[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, widala said:

So glad to see the gang hang out together :wub:

I miss them...

But where are the two people we want to see the most?  I think LSK and LJE hang out with the rest of the cast (although not as often especially for LJE given her commitments as IU)  but they probably have an agreement to keep those meetings under wraps to avoid further controversy. Hence, the strange lack of photos,  even personal ones like this one in Oh Na Ra's IG.  I mean,  come on.  It's just too weird that they all became close and keep in touch but everyone else hangs out together regularly except them. :huh:

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, aimark said:

This drama is so good. I just finished it and it's probably my all-time favorite K drama now. Feels. I'm happy I learned about this forum. I'm just gonna back read a lot, for now, to continue savoring the feelings I felt watching My Mister.

Welcome to my ajhussi rabbit hole !!!! We have been camping here since the drama ended and it feels almost impossible to move on. I have even read all the fanfic thrice from start to end !!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Nooooooooooooooo......they are getting more and more touchy !!! Did we watch the same drama !???????

My heart would have exploded if these pic had come during live show broadcast. I can now handle them acting all close since the storm has passed and everything is calm in my mind in my ajhussi compartment block!!!

But still why are they making it so obvious that they are a couple ?? What happened to the ambiguity ... did we all just crack our head for nothing ?? I wish they make a Japanese remake with LSK and put in loads of kisses !!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

So @justamom has been spending time over on DC Inside Gallery lately and today she dug up this treasure:

There are all these golden insights that keep popping up on DC Inside, even today

e.g. apparently the two scenes of Ji An staying with Jeong Hee - calendar in the back shows February in the first, and April in the second, meaning it's been at least 1 month since Dong Hoon avoided Jeong Hee's bar.

Dong Hoon's embarrassed look when Ji An asked to buy him a meal. Someone was speculating that he'd heard Do Joon Yeong's comment "if he eats and drinks with you it means he likes you." Because during the trial, he would definitely have attended and that would have been a crucial piece of evidence.

-----------------
Can anyone make out what's on the calendar on these two scenes?  What do you guys think?
MbaGS3qKLMkjOzARKtdPYjkMN8vciJ4OBFX5kOiLMQwt4P6u909sBWcj78ZxxSRI2vxYT11srIpXnW_NOQ5M4QxaG4tBexlkhOr0GI4R5pazXKea7snTg_SUHEf3lMS2cYFxBnbJ

g1K8uMI_t1TsauQXnpqd82ADK-EPVw6cx8ac1v4pCzgbeTHBl7yj2Hsh-Nr5M1-IJJVitVkjxB-__cSfol3vcbKOm9OrMLMiuzyEQFWjCEHyvt35Wwdm1bpaNv1XwykL1jAzxRGk
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2018 at 4:03 PM, Joseph Lim said:

Where can I find the full-taped interview from Mnet Bang (picture above depicted LSK and LJE answered the questions)? I'm curious about the questions which had been asked to them. Please help me, guys :)

Edited by Guest
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)

More parts have been translated with a lot more to come. 

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/iu-dong-hoons-first-smile-made-me-want-to-cry/

Excerpt:

LSK: (in a small voice) The truth is, I couldn’t grasp my character very well at the start, hahaha. The director said to act what was in the script, but that was extremely frustrating. Whether it was my expressions or delivering my lines, it required me to do nothing which was confusing.

What do you think he meant by "to do nothing"?  Maybe the script was so sparse there was hardly anything for him to go by?  And there were so few lines in the beginning.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

IU was revelation in this drama. Her character and how she portrayed.  Heck we didn't even see her smile till episode7 or 8 was it? The end of the year drama awards, I wish she could be recognized. Often "idols" get "looked down" ( for lack of the correct term) but she did so amazing in this drama.  I'm not a fan of hers but wonderful acting needs to be recognized. So yeah, we'll  when of the year awards happens in December.

• Like 9

On 8/6/2018 at 4:32 PM, sadiesmith said:

So @justamom has been spending time over on DC Inside Gallery lately and today she dug up this treasure:

There are all these golden insights that keep popping up on DC Inside, even today

e.g. apparently the two scenes of Ji An staying with Jeong Hee - calendar in the back shows February in the first, and April in the second, meaning it's been at least 1 month since Dong Hoon avoided Jeong Hee's bar.

Dong Hoon's embarrassed look when Ji An asked to buy him a meal. Someone was speculating that he'd heard Do Joon Yeong's comment "if he eats and drinks with you it means he likes you." Because during the trial, he would definitely have attended and that would have been a crucial piece of evidence.

-----------------
Can anyone make out what's on the calendar on these two scenes?  What do you guys think?

Seriously, this is mind-blowing. It shows (1) how determined Dong Hoon is to maintain a physical boundary with Lee Ji An pre-time skip, and (2) how close Jung Hee and Ji An must have gotten during these 2 months.

