[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

@mujay said "This office girl really don't know , with whom she tried to mess with:huh:"

Office Girl plays with fire and got burn!  This reader wonders,  if Ji-an ever become the wife of CEO Park....How would Office Girl

address her then??  Hahaha

@mujay  The office scene confrontation in episode 13 above is great!  The horse face Director Yoon causes the big ruckus (rude individual who does not fit to be director) the engineer almost blow his top and going to confront him, but calm down and one engineer said he likes Ji-an.  Of note Ji-an clothing seems to have improved (she probably has more money now that she paid her debt).  she probably does not need to wash dishes and eating left over anymore either.  Overall her lots in life is much better.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

@ccl82   We are all FISHES......  HOOKED by My Mister!

I decided I am Catfish nosing around every where looking for more information!  If you are a My Mister fish, what would you be??

@africandramalover  this reader totally agree with you about marriage contract.... the Japanese version of it which came out in 2010 was NAGAREBOSHI (Shooting Star), with different ending that you will like.  It was probably one of the best Japanese show.  Another unusual Japanese show was Mitsu no Aji (a touch of honey)...about difficult to reconcile relationship.

I liked very much marriage contract, and loved loved loved Nagareboshi!!!! :) 

• Like 2

Yeon Sang Woo (the monk) just gave a short but really deep speech to his followers. I loved it. Only understood bits of it though. Here's one:

"Why have we come here on this cold day? We're in the mountains so it's even colder. We've come to look for our heart. We all have hearts. So what are we looking for?"

Jeong Hee breaks down and asks him to leave.

The monk returns and eats with his disciple. Flashback: If in our hearts we feel fondness (we like something), then nothing on the outside will be hateful to us.

:bawling:

• Like 5

OMG THAT ENDING!!!!! 

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

He knows she's gone. He misses her so much. He leaves to find her.

The show doesn't tell us. Dong Hoon's face says it all.

This is not just a show. This is ART.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

PREVIEW FOR EP 14

I guess Dong-hoon explodes tomorrow... And way to try and maintain suspense over whether Dong-hoon gets voted in as director when the next shot shows him in a black suit :D

Also, I am in love with Ji-an / Lee Ji-eun keeping her hair down here!!

6 minutes ago, justamom said:

OMG THAT ENDING!!!!! 

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

He knows she's gone. He misses her so much. He leaves to find her.

The show doesn't tell us. Dong Hoon's face says it all.

This is not just a show. This is ART.

???? 

How does tonight episode ended? I only catch the preview of episode 14 on youtube. 

9 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

acceptance .
understanding.
compassion.

these 3 elements were what touches me deep each ep between Dh and JA.. selfless acceptance,  selfless understanding. selfless ocmpassion. its a long time ago that i keep crying after every ep, ep after ep, when i watch a drama. this drama tortured me deep. i loved the character of DH deeply. felt identified. and its not even about the actor actually. had seldom felt so deep about a drama...

every week it choked me at my throat watching DH suppressing himself.
thats why i kept away from writing post here. am not very myself whenever i watch this week after week. jaebal, let DH experienced a deep never regreting love, at least for once, in his life. whatever one ask for some times, is to have at least a 'Once' raw, honest, selfless, surrendering, commiting --- love.

(ok, yes, i ship both of them, painfully.

back to my rabbit hole.)

watching JA walked away.. is like a part of DH life slipping away. can he breathe again, without her?

@maryofbethany, i miss your post, let's me cried with you, their love so beautiful,can DH just hug her their longing soul should melt in warmth hug.:bawling:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am going to wait for the final subtitles. My initial reaction based from the recaps. Is Dong Hoon going to be ok without Jian? This is  not just love isn't it? Jian is like his reason for breathing and living. It looks like he will literally die without her. Jian why the hell did you leave?:dissapointed_relieved: Our ajusshi as always doing the unpredictable, my heart couldn't stop beating the whole time. I always thought Jian was the one more into DH but this episode throw a huge freakin wrench into that belief. DH is just as crazy and his world literally stopped without Jian. WTH is going on here? Their longing for each other is so intense that it hurts my heart seeing them apart.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, danielassny said:

ow does tonight episode ended? I only catch the preview of episode 14 on youtube. 

Interview morning. Lee Ji An is not at her desk. Dong Hoon asks the gossippy lady to call her. No answer. Try again. No answer.

