[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

16 hours ago, Gumiho said:

1. Park Dong Hoon

Nice observation! Yes, DH is passive in many aspects of his life and that includes his career. I think that is one aspect of his story arc that might or might not be addressed in future episodes.

2. Lee Ji Ah. 

She actually tried, when she requested from DH the 10M she needed in exchange for DH not having to buy her dinner for a month. DH initially granted that request but in 1M-a-month installment. :sweat_smile:

3. PDH’s wife

I guess that is typical of guilty parties that’s cheating in a relationship – they would project their guilt through anger and it could manifest at various petty moments.

18 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I never doubted it was deliberate, either, but I'm just surprised they actually then put watercolor on IU's hands to make it even more "imprinted"! That means PDnim really meant it. LOL.

At first I thought it was enhanced through CGI or any other post-production techniques. I didn't expect they'd resort to old-fashioned make-up/watercolor. 

I tried the tight grip on myself and I think no way can you produce such marks without risking any possible fractures. :sweat_smile:

On 2/4/2022 at 10:03 PM, Thomas Zhang said:

Hahahah,Kwon Na Ra is the reason I started to watch this drama.  I found some clips of YuRa & KH, and I thought it was a comedy originally.

When I started to watch this drama, it was like a club hit on my head......

The first time I got a glimpse of Yu Ra in the preview for ep 5, I was mesmerized! That's despite she was in her shabby, after-vomit look! :lol:

I guess it helped that Ji An was still very disheveled in the first few episodes. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, actionscript said:

1. Park Dong Hoon

Nice observation! Yes, DH is passive in many aspects of his life and that includes his career. I think that is one aspect of his story arc that might or might not be addressed in future episodes.

Park Dong Hoon is like the typical family good boy in East Asian society. All of his actions come from his family's expectations, not his own will, so he lives a miserable life. I was exactly the same as him until I was 32  , so I can understand him very well.

According to AR's word at the promotion party, Park Dong Hoon was good-looking, had good grades, and had good athletic ability. So this person is actually very proud inside and has some sense of superiority. He is really better suited to start his own business rather than holding back in a big company, especially considering the state of the Korean workplace.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, actionscript said:

The first time I got a glimpse of Yu Ra in the preview for ep 5, I was mesmerized! That's despite she was in her shabby, after-vomit look! :lol:

I guess it helped that Ji An was still very disheveled in the first few episodes.

Comparing the image of Yura and Jian together in episode 15, Yura does look like a mature woman, while Jian is very much like a little girl. Considering that Kwon Nara is only two years older than IU .....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, YukawaCattle said:

---

1 hour ago, Gumiho said:

btw I am going to watch ep 4 <3

I don't know why it is so exciting to see you report your progress here.

Just keep going! We will always be here to wait for you to finish EP16. Yeah!  :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

There are some very very very interesting scenes waited for our discussion.

So we are all interested in your watching progress. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, actionscript said:

I watch ep 5 and I would rather to describe PDH as a simple man than a passive man. 

Passive is if he chooses to do nothing. But he is not a passive one from what I see.

<3 He takes action when LJH tried to tease him. He affirms to her that he is not an easy person. When he asked her to talked with him inside the meeting room. 
<3 He also takes action with what happened to his brother. When he went to asked that man to brings a parcel to his mother. 

I see that PDH is a man with integrity ^_^

She actually tried, when she requested from DH the 10M she needed in exchange for DH not having to buy her dinner for a month. DH initially granted that request but in 1M-a-month installment. :sweat_smile:

I guess that is typical of guilty parties that’s cheating in a relationship – they would project their guilt through anger and it could manifest at various petty moments.

what I don’t understand from PDH’s wife is, if she needs to have a new relationship to make her happy and complete then why she did not ask for divorce?

At first I thought it was enhanced through CGI or any other post-production techniques. I didn't expect they'd resort to old-fashioned make-up/watercolor. 

I tried the tight grip on myself and I think no way can you produce such marks without risking any possible fractures. :sweat_smile:

I guess it helped that Ji An was still very disheveled in the first few episodes. :sweatingbullets:

@YukawaCattle I am excited to always come in here too because of you guys always give response to my posts hehehe ^_* 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Gumiho said:

what I don’t understand from PDH’s wife is, if she needs to have a new relationship to make her happy and complete then why she did not ask for divorce?

Maybe she was waiting for an excuse to ask for divorce.  DH was transferred from Design Group to Security Check Group last year,which means that his career was finished. She definitely knew that and didn't do anything to stop it.

When DH was fired and failed to start his own business and went bankrupt like his elder brother, she would definitely file for divorce.

1 hour ago, Gumiho said:

I watch ep 5 and I would rather to describe PDH as a simple man than a passive man.