Using tvN's 1080p YouTube video screencaps, it definitely says February and then April in the calendar.

Oh, and Lee Ji An's hand is no longer in a cast. Amazing attention to detail. :star:

LtBoJ5c.png

lqFIbbz.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Seriously, this is mind-blowing. It shows (1) how determined Dong Hoon is to maintain a physical boundary with Lee Ji An pre-time skip, and (2) how close Jung Hee and Ji An must have gotten during these 2 months.

Using tvN's 1080p YouTube video screencaps, it definitely says February and then April in the calendar.

Oh, and Lee Ji An's hand is no longer in a cast. Amazing attention to detail. :star:

Folks, this is why the Blu-ray might be worth its crazy high price. :lol:  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

On 8/7/2018 at 4:32 AM, sadiesmith said:

-----------------

Wow, I didn't notice that calendar...

I guessed some time must have past because LJA's no longer wear the cast on her hand, and LJA went to Busan around April because Grandma passed away on April 10.

z4YkKxNl.jpgBut, didn't realized it was that long.

Imagine PDH didn't go to Jung Hee's Bar for a month!

I wonder how his buddies reacted to his absence. I forget which episode, but they were throwing tantrum when PDH (and his brothers?) didn't show up at the bar for couple of days :D

Well, maybe PDH use his new position as a director as an excuse not to hang around in the bar so often :sweatingbullets:

Did LJA spent the month hiding in the room or did she interact with the others?

Did they suspect PDH absence had something to do with LJA? But they were so nice to her when she said her farewell...

I'm curious about MA's timeline...

When did the lady bug scene happened? Around January?

So episode 1 to 15 happened from January to late February?

Sorry if this topic had been discussed before...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨
4 hours ago, widala said:

Wow, I didn't notice that calendar...

I guessed some time must have past because LJA's no longer wear the cast on her hand, and LJA went to Busan around April because Grandma passed away on April 10.  But, didn't realized it was that long.

Imagine PDH didn't go to Jung Hee's Bar for a month!

I wonder how his buddies reacted to his absence. I forget which episode, but they were throwing tantrum when PDH (and his brothers?) didn't show up at the bar for couple of days :D

Well, maybe PDH use his new position as a director as an excuse not to hang around in the bar so often :sweatingbullets:

Did LJA spent the month hiding in the room or did she interact with the others?

Did they suspect PDH absence had something to do with LJA? But they were so nice to her when she said her farewell...

Now that I've learned DH stopped going to the bar for over a month, their farewell conversation makes so much sense now.  It used to puzzle me why she said he stopped going there when it couldn't have been that many times.  What was the big deal, I thought.  Wow, this drama has so many hidden clues.  I haven't figured out yet how he explained his absence.  We know the other men would complain loudly, but maybe as long as his brothers kept  showing up ...

4 hours ago, widala said:

I'm curious about MA's timeline...

When did the lady bug scene happened? Around January?

So episode 1 to 15 happened from January to late February?

Sorry if this topic had been discussed before...

Not yet discussed.  Why don't you do some more detective work and do this yourself? :D  I'd be really interested to read what you find.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Part 2 of the interview is up:

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/lee-seon-kyun-just-watching-it-made-me-cry-so-much/

I am still trying to understand why they didn't do this kind of interview for the Korean audience.  Is everyone still touchy about this subject?  I chanced upon some hateful comments on the show/IU last night and ughh... I simply have no words.

Anyway, what I love most about this second part is the interplay between LSK and IU.  They kept checking and confirming with each other as they answered the questions and even laughed together at some of the misery they were put through.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sadiesmith said:

Part 2 of the interview is up:

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/lee-seon-kyun-just-watching-it-made-me-cry-so-much/

I am still trying to understand why they didn't do this kind of interview for the Korean audience.  Is everyone still touchy about this subject?  I chanced upon some hateful comments on the show/IU last night and ughh... I simply have no words.

Anyway, what I love most about this second part is the interplay between LSK and IU.  They kept checking and confirming with each other as they answered the questions and even laughed together at some of the misery they were put through.  

Is part 2 the last part of their interview? Also, I knew they had broadcasted interview for Mnet Japan, but where we can find the full interview? I hope some of you guys want to share the link of full broadcasted interview. I'm super curious mainly because LSK and LJE looked so cheerful in answering the questions.

Just now, ladyrini said:

Is part 2 the last part of their interview? Also, I knew they had broadcasted interview for Mnet Japan, but where we can find the full interview? I hope some of you guys want to share the link of full broadcasted interview. I'm super curious mainly because LSK and LJE looked so cheerful in answering the questions.

