[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, justamom said:

So they replied! The My Mister Director Cut's team. Here's their message in full, in Korean:

안녕하세요 나저씨 감독판 추진팀 입니다. 문의해주신 답변을 해드리자면

1. 자막같은 경우에는 아직 확실하게 정해진 바가 없습니다. 하지만 해외수량이 어느정도 채워진다면 저희쪽에서 영자막에 대해 문의는 할수잇을 것 같습니다.

2. 저희가 알아보고 다시 알려드리도록 하겟습니다 죄송합니다

3. 전회대본집같은 경우에도 마찬가지로 확정된 사항이 없습니다.

하지만 저희쪽에서도 특전 중에서도 전회대본집을 가장 원하고 있기 때문에 받을 수 있도록 할 것입니다. 하지만 이 모든 것이 이루어지려면 수량 채우는 것이 제일 중요합니다. 목표수량이 채워지지않으면 요구할 수 잇는 것들도 점차 줄어들게 됩니다. 앞으로도 많은 참여와 홍보 부탁드립니다. 감사합니다

Translation, and my questions below:

I told them I'm representing fans from Soompi's My Ahjussi forum, and there are more than 10 of us interested if there will be subtitles.

1) Have the subtitles been confirmed?

No, nothing has been confirmed. If there is enough overseas demand, from our end we can start looking into providing English subtitles.

2) Will the Blu Ray be play-able across all regions?

I'm so sorry, please let me get back to you on this?

3) Will the scripts be provided?

At this point it hasn't been confirmed. But we understand (from all the feedback) that amongst all the specials this is the one most in demand.

To fulfill all these requests, the most important thing is to have sufficient numbers! If we can't hit our target numbers we can only request less and less things...So if I may kindly request, please participate and get the word out to more people! Thank you very much! (bowing emoticon)

to be continued...

@mylovelystar you might want to share this with IU fans?

P.S. I'm going to ask him/her to pass a message to the PD team about how much we loved the show, and that we have fans from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Russia, the US, Kenya! Anyone else? Let me know!

Here's their follow-up reply. I sent them our love (yes, included Canada @heilam :wink:) and asked how many orders they need from overseas.

2번에 대한 답변입니다.
블루레이는 A, DVD는 3입니다.
블루레이는 북미, 일본, 한국에 해당 코드에 들어가고
DVD는 한국, 동남아(중국, 일본 제외)입니다.

해외최소수량은 300으로 생각하고 잇습니다만 더 많으면 좋겟지요!!
관심과 사랑 주셔서 감사드립니다!!

About your second question.

The Blue Ray is A, the DVD code is 3.

The Blue Ray will have codes for North America, Japan and Korea.

The DVD will have codes for South Korea and Southeast Asia (excluding Japan and China)

We need at least 300 orders from overseas but the more the better!

Thank you for sending us your love and regards!

Uh....does anyone here know a thing about DVD/blue ray codes? What does all that mean? @tiger457_stv ??

So....are there at least 300 crazy Ahjussi fans overseas??

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, justamom said:

Here's their follow-up reply. I sent them our love (yes, included Canada @heilam :wink:) and asked how many orders they need from overseas.

2번에 대한 답변입니다.
블루레이는 A, DVD는 3입니다.
블루레이는 북미, 일본, 한국에 해당 코드에 들어가고
DVD는 한국, 동남아(중국, 일본 제외)입니다.

해외최소수량은 300으로 생각하고 잇습니다만 더 많으면 좋겟지요!!
관심과 사랑 주셔서 감사드립니다!!

About your second question.

The Blue Ray is A, the DVD code is 3.

The Blue Ray will have codes for North America, Japan and Korea.

The DVD will have codes for South Korea and Southeast Asia (excluding Japan and China)

We need at least 300 orders from overseas but the more the better!

Thank you for sending us your love and regards!

Uh....does anyone here know a thing about DVD/blue ray codes? What does all that mean? @tiger457_stv ??

So....are there at least 300 crazy Ahjussi fans overseas??

Yes! One “crazy b***h here...who wants the DVD in english. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

On 6/3/2018 at 8:59 PM, chickfactor said:

One thing that is implicit, but never explicitly mentioned is about the brothers' father. They mention him twice (that I recall). DH talks about him in Ep.1 when he is laughing in the office about the biggest thing that they've killed (after Ji-An kills the ladybug), and he says that the three brothers held down a pig as his father chopped its head off.

