[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

35 minutes ago, mushroomsoupie said:

Seems like there's a correlation between the movie that Ki Hoon mentioned  (movie title is Nobody Knows (2004)) and why DH cried.

Found this comment on Reddit by Download19 that said:

it would makes more sense that donghoon was crying because of his wife leaving him because his younger brother's monologue of the movie is about kids whose mother leaves them(throws them away) so they have to fend for and heal by themselves. ...

That part where DH cried really break my heart, because I feel like at that time DH was the only one not moving forward. But thank goodness for the time skip! I can really see the change in his demeanor. Which is why this one moment at the cafe,  when we can hear him talk with so much joy and comfort to his colleague (and he's talking this comfortably to someone else other than his hoogye neighbors!) puts my mind at ease. He's not miserable anymore. You can compare how he speaks in episode 1 and 16 and the difference is huge! DH has come a long way!

What bothers me is actually Ji An's aura and facial expressions. Is it just me who can still sense some lingering sadness and pain on her face and body language? I really thought she's going to be more enthusiastic than this, once she gets to meet DH. Is it because she's shocked and unable to react? DH seems to be the more cheerful one compared to JA now. Or maybe I'm being too sensitive? Idk.

All in all, i enjoyed the ending for what it was.. I gave this show 10/10. Would definitely rewatch.

When I watched that part when he cried (and of course, I cried with him), I thought that he was remembering about how Ji An was abandoned and abused by her mom and certain others - what a horrible life she had to lead for so long.  Sort of like, it hit him all at once like a ton of bricks.  I didn't think that it could be about he and his wife getting a divorce, but I guess it could be that.

I thought Ji An's expressions at the very end were believable.  If they had been too much of an aboutface, it might have come across as not in keeping with her character whose life, before Mister, was unthinkably cruel.  She's acclimatizing to her new found life, enjoying getting coffee with the office girls.  Her smiles were not huge when compared to others, but considering they're coming from her who previously would not even look people in the eye when spoken to, they were huge.

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, kappy said:

When I watched that part when he cried (and of course, I cried with him), I thought that he was remembering about how Ji An was abandoned and abused by her mom and certain others - what a horrible life she had to lead for so long.  Sort of like, it hit him all at once like a ton of bricks.  I didn't think that it could be about he and his wife getting a divorce, but I guess it could be that.

I thought Ji An's expressions at the very end were believable.  If they had been too much of an aboutface, it might have come across as not in keeping with her character whose life, before Mister, was unthinkably cruel.  She's acclimatizing to her new found life, enjoying getting coffee with the office girls.  Her smiles were not huge when compared to others, but considering they're coming from her who previously would not even look people in the eye when spoken to, they were huge.

Actually you're right! I forgot that the time skip hasn't been that long since JA bid farewell with DH and moved to Busan.. Probably only 1 year ? :) 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, brose_stv said:

What he said in Korean is 애엄마, which means "(my) kid's mom". Shame that the translation didn't get the nuance of that and just went with "wife". If kissasian lifted the translations from dramafever, then yikes a LOT of people are going to misinterpret that...

Thank you very much!!!!! :heart:

Then this is why people on Kissasian are thinking they are still not divorced. Yeah, shame!!!

Thank you again! Everything is rose now and the sun is shining brightly!! :D

• Like 7

10 hours ago, justamom said:

Oh yes! That was another OBVIOUS sign that they're no longer together.

Previously, he always called Yeon Hee 집사람 (chib saram), literally family person or my wife (formal).

But now he calls her 애엄마! My kid's mom! That's an additional level of separation.

It's a BIG CHANGE!

So she's still family, she will always be family, but she's the crown prince's mom. Not his wife or the empress. Just the crown prince's mom.

I really, really like how they showed that.

Ah sorry I missed this. She is the one next to IU!

Yeah. This is why I was confused when I watched it (and this downplayed my pleasure and understanding of the end). As you had pointed out, the pictures on the desk is so telling! When they showed that I thought it was genius, because, if we have in mind two thing: first, before DH had always 2 pics too - one him with his son and another the family pic, he took these same pics and put them on his new "director desk"; second, YH's complain that she, him and their son should be his family; add to it the fact that throughout the drma they showed many times his family pics, and now I think to show through images the state of his marriage.