It's really accurate to describe him ’simple', thanks for the idea!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

EP 5

Just finished ep 5 <3 

" It's easy for rich people to be nice." (Lee Ji An)

I thought that nice for Ji An is only being kind, like smiling to others. Smile is the very simple, kind thing that we can do to others. For me. However, apparently, for Ji An, being nice perhaps if she could shares what she has to others. That was why she said, it is easy for rich people to be nice. Hmm. I can be understand Ji An more. Perhaps also she said that because of she hopes that rich people can be more sharing to people like her.

It is a bit difficult for me actualy to understand a character like Ji An who would not ever exist in the real life. Her character is too imaginative if compares to PDH character who is more realistic.

"..But married women are the safest choice for men. They would never babble about the relationship.. dumping a woman who still has feelings could cause some major headaches.."  (Do Jun Yeong)

It is clear that DJY only looking for a temporary satisfaction with PDH's wife. He does not want to get headache because of a woman. Hahaha. Poor PDH's wife. She is just a sport tool for DJY. She deserves that. She does not sincere to her husband. If sleeps with other man then no need to be good/nice/kind to her husband anymore. Why would she give an idea to her husband to start a new  bussiness and she will help? while she is having affair with her husband boss? ckckck.. This woman is too dirty. My proverbs verse suits her. Hahaha..

<3 Oh ya, I don't understand the POV of a senior should be promote first than a junior. Because of I was born in a different generation. 60's 70's generation perhaps thinking like this. But for us, it's all about capability. This is my POV. But I see people who are as old as PDH seeing this matter in a different POV. It's oldies. I see nothing's wrong if DJY surpassing PDH in office. Perhaps DJY is more capable and he is more capable if not how could he being promote. What is unacceptable is the thing that he sleeps with PDH's wife. 

It will be a serious matter if promoting people just because of he is a senior or older than the junior who is more capable in working. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, Gumiho said:

<3 Oh ya, I don't understand the POV of a senior should be promote first than a junior. Because of I was born in a different generation. 60's 70's generation perhaps thinking like this. But for us, it's all about capability. This is my POV. But I see people who are as old as PDH seeing this matter in a different POV. It's oldies. I see nothing's wrong if DJY surpassing PDH in office. Perhaps DJY is more capable and he is more capable if not how could he being promote. What is unacceptable is the thing that he sleeps with PDH's wife.

Traditionally, East Asian societies have always considered older people to be privileged over younger people.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Thomas Zhang said:

Traditionally, East Asian societies have always considered older people to be privileged over younger people.

This is why Asian countries will always behind Europes and USA in economic. Our manners defeat human creativity. 

Just because some people born earlier, doesn’t mean that they are more capable than people who were born later.

btw I am sorry if this post is off topic. Hehe..

I just feel that senior junior competition in this drama is so.. strange. 

DJY is a man who will always looking for a chance to always grow in his career. While PDH is a man who is always satisfied with simple things and routine. A man with POV like PDH can not be a CEO from my POV. He is lack in ambition and spirit. To gain more in career, people need ambition. A simple man with simple POV and love simple things like PDH, will just live the same way everyday until he dies. The only lack in DYJ personality is he has no sincerity to others. But that is human. Always have good side and bad side <3

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

53 minutes ago, Gumiho said:

While PDH is a man who is always satisfied with simple things and routine. A man with POV like PDH can not be a CEO from my POV. He is lack in ambition and spirit. To gain more in career, people need ambition. A simple man with simple POV and love simple things like PDH, will just live the same way everyday until he dies. The only lack in DYJ personality is he has no sincerity to others. But that is human. Always have good side and bad side <3

I'm impressed by how perceptive you are already of the characteristics of DJY and DH, 5 episodes in! Keep all of this in mind as you keep watching! :):) 

On 2/6/2022 at 7:14 AM, Thomas Zhang said:

According to AR's word at the promotion party, Park Dong Hoon was good-looking, had good grades, and had good athletic ability. So this person is actually very proud inside and has some sense of superiority. He is really better suited to start his own business rather than holding back in a big company, especially considering the state of the Korean workplace.

Whoa! You're absolutely right - the way AR described him in Ep 14, you would think he would have accomplished more in his life, and that he probably would have a sense of superiority and pride. What happened to him?? :tears:

:joy:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 2/6/2022 at 11:39 PM, YukawaCattle said:

[The function of coffee at home.]

[Function of the tea room]

These are very impressive insights! I had to prepare lots of strong coffee (pun intended) to make sure I fully grasp all the concepts and patterns you are explaining here. And they all make sense! 

23 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

(1) The staff seats in Saman E&C are specially arranged.

In the office floor plan, how poetic that JA's seat is literally at the center of the entire room!  She is the main protagonist after all. 

(2) The photograph which hanging on the wall outside the tea room is significant.

I'm speechless how you were still able to catch that photo outside the tea room! :open_mouth: 

Indeed it looks like a cross esp. when viewed from afar.