The next time he talks about this is that his father would tell him, "It doesn't matter" to comfort him, but that no one is there to tell him that now.

So my point is that their father has probably passed away, and has left behind a huge void, but they never speak of it explicitly.

This is probably why the three brothers are so close, and why DH is unwilling to move away from their mother.

In Korea (as in many other societies, I'm sure), the "head of the household" role is a really big deal, and it is their duty to do whatever it takes to protect their family.

This is partly why Sang-Hoon is so down on himself. After their father's death, he is the de facto "head" of this household, but he failed at this when he was laid off, and when the two businesses he opened with his severance pay failed, too.

This is why he *needs* DH to keep his job at a "big company." He knows what it's like to try and open your own business and fail (twice), so it scares him, and at least one of the brothers needs to have that stability to protect their mother. Although it seems unfair that he is telling DH that he has to remain at a job that's making him miserable, it is the "head of the household's" DUTY to try and think of what is best for the family.

I also see Sang-Hoon fulfilling this role when he counsels DH to try and stay with his wife, and even apologizes to YH. First, it's better in terms of social order that a marriage stay intact if possible, especially in Korea where the social stigma of divorce is still quite strong. He's obviously not going to force them to stay together if they want to divorce, but it's his actual job to at least pay lip service to the idea that they should work it out, if possible.

Also, Sang-Hoon is taking the responsibility upon himself. He is saying that YH cheated because HE failed at his role at being a proper "head of household" so he doesn't blame YH for straying from their marriage - i.e., he doesn't blame YH for being dissatisfied with THE FAMILY and looking elsewhere, because he failed to protect it.

So I don't blame SH. He comes off as a silly person, but he actually feels the great responsibility on his shoulders of being the "head" of this family, and I can see that.

In contrast, Ki-Hoon is the "maknae," so he gets to pursue his artistic dreams and apparently be quite self-indulgent about it. He also doesn't have a wife or child, so he's able to refuse a job and punch people in the face because they don't like his script.

Sang-Hoon never had the luxury to be that way because he became responsible for his family the moment their father died. So I will cut him some slack here.

--

Edited to add: more on this theme of Sang-Hoon is the "head of household" - that he helped Ji-An's grandmother have a grand funeral is exactly the sort of thing that a head of household would do... for his family member.

He's a goofball, but he steps up when it counts.

Sorry for cutting your post short, but @chickfactor, I really love your spot-on analysis of Sang Hoon.  A viewer who only watches casually might see only the childish behaviors and dismiss him as a comedic, annoying sidekick that adds nothing meaningful to the big picture.  I have seen more than enough comments to that effect.  But if anyone is willing to go deeper, they'd see a panicky desperation behind the happy-go-lucky outward appearance like you spelled out.  And when it comes to Dong Hoon, he really is as perceptive as Ki Hoon.

In fact, at times the brothers' dynamic tugs at my heart even more than the OTP relationship.  The father is mentioned only twice, but I can already imagine what a loss it was when he passed, especially for Dong Hoon.  He seems to have the closest relationship with their father.  The father probably knew that DH was a super sensitive child, and in an effort to harden him up, I think the father taught him things like slaughtering pigs.  Remember Dong Hoon's words about that act?  That anyone could kill anything if he doesn't feel anything for it?  Someone can probably find a deeper meaning in those words, but I do wonder if the dad was really successful in that training because for all I can see, Dong Hoon is still very much a compassionate person to all creatures. 

Another evidence for Dong Hoon having the closest relationship to their dad: his life mantra of "it's not a big deal".  Throughout the drama DH is the only brother who ever says that (am I right?), the first time being in episode 4 when Ki Hoon was raging over Sang Hoon's humiliation at the feet of the villa owner.  And when the brothers get together in that room to cry over Yoon Hee's betrayal, Dong Hoon says that after their dad passed away, no one was around to comfort him with those words anymore, so he was left alone to tell himself those words over and over.  I just find myself getting very emotional over this particular line of his. His brothers obviously knew that this was the way their dad comforted Dong Hoon, yet for whatever reason the words did not have the same effect on them, so they did not think to use them to comfort their suffering brother. There is so much sadness and loneliness, and LSK's delivery is so raw and heartbreaking, and my guts get punched every time.  I am amazed that even a non-character like the father could move me so much.  

