[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Sincerely little bit sorry for Lee jieun/IU new charm as actor soar to the max after her leejieundary role as Jian in my mister, might increases her hectic schedule as Singer become crazy schedule crossed with demands she acting  on the film's or drama from many PH.

In other hand we are very indulging by her never ending performance here and there opps..sorry Jieunaa..take a good rest, enjoy me time with the loves one, sleep well ...and..new drama please:blush:(of course we know she will release new album next year, the chance for drama is low..but..we the fans allowed to dream right?)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, widala said:

Just for fun :D

Vote for My Ahjussi :thumbsup:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/2018-year-in-review-beanie-awards-vote-for-your-favorite-dramas-of-the-year/

There are other categories. If you have time, please vote for anything related to My Ahjussi...

This MA caption is so funny :lol: (and correct?)

@widala,:P i laughed so hard too, reading my Ahjussi caption...thumb up for the writer, the description so easygoing..lol..but i love this kind of joke..brilliant sum up..

The part  crack me up is "tell me who to kill"...oh my where is i read that pun..and bum...i remember Vs.Naipaul books:lol:

Lol, this writer could killed you with his senses of humor believe  me (finger crossed).the mystic measures  is the best:lol:

• Like 5

Hi everyone -waves-

its been a crazy half year. I’m back because I started watching sky castle. And also finally have a bit of reprieve from work and family and writing obligations.

ive been checking in every now and then and glad to see everyone still sharing in the Ahjussi love and @sadiesmith and @widala especially still going strong.

@riazni as we close off the year Ahjussi remains very special in my heart, something that still continues to comfort and give me strength today.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, justamom said:

Hi everyone -waves-

its been a crazy half year. I’m back because I started watching sky castle. And also finally have a bit of reprieve from work and family and writing obligations.

ive been checking in every now and then and glad to see everyone still sharing in the Ahjussi love and @sadiesmith and @widala especially still going strong.

@riazni as we close off the year Ahjussi remains very special in my heart, something that still continues to comfort and give me strength today.

Oh my gosh, look who's back! We've missed you a lot! The MA love is not going away anytime soon, and in fact, I am starting my 3rd watch, although it's going slower than a snail's pace.

Any drama that managed to get @justamom out of her self-imposed break is worth a look. 

• Like 4

Hi all,

It's the holiday season and my mind was wandering and of course it settled on MA!

So, I was thinking about what @oldschooler wrote about glass and what @h2ogirl and others wrote about all the traffic signals. I decided to write a song about both of those topics. But it ended up being more of a bad poem and a weird song from a musical. I don't want to ruin the holidays but I'm offering you my thoughts about 'glass' here and my longer 4 scene musical about traffic lights in another post. 

I just quickly glanced through the pages and @t123han fates and furies stars the leads that had starred together in a show several years ago. I'll look up their names and the show and post later with a synopsis of the drama. It is almost like other melodramas but it is different enough. Plus I just like the leads.

Spoiler. Here goes the poem/song. Skip to next post everyone.

This is our beloved Jian's mind wandering, hoping, speaking.

Looking through the subway window at the coat on a slumping frame.

My heart reaches out to touch your soul praying your reflection does the same.

Moon bright this night but through dusty glass can't pierce the gloom from this depressing room.

Cold bite of night, in open air, can't dim the fond glow gleaned from my mated soul.

On the road I spy you engaged, seemingly cozy in your life.

But on another day those eyes can't hide such pent up hurt and strife.

At my reflection I say, "it's no big deal".

But why? Oh my! This longing do I feel.

Oh glass barrier if only it will break.

But your earnestness and morality so impossible to shake.

I long to meet. Long to touch. Long to share.

Shatter this glass barrier and expose your emotions bare.

In our special place we share a meal, a laugh, a drink.

A sanctuary where we don't care what other's think.

At my reflection I say, "it's no big deal".

Oh my. Won't deny. My heart you did steal.

Looking through the subway window at the coat on a comforting frame.

My heart reaches out to hold you tight. We now agree there is no shame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hey Everyone!

I've really missed you guys, and missed talking about this show. This show has become one of my all time faves (regarding any sort of media) and the love I have for this show - I'll always carry it with me.

@popai5 Woah I love your poem! I think you really nailed Ji An's character here. It reminded of the Dear Moon lyrics, though in that song she is a little more resigned about her feelings and doesn't have any expectations to possess her source of light/hope. But in your poem the longing just peeks through despite her intentions. It really made me ache for Ji An all over again.

