[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Heartiest congratulations to scriptwriter Park Hae Young for being awarded best script for My Mister, the amazing My Mister team for winning Best Drama, and the talented Lee Ji Eun for being nominated for Best Actress and winning Top Popularity Actress (TV category) in the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards! Truly well deserved! And so awesome to see this drama nominated in so many categories - a testament to the overall excellence of this production. Bravo!

• Like 9

Congratulations to Park Hae Young Writernim for winning the Best Screenplay award, Lee Ji Eun-nim for receiving Popularity Awards and My Ahjussi team for the Best Drama award.

A well deserved recognition for such a amazing drama! I'm so happy!

But, amidst the happiness, I also feel sad and disappointed because Lee Sun Kyun didn't get the Best Actor award for playing Park Dong Hoon...

Park Dong Hoon is not a glorified war hero, he's not a chaebol with a lot of money, he's not a fighter who could do a magnificent round kick. No. He's just an average middle age man, with flaws and mistakes. 

I have zero qualification to determine a winner of an award show. I can only say this. Park Dong Hoon has touch my heart. Through the actor, Lee Sun Kyun. The writing is superb, the directing is amazing, the team works is all you can commend for. But it is Lee Sun Kyun who had given life and soul to Park Dong Hoon, and made him not just a character in a drama but a living breathing human being. 

Thank you so much, Lee Sun Kyun-nim, for your hard work and sincere efforts...

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

It's such a bittersweet thing watching My Ajusshi take home the big prize. I am so damn proud. To win against the blockbuster Mr. Sunshine and the very recent mega hit Sky Castle, especially when this show finished its run almost exactly a year ago, was no small miracle. I thought the win in the 2nd Seoul Awards a few months ago had a little bit to do with the fact Mr. Sunshine was not even nominated. But last night proved that this show has made a deep impact on the Korean viewers as well. Wow!!

But Lee Seon Kyun lost to Lee Byung Hyun again!!! :angry: I get the award giving body tried to spread the love around (not really, but whatever), but I am very upset that LSK did not get to be formally recognized for his Park Dong Hoon in the form of an acting award. :bawling::bawling: :bawling:   But big congrats to Park Hae Young to take home the only other award they were able to give to our show.

I knew the Baeksang would be the last official hurrah for My Ajusshi, and that's the bittersweet part for me. I guess I should try harder to move on, too. :tears:

Image result for ì´ì 균

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Congratulation My Ahjussi! Best Drama and Best Script and also popularity award for IU. Thank you for being my muse more than 1 year. I still feel the warmth that left by My Ahjussi in my heart until now. Lastly, thank you all for your beautiful insights and discussion in this thread.

PS: do you have any current drama reccomandation that has active soompi forum like my ahjussi? I find almost all drama only have page less than 50. Thank you.

• Like 6

Hey y'all!!!

We're still here, and still impacted so deeply by this brilliant drama!

I legit burst into tears when Best Screenwriter and Best Drama for My Ahjussi was announced! I have never been more invested in the outcome of an awards ceremony like I was yesterday!! Even though they couldn't win every category they were nominated in, I am glad Ahjussi won these two very important awards.

Congratulations to everyone involved in bringing this masterpiece to life. To the Writer, Director and Production Crew, the Cast, and everyone involved, you have given us drama of our lives. I am eternally grateful. I truly love these people I have never met!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, ayamom said:

Congratulation My Ahjussi! Best Drama and Best Script and also popularity award for IU. Thank you for being my muse more than 1 year. I still feel the warmth that left by My Ahjussi in my heart until now. Lastly, thank you all for your beautiful insights and discussion in this thread.

PS: do you have any current drama reccomandation that has active soompi forum like my ahjussi? I find almost all drama only have page less than 50. Thank you.

I have some consent too about how many pages some drama could attract viewers to follow and how many Soompier had write down their opinions, back then  so many well discussed,well written theory and heavy quarrel over plot or actor acting will handsomely postings made a moderator busy with their works.

But nowadays is rare to finding that environment in Soompi:tears:

Last i get in exciting threads was in My Mister too..

Another drama even got good ratings merely runs in 50 or the best is in 100pages, maybe Soompi run out their devoted followers whom have creative opponions to write down or like we knew nowadays not so many new youngsters like to read or to write, technology made us lazy and taught as depends on machine thou.

It's so sad when our intellect ben closed in this way, some time old values is quite good to follow when the new one seems deteriorate our own well being in long term.

I really wish that's glowing environment comeback to Soompi or there were who is consent with developing writings culture in Soompi should invited again all the good writer posting comeback to make a live Soompi thread and spreads readings and discussion culture.

I hope Jieunie drama could attract Sompier and my Ahjussi lover to write down theirs opinions and argues in good manners like in this thread.

Have good day Soompier.

:heart:

Please cheers up Hotel de luna thread.

• Like 5

I am so excited to learn of the wonderful and surprising results for 'My Ahjussi' at the Baeksang Awards!

