[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

19 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

Would you deny a hug to your friend/sister/disciple after something awesome s/he did in your favor? :huh::wink:

If you’re not exactly feeling very brotherly/fatherly/friendly towards her. :rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, justamom said:

No no, just your friendly neighbour over the Causeway feeling excited :)

Why will there be a holiday if they win/lose?

If BN wins.... Public holiday on monday and tuesday

If opposition wins.... Tomorrow n friday declared as public holiday. 

Thanks for your concern and excitement. We have been waiting for this. Never in history election results still not fully announced even already passed midnight. The sign is good... Someone is scared. 

You can understand korean, is it? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, danielassny said:

Thanks for your concern and excitement. We have been waiting for this. Never in history election results still not fully announced even already passed midnight. The sign is good... Someone is scared. 

It's a stunning political story. Who would have imagined? I haven't been following the news closely, only paid attention last few days. BN/PH already announced public holiday if they win? That's a nice bonus. No such thing here :)

Simple Korean, yes. Still a beginner. My listening is good because I watch a lot of dramas tho...LOL

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, noor1 said:

I am going to go on a rant right about now and I don't care how it sounds.......

- DH just debunked theory of every shipper out there: he and Ji-An are just each other's anchors who met at a difficult time in their lives and he needs or cares for her just as a support system, not a woman. Either that or he is a big moron still in denial. Writer needs to make up her mind, instead of fishing the net for ratings. This whole 'do they / don't they, will they / won't they' is getting on my nerves now. @maryofbethany I agree with you on the selfless part and it's a great, life-affirming trope. I just think that's all there is to it post-Ep.13 - at least as far as this guy is concerned! (he's complicating everything - so what is he going to do when he sees her again? Give her another lecture? A hug? Thank her for the slippers? More healing?) He's just going round in circles. Maybe it's important for him to realize his 'non-platonic feelings' for Ji-An and that can only happen if she is 'missing' even if it is for 3 days. We already know DH will run, like crazy, to her (once he knows she is back at her place) - SO WHAT?! - I don't care anymore! I don't even care whether he gets a divorce from that b**** of a wife of his! I'm also getting tired of this whole 'Ji-An, Ji-An conversation' at work. Writers, turn a freaking page! There's more to life than a supposed non-starter of an affair (which IS an actual emotional affair) with an intern! And those stupid endless 'healing' walks through shabby, bad neighborhood! FGS! Grow Up, DH and Ji-An and writing team!

P.S. the writer of this series has had viewers (and DH) by their balls or whatever since day one: she let Ji-An be seen as a young, pretty but disheveled, always panting, open mouth, eyes averted, totally direct no-filter, strong character - indirectly sexualizing her in front of this naive, straight-laced, boy scout of a guy (who wasn't getting any action at home) - basically a 'dominant' to his 'submissive' - which is part ofJi-An's appeal to DH (the indirect sensual appeal). She's ballsy/ gutsy, he's laidback/ passive. He gets to feel like a romeo without any action; he gets to save her without any medals; he gets to be around her without any commitment / 'labels'. This is not life. This is fantasy. The writer's (and viewers) fantasy. And it's idiotic, not romantic. 

On top of it, there's this emotional connection despite a difference in everything else. And DH keeps explaining it as if it's nothing more than just a support system ('who will understand it?' he says this time around). Unless this drama pulls up its socks and gets real - and DH makes a decision: Ji-An as a road companion or Ji-An as a lover, and then spells it out to her - it's lazy writing. 

- Ji-An has turned into an irritating character all in the span of a single episode! Why is she roaming in JY's hotel room as if she owns the place? Who does she think she is? She's a measly, lowly, 5'2", 40kg girl and anyone else would have broken her neck and thrown her in the river a long time ago! I don't see why JY puts up with her and doesn't just ask one of his goons to get rid of her as soon as she leaves his room or tells someone to come up and do the deed right there and then or at her place?!! No one (other than DH) would even miss or look for her (her friend will be in jail). The drama is a good (adult, serious, strong) author-backed vehicle for the singer IU but the concept of her being alone in rooms / pathways with old, powerful men and calling the shots is very unrealistic. 