So, when they showed again two pics of his son, but now both only with the mother (without him) and another pic where we can see him, but now with the three brothers, I imediately thought: game over. We are seeing here two families (in YH's [mis]conception), and he gave to her the custody of the son. 

Imagine my despair when after that I read "my wife" lol !!!!  

EDIT: @noor1 Thank you for bring here that comment. The more I get the details, the more I think this writer is genius. I was a bit surprised during the last two episodes because DH many times called, refered to "my wife", I think he used more this word during episodes 15-16 than during the 14 first episodes. But now I got the purpose of it: make clear the change in the way DH adress YH at the end, the change from "wife" to "son's mother", in this context is huge and significant. And now I understand the writer's choise to show this specific topic of conversation, because it was very important to say to the viewers that he was deffinitively separeted from YH. So, now that we know he is separeted (probably divorced) he meets JA and there isn't no more moral constrains to their (possible) relationship. 

BTW, if JA knew the way DH adressed YH before, and if she heard the conversation now, she would probably know that they were separeted. 

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

Thursday evening, this reader saw the entire 2 last episodes after reading so many heart wrenching comments on soompi.  Was too tired and drained to think.
Friday morning...time to gather thoughts... the story is supposed to be about HEALINGS:

1) Engineer Dong Hoon (now CEO Dong Hoon) keeps making excuses for why his wife is not living with him....but there are clues.
His wife went abroad with son, took some test...year later, was still abroad.
In his CEO office there is picture of son and wife.   Son was never introduced in the drama,except by voice and by photos.
Lawyer Yoon Hee publically accepts her mistake with the affair and willingly helps Lee Ji-an (her rival) navigate the intricate court system.
Lawyer Yoon Hee shed tears when she left the Directorship party at Jung Hee.
The look on Lawyer Yoon Hee's face when she deposited Lee Ji-an the waif back to Jung Hee's and witnessed the latter, gather Ji-an to her side.
Everyone at Salman knew about the disgraced CEO affair with then Director Dong Hoon's wife.

All these facts point to 1 conclusion:  Lawyer Yoon Hee and Engineer Dong Hoon, as parents of a wonderful child,  has decided to separate but possibly not divorce as yet, waiting for the child to grow up.   Lawyer Yoon Hee has confronted her mistake publically, and with her reputation in tatter, has decided to make a new life in America (where she has family), studying and retook the American Bar Exam... this way she can be reborn and start anew, in a foreign land where no one needs to know about her past.  It is doubtful that son knows anything about the affair.   The adults probably told him that mother is there to make sure he studies.

Kudo to her!  This reader feels admiration for this intelligent, competent and courageous woman.  She, due to midline crisis and loneliness caused by her marrying the wrong man, marrying into the wrong family, has bravely confronted her mistake and confess publicly ...thus giving her a chance to mend her shattered life. In America, she can get a fresh start....as pretty as she is, she will likely find a new mate who would value her (probably an Anglo lawyer who would find divorcee not so much a stigma as in conservative Korea).

The interaction between husband and wife speaks clearly of cordiallity, all resentments are gone, and no doubt Engineer Dong Hoon would not hesitate to call Lawyer Yoon Hee for advice...(law advice).
They are friends, and all is forgiven.

@justamom thought that they are divorced..which is plausible due to the hints from the photos of mother son, father son, but no mother and father together.  At least the picture of the three brothers shows their unity... and for the eldest, his dream of being a rich blacksuited guy was achieved.

ONE HEALING PERSON DOWN!

2) Engineer Dong Hoon does not eat with those he doesn't like (CEO said so).  He rarely shows emotion or ask for anything (mother and brother said so) so when he does, it is serious.  He hates to show vulnerability in public.

After Ji-an left for Pusan, and his wife went to America for 2 weeks to prepare for a test (discussion with mother) he ate take out food and cry.  Does he cry because a) he miss his wife?  b) he miss his leaning post, his support system when he hurts inside?

When he is stressed, with whom can he discuss his feelings frankly, without feeling shame and unease:  a) mother and brothers  b)  Jung Hee & the Gang  c) his wife Yoon Hee   d) some cold kid he met at the office?

Flash to the future, he has left Salman and forms his own company with his three musketeers.  the company, albeit small, seems to be thriving and they are all busy.
Winter is over,and every where there is bright light and rich colors.  CEO Dong Hoon smiles when asked if he regrets leaving Salman and missed out on his 20th year bonus if he had stayed 1 more year.