Edited to add: Does the Korean "it doesn't matter" phrase have the same kind of meaning as "this, too, shall pass?"

Here's a BTS from early on to remind us how cute they all are:

• Like 14

On 6/4/2018 at 1:14 AM, kerfuffle_95 said:

I was watching episode 8, the part where they were celebrating the mother’s birthday, and I found the brief video call with Ji-Seok insightful.

Below is an excerpt of family’s convo with Ji-Seok (after he greets his grandma, said Hi to his mom, and asked his dad about the homework)

Ji-Seok (to Sang-Hoon): Uncle! Don’t be too lonely. I’m sure you’ll find a good woman.

(he soon finds out the aunt is there and so he said sorry)

DH: I heard that you have a girlfriend. Do you like her a lot?

JS: Of course I do.

DH: Oh I see. More than mom?

JS: Come on, Dad.

DH: All right. Is she pretty, or nice? Choose just one. Is she pretty or nice?

JS: She’s nice.

Dong-Hoon: Wow, he must really like her.

JS: What about Mom, then? Is she nice or pretty? Choose just one.

SH: Hey, you have to be sure to choose the correct answer. It’s different when you’re talking to married couples.

JS: Hurry up! Is she nice, or pretty?

DH: Mom (4-second pause)…..is amazing.

SH/KH: Hey come on now, wow. Wow, I can’t believe this.

Sang-Hoon: Yeah, if someone is nice and pretty, then they’re amazing. Yep.

[The next scene immediately after this is when they just finished eating and were about to cut the birthday cake]

My takeaways:

1.       Based from this conversation, I can see that Ji-Seok is a mature kid. He knows the reality that there are couples who separate and that it’s okay to move on and find someone else (based on what he said to his uncle, though it may have been half-jokingly). He also judges and likes people for their personality and not merely for their outward appearance (based on how he described his ‘gf’). I wonder if this conversation is meant to signify that JS would also be cool, in the event that his parents separate, and his Dad finding someone who is not only pretty but also nice, someone who can lift/has lifted DH from his loneliness.

2.       On DH saying that YH is amazing. At this point, he already knows about her affair, so I don’t know which part of YH he still sees as amazing. Since JS also asked him to choose just one, had DH answered ‘pretty’, he risked being perceived as loving her superficially only. If he answered ‘nice’, well just like what DH said to his son, he must still really like YH. Which at that time, even prior to learning about the affair, I don’t think he does. I think ‘amazing’ was a safe answer, and I’m ok with him not offering an explanation about it because I don’t think he even has.

3.       On Sang-Hoon.  SH thinks that DH’s answer ‘amazing’ = ‘pretty and nice’. My answer is no. Because if that’s how DH feels, why didn’t he just say both. Or why didn’t he just answer ‘pretty’, if he’s too shy to admit he really likes his wife by saying ‘nice’. If a couple is truly comfortable with each other, I don’t think a wife would mind hearing the answer ‘pretty’ instead of ‘nice'. She’d be glad her husband still thinks she’s pretty/ appreciate her looks despite being in her 40s, or given the fact that her husband probably gets to interact with much younger and prettier girls at work. I remember DH mom saying, I forgot which ep, that once women reach their 50s, they don’t like looking at themselves in the mirror anymore.       

It sometimes ticks me off whenever Sang-Hoon speaks/decides for DH, and how he always gets it wrong. He told DH to stay at the company for a long time for the sake of their mom’s funeral, not knowing how much unhappiness DH derives from that place. Upon learning about the affair, he told DH to forgive YH, to comfort her, to survive and endure the whole thing, not knowing that DH feels extremely sad about that too. SH even told YH: “The fact that my younger bro didn’t tell anyone about this (affair) and the fact that he was suffering all by himself makes me so sad. But that means that DH loves you that much.” Cue YH and DH in ep 12 flashbacks- YH: “You’re not trying to keep this marriage together because of your love for me. Are you? (coz of mom and JS)” DH: “I don’t want to make you miserable just to make it easier for me. I just don’t how to end this relationship that we’ve maintained for 20 years.”

No wonder (and quite telling) in episode 15, when Sang-Hoon and Ki-Hoon saw JA at JH’s bar and both rushed to call DH, it was KH who got connected to DH first. After all, KH is the one more perceptive of DH’s feelings (as many of you have pointed out already).  