- Also, I think the writer has set up the death of either DH or Ji-An at the end - or so it seems from this episode. 

I did not like Ep.13, period (apart from the poor brothers  + DH's desolation).

Well. As far as everyone knows DH and JY are two competitors for the director position. And Jian clearly gave a statement that support DH's credibility. If she's getting severely beaten by people, is it possible that all attention will be on JY as the one behind it? (As a petty action to become a director).

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, justamom said:

It's a stunning political story. Who would have imagined? I haven't been following the news closely, only paid attention last few days. BN/PH already announced public holiday if they win? That's a nice bonus. No such thing here :)

Simple Korean, yes. Still a beginner. My listening is good because I watch a lot of dramas tho...LOL

Malaysia is very generous with holiday. Lol

I could understand some familiar korean words but when they are lumped up to form a speech, I could not figure out what they talked about. 

I am thankful that My Ajusshi actually giving light and open up people's perspective on large age gap romance. To allow people to see the beauty in it. I feel connected to it somehow. 

47 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, danielassny said:

Really, BN will down fall:o

Wow...it's such great news, does the oposition screapped ISA?  who will won, Mahatir  or Anwar?

• Like 1

@africandramalover (and all SLA fans) when you get to it, that scene when Ji An asks to hug him.

DID YOU THINK OF THE SAME THING??? 

:blush:

I wonder if it was a deliberate reference to Secret Love Affair.

40 yo Hye Won, 20 yo Seong Jae's mentor, visits his house. She is visibly moved after his rendition of Liszt's Espagnole Rhapsody

HW: Come, let me give you a hug.

SJ: (expression turns serious) No. Let me give you a hug.

Cue the most erotic, sensuous hug in K drama history...

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, aisling said:

I’m little disappointed that wiretapping wasn’t revealed today. I think they really need to deal with it! It’s essential for the  story how DH will cope with that revelation.

I think JY will reveal to DH about JA working for him, along with her wiretapping. This will put DH in difficult place since JA was involved with getting Park Dong Woon demoted. Maybe the writer intended to make it easier for DH to forgive and accept JA breach of his privacy as her wiretapping will be the only connection left for them to communicate (which he is in desperate need of, though he could not heard her, he knew she is listening). Well, my guess of course.

4 minutes ago, mujay said:

Really, BN will down fall:o

Wow...it's such great news, does the oposition screapped ISA?  who will won, Mahatir  or Anwar?

Mahathir and Anwar stand under the same party against Najib. But Anwar not contesting, he is in prison but giving blessings to Mahathir to stand under his party. This is going to be history making. 

LOL. I keep asking this question.... Are u Malaysian? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, noor1 said:

I am going to go on a rant right about now and I don't care how it sounds.......

- DH just debunked theory of every shipper out there: he and Ji-An are just each other's anchors who met at a difficult time in their lives and he needs or cares for her just as a support system, not a woman. Either that or he is a big moron still in denial. Writer needs to make up her mind, instead of fishing the net for ratings. This whole 'do they / don't they, will they / won't they' is getting on my nerves now. @maryofbethany I agree with you on the selfless part and it's a great, life-affirming trope. I just think that's all there is to it post-Ep.13 - at least as far as this guy is concerned! (he's complicating everything - so what is he going to do when he sees her again? Give her another lecture? A hug? Thank her for the slippers? More healing?) He's just going round in circles. Maybe it's important for him to realize his 'non-platonic feelings' for Ji-An and that can only happen if she is 'missing' even if it is for 3 days. We already know DH will run, like crazy, to her (once he knows she is back at her place) - SO WHAT?! - I don't care anymore! I don't even care whether he gets a divorce from that b**** of a wife of his! I'm also getting tired of this whole 'Ji-An, Ji-An conversation' at work. Writers, turn a freaking page! There's more to life than a supposed non-starter of an affair (which IS an actual emotional affair) with an intern! And those stupid endless 'healing' walks through shabby, bad neighborhood! FGS! Grow Up, DH and Ji-An and writing team!

