[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

14 hours ago, t123han said:

I too feel the same.  He is not afraid to even casually touch Jung Hee during those initial meeting when she was completely wasted. It shows that PDH is not allergic to female company !! He considers her his family hence is not uncomfortable around her like he gets around yoora. 

Coming to jian , that’s a totally different case. She is not just collegeue and not a family member going by the heart wrenching looks he gives her everytime he looks at her.

between is this yours ??

https://widala09.wordpress.com/

i stumbled  upon it today :)

Just wondering. He also reluctant to talk to Yoora and still maintain a distance with her. Does it the same feeling like when he avoid to meet or to connect with JA? I mean why he treated Yoora the same way like JA at first? I know this is super random question, but I just don't like they potray him also shy with her till the end. LOL

2 hours ago, ladyrini said:

Just wondering. He also reluctant to talk to Yoora and still maintain a distance with her. Does it the same feeling like when he avoid to meet or to connect with JA? I mean why he treated Yoora the same way like JA at first? I know this is super random question, but I just don't like they potray him also shy with her till the end. LOL

I don’t think PDH is shy around women. He is just not interested in forming any bond with women in office our outside work. He is basically not at all interested in interacting with other sex. There is no temptation so strong to start any interaction until jian came along and shook his world.

The way he was behaving with yoora showed he was not interested in interacting with with her. I mean he doesn’t care  and is  basically is lazy to even have a basic conversation for formality. 

But the way he is bahaves with jian is more on lines of being conscious around her. He is definitely attracted towards her, he looks at her cube so many times.

If I remember correctly, his first encounter was when he was zoned out in train and saw her from back . He kept looking at her shoes and trying to look at her face to make sure it was her. When they got down from train he also looked back to confirm it was her. Remember we are talking about PDH. He will never look at a woman twice , but he kept looking at jian.

He saw her second time in the supermarket( I maybe be wrong , just trying to recollect). She dint have enough money to buy persimmons and he got it on behalf of her and when he came out to give her she was gone. 

So PDH was never not intrigued by jian !!! She was on his radar all the time. During later episodes he purposely limited his interaction with her because maybe he was getting uncomfortable with his feelings towards her since it was in grey area. She was like fire and he wanted to stay away from getting all burned up . 

But the attraction was always there from the beginning to end .

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ladyrini said:

In my opinion, PDH's reason to ignore Yoo Ra when they first met, besides his shyness, is more like his attempt to care for Ki Hoon's feelings.

https://i.imgur.com/jqge3wG.gifv

PDH looked at Ki Hoon briefly after YR noticed him, and then proceed to enter the bar without acknowledging her.

Inside the bar, while the other talked about PDH promotion and his other good qualities, the camera kept zoom in on Ki Hoon's uncomfortable face.

yx733zh.png

When PDH totally ignoring YR who congratulate him on his promotion, Sang Hoon said he can be too shy, and then Ki Hoon said he like that PDH is so shy.

B05WkCh.png

snGSyrn.png

PDH doesn't like to be the center of attention, and he doesn't want to hurt Ki Hoon by taking YR's attention.

Because how would you feel if the girl you like is fawning over your more successful older brother?

Although we know that YR really likes Ki Hoon and she's just being her friendly self...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, widala said:

In my opinion, PDH's reason to ignore Yoo Ra when they first met, besides his shyness, is more like his attempt to care for Ki Hoon's feelings.

https://i.imgur.com/jqge3wG.gifv

PDH looked at Ki Hoon briefly after YR noticed him, and then proceed to enter the bar without acknowledging her.

Inside the bar, while the other talked about PDH promotion and his other good qualities, the camera kept zoom in on Ki Hoon's uncomfortable face.

When PDH totally ignoring YR who congratulate him on his promotion, Sang Hoon said he can be too shy, and then Ki Hoon said he like that PDH is so shy.

