[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

On 29.12.2017 at 4:10 AM, Joseph Lim said:

Actor Kim Youngmin will play as Do Joonyoung who was a junior of Park Donghoon (Lee Sunkyun) in university and currently a CEO in a company.

Cr: @4seasonswithIU 

will this guy also play IU's love interest? he is quite appealing to me :) when will this be aired?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 5:53 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

will this guy also play IU's love interest? he is quite appealing to me :) when will this be aired?

Maybe:tongue: Look like everyone is pair up in this series :lol:

This show will be taking over "Mother" time slot. So assuming "Mother" have 16 episodes, this show is expected to air around late March.

Na Moon Hee will play Byun Yo Sun, a loving mother who worries about her youngest son, Park Kihoon who has yet to get married despite being over 40. Son Sook will play JiAn’s (Lee Jieun) grandmother, Bong Ae who’s been sick since JiAn was 6.

DS_O6wNUMAA1fyg.jpgDS_O6wOVwAACVtA.jpg

Cr: @4seasonswithIU 

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post as needed. Thanks.
  • Like 4

The fact that it’s called ‘my ahjussi’ like the main female lead is referring to older male lead as hers, makes it seem like they will have romance or be main OTP? (Seeing as his other love interests were cast for them too...) just kinda confused why it’s called my ahjussi if they’re not gonna end up dating.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, philosophie said:

The fact that it’s called ‘my ahjussi’ like the main female lead is referring to older male lead as hers, makes it seem like they will have romance or be main OTP? (Seeing as his other love interests were cast for them too...) just kinda confused why it’s called my ahjussi if they’re not gonna end up dating.

Probably they have a romance, I don`t know. I admit that I don`t like it but there are other aspects in this drama that interest me: the relationship between the brothers, their stories as ordinary people, their mother and her worries ...

Reading again about the characters in the first page of this thread, it is obvious that they will make a romantic relationship between the protagonists (she is send to find Park Dong Hoon/ Lee Sung Gyun`s weakness but she falls for his charm?) Knowing that and still want to watch this drama. Hope I won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

On 1/8/2018 at 3:03 PM, philosophie said:

I highly doubt there will be any romance line between the female lead and the older male lead. They have already say the focus will be on the value of life and healing. There was never any mention of romance. Also the male lead is already married. Regarding the title, they can't just call it Ahjussi cause it will be confuse with the movie with similar title. Note that the movie with similar title do not have romance too. Ahjussi is use when calling someone unfamiliar. See they already put the distance in the relationship between two lead in the title. Let's try not to jump to any conclusion before the show even start. Try not to read too much into the title. It is like judging a book by its cover. Just relax and wait for the show to air first.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

he gets the job to monitor his boss automatically he gives attention to do his job perfectly.

I highly doubthe gets the job to monitor his boss automatically he gives attention to do his job perfectly.

there will be any romance line between the female lead and the older male lead. They have already say the focus will be on the value of life and healing. There was never any mention of romance. Also the male lead is already married. Regarding the title, they can't just call it Ahjussi cause it will be confuse with the movie with similar title. Note that the movie with similar title do not have romance too. Ahjussi is use when calling someone unfamiliar. See they already put the distance in the relationship between two lead in the title. Let's try not to jump to any conclusion before the show even start. Try not to read too much into the title. It is like judging a book by its cover. Just relax and wait for the show to air first.

as i ever watching drama abt man & woman who hv hug gap ages...they still hv romantic here.if u ever seeing drama of kim so eun & yin ji han/kim ji han.there is jihan wife in drama...even its, they still get soeun pregnant with jihan son at the end story.she called jihan also 'ahjussi' at drama.

Ahjussi is used to calling someone who not familiar with i,someone who u met at first time or someone who hv huge gap ages with u & u with him hv not family relationship.

maybe just like here..sunkyun oppa hv wife from begining story.they said she hv problem since the early of their marriage.so its possible they will divorce as time flying day to day.while the second son wife hv not problem with her husband.also the third son wife.

In description of jian character said: "she fall for his charm bla bla bla" means she will interest of her boss right?coz she got job to monitor his boss otomatically she hv attention to do her job perfectly.if u ever seeing someone in movie get revenge to the other family..the end he/she will in love with one of their son/daughter.

watching lee yoo ri in "Promise" (revenge drama) or liked IM NOT ROBOT drama.the girl who get task to working part time as robot she will fall in love with her master at the end.

so im positive jian will fall in love with park at the first time.coz he is the only one she ever believed.she never trust someone before.she living with sick grandma who need money for get treatment.  

• Like 5

Jan 12 2018

tvN to air “My Mister” from March 21, 2018

My-Ajusshi-SM3-22.jpg

tvN has announced that drama series “My Mister,” starring Lee Sun-Kyun and IU, will first air March 21, 2018 in South Korea. The drama series will air Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9PM following the conclusion of drama series “Mother.” In the drama series “My Mister,” Lee Sun-Kyun will play Park Dong-Hoon. He is in his 40’s and works as an architect. IU will play Lee Ji-An. She begins work at the same architect firm as Park Dong-Hoon, but as a temp employee.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/tvn-to-air-my-mister-from-march-21-2018

• Like 6

On 1/8/2018 at 1:44 AM, larus said:

Probably they have a romance, I don`t know. I admit that I don`t like it but there are other aspects in this drama that interest me: the relationship between the brothers, their stories as ordinary people, their mother and her worries ...

Reading again about the characters in the first page of this thread, it is obvious that they will make a romantic relationship between the protagonists (she is send to find Park Dong Hoon/ Lee Sung Gyun`s weakness but she falls for his charm?) Knowing that and still want to watch this drama. Hope I won't be disappointed.

I read "she falls for his charms" to mean that she opens up to him, but not necessarily in a romantic way.  Her character sounds jaded and cynical, so maybe her meeting with LSK's character will change her and motivate her to embrace people again.  Likewise, he may have given up hope for a happy life, and his friendship with her will change that.  So many possibilities, and I can't wait.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I read "she falls for his charms" to mean that she opens up to him, but not necessarily in a romantic way.  Her character sounds jaded and cynical, so maybe her meeting with LSK's character will change her and motivate her to embrace people again.  Likewise, he may have given up hope for a happy life, and his friendship with her will change that.  So many possibilities, and I can't wait.

If they will keep the leads in the non romantic relationship it will be great. The story looks more meaningful this way.  It looks like many characters here have to change/ to heal so I am looking forward to their story.

• Like 5

im really curious abt ki-yong roles.btw why so much people here not like' sunkyun ahjussi to be with her on this drama.it is only drama not even ini real life ahjussi hv beautiful wife.dont worry!

is it her job as actress do not choose who man she liked to partner with.

pls support whtever writerNim put things here.did writerNim really said "no loveline" ?give me link thankyou :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HRyujin said:

im really curious abt ki-yong roles.btw why so much people here not like' sunkyun ahjussi to be with her on this drama.it is only drama not even ini real life ahjussi hv beautiful wife.dont worry!

is it her job as actress do not choose who man she liked to partner with.

pls support whtever writerNim put things here.did writerNim really said "no loveline" ?give me link thankyou :)

Because it makes me mad when fans of IU think LSK is not worthy of their idol: that he is too old, not good-looking enough, even so far as calling him a pervert.  How they can't bear to see him kiss their girl, blah, blah, blah...  So, while I think I will enjoy a well-made, thoughtful, and sensitive romance between an older man and a younger woman (not an underage girl, mind you), I don't think it's worth the insults people have been heaping at the older actors recently.