We were all hoping that our beloved drama would get recognized but with the popularity of some of the other dramas most of felt that even a nomination would be a win. Then when the nominations came out I felt that winning would be great but would that really happen?

I can't believe they actually won! I guess the voters did recognize the beauty and greatness of MA.

Now that our show has been recognized as the 'Best Drama' I couldn't be happier!!! Except I did agree with @sadiesmith 

On 5/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, sadiesmith said:

It's such a bittersweet thing watching My Ajusshi take home the big prize. I am so damn proud. To win against the blockbuster Mr. Sunshine and the very recent mega hit Sky Castle, especially when this show finished its run almost exactly a year ago, was no small miracle. I thought the win in the 2nd Seoul Awards a few months ago had a little bit to do with the fact Mr. Sunshine was not even nominated. But last night proved that this show has made a deep impact on the Korean viewers as well. Wow!!

But Lee Seon Kyun lost to Lee Byung Hyun again!!! :angry: I get the award giving body tried to spread the love around (not really, but whatever), but I am very upset that LSK did not get to be formally recognized for his Park Dong Hoon in the form of an acting award. :bawling::bawling: :bawling:   But big congrats to Park Hae Young to take home the only other award they were able to give to our show.

I knew the Baeksang would be the last official hurrah for My Ajusshi, and that's the bittersweet part for me. I guess I should try harder to move on, too. :tears:

I was so proud of 'My Ahjussi' but I was also disappointed that LSK didn't get recognized for his portrayal of Dong Hoon.

I felt disappointment just like I was not initially happy with the ending of the drama. But after reading comments about the ending and thinking about it I did come around to think the ending was the best we could hope for considering the audience. Just like then, after being upset about the non-award for LSK I realized that he and everyone else who participated in MA all go home as winners!

As the 'Best Drama' of the year everyone was recognized as being Best. The director, writer, staff and actors (lead, supporting and background) were all essential pieces in this production. It wasn't just one actor that was recognized. The whole team was recognized.

Every person who participated in MA was deemed worthy of being named as the Best. The drama wouldn't have succeeded without everyone doing their part. So in my eyes and in the eyes of this awards giving group every person involved in MA is considered a winner!

I think this is the appropriate result for our residents of Hugye. A group effort. And that brings me comfort.

How about another round of drinks. Some celebratory songs. A nice meal for our special pair at the their special restaurant.

And please more fanfic!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, popai5 said:

I felt disappointment just like I was not initially happy with the ending of the drama. But after reading comments about the ending and thinking about it I did come around to think the ending was the best we could hope for considering the audience. Just like then, after being upset about the non-award for LSK I realized that he and everyone else who participated in MA all go home as winners!

As the 'Best Drama' of the year everyone was recognized as being Best. The director, writer, staff and actors (lead, supporting and background) were all essential pieces in this production. It wasn't just one actor that was recognized. The whole team was recognized.

Every person who participated in MA was deemed worthy of being named as the Best. The drama wouldn't have succeeded without everyone doing their part. So in my eyes and in the eyes of this awards giving group every person involved in MA is considered a winner!

I think this is the appropriate result for our residents of Hugye. A group effort. And that brings me comfort.

How about another round of drinks. Some celebratory songs. A nice meal for our special pair at the their special restaurant.

And please more fanfic!

You are completely right. My Ajusshi winning Best Drama of the Year is a recognition for ALL involved. And it all started with Park Hae Young's concept and subsequent script. I am much comforted already. 

• Like 7

You guys!!! They won for Best Drama!! (and also Best Writer).

I was hoping that they would but had resigned myself to the fact that the other higher rated shows would get it.

I mean we all know LSK deserves so much more but the fact that this got best drama is also a testament to his talent. Just like in the show if Ji An (and the audience) doesn't grow to care for and respect Dong Hoon, the show doesn't work. Like all the other key players - the writer/director/Jieun/etc - the show is what it is because of him!

Also I just miss them so MUCH. 

Do they want me to cry? Is that what they want?!!

Idk why but the first thought that went through my head when I saw this was Jealous!DongHoon lmao.

(Someone help a girl out here with some fanfic.)

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

this drama just keeps on giving and keeps on getting. this is so astounding.

The slice of life genre just warms the soul in a way no other genre can. This drama screams hope, hope is there when you turn the corner of a nondescript alleyway, when you ring your friend after a long day, when you press the password of your house and then you tell yourself, "welcome home," and then slouch on the couch, burned out from a 9-5 rank-and-file job. It is there in the eyes of your mister, your miss, your grannies or gramps helping you get by. I don't know much about any of you, but may this drama bring you a sense of hope in a hopeless world. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'm living for the recognition MA is getting :wub: so satisfying and a real joy to see that the drama is getting all the well-deserved awards. LSK not getting any award is still disappointing but I'm still incredibly proud of the whole team. I won't get tired with talking how amazing MA really is, even today just a little thought is enough and my heart is full with warmth and hope for the future.

Definitely love seeing them together. Watching the videos it made me want to see IU and LSK again together in something new. Just imagine, what a dream come true it would be. they are too good together :triumph:

• Like 5