PDH doesn't like to be the center of attention, and he doesn't want to hurt Ki Hoon by taking YR's attention.

Because how would you feel if the girl you like is fawning over your more successful older brother?

Although we know that YR really likes Ki Hoon and she's just being her friendly self...

@widala, thank you.  I remember being confused by these exchanges, and your explanation makes a lot of sense.  This is one place where I feel the acting/directing is not very on point.  

• Like 4

Annyeong,  everyone!  Decided to randomly search MA-related key words and found reviews from other less-well known blogs. Here are some of them that I'm sharing with you:

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/05/spoilersddoboja-reviews-my-ahjussi-

https://www.stellarsisters.com/dramas/critique-my-mister-lee-sunkyun-iu-dra

Second one is in French so just Google-translate it. 

Amazing how this drama really continues to inspire a lot of viewers which,  to me,  is the mark of a story that becomes an enduring classic. :)

• Like 6

I have learned a lot from @africandramalover and other posters here on how to pay attention to the littlest things, because apparently director KWS does not waste any scene.  As I tried to put together my thoughts on Dongho bridge, the sequence of scenes sort of just wrote itself into a post.  LSK was not joking when he said this director is like a conductor.  Hope you guys will enjoy the 5 locations we are putting up on the fan site.  @oldschooler already shared her thoughts on Hangang Bridge.  Here's number 2 location: Dongho Bridge.

My Mister Locations : Dongho Bridge (Part 2/5)

MY MISTER LOCATIONS : DONGHO BRIDGE (PART 2/5)

The magnificent Dongho Bridge comes to scene several times in My Ajusshi, but the carefully orchestrated events leading up to its appearance at the end of episode 2 would lead one to think there might be a story to tell. Turns out it is used to signal the beautiful relationship that is about to form between Lee Ji An and Park Dong Hoon.
Read the more on Give Me Slippers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

https://www.google.com/amp/hailaft.tumblr.com/post/174045924029/my-ahjussi-2018/amp

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/05/spoilersddoboja-reviews-my-ahjussi-my.html?m=1

@t123han can you try the above links?  The second one is the link that you tried but does not exist. There was a missing portion of the URL that I copied and pasted. The first one is another review that I'm sharing. :)

• Like 2

Hi all!!!

I'm glad to see that so many of you are still posting and reading and that there are a few new posters! I had some personal issues to deal with and have been away for awhile. I was away for so long that MA was becoming a fond memory and I started to watch new programs. But I realized that I was constantly comparing comparable events/scenes to MA and my thoughts would always drift back to the awesomeness of the writing, directing, acting, music and editing that was MA. I tire now of all these contrived plots where there is a secret between characters that almost gets revealed but something happens and the secret stays a secret ( @justamom do they teach that in scriptwriting?) No bueno!

So, I finally felt like I could handle visiting the fan site and to my surprise I see these photos from an interview given by LSK and LJE. To paraphrase a famous line from one of the 'Godfather' films (I've never seen the films, shame on me) "I try to get out of Hugye and this Soompi thread but I just get pulled back in!"

I got teary-eyed looking at the photos of LSK and LJE looking at each other and smiling. Then the photo of LJE resting her head on LSK's shoulder and them together sitting with their backs touching. I may be one of the few males still reading/posting but I am not ashamed to say that I got so emotional seeing them like this. It validated my feelings/hopes that DH and JA were together! I needed more MA news so of course I had to check out the thread.

So, I started reading the 30 or so pages of this thread that I had to catch up on. So many posts like the tips from @t123han and analysis by @oldschooler the pictures from @mylovelystar, updates from @Joseph Lim@sadiesmith putting my mind in the gutter (oh, sorry it is always there anyway!) helped me relive all the fond memories! Thanks!