P.S. the writer of this series has had viewers (and DH) by their balls or whatever since day one: she let Ji-An be seen as a young, pretty but disheveled, always panting, open mouth, eyes averted, totally direct no-filter, strong character - indirectly sexualizing her in front of this naive, straight-laced, boy scout of a guy (who wasn't getting any action at home) - basically a 'dominant' to his 'submissive' - which is part ofJi-An's appeal to DH (the indirect sensual appeal). She's ballsy/ gutsy, he's laidback/ passive. He gets to feel like a romeo without any action; he gets to save her without any medals; he gets to be around her without any commitment / 'labels'. This is not life. This is fantasy. The writer's (and viewers) fantasy. And it's idiotic, not romantic. 

On top of it, there's this emotional connection despite a difference in everything else. And DH keeps explaining it as if it's nothing more than just a support system ('who will understand it?' he says this time around). Unless this drama pulls up its socks and gets real - and DH makes a decision: Ji-An as a road companion or Ji-An as a lover, and then spells it out to her - it's lazy writing. 

I don't watch too many Korean dramas, but as I've often seen, the kiss/ hug/ arm pull - i.e. stronger/ definitive indication of interest - happens earlier on. Maybe this is how it is in real life for some people: they're in the right place, they know what they want, they get what they want. 

In MA, we're into episode 13, and people are still debating on whether he likes her or not. Maybe this is how it is in real life for some people: they're not in the right place, they go round in circles, they may or may not get what they want. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

At this point my expectation is really low, about the drama going the romance route. But ji an wanting that hug, I had a heart attack then and there! This show needs to give me some minutes before dropping bombs like this one haha.

I do think they are more visiting the romance trajectory [ in a really vague-ish way,] judging from the live recap and all, but is dong hoon going to stay with yoon hee? I just feel uncomfortable thinking about shipping a married man with someone single. Also when it comes to dong hoon I can't detect a thing. He's like a wall, can't figure him out. :/ What does he think about ji an? I wish once and for all he speaks his mind. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m little disappointed that wiretapping wasn’t revealed today. I think they really need to deal with it! It’s essential for the  story how DH will cope with that revelation.

For my part, I think that this is another ambiguity in the show: I can't say for sure that he still doesn't know that she is listening. 

• Like 5

You know what realize about this show...don't try and predict it. Also I have found that every time I get a little frustrated with one episode, I am always pleasantly suprised at the end. All in all I happy with this episode, and I think that I will appreciate a lot more with subs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, noor1 said:

I can understand [ at least think I do lol] where your frustrations are coming from. I was really okay with the inertia, the slow process that the writer was taking us through until this episode, I was okay with the waiting, but we only have like 2 episodes left [I am not taking ep 14 into account since we saw in preview there isn't going to be any confrontation  between them probably], so will they ever have that heart to heart discussion? The chances are quite slim maybe.

If at the end all we get is DH living his miserable life as before and ji an somewhere far away living her life like a zombie I would think all my investments in this drama have been a complete waste. I hope I am wrong. 

1 hour ago, noor1 said:

She's ballsy/ gutsy, he's laidback/ passive. He gets to feel like a romeo without any action; he gets to save her without any medals; he gets to be around her without any commitment / 'labels'. This is not life. This is fantasy. The writer's (and viewers) fantasy

The setting/ backdrop was really there, I can even feel the chemistry when they are quietly walking around their neighborhood so it's a shame that nothing is happening. I don't know is the writer trying to keep it as realistic as real life when sometimes there are sparks between people but fizzles out because of lost chances? Or maybe they meant it when it was said that there won't be any romance in the audience meet. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, nearsea said:

[I am not taking ep 14 into account since we saw in preview there isn't going to be any confrontation  between them probably],

The preview for ep 14 says "Dong Hoon erupts"....