Anyway I just wanted to drop by and wish you guys Happy Holidays! I hope all of you are leading happy and comfortable lives.

Fighting.png

• Like 6

Welcome, again, @justamom! I’m sure many have missed you here in this thread, I’m really glad that you decided to pop by, and I’m secretly hoping that you might write something about MA, here or in the fanfic :D

ah, it’s almost the end of the year, time for contemplating and reflecting and as I’m counting the blessing I’ve received for the year, My Ahjusshi would be one of the best gifts of the year of 2018 has given me, not only the drama itself but also this community,, so I thank you all, for sharing the fun, and thoughtful analysis (which is fun too!), and really, it was such a great time for me watching My Ahjusshi acoompanied by this thread, what a combo!

It’s festive season, I hope everyone have a fun and wonderful time, let’s be happy!

• Like 6

@widala @africandramalover and

@justamom (welcome back) I really wanted to watch Sky Castle but viki doesn't show it in my area. I'll have to try and watch it somehow. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm glad it is a good show.

@t123han Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook star in fates and furies. They were in the 2014 drama Cunning Single Lady. F/F is a Saturday drama showing four 30 minute episodes in a row. It is about a rich shoemaker but his status in the family is rocky because of the usual step-mother/brother dynamics. He meets a poor shoemaker who is enlisted to break-up his upcoming (loveless/business related) marriage to a rich woman by another rich man who used to like that rich woman. Sounds typical right? But I enjoy watching LMJ and JSW so I'll keep watching.

@arctichare Thank you for your kind words. Happy Holidays to you! (Sorry but I can't manage to remove your name below. You get posted twice!) :)

@arctichare

• Like 4

Sorry for the continuous posting but I wanted to put this out there before the start of the new year. It gets kind of busy at work during this time so I'm not sure if I will be able to post this later.

Here is my musical version of the relationship between JA and DH. No other characters involved. Done in four parts. Done with the idea of the traffic signals. Some of it is kinda funny whether intentional or just from knowing the show (sorry, but I have a strange sense of humor).

It's been a while since I have seen the drama so the sequence of events might be a little off.

My apologies.

JA = Ji An thinking, conversing, singing

DH = Dong Hoon trying to do the same.

Part 1 - Signals flash yellow. Caution

JA - It costs to be nice. To be cold there is no price.

DH - It takes effort to try. Won't back-stab and lie.

JA - Make some easy money. This loser doesn't care.

Interest payments don't stop. Life just isn't fair.

DH - Under-dressed for winter. Takes the coffee too.

But she made the chaos stop. Why I have no clue.

JA - Have no shame. Not to blame. I'm just here to eat.

DH - Stuffs her face. Has no grace. I'm just here to treat.

JA - Spying on the sadness. Hearing that mesmerizing voice.

Feelings begin, but they must stop. There is no other choice.

DH - My interest has been piqued but I know what I must do.

Block these thoughts like a crossing guard although it feels brand new.

JA - There is no confusion. The signals are so clear.

My heart is pounding frantically when that voice I hear.

JA and DH - We are living in the wrong time. In the wrong place. The yellow lights

of caution slows our pace.

Part 2 Signals flash a faster yellow. About to turn red.

JA - Attempted a kiss. Didn't miss. The reaction was disgust.

DH - That's so bold. It must be told. It only fosters mistrust.

JA - He fights to protect his family.

DH - She's responsible for her family.

JA - Is he like me?

DH - She is better than me.

JA - He called me a good person, but to us he was so nice.

DH - She is a good person, but has lived paying such a price.

DH - Is she like me?

JA - Can he like me?

JA - The slippers were a mistake. They surely won't be worn.

DH - Buy me another pair. Without them I am torn. (or without them my feet aren't warm).

JA - My heart aches when you are hurting; when you look so down.

Must tell you hang in there. Fighting! Please remove that frown.

JA - He fights for me.

DH - She speaks for me.

JA - He hurts so bad.

DH - She is so sad.

JA and DH - We are living in the wrong time. In the wrong place. The yellow lights of

caution slows our pace.

Part 3 Signals flash red slowly.

JA - It's me. I had to call from this booth that is so small

DH - It's me? Is that all? Did you think we're all having a ball?