Reading several of the posts talking about DH's rebirth and 'new Spring' and JA's rebirth it made me laugh how I was so scared about all the talk early in the drama about 'not being comfortable in this life', of 'reincarnation' or being 'reborn' and 'the next life'. I was so afraid that DH or JA was going to die at the end. This was before we started to recognize all the symbolism in the show. I was just thinking about the show as a traditional drama and not realizing the imagination of the PD and writer. Now I truly realize that this meeting between JA and DH in the Spring-time is the beginning of their respective 'new Spring days'. And although we may be wrong I agree with @h2ogirl regarding the 1 year time jump. It really would be heartbreaking to think that JA and DH had to be apart for any longer!

One last thing, (sorry the post is soooo long) a couple of posters have mentioned 'Hyori's Home Stay' or 'Hyori's Bed and Breakfast'. For those of you who haven't seen it you should check out Season 1. It is the season IU/LJE is on as an 'employee'.

It is interesting to see the parallels between LJE with her character JA on MA.

1) Check out LJE washing dishes. It's one of her chores. She washes them by hand. In MA JA does the dish rinsing

at her part-time job.

2) Watch  LJE grinding coffee beans and making real coffee. Contrast with the packaged instant coffee JA drinks

in MA.

3) LJE chews her food slowly and takes forever to complete a meal on Home Stay.  Contrast that with JA

gulping down her food in the early episodes of MA.

4) LJE has an unusual  running form on 'Hyori's Home Stay'.  They even make fun of her running motion (poor LJE).  Compare that with her aggressive running form in MA and how often she has to run. I think she even mentions that her running improved after having to run so much on MA.

5) Several of the house guests talk about the 'healing' they received from the home stay.

Just like the 'healing' on MA.

LJE seems like such a mature, sensitive, thoughtful person. She was so friendly to the home stay guests and took her job very seriously. She is obviously very talented musically and is growing as an actress but she seems to have it together as a person already at such a young age.

Does anyone know how MA is doing in Japan? I've enjoyed the posts showing the mnet video clips and of course the posts of the magazine interview. I've tried to search online how the Japanese audience is reacting to MA but I can't find a thing. I feel like Charlie Brown, 'Does anybody know ... ?'

• Like 12

Me: don’t think you were the only male reader. There were few that came before you. They gave their opinion , they declared their love for MA and then they left !! 

Reasonable voices in the thread They were good people. At least they loved the drama that much to come by here and drop comments. They were courageous enough to declare their gender knowing that this site is filled with ladies who are crazy about LSK. Be happy that gave a male perspective hence helping our ship sail and reaffirming our belief that DH too had feelings towards jian. 

Did you you see what I just did ?? I channeled my inner MA :) :) 

random voice in head : so are you happy that their was diversity on this forum ? 

Me again : sad , I am sad. I am sad because although there were few , none of them decided to stick around!! 

Oooooohhh I did it again !! Sorry for going off the tangent. I was just trying to be funny !!  This is how much I think of MA that some dialogues creep in real life too !! 

I think there are 4-5 of us left here who refuse to let go of MA and move on. 

I personally have not started any drama because I am in drama slump right now after MA and nothing excites me anymore. I will just stick to watching MA and LSK old work again !!

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, t123han said:

Me: don’t think you were the only male reader. There were few that came before you. They gave their opinion , they declared their love for MA and then they left !! 

Reasonable voices in the thread They were good people. At least they loved the drama that much to come by here and drop comments. They were courageous enough to declare their gender knowing that this site is filled with ladies who are crazy about LSK. Be happy that gave a male perspective hence helping our ship sail and reaffirming our belief that DH too had feelings towards jian. 

Did you you see what I just did ?? I channeled my inner MA :) :) 

random voice in head : so are you happy that their was diversity on this forum ? 

Me again : sad , I am sad. I am sad because although there were few , none of them decided to stick around!! 

Oooooohhh I did it again !! Sorry for going off the tangent. I was just trying to be funny !!  This is how much I think of MA that some dialogues creep in real life too !! 