4.       Interestingly, throughout this PRETTY and NICE conversation (from the point DH asked his son if he has a gf, up to the point SH interpreted what DH meant by amazing), we never saw their reaction, all we get to see is Ji-an. As usual, listening on everything that was transpiring, while on her part-time job.

I don't think it was random, the reason we only see Ji-An, is because as per DH in the prior episodes, who again is both pretty and nice?

[Episode 5]

[Episode 7] 

Me: wow, he must really like her. :rolleyes::D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how much I try to move on from this drama, I just can't. I hate to admit it but I don't think I'm suffering from withdrawal, because fact is, I'm still very much addicted to it LOL. :expressionless:

I've finally managed to start another drama (My Horrible Boss a.k.a. Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi), it's light and funny, female lead is strong just like JA, whereas the male lead is uptight and a bit like DH in other aspects. I only started recently and only watch an episode a day. [coz MA still very much owns me XD]    

@kerfuffle_95 Your entire analysis is so good! :heart:

Also, what DH's Mom says...
- What do you think my only wish in life is? It's to see all of you with suitable partners before I die. I just want to see you all live happily before I die. As long as a couple is faithful to each other they'll be fine even if they're poor. And they'll have nothing to fear even if a war breaks out.

Do you think this is the wish she made before she blew the candles? And by the end of the show, it comes true for SH when he reunites with AR, and for DH when he finds JA back in his life...

I don't think "faithfulness" comes up as an accident. After all, KWS PD seems to be very intentional about details. Mom instinctively knows that DH is not happy with where he is in life - why else does she worry for him the most? And when she finds out that he had to deal with YH's unfaithfulness on top of his worries, I wonder if she could ever forgive YH.

Which couple fulfills Mom's criterion for "living happily"? A couple that is "faithful to each other"...
DH & YH? or DH & JA?

---

In the same episode, when YH is on her way to celebrate DH's Mom's birthday, why do you think the camera pans to her left hand? Am I reading too deeply into this? Or does this show she no longer wears her wedding ring? There seems to be a tiny injury too, but Idk where she got it.

GrVuNFM.png

---

@anipanch What is it with Russians and comparison with cats / lions? lol. @tiger457_stv says that JA is the wild cat, but they think DH is the cat? I guess DH and JA need to be the same species to mate together. :tongue:

----

Having a harrrd time moving on from MA too. So I keep rewatching and taking notes (especially on traffic signals).

Tried watching stuff from K-dramas, J-doramas, Hollywood... but I need some time off from people shows. After LSK and IU's performances in MA, everyone seems like a non-actor. So I've gone back to my old comfort food, animes, for now. Watching and enjoying Durarara!, and slowly rewatching Fullmetal Brotherhood.

@Sakari Ahhh, lowkey jealous of you! Wish I could unsee Yoona's Street and watch it anew. Enjoy! Jung Hee eonni is cool there too, but I liked the other eonni better.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, justamom said:

So they replied! The My Mister Director Cut's team. Here's their message in full, in Korean:

1. 자막같은 경우에는 아직 확실하게 정해진 바가 없습니다. 하지만 해외수량이 어느정도 채워진다면 저희쪽에서 영자막에 대해 문의는 할수잇을 것 같습니다.

하지만 저희쪽에서도 특전 중에서도 전회대본집을 가장 원하고 있기 때문에 받을 수 있도록 할 것입니다. 하지만 이 모든 것이 이루어지려면 수량 채우는 것이 제일 중요합니다. 목표수량이 채워지지않으면 요구할 수 잇는 것들도 점차 줄어들게 됩니다. 앞으로도 많은 참여와 홍보 부탁드립니다. 감사합니다

I told them I'm representing fans from Soompi's My Ahjussi forum, and there are more than 10 of us interested if there will be subtitles.

No, nothing has been confirmed. If there is enough overseas demand, from our end we can start looking into providing English subtitles.

At this point it hasn't been confirmed. But we understand (from all the feedback) that amongst all the specials this is the one most in demand.

To fulfill all these requests, the most important thing is to have sufficient numbers! If we can't hit our target numbers we can only request less and less things...So if I may kindly request, please participate and get the word out to more people! Thank you very much! (bowing emoticon)

to be continued...

P.S. I'm going to ask him/her to pass a message to the PD team about how much we loved the show, and that we have fans from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Russia, the US, Kenya! Anyone else? Let me know!