That was probably a misinformation.  We thought they were going to release the taped interview, but what they meant was the magazine containing the interview.  Oh well.  Let's hope someday they really do show us the taped interview.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

wow, the DC Inside comment on the timeline in this drama is really really interesting, now it has intrigued me to make attempt on mapping the time line :w00t:

so eventhough I have wanted to follow japanese broadcast as my rewatching schedule (which this coming friday would only be up to ep 7) now I couldn’t resist to try coming up with the whole timeline of My Ajusshi.

I’m recollecting ep 1-16 clue that I can remember, and through rewatching some parts, and also using this new mindblowing information mentioned by @sadiesmith from @justamom digging the other rabbithole :lol:, plus my general knowledge of seasons in Korea (which could be incorrect): Spring (March-May), Summer (June-Aug), Autumn (Sept-Nov), Winter (Dec-Feb).

Now here it is (with a risk of embarassing my self if it doesn’t make any sense :sweatingbullets: :D

My understanding is that In general the drama covered 2 years and 4months: starting Jan 2018, all the way to the first quarter of 2020.

Jan 2018: ep 1-6.

(winter is still apparent, with snow and all)

(ep 2-3 DH commented how JA is 'underdressed for winter' or how cold it must be to wear a very short socks).

Feb 2018: ep 7.

(scene of JA got her Feb paycheck).

Feb 2018: ep 8.

(still winter, but soon over, means still Feb)

(JA and DH walking home together after their first smile together over beer drinking. JA told DH how she hates winter, but DH said that it's spring soon).

Late Feb 2018 (winter soon over): ep.9-13.

(note: DH still wore winter jacket when taking grandma to elderly assissted facilities).

(ep.12: JA running with the Team Three from work for the last subway, she could survive with t-shirt and jacket,,so was DH who only wore trench coat outside, no more thick wool coat, and no more winter scarf).

(ep.13: the weather is no longer that cold. walking together, JA halfly teased DH on he's walking slowly now when they walk together,,and DH said that it's because the weather is no longer cold).

March 2018: ep.14.

(JA left hogye, standing on the street with cherry blossom above, so it was early spring=early March).

March 2018: ep 15.

(JA lodging in JH's place, hand casted, calendar shown March).

end of March-April 2018: ep.16.

(Haimoni eating choco pie with JA, falling cherry blossom (sparsely), it’s full-fledged spring, end of March or v.early April).

(haimoni died: 10th of April;note in her urn vase).

end of April 2018 or up to June 2018: ep 16.

(scene in JH room, JA said to JH that she needs to go, not staying in hogye, because DH couldn’t come to the bar if JA still there. the calendar shown month 4-5-6)

(could be end of april, May/June when JA left for Busan, farewell hug).

Sept-Nov 2018: ep.16.

(after the farewell hug, raining in omma's house, it’s likely in autumn).

(means several months has passed since JA left for Busan, hence KH asked DH how is JA doing, which DH said he didn't hear anything from her).

[my heart..breaks for him and her, *sob*]

Dec 2018-May 2019: not shown in the drama.

Jun 2019-Feb 2020 (9 months): ep.16.

(from summer 2019, to autumn/raining 2019, to late winter/snowing 2020, showing through KH's room, the weather during his heartbreak and break up phone call moment with YR).

March-April 2020: ep 16.

(DH thriving as a CEO in his own company, JA transfered to HQ, presenting report of Q1 to her supervisor).

April 2020: ep.16.

(reunion of JA DH, JA said that she was transfered to Seoul since last March, so that scene is taking place after March).

(but it should be fitting of second spring in DH’s life, hence it’s still spring: April or May 2020).

phew! that’s long..

so, what do you think guys?

now my heart breaks again imagining how hard it was for the two lonely souls being apart from each other for that long :(

sooo glad that they finally meet again, my heart mended :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

On 8/5/2018 at 11:03 AM, Joseph Lim said:

@sadiesmithI saw the short clip above (from twitter handle : @tp_littledream)  interaction between LSK and LJE. Do you know where they get that? It's likely from broadcasted interview, right?

Edited by Guest
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)

@ladyrini Those clips (where LSK is styled well) were two or three 7-second-long videos of LSK & IU promoting the drama in Japan. That's all.

@africandramalover Can you or someone else analyze what the panning family photos mean in the drama? I need to go back to RL soon, so I don't think I can commit myself to a couple more rewatches lol.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ladyrini said:

@sadiesmithI saw the short clip above (from twitter handle : @tp_littledream)  interaction between LSK and LJE. Do you know where they get that? It's likely from broadcasted interview, right?

They are so cute together, and there are several of these short clips of them promoting the Japanese release.  I don't think these have anything to do with the interviews though.  All the interviews seem to come with pictures of them wearing different outfits and probably not even taped.  

• Like 5