I think there are 4-5 of us left here who refuse to let go of MA and move on. 

I personally have not started any drama because I am in drama slump right now after MA and nothing excites me anymore. I will just stick to watching MA and LSK old work again !!

Out of curiosity, which pairing do you like best : LSK & IU or LBH & Kim Tae-Ri?

10 minutes ago, ladyrini said:

Out of curiosity, which pairing do you like best : LSK & IU or LBH & Kim Tae-Ri?

This maybe my biased mind speaking .. without doubts LSK and IU all the way. 

I can can see the spark flying between them even if they are standing there just staring into each other eyes. 

Whereas with Mr. Sunshine , although I am not following the drama I still know what’s going on( thanks to Instagram pop ups which are scattered around my timeline) . They seem to be looking at each other with longing but I don’t feel it. It doesn’t stir anything in my heart even when they held hands or hugged !!! 

So it’s LSK and IU will all my heart and soul :) 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, ladyrini said:

Hmm.... there is no way you are going to get an unbiased answer from the few who are still hanging around here, but it would still be fun to read people's thoughts right here.  I am watching Mr. Sunshine, but I am so far gone for LSK and MA that no way can I be objective.  That said, I am very curious to see how Mr. Sunshine viewers will answer your question.  Would you dare posting it on the MS thread on Soompi?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Hmm.... there is no way you are going to get an unbiased answer from the few who are still hanging around here, but it would still be fun to read people's thoughts right here.  I am watching Mr. Sunshine, but I am so far gone for LSK and MA that no way can I be objective.  That said, I am very curious to see how Mr. Sunshine viewers will answer your question.  Would you dare posting it on the MS thread on Soompi?

Hahaha...okay, I was so wrong to ask that. No offense, guys :)

But seriously, I had watched LSK's movie "Paju". In this movie, he potrayed a man who loves his sister in-law deeply and I tried to compare with his role in MA. All I can say, MA is his best acting 'till date. His pairing with IU is absolutely the best. What do you guys think? Has anyone watched that movie?

Hi, @popai5, could you please share your thought about what makes you think that PDH also like LJA romantically... I'd like to hear it from a male perspective. Thanks...

9 hours ago, ladyrini said:

LBH and Kim Tae Ri who?

Haha, just kidding...

I don't watch Mr. Sunshine because I don't really like historical drama so I can't compare...

Talking about chemistry between onscreen couple, I always like Ji Sung's acting. Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum is my favorite onscreen couple before LSK and LJE. And Ji Sung also has great chemistry with Han Ji Min in Familiar Wife, but drama is still on going so no final assessment can be made. Like they say, Ji Sung can build a chemistry with a tree :D 

But a good actor also needs a good acting partner. So sorry, no hate on Hyeri... in Entertainer, Ji Sung had sent great longing loving gazes but when the receiver (Hyeri) only reacted so-so, they failed to touch the audiences.

What I think one of the things that made LSK and LJE pairing is so phenomenal (yes, I'm totally bias :rolleyes:) is the compatibility between them...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I'm watching Mr. Sunshine but I'm liking it more for the chemistry between the 3 main male characters Eugene Choi, Gu Dong Mae and Kim Hee Sung. At first,  I was hoping to get heavily invested in the romance between Go Ae Shin and Eugene Choi but I feel like there's just too much setting up of the romance. It's like the scenes between them are heavily contrived to make me feel romantic. 

MA has really ruined me for traditional romance stories. I'm missing all the angst and pathos of PDH and LJA and the total lack of romance between them.  :P

• Like 6

On 8/30/2018 at 10:08 AM, ladyrini said:

no offense to anyone who likes their pairing but the chemistry between LBH&KTR sucks. KTR has better chemistry with both other secondary male leads and I can't even compare mr sunshine main couple with LSK and IU, they were otherworldly. And frankly, I think LBH does a poor job at playing his character

• Like 5
  • LOL 3