From Brazil!! :D 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, justamom said:

to be continued...

From Argentina!!!!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Sorry for cutting your post short, but @chickfactor, I really love your spot-on analysis of Sang Hoon.  A viewer who only watches casually might see only the childish behaviors and dismiss him as a comedic, annoying sidekick that adds nothing meaningful to the big picture.  I have seen more than enough comments to that effect.  But if anyone is willing to go deeper, they'd see a panicky desperation behind the happy-go-lucky outward appearance like you spelled out.  And when it comes to Dong Hoon, he really is as perceptive as Ki Hoon.

I second this. Point well taken @chickfactor, not gonna disagree with you. After all, we ship the same OTPs and I've always appreciated your posts and translations since circa 1988 :tongue:. Kidding aside, SH is indeed a respectable character, and I think this scene from episode 4 (when he knelt in front of that man) already spoke volumes to that.

sh1.jpg   sh2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

7 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Yes! One “crazy b***h here...who wants the DVD in english. :D

Me too! :D

image.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or the way IU dresses casually post-MA looks so Jian-ny, with those button down shirts over t-shirts. I feel like seeing a revamped Jian, and I enjoy imagining her sporting these looks whenever I read MA fanfics at AO3. Avidly waiting for the next chapter @justamom:wub:.

-------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, h2ogirl said:

Also, what Mom says...
- What do you think my only wish in life is? It's to see all of you with suitable partners before I die. I just want to see you all live happily before I die. As long as a couple is faithful to each other they'll be fine even if they're poor. And they'll have nothing to fear even if a war breaks out.

Do you think this is the wish she made before she blew the candles? And by the end of the show, it comes true for SH when he reunites with AR, and for DH when he finds JA back in his life...

I don't think "faithfulness" came up as an accident. After all, PD KWS seems to be very intentional about details. Mom instinctively knows that DH is not happy with where he is in life - why else does she worry for him the most? And when she finds out that he had to deal with YH's unfaithfulness on top of his worries, I wonder if she could ever forgive her.

Which couple fulfills Mom's criterion for "living happily"? A couple that is "faithful to each other"...
DH & YH? or DH & JA?

Couldn't agree more @h2ogirl, thanks for pointing this out.  To answer your question, I of course only have this couple in mind.

haeng.jpg  haeng2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saw this from episode 12, after JA-YH-DJY had a face-off (when JA phoned YH, telling the latter DH is in trouble). YH cried after confirming JA likes DH, and thanking JA for calling her first. Anyway, what triggered me were the.......... traffic lights (from red to green), just curious if they meant anything :D.

yh1.jpg   yh2.jpg

yh3.jpg

• Like 10
  • LOL 4

This thread is still going strong three weeks after MA ended! You guys rock!

Though I don’t contribute to this thread as often as before I’m still struggling to move on from this drama. I’ve tried to watch a first episode of 4 different shows and couldn’t keep my attention till the end. 

Oh, did MA cast and crew had a gathering on June 2? I’d love to see more pics! Seeing IU and LSK sitting next to each other brings out so much feelings again...

• Like 7

23 hours ago, ccl82 said:

Just random comment. Last night, I actually dreamed of yellow traffic light. :lol:

RED STOP!  Or you can't sleep!  hahahah

@justamom   COULD YOU ask them how much they would charge if this reader pay them directly for English subtitle to be included in the BLURAY.... .all they have to say is how much!  they cannot ask for a better deal.

@aisling said:  This thread is still going strong three weeks after MA ended! You guys rock!

Though I don’t contribute to this thread as often as before I’m still struggling to move on from this drama. I’ve tried to watch a first episode of 4 different shows and couldn’t keep my attention till the end. 

Oh, did MA cast and crew had a gathering on June 2? I’d love to see more pics! Seeing IU and LSK sitting next to each other brings out so much feelings again...

this reader say:   can't watch another show for a while....either.  the other show seem so superficial after MM

• Like 10

13 hours ago, justamom said:

to be continued...

Philippines! :blush: I also recommended this drama to one of my friends who work in one of the TV networks here. :blush:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, aisling said:

This thread is still going strong three weeks after MA ended! You guys rock!

When I joined this forum in March (around page 15), no way did I imagine I would still be here three months later!!! And no way Jose did I imagine I would be writing, ahem ahem ahem....