He seems more relaxed and smiles broadly when some well dressed young woman from the past suddenly appears after a long separation.  They were awkward for a moment since both are accompanied by office mates.  In an intense and brief encounters they reintroduces themselves awkwardly, then shakes hand awkwardly for 22.5 seconds
before he lets go of her finger.  He awkwardly smiles broadly, then looks sideway and seems slightly embarassed (they are on the street and there are people watching).
the last time he awkwardly smiles like that was when they drank beer in episode 7 and he choked....and when he was cheered by office mates for his promotion.
He introduces himself proudly as the CEO of his own company (something that his wife suggested years ago), and confidently asks her to visit his kingdom.
She offers to buy him a meal and he grins and accept.  He smiles and grins for a total of 2.45 minutes.
When they reluctantly parted (she had colleagues who wait for her to come back to work), he looks back and smile.
He smiles even broader when telepathically he asked the young woman if she had found some comfort for herself and knew that she said yes!...and walked away strutting confidently.
Two soulmates who truly understand each other, speaking their own special languages.

Those who believes in stars and planets, will rejoice, seeing a sense of destiny.
Those who see a beautiful and deep platonic friendship will rejoice.
Those who wish for a heart wrenching farewell of two now healed lonely people, also will rejoice
Those who shippss see the beginning of a new romance with all its courtship and angst, will rejoice.

TWO HEALING PERSON DOWN!

3) Lee Ji-an the abandoned and wounded waif, who did not trust adults...who only shows a cold, rude exterior....went through a touching funeral of the only family member she has... her Halmeoni.  She should be more depressed, more withdrawn, more distrustfull of the grown up world....

BUT, the new and improved young woman, now with longer hair and better dressed (this reader previously insisted from the pre-release photos that she looked the same hahaha) walks and socializes confidently with other young coworkers.

When she meets an older Ajusshi, she hesitates but then confidently introduces herself and offer to buy him food and he readily accepts with a broad grin.  they shakes hand...for 22.5 seconds.  Then pressed for time since she is an office girl, she walks away with her colleagues smiling, glances back then walks away confidently...saying yes twice to a telepathic question:  Ji-an (without the ssi)  were you able to find some comfort for yourself?

Those who believe in stars and planets interprete engineer dong hoon's question as (Ji-an, do you believe that our planets and stars are aligned) and say YES!
Those who see a beautiful platonic relation think of the question (Ji-an, isn't it great that we remain good friends) and say YESSS!!!
Those who wish for a heart wrenching farewell think (Ji-an, you lifted me up so I can stand on mountain,  thanks for knowing you...may you live a happy life...we are not meant to be!!) and say YESSS!!!

AND Those who shippss believe they hear engineer dong hoon asks (Ji-an, are you happy that two soulmates can be together again?) and say YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

She even teaches classes for disable people, giving some thing to society.

THREE HEALING PERSON DOWN!

4)  Finally Jung Hee, two Ajusshi Cleaning Brothers and the GANG are all in the same condition economically as they were 1 year earlier.  But they smile broadly, going
about their mundane daily chores with light heart. KiHoon abandons his girlfriend, who now has become a more successful actress, his guilt abated.  Jung Hee smiles, finally having the heart to heart talk with the one she could not let go for 27 years.
All things forgiven, all anguish and angst disappeared.... contented...a tiny community, in a tiny town, at the edge of a huge metropolitan where souls can be easily lost...
but they have each others!

MANY HEALING PEOPLE DOWN!

This reader will ape the many Soompian in saying that he has never seen a story as dark and sad yet bright and uplifting as this drama!  and some how, all the dark secrets come to light, so that everything can be reset...to the beginning!   Kudo to the team who produces
this gem.  Kudo also to the many soompian who has gone on this roller coaster journey and share your thoughts  with this engineer ajusshi!  There are too many of you to list so this reader will simply say...you know who you are.... Thank you@!!

PS:  Today this Ajusshi won't be in foul mood toward his people in the office!

• Like 16
  • LOL 2

40 minutes ago, brose_stv said:

Got an opportunity to watch the final episode again. The first time, I had to watch it on my phone while doing other things so I couldn't fully absorb everything. This time I was able to watch it on something bigger than a taco, with my full attention. After watching the episode again and reading through a lot of the great comments here, I've found immense closure and satisfaction in the ending.