@danielassny and all my friends across the Causeway, group hug! good night and enjoy the public holiday tomorrow :)

• Like 3

So in this recent episode, two will be tracking down and wanting to catch JiAn and her friend? first Director Park and also JY who deployed a goon.

It's interesting what GI did in this episode though..He was asked by JY's goon if he knows who that computer-geek friend of JA is ? and did he avoid answering or pretended he doesn't know him? I think if i remember it right, some epidodes back, GI already met him and he even beat up the poor boy.

And also GI getting the boy's computer files before the investigators/goons arrive and access it... why did he? 

Is he turning a new leaf? or does he want to have control of it and give them to JY in exchange for money?

--------------------------------------

No Kdrama is perfect, there are flaws and holes. But what's important is, it can and is evolving.  Can anyone even name a "super" perfect Kdrama in terms of script, directing, acting and most important of all the ending. 

I still believe that MA is a breakthrough drama, and it's interestingly different. 

• Like 12

I'm surprised to see people were expecting a definitive answer to the relationship conundrum in this episode. It's the thirteenth episode y'all not the sixteenth. As someone said in this thread earlier, that's the game. The writer is not about to give it away in the penultimate week of the show.

giphy.gif

And even at the end we may not get a definite answer, as an open ending is very much in the cards. I know most of the folks here do not want an open ending but personally I would not have a problem with it. In some instances, I might even prefer it.

Speaking of the episode, all the scenes involving the three brothers were A++++. All three actors just hit it out of the park!

Dong Hoon was literally killing me in this episode. I obviously didn't expect him to hug Ji An. Ji An didn't expect him to hug her either. No one, who knows anything about Dong Hoon would expect that from him at that moment.

But good god, he literally spent the rest of the episode reacting to her/thinking about her. Even in the scenes with his brothers, she was not far from his mind. He was being so obvious about it, I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. Good lord, someone please help this man to process his emotions in a healthy way.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, arctichare said:

I'm surprised to see people were expecting a definitive answer to the relationship conundrum in this episode. It's the thirteenth episode y'all not the sixteenth. As someone said in this thread earlier, that's the game. The writer is not about to give it away in the penultimate week of the show.

And even at the end we may not get a definite answer, as an open ending is very much in the cards. I know most of the folks here do not want an open ending but personally I would not have a problem with it. In some instances, I might even prefer it.

Speaking of the episode, all the scenes involving the three brothers were A++++. All three actors just hit it out of the park!

Dong Hoon was literally killing me in this episode. I obviously didn't expect him to hug Ji An. Ji An didn't expect him to hug her either. No one, who knows anything about Dong Hoon would expect that from him at that moment.

But good god, he literally spent the rest of the episode reacting to her/thinking about her. Even in the scenes with his brothers, she was not far from his mind. He was being so obvious about it, I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. Good lord, someone please help this man to process his emotions in a healthy way.

I so agree with you! And yes, it was me who said we won't have any definitive answer before episode 15, and probably at its end. I will be very surprised if this happen other way out. 

I was very surprised how the story shows his obvious behaviour in regards to JA at the office. Me, at the office, will say: look he is into her!!! But I will wait for the subs to have a better judgement about this episode.

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images, thank you.
  • Like 9

I haven't watched the new episode but why are some of you judging DH for not hugging JA??? Hello??? He is still a married man, we're talking here about DH who hasn't done anything reckless in his life unless his family is threatened or he is under extreme circumstances. And what, if he hugged her, then people would've started complaining how he still has a wife and how he also became cheater like YH. Dude's in his 40s, he isn't some kind of teenage boy to jump at a girl any time he gets the chance. 

Watching the clip, he did exactly what he should've, no matter how much I might want to see some kind of skinship between JA and DH. There are still 3 episodes to go, let's hope for the best

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1