Yes they had a cast gathering because they missed each other too much (rewind back 5-10 pages)

2 hours ago, ninaanin said:

From Brazil!! :D 

1 hour ago, Erika Rodriguez said:

From Argentina!!!!!

Hola! I will let them know in my next message.

19 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

@justamom   COULD YOU ask them how much they would charge if this reader pay them directly for English subtitle to be included in the BLURAY.... .all they have to say is how much!  they cannot ask for a better deal.

Are you offering to pick up the tab? Since they said 300...and the cost is $230 each...I'm assuming the subtitle cost would be in the $xx,000 range....If you are serious I will ask!!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

Or does this show she no longer wears her wedding ring? There seems to be a tiny injury too, but Idk where she got it.

DH doesn't wear a wedding ring either. I've never paid attention to it, but after the last ep an idea hit me: to confirm the divorce I checked DH's hand after the time skip and flipped out of happiness only to realize that DH never wore a ring 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

I watched it 3 times back to back ... what’s wrong with me ?? I need my LIFE.BACK.NOW !!

i am thinking of going on my ajhussi detox now and not think about the drama for few months ( so that I watch again for nth time it still will be fresh :) ) 

• LOL 10

Talking about traffic signals, DC people are also searching for them lol. 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54917&page=2

Yoon Hee and Dong Hoon's relationship is red light.

[ I know we talked about it as if this red light was meant for Ji An and dong hoon,  but I think this could be seen as a red light for the marriage too since dong hoon was going back to the apartment. [yoon hee here]

V4O2E45.png

Can anyone detect this scene? I guess yoon hee was probably the one driving here? 

NcRsS8g.png

This one we already know of. Ji An and dong hoon's love is green light.  rq2CTvd.png

Also, I am back with subbing demand. Kind souls please take a look if you find these interesting. :D Thanks in advance!

I saw this interesting post on the marriage, the author is probably trying to say how yoon hee already gave up on the marriage, and at the later episodes was trying to make things right and move on to the next phase. Google says the title is, think about the divorce of dong hoon. 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54434&page=11

The following one is just about the presence of the moon, cherry flowers, and sky in lots of scenes. I thought it was pleasant to look at. :)

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54426&page=11

This one is just for fun. The shipper is on our wavelength it seems. :D He/ she is talking about Ji An's inner thoughts here during the reunion haha. Where were you crazy shippers, when all the uproars were taking place? Sigh..

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=54430&page=11 

17 hours ago, akhenaten said:

nice to know that I’m not alone in that feeling of wanting to read other works of an author after you’ve completed one very good work he or she has written.  I do that too. But you’re right in that we can’t do the same with a drama. It’ll never be the same.

I myself want to check out past works of LSK but I know that, no matter how much I may like them, his Park Dong Hoon will always be his best character for me and I will always go back to MA for it.:)

At least that's the best part about reading a book. You can read about what the characters are thinking. If MM was a book in the first place we wouldn't be having so many elaborate discussions on the ending lol. I am still waiting for the writer's interview, hmm. But yeah, like you said, LSK's best work is MM no doubt, I don't think slice of life was ever done so well as this one.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, aisling said:

The most unbelievable thing about this drama was finding out this guy was nearing his 50s :lol:

Hahaha... What is his secret?  Can he share that with LSK so LSK can stay younger looking for a good while, before casting directors stop giving him romantic roles completely?  I think it's already happening.   Boo... :bawling:

Another great thing this drama did was introducing us to lesser known, older, talented actors like Oh Na Ra, Kim Young Min, and Song Sae Byeok.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aisling said:

The most unbelievable thing about this drama was finding out this guy was nearing his 50s :lol:

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Hahaha... What is his secret?  Can he share that with LSK so LSK can stay younger looking for a good while before casting directors give up on giving him romantic roles completely?  I think it's already happening.   Boo... :bawling:

Another great thing this drama did was introducing us to lesser known, older, talented actors like Oh Na Ra, Kim Young Min, and Song Sae Byeok.

I feel like LSK was perfect for his role the way he is, he perfectly embodied DH, from looks and all! And with so many people converted in to shipping JA and DH during and after the show, it’s just a testament of how well he was able to hold himself up. He probably isn’t what others would call “as goodlooking as others” but that’s what actually adds to his charisma. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 7