I previously mentioned that I "definitely" think they divorced, but I'm going to have to retract that statement. I don't think it is 100% guaranteed that they went through a divorce. However, whether they divorced or not is completely irrelevant in my opinion. They may not have gone through with a legal divorce, but they have clearly gone through a mental and spiritual divorce. First of all, just take a look at how YH looks at Ji-an.

Reveal hidden contents

Yikes, right? Furthermore, I found it so odd how after Dong-hoon said his final goodbye to Ji-an and called his wife, his wife said "beer" in such a cold manner, without any warmth. Clearly, the marriage was never meant to work out. And as expected, the marriage did not work out, as proven by YH leaving the country to be with her son... for a very long time. They may not be legally divorced, but they're separated and are practically as good as divorced. My assumption is that if they did not in fact go through with a legal divorce (which no one but the writer will ever truly know -- but like I said, it's irrelevant) then one reason could be for the sake of their son, at least until he goes to college perhaps (which, might I add, is actually realistic and true to the characters). Another key scene is when Dong-hoon is telling his mother and brother about his wife leaving for the US. His demeanor was like "She's leaving to live in another country. Yeah, whatever." and I got flashbacks of the coldness and lovelessness between the couple during the early episodes (actually throughout the whole drama). Also, the scene where Dong-hoon breaks down while eating and looking at the family portrait hanging on the wall... You don't cry like that when your spouse goes on a vacation. You cry like that when you and your spouse have separated. Knowing how hard Dong-hoon tried to save his marriage throughout the drama, regardless of the fact that there was no love in the marriage, it must have been very, very hard to go through with the separation. However, it was absolutely necessary and it had to be done. Because his marriage was one of the main things that was making him unhappy.

What happened after DH and JH separated? Dong-hoon came out strong and he is thriving. Dong-hoon is COMFORTABLE and SUCCESSFUL and HAPPY. Meanwhile, his wife continues to live with their son, separately from Dong-hoon. Knowing Dong-hoon's upright character, he maintains an amiable relationship with JH and even has their pictures on his desk. JH is still in his life, but not as a "wife" but as his son's mother. The scene at the cafe actually starts with Dong-hoon talking about his son before he even brings up "my kid's mom". His first line during that scene is him saying "In American age, he's 14." The conversation is specifically about his son, so of course he's going to bring up the mom who's living with him overseas.

Ambiguous things:

• Did DH and JH get a legal divorce? (pffft doesn't even matter :D)

Unambiguous things:

• DH and his wife have separated because clearly their marriage didn't work out. It's OVER.
  • DH is thriving! Which means that his separation from his wife was a good thing (not to mention leaving his company and starting his own -- his two key points of unhappiness throughout the drama had to do with his marriage and job after all.)
  • Ji-an is also thriving! She has become "normal" and is doing very well in society.
  • Ji-an is clearly still in love with DH.
  • DH is absolutely ecstatic to see Ji-an. Now that he is truly free from the things that made him unhappy, he is the one who initiates, and of course Ji-an happily accepts.

Come on, gang. Even though the drama doesn't completely spell it out for us, they sure have left A LOT of clues! There's only ONE direction where things can go, as far as I'm concerned. :)

I'm beyond impressed by how consistent, classy, and subtle (yet meaningful) this drama has been. The ending is true to the spirit of the drama. For me at least, the 30 second "hand shake" and promises of seeing each other again left me more than satisfied and confident about what's gonna happen between the two protagonists.

Also, another poster mentioned that during the final scene, the expression on the two main characters was sad. Not for me. The look on their faces was that of comfort and affection (and a look of determination on Ji-an's face, perhaps she's thinking "I'm not gonna let you go this time, Mister.")

@brose_stv said the look on their faces wsa that of comfort and affection and a look of determination on jian's face, perhaps she's thinking "i'm not going to let you go this time, ajusshi"

You should see the movie  il mare from 2010.  the ending is the same....except that the man in the past smiles broadly at the woman in the future and said "I would like to tell you a long amazing tale"...he also was determine to not that let that woman go.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9

@nearsea

Spoiler
  4 hours ago, hushhh said:

From my perspective the reason MY Mister works better as a philanthropic love than romantic love is that romantic love makes the story smaller than it seems.  There is nothing unexpected about caring or going out of your way for someone you love.  It is a much more hopeful story when someone, when a community goes out of his/its way for a relative stranger because that stranger is a human being.

