 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-ji-ah-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-my-ajusshi

• Like 8