JA - It is best that I'm not around. I have a job. I am fine.

DH - I hear you but can't make a sound. I mustn't cross any line.

JA - I must hide alone but I really miss his voice.

DH - She tapped my phone but she had no other choice.

DH - You don't have to flee. Please Ji An. Call meeee.

JA - He found out what I did. Have to run away.

Who am I to kid (or he must have blown his lid). Can't be caught today.

DH - Where the heck did you go? Why do I run so slow?

JA - You're a fool. That's what you get.

DH - You're a jewel. There's no need to fret (or won't hug you yet).

JA - I did wrong. I listened in.

DH - You protected me. There is no sin.

JA - I missed his voice.

DH - She had no choice.

JA and DH - We are living in the wrong time. We must stop when we hear the wind chime.

Part 3 The signal stays red. But after red the signal turns green.

JA - You told me to call. Grandma has died.

DH - You turn then fall. You loved and cried.

JA - Don't want to be sappy but grandma would be so happy.

DH - Flowers more than a few. It's all thanks to my brother.

JA - I'm thankful more to you. More than any other.

JA - I have to go (or I have to leave).  I will miss the bar.

DH - I feel so low (or I can't believe). Why go so far?

JA - I'm so sorry.

DH - No need to worry.

JA - For you to be happy is my wish.

DH - Live up to your name you must accomplish.

JA - Before I go can I have a hug?

DH - Embracing so. My heart does so tug.

DH - He asks how is she doing? Is she alright?

I answer, why would she call me? Do you want to fight?

There is no news to tell. But chairman says she is well.

JA - Back in Seoul. That was the goal.

DH - No longer low. Now a CEO!

JA - I hear his voice. I have no choice.

It's been awhile but I see that smile.

DH - There is that face in this curious place.

Missed her so. Thus my smile does grow.

JA - Back in the city. No need for pity.

DH - Back in the city. I feel so giddy.

JA - Gotta run. Will call you soon for a meal.

DH - Let's shake hands now to seal the deal.

JA - He holds my hand so tightly. He is smiling so brightly.

DH - She confidently said she'll call me again.

A clear signal that our new life will begin!

JA and DH - We are living in the right time. In the right place.

We'll stroll the green gardens at our own pace.

Walking hand in hand the curtain comes down.

Happy end to the year everyone!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

Thanks @popai5 for sharing the poem and the musical... They are wonderful :thumbsup:

@roseariel, I think they were talking about soju. He was asked what is his favorite soju, he answered with one brand, but because of IU he tried another brand (she was that soju's ad model).

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Spoiler

Dramabeans review on MA

Though I sympathized deeply with Lee Ji-an and rooted for her to find a measure of peace and safety, it was to Park Dong-hoon with whom I found myself truly empathizing. His life wasn’t so bad, but it wasn’t all that great. Park Dong-hoon is competent in his job, yet largely unrecognized. He’s knee-deep in a dissatisfying marriage and forced to take care of an emotionally needy family. He’s obviously thoughtful and kind, yet My Ajusshishowed him slogging through a rough patch of adulthood and on the receiving end of very little personal care and affection.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/2018-year-in-review-finding-myself-in-dramas/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, widala said:
3 hours ago, widala said:

Thanks @popai5 for sharing the poem and the musical... They are wonderful :thumbsup:

@roseariel, I think they were talking about soju. He was asked what is his favorite soju, he answered with one brand, but because of IU he tried another brand (she was that soju's ad model).

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Reveal hidden contents

Dramabeans review on MA

Though I sympathized deeply with Lee Ji-an and rooted for her to find a measure of peace and safety, it was to Park Dong-hoon with whom I found myself truly empathizing. His life wasn’t so bad, but it wasn’t all that great. Park Dong-hoon is competent in his job, yet largely unrecognized. He’s knee-deep in a dissatisfying marriage and forced to take care of an emotionally needy family. He’s obviously thoughtful and kind, yet My Ajusshishowed him slogging through a rough patch of adulthood and on the receiving end of very little personal care and affection.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/2018-year-in-review-finding-myself-in-dramas/

@widala Ah..I'm kinda dissapointed. I thought he talked about My Ahjussi, but it's okay. Btw, he has done filming "Parasite". Do you guys think there will be any romantic scenes between him and his co-star? Sorry..but I know most of you want to see him in a romantic role..LOLOL

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1