3 hours ago, nearsea said:

I don't understand why romantic love would make the story look smaller. IMO you are looking down at romantic love tbh. Of course whether you see romance or not that's a different question but saying romance or love between two is something trifling, silly or vain or nothing to write home about, I find that a bit too extreme. Even if people don't want to acknowledge Dong Hoon's feelings, they will have to admit that for Ji An, Dong Hoon has been one true love. She risked her life for him and for a certain period her only wish was to see him happy , she hanged on to his breath, his words like her only lifeline. I don't think that's just out of  philanthropic concern.

In any case I myself personally think that their love for each other made them go beyond the superficial territories of bodily love, lust that people these days think 'love' is all about. True love will make you wish each other happiness, joy in life whether you stay in each other's arms or not. Although in my mind they would be together but true love would be like selfless and honest as Ji An's was for Dong Hoon. I don't see the  insignificance in that. To say love between two people is selfish then I guess  even a mom's love for her child is selfish lol. Love is not a vulgar thing , it goes beyond superficial attraction towards good visuals if anything . But of course each to their own.

@nearsea I have no idea why your response reads as if it is responding to a personal attack on you or your belief system--It is not.

I have no idea why your response reads as if it is defending romantic love from my attack, since I did not attack romantic love.

Your opinions are your own, however, from my perspective I've done nothing to support it.  I'm not sure where you found the words "trifling", "silly", "nothing to write home about" or "vulgar" used pertaining to romantic love in my post.  It unfortunate that you find something "too extreme," but I don't know where you found that extremity, because it was not in my post.

While I'm not looking down on romantic love, I'm sure you would agree that in a free world it would be my right to do so, since I am not hurting anyone nor am I insisting that anyone give up their adherence to the idea/ideal of romantic love.  

Yes, I saw and acknowledged JiAn feelings for DongHoon and acknowledge it in the post you excerpted.

I have no issues with romantic love in dramas.  99% of the k-drama's I watch (and discuss on Soompi) have romantic love at their center.  

The explanation of what I meant by "romantic  love" making THIS STORY small is explained in the excerpt you posted but I'll try again. While "I" and "me" and a very specific "you" is intrinsic to romantic love, philanthropic love is focused on a generalized humanity.

Quote: True love will make you wish each other happiness, joy in life whether you stay in each other's arms or not. Although in my mind they would be together but true love would be like selfless and honest as Ji An's was for Dong Hoon. I don't see the  insignificance in that. To say love between two people is selfish then I guess  even a mom's love for her child is selfish lol.

I'm not sure what a mother's love for a child has to do with romantic love unless you are making that a [weird] parallel between DongHoon and JiAn.

Yes, true romantic lovers are generous to each other, a love between two people is a beautiful, warm, small circle, just large enough to hold two. Small.

Philanthropic love tend to embrace a generalize humanity, much larger.

The Marriage Contract is a beautiful story of romantic love, that I never once saw as a story of philanthropic love.  

• Like 1

The ending was fitting and satisfying, thank goodness.

I feel like I have a million things to say but everyone else has voiced similar opinions quite well.

DH - JA

I always thought that for DH and JA to stand a chance, DH needs to leave the company and of course make a decision on his marriage. I think those two things were addressed. As much as the ending was open to interpretation, the hint of a possibility was there.

Actions people, that smile and lingering stare said it all.

KH-YR

Happy she is doing well and KH is trying again

SH

Who knew his actions would make me ugly cry? The tears just kept coming the moment he started calling people. That scene at the funeral was beautiful and well rounded.

KI

Baby steps. He is at least headed towards a better life.

JH - Monk

As much as my heart aches for JH, them not getting back together was the most realistic outcome. She appeared to have had some closure in spite of the pain. If he was truly going back to her, he would have done so years ago.

No scene in this drama was wasted. The dialogue was fresh and captivating. Goodbye My Mister, I am glad the characters found their happiness. During this journey, I certainly enjoyed the hours spent on this show.

Now, what to do on Wednesdays and Thursdays?

Final FMV OST Part 8:

• Like 24

15 minutes ago, aisling said:

My question went unanswered... So I ask again: does anybody know what Ji An meant by “If I stay here, he won’t be coming to the bar”? Why? Why would he avoid her?