Don't worry, hoobae says. I'll call her.

Interview time. They question all his previous projects. Then Director Yoon flashes a photo of Ji An. Why did you choose her. Running? What's that?

I chose her because she's good and smart. People with good specs don't stay.

Flashes Lee Ji An's photo. She's good? She's a murderer.

Silence. Dong Hoon stews.

It's not murder, it was self-defence!

Ji An stops, shaken.

Interview over. Dong Hoon comes out. Ji An's desk is still empty. Team #3 says, you did well. Stony silence from Dong Hoon. He thinks of something and opens the drawer.

Another pair of slippers.

Drawer slams shut. She's gone. He knows. Gets up, his face struggling to contain his emotions. Walks away from his desk.

END.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

I am going to wait for the final subtitles. My initial reaction based from the recaps. Is Dong Hoon going to be ok without Jian? This is  not just love isn't it? Jian is like his reason for breathing and living. It looks like he will literally die without her. Jian why the hell did you leave?:dissapointed_relieved: Our ajusshi as always doing the unpredictable, my heart couldn't stop beating the whole time. I always thought Jian was the one more into DH but this episode throw a huge freakin wrench into that belief. DH is just as crazy and his world literally stopped without Jian. 

He has reached his breaking point. All along, DH has been a time-bomb waiting to explode. 

When his subordinates asked him about the outcome of interview, all he cared to ask about is JA. At times, I wonder if his subordinates actually ignorant or pretended not to know of the fact that DH is in love with JA. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

I am going to wait for the final subtitles. My initial reaction based from the recaps. Is Dong Hoon going to be ok without Jian? This is  not just love isn't it? Jian is like his reason for breathing and living. It looks like he will literally die without her. Jian why the hell did you leave?:dissapointed_relieved: Our ajusshi as always doing the unpredictable, my heart couldn't stop beating the whole time. 

@timidjock0819  This reader has not seen episode 13, but for superstitious people, 13 is not a lucky number, nor lucky episode...  Sound like with the CEO knowing that she is his enemy, her nerd computer game friend saying that they are being investigated, office is a mess with her presence, her unrequited love rejected, she knows she has to leave.... the little wild cat back to being a wild cat after staying near a nice warm home for a while!  What no one expects, is that Ajusshi blows his top (the volcano burst through the snow)!!!  What would it take for him to calm down?  or will he rumble repressed then explode again like so many volcano?)

However, the destiny of Ji-an the wild cat and Ajusshi the icy volcano is intertwined.... so we just have to monitor the volcano and everything will become clear!

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

@justamom So it looks like DH still does not know that JA been wiretapping him?

Anyway, thanks for the update. Just when I thought this drama could not break my heart any further, I am totally being driven to the edge. In the preview, DH looks like he is on the edge of combusting with JA gone. Since she's still listening, she is not as badly affected (though could not see him anymore, she still keeping tab on him) as DH by the separation. But guess I welcome the separation to allow DH to actually confront his true feeling. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

I spoiled myself on the scene where Dong-hoon finds a brand-new pair of slippers; apparently, it's the very end of EP 13:

So Ji-an kept her end of the deal, and the slippers were not forgotten after all! And even as Ji-an leaves Saman E&C, she will be accompanying Dong-hoon through his phone and this pair of slippers. She's so powerful! Her mind... Ugh, it amazes me all the time! We all know her business here is not quite done yet, but it's so easy to take this development and just run with it :tongue:

This does prompt the question of what thoughts were running through Dong-hoon's mind when he decided to check the drawer, though. "Did that girl have the courtesy to buy me new slippers at least??"

(Edit: On second watch, it seems that he had been looking for some file, but still. An audience can dream!)

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

I am going to wait for the final subtitles. My initial reaction based from the recaps. Is Dong Hoon going to be ok without Jian? This is  not just love isn't it? Jian is like his reason for breathing and living. It looks like he will literally die without her. Jian why the hell did you leave?:dissapointed_relieved: Our ajusshi as always doing the unpredictable, my heart couldn't stop beating the whole time. I always thought Jian was the one more into DH but this episode throw a huge freakin wrench into that belief. DH is just as crazy and his world literally stopped without Jian. WTH is going on here? Their longing for each other is so intense that it hurts my heart seeing them apart.

Watching this part, we knew this man lost his precious soul.:bawling:

• Like 7