[Conclusion]

The purpose of the tea room is to let DH use the coffee in the tea room as an excuse to get close to JA. And there will be another "tea room" in conceptual in the later plots that can let DH get close to JA reasonably.

This other tea room you're referring to is the resto-bar, right? :)

14 hours ago, Gumiho said:

Just because some people born earlier, doesn’t mean that they are more capable than people who were born later.

btw I am sorry if this post is off topic. Hehe..

Not really an off topic at all. I like your perspective that younger people are not necessarily less competent compared to older people in the work place. In the same manner that younger people are not necessarily less mature and more naïve when it comes to love. You will need to retain that view as you go along. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Ep 6

No matter how great a woman is, she is beneath her husband's reputation. A woman can't stand seeing her husband beneath her. (PDH's mother)

The quotes above is so negative. Hahaha. The positive quotes should be, a woman will be very proud if she has a husband with high reputation. hahaha.. From my POV, it's not about who is beneath who. It is more like if you fall then I fall with you, if you stand and fly then I too stand and fly with you. Because of husband is the head of the house. His position is.. precious. His status and everything will be affecting his wife.

Btw, I see that the problem with PDH's wife, was, she wanted 100% attention only to her. She affirmed that their family is only three people. PDH, her, and her son. This is a bit selfish. If so then why she left her son to be raised by her old mom in law? Her problem is she does not want to have only a simple life. That is why she could not understand her own husband. He is a simple husband and a man. 

Then she goes to find a young man who is not as simple as her husband and sleep with him. 

I see that PDH's wife personality and DYJ's are completed to each other. They always want more and more and more. Both are greedy. 

Poor PDH. Actually he is not a someone who suits to live in the Joseon period. He is just someone who is too simple and unfortunately surrounded by people with negative ambition. His wife and his CEO.

15 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I'm impressed by how perceptive you are already of the characteristics of DJY and DH, 5 episodes in! Keep all of this in mind as you keep watching! :):) 

:blush:

1 hour ago, actionscript said:

Not really an off topic at all. I like your perspective that younger people are not necessarily less competent compared to older people in the work place. In the same manner that younger people are not necessarily less mature and more naïve when it comes to love. You will need to retain that view as you go along. ^_^

Ahem.. I have not see 'love' topic between PDH and LJA yet :relaxed: and I hope not. I just like PDH to be just as simple as what I watch from ep 1 - 6 <3

Btw was that you or @the_sweetroad who wrote about young people came and shook the world of older people? Actually it is just the difference POV between generations. That is why it feels like 'you turn my whole world ups and downs'  :) 

I found an interesting quotes in ep 6

Men experience puberty twice. Once when their energy increases and once when their energy decreases <3

HAHAHAHAHA :Woah:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, actionscript said:

I had to prepare lots of strong coffee (pun intended) to make sure I fully grasp all the concepts and patterns you are explaining here.

:joy: LOL.

Yes, @YukawaCattle good insights recently! I'm not able to get into all those details without a lot of concentration, either, and I'm amazed you can lay it all out for us. Especially the cross photo outside the break room. I had thought it was just two buildings at first! Where did you get that layout of the office - did you draw that?

And yes @actionscript JA's desk really is in the middle of all the action. Wow!

4 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

I guess the MM crew let the cross represent JA, in addition to represent salvation, and maybe a little bit of Christianity idea.

God always listens to people's thoughts and never speaks, but he will silently helps everyone.

Then to DH, JA acts like a god. She always listens to DH's emotions and misfortunes and does not tell him. But she will help him silently.

Ooh, nice! I have always wondered why PDnim would "allow" the Christmas tree window in the show. If he didn't like it, he would have just picked another building for DH to break down in front of. I like the way you laid these out.

And yes, lots of Christian themes in the show...and I like that not only does JA help DH silently, she also makes herself say the words out loud to DH that he really needs to hear. Everyone else around DH talks "about" him, but JA is one of the only ones that encourages him directly. I think God does that with us, too. :wub:

2 hours ago, Gumiho said:

Ahem.. I have not see 'love' topic between PDH and LJA yet :relaxed: and I hope not.

Not by Episode 6, just yet. :lol: Lots of different types of love about to come as you go.

Did you like the scene when Sang Hoon tears his coat on the fence and there are feathers flying all around? And the soccer coach asking the middle-school soccer kids, "Do you think these adults know the rules?!" and the kids saying, "No."

That was when I was absolutely hooked on this show - I thought those elements of comedy were so creative and brilliant. I also loved that the show surprisingly introduced this part of Dong Hoon's life to us - soccer - as late as Episode 6.

2 hours ago, Gumiho said:

Btw was that you or @the_sweetroad who wrote about young people came and shook the world of older people? Actually it is just the difference POV between generations.

I agree with you to a certain point....I think younger people's POV does shake up older generations' POV. However, in this show, Dong Hoon's POV is still very different than others in his generation....which is why he receives a lot of criticism and worry from those around him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1