I'm still rewatching ep 16 and working through my thoughts, but here's how I interpreted it: DH knows best that he's undeniably drawn towards JA, and that the more time they spend together - notably, in front of all his neighborhood friends - the more it would be obvious what his feelings for her truly are. And he wasn't ready to declare his love for her to the world, at that stage. I think he is ready though during the final scene.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, aisling said:

My question went unanswered... So I ask again: does anybody know what Ji An meant by “If I stay here, he won’t be coming to the bar”? Why? Why would he avoid her?

I thought it a bit weird because he went to the bar at least once. But, if he was avoiding her I would say this is for the same reason he was avoiding many things: afraid not being able to restrain himself. This is the only explication, and I would call it evidence that he was in love (but couldn't and even not want to be), and that he was at his limit. Only a "romantic" reason could explain his avoiding that place, imo. 

• Like 19

31 minutes ago, aisling said:

I am wondering the exact same thing chingu! Thank you for asking this. Somebody please tell us why!!!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hushhh said:

From my perspective the reason MY Mister works better as a philanthropic love than romantic love is that romantic love makes the story smaller than it seems.

Hushhh, I have no issues with the way you look at their relationship. What I found a bit hard to take is the line quoted above. According to this, I took it to my mind, that you find romantic love as something vain or having a limited capacity, and according to your belief, it limits/ questions the true nature or purpose of their sacrifice/efforts for each other.  

There is nothing unexpected about caring or going out of your way for someone you love.

I raised the example of mother and child's love since you are saying there is nothing unexpected about romantic love. It is conventional and normal, so you mean there is nothing extra ordinary about that. My point was that it is pure and selfless as well like any other form of love like a mother's love for her child. 

unless you are making that a [weird] parallel between DongHoon and JiAn.

Lol no I am not, I am sorry if I made you feel that way. I guess I wasn't clear enough. :)

Edited by nearsea
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, nearsea said:

Of course whether you see romance or not that's a different question but saying romance or love between two is something trifling, silly or vain or nothing to write home about, I find that a bit too extreme.

@hushhh I am really sorry, I wasn't thinking about your comment when I added this line. I apologize. I think I was writing this in reply to someone who said some pages back that  how ji an is not fit for someone of dong hoon's age as he's past his prime [?]. So kindly ignore my post. My original point was that I don't find romantic love any less meaningful than any other type of love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know the ratings were posted earlier, but here it is with the average percentage of all the ratings:

Date Episode Nielsen Korea (%) TNmS (%)
Nationwide Seoul
2018-03-21 01 3.923 4.467 4.6
2018-03-22 02 4.133 4.786 4.1
2018-03-28 03 3.373 4.102 3.9
2018-03-29 04 3.611 3.851 4.3
2018-04-04 05 3.936 4.838 3.7
2018-04-05 06 4.038 4.468 4.6
2018-04-11 07 4.487 5.234 4.7
2018-04-12 08 5.313 5.671 4.6
2018-04-18 09 4.803 5.413 3.8
2018-04-19 10 5.824 6.472 5.6
2018-04-25 11 4.965 5.926 4.6
2018-04-26 12 6.035 6.572 5.5
2018-05-09 13 5.635 6.227 5.3
2018-05-10 14 6.468 7.374 5.5
2018-05-16 15 5.819 6.221 5.7
2018-05-17 16 7.352 8.170 7.2
Average 4.982% 5.612% 4.9%
2018-05-02 Special 3.187 4.008 3.0
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, aisling said:

@aisling @philosophie  thank to your question, this reader went back and saw the hug which due to sleeplessness, he miss completely!  thank you @h2ogirl.

To your question of why ji an said:  If I stay here, he won't be coming to the bar"...…

this is the paraphrase of that statement:  I have finally found redemption thanks to Ajusshi and He also has found release from his torments.  It is now for both of us to reborn "like the spaceman with 1M roses, who longs to rediscover his planet...his heart".  We need time and space to meditate, to breath to heal and come out as new people.  My staying here, will impede Ajusshi progress, and burden him further with my problems.  I am now not a needy waif, but a young woman who is learning confidence to step out into the world.

I will find my way, and so will he....so farewell again.

what she left unsaid is.... Will our destiny cross for the third time???  …….That question was answered at the end.

• Like 10